PDA

View Full Version : Branch Officer Flying Pay

Perivod
13th Jan 2007, 17:05
Are there any Commissioned Warrant Officers commissioned into aircrew branch or Aircrew Branch Officers commissioned from NCA into branch out there? If so, what rate of Flying pay did you go onto on commissioning and what rate are you on now? I'm having some grief with JPA and am under threat of having to pay back a large sum which I think I am entitled to. Also, are there any Branch Officer Aircrew out there who have done the 8 years and become Spec Aircrew? If so, how does the flying pay work after the 8 year point? Any replies gratefully accepted.

Tourist
13th Jan 2007, 18:19
i Dont Care!!!!

stillin1
14th Jan 2007, 08:34
Tourist
Did one fall out of the wrong side of the bed mon brave?:)

mayorofgander
14th Jan 2007, 10:56
Did tourist fail selection perchance???:{

MOG:ok:

Mmmmnice
14th Jan 2007, 11:30
Tourist - interesting mix of upper/lower and lack of apostrophe. Has that made your day now? I'm not normally that p*ssed and still trying to work a keyboard!

Perivod - I wish you luck. Because of JPA I have given up making claims and wondering if I'm paid correctly - and now I have to do electronic and paper for every bit of leave (the paper is for the person who actually sorts it out but is not on the lecky paper trail! - barking or what?) The only up side is that 4 months of the year I can sit in the GAFA not worrying about leave, allowances or anything else (except for the monkeys shooting at me) ah bliss......

Tourist
14th Jan 2007, 14:02
stillin

........maybe.....

stillin1
14th Jan 2007, 15:38
Tourist
Roger that, happens to us all some days:ouch:

Daf Hucker
14th Jan 2007, 19:10
I haven't got details available at home, but IIRC, there are only 2 rates of flying pay for Branch Officers, I think I started on the lower rate and that I am now on the higher rate. As for Spec Aircrew, I qualify in 2008, i.e. after 8 years as Flt Lt, not 8 years after commissioning. The details are available the in AP3392(?) which can be downloaded from the intranet.

Although Spec Aircrew no longer exists, you will be in reserved rights to Spec Aircrew Terms of Service (SATOS). I reality this doesn't mean much for branch officers, your flying pay will stay the same, although you will receive a Spec Aircrew pension. Last time I looked (a year or two ago) it was worth £4k a year more than a "standard" Flt Lt.

You can apply to transfer to PAS 15 months or so before your SATOS qualification date, which should give you about another £9k a year on your pension, and another 5 years+ of pay rises.

Hope that helps

Daf

Sentry Agitator
15th Jan 2007, 20:53
Perivod

I too have been JPA'd although my sitch is a little different to yours. I'm an FC commissioned whilst on Sentry and returned after completing IOT so therefore not perm entitled to FP. I read the afforementioned 3392 and was sure I was entitled to higher rate, having served on Sentry for 10 years and done 18 in total. Surely enough JPAC confirmed my query and backdated my rate to 1 April but didn't give a qual date? My mistake was to query again under legacy for the actual qual date, at which point PMA (god blessem) decided they wanted all the money back. A tidy little sum no less! I'm waiting for it to hit the pay packet so that I can appeal...the only course offered to me although I still don't think its right. There are lots of conflicting paras that intimate you could receive a different rate but the man at del PMA say NO! theres a one liner as a catch all.

The problem: the AP changed 1 Apr 03 for all of us commissioned from the ranks after this date -meaning we don't have any reserved rights WRT timing. I've been advised that I have to do another 2.5 years on middle rate before going onto higher rate. A bit of a bugger but apparently there are rather a lot of us in the same sitch!

Sorry buddy....not what you want to hear I'm sure but keep me posted on how you get on.