PDA

View Full Version : B744 Type Rating Courses

Podunk
17th Jan 2007, 10:03
Can anyone help with a question regarding B744 type rating courses for both/either FAA and JAA?

Am trying to nail down costs for training and sims thru rating issue. BA offers courses, but am looking to keep costs down to something bearable, (read believable). :eek:

I have some 5000+ on the Jurassic, but have been offered a -400 job and rating by a JAR ACMI operator, with a Bank Guarantee required. I understand that bonds are illegal under EU rules, but "Bank Guarantees" are kosher. What gives?

Does anyone have any experience in acquiring a cost-effective -400 rating other than with one of the Euro Flag Carriers?

4HolerPoler
17th Jan 2007, 12:11
Pan Am have converted many self-funded guys. They use the NATCO facility in MSP.

http://www.panamacademy.com/type.asp?ID=202

Just not sure how you'll get it on your JAA ticket.

4HP

Podunk
17th Jan 2007, 12:47
That, I think, will be the problem. I am operating on a UK issued JAR license. I do not have the B742 on my FAA ticket.

Any words from the wiser?

scroggs
17th Jan 2007, 18:34
Bearing in mind that this forum is for those attempting to obtain their professional licences, and are thus yet to start their professional career, can you tell me which airlines are employing <500-hour pilots with self-funded type ratings on Boeing 747-400s?

Or could you be in the wrong forum? :rolleyes:

Scroggs

smith
4th Jul 2007, 13:51
Randhem are in the process of starting up 747 type ratings JAA. Google them and see.