PDA

View Full Version : Cougar Helicopters S61N at Aberdeen

Limpopo
13th Jan 2007, 12:56
Hi

Anyone know why a Cougar Helicopters S61N turned up at Aberdeen today?

paco
13th Jan 2007, 13:29
So Ronnie made it safely, huh?

It was stopping for fuel on the way to Norway, having been shipped to Liverpool and flown up from there.

Phil

Canadian Rotorhead
13th Jan 2007, 13:38
A few weeks ago the aircraft left Halifax, Nova Scotia via ship for a new job in Bergen, Norway.

http://www.vih.com/adminpages/photoImages/Cougar_S61_TIG.jpg

http://www.vih.com/adminpages/photoImages/Cougar_S92_vs_S61.jpg

CDN RH

Limpopo
13th Jan 2007, 14:02
Nice Photos.

Is the contract a Cougar one, or is it being leased to someone like CHC Helikopter Service?

Canadian Rotorhead
13th Jan 2007, 21:32
Nice Photos.

Is the contract a Cougar one, or is it being leased to someone like CHC Helikopter Service?

I have heard a few things but believe it started as a dry lease that became a wet lease for lack of CHC crews.

As for the pics, thank VIH, I piggybacked them off their nice website.

CDN RH

malabo
13th Jan 2007, 21:32
Didn't think there were any 61's still allowed to operate offshore in Norway, or maybe they just fell out of fashion.

Are my eyes deceiving me or does one of the above pictures show Carson blades (blades look different in the two shots). With the blades and better avionics Norway will wonder why they paid ten times as much for an S92 to do the same thing.

malabo

Canadian Rotorhead
13th Jan 2007, 21:41
Didn't think there were any 61's still allowed to operate offshore in Norway, or maybe they just fell out of fashion.
Are my eyes deceiving me or does one of the above pictures show Carson blades (blades look different in the two shots). With the blades and better avionics Norway will wonder why they paid ten times as much for an S92 to do the same thing.
malabo

They don't mess around with metal blades anymore. The Carson kit has really proven their worth. VIH is doing mods to a number of aircraft putting the SAGEM glass cockpit into seven SK61Ns as well as the Carson Blades. Might be making the S92 sales staff a little nervous.

CDN RH

malabo
13th Jan 2007, 21:44
I saw the SAGEM panel on a Carson 61 at the HAI a couple years ago, and it looked damn good.

RH, can you post a photo of the VIH SAGEM panel for the 61?

malabo

bb in ca
14th Jan 2007, 00:00
What are the benefits of the Carson blades? Any Vne increase? Any internal or external MGW increase? Reduced fuel burn in cruise? Reduced vibration?

What are the benefits of the SAGEM glass cockpit? Does it mainly replace the ADI and HSI? Any coupling to an auto pilot?

Thanks for the info.

cheers,
bb

Richard Taylor
26th Jan 2007, 16:25
See the Cougar 61 was back in ABZ this morning, presume on its way back from BGO.

rotor-rooter
27th Jan 2007, 14:25
Rumour has it that CHC had wet-leased this aircraft, but the Unions stopped it from operating - must be they don't like Canadians in the Norwegian sector!:eek:

So, mobilisation and contract paid in full, then off to the next contract. Jolly good work if you can get it.

Who takes (gets?) the blame for this one?

NS-Sect
27th Jan 2007, 15:20
A mate of mine flys in Bergen, looks as if rooter is correct. They had shop all set-up to fly on wetlease with CHC for a short contract. Unions had the final say, NO. Appears as if they packed up the next day and departed for Canada.
Someone getting a large bill for sure, ouch. :D

Impress to inflate
27th Jan 2007, 15:44
Will CHC management ever learn the lesson. :ugh: