PDA

View Full Version : High performance jet

Kerosine
16th Jan 2007, 11:42
Is there only the military route available if you wanted to get into a high performance jet?

I've never seen anything that offers this kind of thing, but my curiosity got the better of me.

Dave

scroggs
16th Jan 2007, 12:37
Basically, yes. Bearing in mind the title of this forum, to fly fast jets (which is what I assume you refer to) professionally, you must be employed either by a military or by a military aircraft builder - and they generally employ only ex-military pilots.

It is possible to fly preserved fast jets as a private pilot, but that is not within the remit of this forum.

Scroggs

swervin'mervin
16th Jan 2007, 14:29
Or, on the other hand wait for the Javelin to roll out and get a different kind of corporate job!

hobbit1983
16th Jan 2007, 14:46
Not maybe quite what you had in mind, but what about FRA Aviation? http://www.fraviation.com

Unusual Attitude
16th Jan 2007, 21:46
As Scroggs says you can fly ex military types like the Hunter, Gnat, L-39, L-29, Jet Provost(not exactly high perf I know!) etc but you wont be getting paid for it!

You can get more info on that over on the private flying forum if you do a search or you can PM me for info on flying the JP.

Actually, technically you can be renumerated for instruction on these(conversion to type) so I suppose you could get paid but not enough to live on!!

Hope that helps....

Regards

UA

B200Drvr
17th Jan 2007, 10:35
Or you can go to Thunder City in Cape Town with a bag full of money and fly the Lightning or the Bucc. Now that is high performance!!!

Kerosine
17th Jan 2007, 11:27
Cheers guys.

I saw the thundercity thing. Holy **** that looks like a scream.

I think it may ruin my enthusiasm for Cessnas/Pipers etc, I think the saying goes "If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor"

Dave