PDA

View Full Version : Mutual support

GPMG
17th Jan 2007, 13:50
New mutual support agreement signed, yipee we get to follow our master around for another few years.

Just out of interest in the bottom photo, back row.....who's the chap in the middle?

Gainesy
17th Jan 2007, 14:09
Gimpy,
Yer forgot the link. (Geddit?)

stillin1
17th Jan 2007, 15:12
Wot photo:confused:

mbga9pgf
17th Jan 2007, 15:20
Wot photo:confused:
Just googled "US mutual support". I think its this....
http://london.usembassy.gov/ukpapress46.html
http://london.usembassy.gov/images/odc/acsa_signing_08jan07/07_103_003.jpg

The new ACSA builds in process improvements and expands the area of applicability from the previous document which was signed in 1984. The new ACSA will allow United Kingdom and U.S. military forces to exchange logistics support, supplies, and services, enhancing the ability to support exercises, peace-keeping operations, and humanitarian support missions anywhere in the world.

The ACSA facilitates logistic interoperability, military cooperation, unit readiness and increases flexibility for operational commanders. Speaking at the signing ceremony at the MOD in London, Rear Admiral Lyden said, “Much has changed in our approach to providing mutual security since 1984. The U.S. European Command is very pleased to be signing this ACSA with the UK, to bring the agreement forward, and to build upon our rich history of mutual support.”

glum
17th Jan 2007, 15:26
"enhancing the ability to support exercises, peace-keeping operations, and humanitarian support missions anywhere in the world."
But not war?:confused:

GPMG
17th Jan 2007, 15:43
Apologies for lack of links, I am taking my head for a dump.

dallas
17th Jan 2007, 16:51
"enhancing the ability to support exercises, peace-keeping operations, and humanitarian support missions anywhere in the world."
But not war?:confused:

Any mention of them letting us fly over their airspace with the ease they fly over ours? :hmm:

QFIhawkman
17th Jan 2007, 19:21
Quoting GPMG: "Just out of interest in the bottom photo, back row.....who's the chap in the middle?"

Are we missing a photo? If not, I reckon the chap in the middle at the back is in fact a lady.

Either I need to see an optician, or the "chap at the back" has fine devils' dumplings.

StbdD
17th Jan 2007, 19:39
ACSA - Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement

"The Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) provides the basic framework for cooperation in military logistic matters.This important international agreement provides for the exchange of logistic support, supplies and services on a reimbursable basis. It is focused on logistical support. The agreement does not, in any way commit a country to any military action."

DEL Mode
17th Jan 2007, 19:47
Where's Drayson?

FOMere2eternity
18th Jan 2007, 06:18
Where's Drayson?

Why? What's the story got to do with bag-free vacuum cleaners?