PDA

View Full Version : Cx Defo Pay

CRJIDE
16th Jan 2007, 16:08
Was just wondering if there is any website that displays current FO salaries for a DEFO. I was scouring the CX website but did not see any figures. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mayday911
16th Jan 2007, 19:23
Try www.airlinepilotcentral.com

CRJIDE
16th Jan 2007, 19:34
thanks mayday911.

CaptainProp
8th Feb 2007, 22:40
Thanks for the info mayday, but for those of you in the know...How much comes on top of the pay indicated on the link provided?? Flight pay, night stop allowance, housing etc?? Anybody? DEFO, SO?
/CP

Cedar Tree
9th Feb 2007, 06:29
Housing allowance is only provided in HK, my understanding is up to approx $10k usd/mth for Captain.

The link doesn't include 13th month pay or the light ($400usd/ 2006) profit sharing. Per diems are around $100/day.

Other than that, I think the link is accurate... but depends on exchange rate used for the HK base.

CaptainProp
9th Feb 2007, 08:18
Ok, so now I know how much a Captain is getting in housing :ok: however, most of us are, provided we get in, about 10-12 (?) years away from a left seat....

So, basically one can expect to get the pay on the link above, about $ 4300 if my memory serves me well. Then on top of that one would get $ 100 / day working....is 15 days a month a close enough figure? 13th month salary another $350 / month.... That would then give you a grand total of about $6000 / month, right? Profit sharing? Is that payed per month? I have seen a figure somewhere else here that housing would be about $3000 / month initially for a SO, is this figure correct??

mayday911
9th Feb 2007, 13:21
13th month is an Asian thing and only HK based employees receive it.

On top of the figure at airline pilot central you get....

-$4.50USD/hour of duty
-Allowances based on time at layover hotel (meals/laundry/overnight). On most 2 trip months I receive a little over $1000 for the month.
-15.5% of your base salary in lieu of p-fund contribution (If you take that option)

The profit share for 2006 really wasn't a profit share, it was a "gift" for the 60th anniversary of the airline. It was given to all pilots regardless of length of service.

All told, after US with holding tax, on first year pay with the 15.5%, I take home roughly 5500USD plus a variable amount in allowances.

Mayday

Liam Gallagher
9th Feb 2007, 13:30
May911,

Whilst the info you give may be on the web, it nonetheless a tad rude to discuss my renumeration in public.

Why not copy the info to every Tax Authority in the world whilst you're at it

.....no need really as I'm sure my ex-wife is doing it as I type...:ugh:

mayday911
9th Feb 2007, 15:56
Sure, what are the addresses?

As this is an anonymous website, I am sure that you are safe.

Mayday911

Liam Gallagher
10th Feb 2007, 10:38
Mayday,

As you say the site is anonymous, therefore, I look on the internet as a huge bar or corner shop. It would be rude to walk up to a stranger and ask of his salary; equally it would be foolish to reply.......................

Cedar Tree
10th Feb 2007, 15:59
Where do you suggest these conversations take place? Better find a way to hack airlinepilotcentral, we don't want ANY communication.

Aussie
11th Feb 2007, 01:28
Its no secret, and not exactly that difficult to find out, so why not help someone out? :confused:

Unbelieveable.

Aussie

Liam Gallagher
11th Feb 2007, 09:21
Aussie,

Read the big read words at the bottom of the page.

I believe my renumeration is confidential and shouldn't be splattered all over the www. I believe my renumeration should not be in public domain; it irritates that some lack the manners and discipline to keep renumeration details confidential.

You, and others, seem to believe my renumeration should be in the public domain; care to say why???

If someone (a potential new -joiner) wishes to know what the company is paying there are ways to find out...... pprune is not one of them......

christn
11th Feb 2007, 11:28
I totally agree!

moosp
11th Feb 2007, 13:17
I'm with Liam on this one. It's a cultural thing, Europeans don't discuss what they make in public, it seems the ex colonies do.

I personaly find it embarassing when a stranger asks what I make. Obviously I lie, either up or down for effect.

The head of BALPA many years ago said that one of his jobs was to make sure that the pay structure of pilots was so complicated that it became opaque to the Daily Mirror. I think he had a good point.

Aussie
12th Feb 2007, 11:38
Maybe its an Aussie thing.... Ive told strangers what ive made in the past and it wouldnt phase me to say it again... Dont see the big deal with it?

How does it effect you if someone knows?

Like i said, maybe its the Aussie mentality, but it really isnt an issue....

Aussie

SNS3Guppy
12th Feb 2007, 12:43
Open discussion of salaries is a taboo issue in general; even within a company, private discussion of salary is almost universally discouraged. Many firms have very strict policies on the matter. I've worked for several such companies.

Discussion about universal seniority based salaries, however, is common in the airline business. Someone who shows up to an interview unaware of the pay scale has done far too little research, and an airline which doesn't make this information available is virtually unheard of...comparisons of salries abound in the business.

I might suggest that this has been covered many, many times on this site, and a simple use of the search feature, and some careful reading will produce evidence of the pay scales having been posted again and again. Rather than ask for it once more, why not investigate a little to see what's already here? You'll find a lot of other good information on CX while you're at it.

Numero Crunchero
12th Feb 2007, 15:30
I only know the aussie salary off by heart. It is around $118K +15.5% provident fund(superannuation). Allowances are meal time based, not per diem. Not sure of the amount but on a typical aussie based roster I would say you would get around $1,000+ but obviously reduced by what you spend on food/liquids;-)

Liam don't worry, with 2000 CX pilots I am sure there must be around 1000 of us with exes so your identity should be safe.

Aussie, I agree with you. I have nothing to hide or be embarrased about.

Captain TOGA
12th Feb 2007, 19:15
Liam,

Check this out: http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/