PDA

View Full Version : Full-Screen Command-Line Mode in VISTA

seacue
16th Jan 2007, 10:31
For near two decades I have been distributing a DOS software application I've written. It operates in full-screen mode. It works fine with Windows XP and earlier. With Win98 and earlier one can toggle between full screen and a smaller window with Alt-Enter.

I've been told it won't run under VISTA since there is no provision for a full-screen "Command line" mode.

I haven't found a way to start my program's graphical mode in anything except full-screen (Borland C++).

As one can guess, I really, really don't want to have to learn more modern software and rewrite my application.

Any practical suggestions?

seacue

hooligan88b
16th Jan 2007, 10:45
Run it under DosBox?

seacue
16th Jan 2007, 11:06
hooligan88b

Thank you. I'll suggest DOSBOX to my "complainer".

Gertrude the Wombat
16th Jan 2007, 11:26
Any practical suggestions?
Dunno how pratical it is, because it depends on the numbers, but if you don't want to rewrite it yourself you could get someone else to do it. (Like me for example.)

seacue
16th Jan 2007, 12:59
Gertrude the Wombat

Dunno how pratical it is, because it depends on the numbers, but if you don't want to rewrite it yourself you could get someone else to do it. (Like me for example.)
Since this is essentially a hobby project and I give it away, I'm not prepared to gasp pay. There are two very similar programs, each about 225k of Borland C++ 4.0 - and I only use the C features, not C++. At least 80% of the code is identical.

For a look at the results, download from http://home.earthlink.net/~lvehorn/ where a volunteer frequently updates the data files.

seacue

Gertrude the Wombat
16th Jan 2007, 13:13
I'm not prepared to gasp pay.
Ah well.:)