PDA

View Full Version : KLM or Transavia to Rotterdam

Scarebus_A300
18th Jan 2007, 19:36
Hoi all,

I am hopping over to Holland in the summer to go and visit some friends who live on the outskirts of Rotterdam.

Anyway, when I went to see them last I flew Transavia, and whilst they were just 'ok', I wasn't particularly bowled over by the attitude of the cabin crew or amount of legroom I recieved.

So, as I said - I'm going over again in the summer, but have found some flights to Zestienhoven (via Schipol, then train to R'dam) by KLM that are slightly more expensive but when I have flown with the KLM before, I was very impressed by everything: Punctuality, pilots, cabin crew, service - The whole lot!
However, from where I live in Malaga, the flight to Rotterdam is not direct and includes a short stop over in Madrid.

Which are the best flights to go for then to Rotterdam out of the two Dutch carriers??

Thanks,

Scarebus_A300

Dutch250
21st Jan 2007, 18:51
Dear sir,

I would just fly Transavia if i were you..
The legroom on the KLM flights to Amsterdam is exactly the same.. The only better part is the service because you get a complimentary meal.
With Transavia you have to pay for your food..
But hey " your ticket is ten times cheaper"

Sorry to hear that you werent enthousiastic about the cabin crew either..
But my experience is that normally they are very friendly and helpfull..

And for the pilots :) well next time if i am in front, I will try to make you feel more welcome..

Enjoy your flight..
Regards.
Transavia Pilot..

22nd Jan 2007, 09:45
Being a relatively regular KLM flier and having felt quite cramped on a Transavia flight to Faro last September, I'm surprised to be told that the legroom is the same on both airlines.

I wouldn't worry about the train from Schiphol to Rotterdam. There are three an hour during most of the day and 1 an hour in the middle of the night for those occasions when everything goes pear-shaped.

That said, I'd still take the direct flight with Transavia. Between the connection in Madrid and the hauling your bags around Schiphol, it's the more attractive option. Also, Rotterdam Airport is a much more pleasant place to fly to/from. Within minutes of landing, you'll be out the front of the airport ready to get a bus or a taxi. In Schiphol, it can sometimes take 20 minutes to walk from your gate to the train station.

nivsy
22nd Jan 2007, 13:24
Are Tranavia not using the 800 series out of Rotterdam to AGP? At least they should be relatively new aircraft if so. Also pressumably if transit is via MAD who are you using to MAD for onward flight to netherlands?

If AMS is your final choice and you dont want to go Transavia direct to rotterdam (which seems to best) you could consider a possible dirt cheap flight (two sectors) with Veuling via Barcelona? Or is that just ridiculous......:*