PDA

View Full Version : Pesky Anti-Virus Software

FJJP
16th Jan 2007, 15:35
Suddenly Google opening page has been hijacked by something called 'asecurityissue.com' which gives all sorts of dire warnings and tells you to download 'Spy Heal' and 'Pest Capture' amongst others. I cannot get IE to accept Google as homepage.

It also flashes up virus and worm warnings - my Norton anti-virus is bang up-to-date and the machine is clean.

Any advice on how to get rid of this pest and restore Google to my IE homepage?

Thanks, FJJP

Saab Dastard
16th Jan 2007, 17:20
1) Just Google 'Spy Heal' Removal

2) pick any

3) follow the instructions

SD

FireFoxDown
16th Jan 2007, 19:31
Also it might be a good idea to go to download.com and search for a program called "Spybot Search and Destroy" which is a spyware/adware/junk removal program and scan your system with it! :ok:

obgraham
16th Jan 2007, 20:05
It's spyware till proven otherwise. My experience is that Norton is no good at detecting these.
Get Spybot S&D and AdAware, both free. Run them in safe mode. Run Norton again in safe mode just to be sure.
If those don't work, get SpySweeper, run the free version to see what it detects. You have to pay for the version that actually removes stuff, but it has been worth it to me.
As noted above, if you google the name of the offender, you may get some pointers on how to remove, but often the advice was beyond my simplistic skills.

I think they should hang people who invent that cr*p. And I wouldn't care if their heads fell off during the process.

FJJP
19th Jan 2007, 08:54
Hey guy, thanks for the info. I used Adaware and Spybot and all's back to normal.

Now all I have to do now is get my hair to grow back!

FJJP

An2
20th Jan 2007, 23:29
It really gets your juices going, doesn't it!? :E