PDA

View Full Version : Marine Espirit!

SASless
19th Jan 2007, 14:23
The photo was taken after a USMC EOD NCO was blown up by a command detonated booby trap. The Gunny with the single up raised middle digit is "flipping off" the terrorist who triggered the device while the Gunny was dealing with an IED. Despite being burned and wounded by shrapnel, the Gunny's fighting spirit was not harmed at all. He returned to EOD duties a month later after recuperating from his injuires.

http://stripes.com/photos/34329_11415341b.jpg

Lord bless my trousers...but you have to admire Marines!

West Coast.....Guys like this must make you proud and remind you of what it means to be a real Marine!

Semper Fi, Mac!

Jack Aubrey
19th Jan 2007, 14:45
Hard Corps!

Maximum respect.

Jack

Gainesy
19th Jan 2007, 15:16
You sure he's not got only one finger left?

diginagain
19th Jan 2007, 15:26
Sure it's not a response to his buddies cat-calls for snipping the red wire instead of the blue one?
Lucky bloke anyway.

Two's in
19th Jan 2007, 15:35
Brave man, tackling an IED without any trousers...

Green Flash
19th Jan 2007, 21:49
Brave man, tackling an IED without any trousers...

Nice one Two - just done a coffee/keyboard interface!:ok:

West Coast
20th Jan 2007, 12:48
I've been on the receiving end of the bird plenty of times. Looks to me like he's sending a hearty greetings. Must of been from the ground side, wussies in the air wing (myself among others) would run screaming like a girl. This of course would allow us to fight and scream another day.

brickhistory
20th Jan 2007, 12:52
The Gunny with the single up raised middle digit is "flipping off" the terrorist who triggered the device while the Gunny was dealing with an IED. Despite being burned and wounded by shrapnel, the Gunny's fighting spirit was not harmed at all.

:ok: ......................................