PDA

View Full Version : Freeze on ALL RAF promotions boards

waddingtonpete
15th Jan 2007, 19:18
There's a nasty rumour going around that all promotions boards have been stop, in some cases with less than a 1/3 of the selected candidates having been promoted. And also that some stations will be closed to help with the manpower shortage before the end of this financial year.:mad:

On_The_Top_Bunk
15th Jan 2007, 19:26
Only 2 previous posts?

Troll alert?

mbga9pgf
15th Jan 2007, 19:33
Only 2 previous posts?
Troll alert?

Its not even close to April 1st... Nice try tho ;)

L J R
15th Jan 2007, 19:34
Promotion=ground job, more responsibility, more bull sh*it, less fun....

Who cares!

StopStart
15th Jan 2007, 19:37
Some stations closed you say? Could I recommend Basra and Kandahar as numbers 1 and 2 on the list? Splendid idea.

Tragic re the promotions though....looks like I'll never make Head Groundskeeper now :(

sluf goat
15th Jan 2007, 19:41
Also heard stop on promotions :\ but not closures :)

Mr C Hinecap
15th Jan 2007, 20:04
We have to promote! I'll never get to the top of the sh!theap otherwise - some of these others are younger than me and I can't beat them all to death! I'm running out of space for the shallow graves :suspect:

GipsyMagpie
16th Jan 2007, 06:00
heard it on good authority that the navy are having this promotion stop...maybe some air marshal has gone...."nice idea, could get promoted off that"

Antique Driver
16th Jan 2007, 06:55
Only a third of selected candidates then...probably the third who actually did something worthwhile to get promoted as opposed to OIC Nursery or Summer Ball Ctte!!!!

Stns closing.......must be Brize Norton with the money they're spending on it!!!!

threepointonefour
16th Jan 2007, 08:40
Freeze on promotion?

I thought that had been in place for a few years now.

... hasn't it?

Bugger.

Wader2
16th Jan 2007, 13:18
Heard a rumour that Flt Ops got all the promtions they deserved.

One :}

Zoom
16th Jan 2007, 14:00
Gipsy
It's called jointery. The pongoes will be climbing on board next. As we write, some general is saying, 'Nice idea, could get....etc'

Scribbly dee
17th Jan 2007, 18:10
Recently phoned the desky to ask about promotion board, don't know how many bluntys they were after or how it went but apparently I was not good enough again:{.....took that to mean 'sorry you are not shallow enough yet for promotion you have got far too much back bone:ok:'........never mind best spend another year relaxing and swinging the lead and pretending to give a toss whilst getting on with running my own business in works time....!!!!!:D I'll get it on time promotion eventually nobody likes to see a 50+ year old Flt Lt.....do they..........?

Climebear
17th Jan 2007, 19:39
So the RAF doesn't promote someone who spent their year
........ relaxing and swinging the lead and pretending to give a toss whilst getting on with running my own business in works time

And you were shocked by this in what way exactly?

Always_broken_in_wilts
17th Jan 2007, 20:24
CB,

"ask about promotion board, don't know how many bluntys they were after"

he states he is a blunty and a Flt Lt to boot and in my 30 odd years experience the lifestyle he describes is SOP for his rank and trade group:rolleyes:

Mactlsm1
18th Jan 2007, 00:07
CB,

"ask about promotion board, don't know how many bluntys they were after"

he states he is a blunty and a Flt Lt to boot and in my 30 odd years experience the lifestyle he describes is SOP for his rank and trade group:rolleyes:

ABIW,
Just to be a pedant, if Scribbly dee is a Flt Lt then he/she will be serving in the Admin Branch. Trade Groups are for non-commissioned ranks, like what I was.

And on a lighter note an old message about promotion......."You'll get no promotion this side of the ocean, so cheer up my lads, f*** them all."

Mac
(Hercman)

Always_broken_in_wilts
18th Jan 2007, 07:32
Pedant.......nah:rolleyes:

But the Linconshire KFS course claims another victim:p

Climebear
18th Jan 2007, 10:25
ABIW,
Just to be a pedant, if Scribbly dee is a Flt Lt then he/she will be serving in the Admin Branch. Trade Groups are for non-commissioned ranks, like what I was.

And on a lighter note an old message about promotion......."You'll get no promotion this side of the ocean, so cheer up my lads, f*** them all."

Mac
(Hercman)

Just to up the pedantry.. . it should read 'is a flt lt' as the rank itself is not a proper noun; therefore, capitalization is not appropriate. It would, however, be appropriate if you were refering to Flt Lt Scribbly dee;)

Mactlsm1
18th Jan 2007, 11:16
CB

Fair cop on that one - :ugh:

Mac

Always_broken_in_wilts
18th Jan 2007, 11:23
Ratty,

Many thanks for that:D , I always wondered what that "pride cometh before a fall" saying was all about