PDA

View Full Version : Emirates

pwalhx
18th Jan 2007, 16:15
I have just completed a trip MAN-DXB-HKG-DXB-MAN on EK in Business class.

This is the first time I have flown with them for about 18 months, my compnay has used Qatar during that time, however on this trip because of timings we returned to EK.

I felt that the service level had deteriorated, for example no IFE working on the row I was in on the last leg and lots of probelsm with it elsewehere in biz and back in economy the crew told me, also the aircraft are beginning to look a little weary.

Just wondered whether other people had any views or am I being picky.

Scarebus_A300
18th Jan 2007, 19:41
Emirates = Fantastic!!

Couldn't fault them when I went to the Maldives and Dubai around three years ago - Absolutely impeccable!!

However, Qatar airways with their A330-200 fleet are definately just as good, and at a better price

WALSue
18th Jan 2007, 21:15
I went Emirates to Japan from MAN via Dubai in cattle market class
Manchester to Dubai was like kindergarten but hardly the fault of the airline didn't have any probs at all and they were the cheapest

Avman
18th Jan 2007, 21:43
Scarebus300, why don't you read pwalhx's post again! He clearly states that it's his first flight with them since 18 months and that he feels service standards have deteriorated in that period. You then reply with an opinion based on your last trip with them 3 years ago :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Scarebus_A300
19th Jan 2007, 14:59
@ Avman - Sorry, slight misunderstanding!!

Ok, well then - I'd fly Qatar if you feel the standards have slipped :)

chippy63
20th Jan 2007, 06:11
I used to fly EK a lot until I retired last year, because I preferred to be higher tier in a smaller number of airlines. But I did fly Qatar a couple of times, and they were indeed very good. Also, consider Etihad, the Abu Dhabi equivalent.
Given that long flights involve a transfer at DOH, AUH or DXB, a lot depends on which transit airport works most smoothly. Bear in mind that DOH uses buses to get you to and from the terminal, and that the lounge doesn't seem to serve booze!

pwalhx
20th Jan 2007, 11:35
I think the gist of my question has been lost, It wasn't to compare the relative merits of EK/QR/EY as such.

What I had intended was to find out if I had simply had a bad experience on the 4 sectors I recently flew on EK or did people feel that standards had dropped.

Whatever I shall continue to fly EK and QR, much dependant on flight timings and price.