PDA

View Full Version : WSOp recruitment

Spinflight
13th Jan 2007, 02:04
I've been reading the recent(ish) threads on the WSOp branch and wondered where you'd be most likely to end up in the current climate. Other than trying the linguist aptitude test it seems as though you have little or no control over whether you end up in the back of a Nimrod or ALM on fixed / rotary.

Assuming you had the aptitude for either role which would be most likely given the current staffing levels etc?

More importantly which should you prefer had you the choice? :)

bad livin'
13th Jan 2007, 09:03
In order of preference...

1. Chinook
2. Puma or Merlin
3. SAR
4. C17
5. Albert
6. Anything else.

smugley
13th Jan 2007, 16:24
Despite it all being under the 'WSOP' umbrella, people are given the opportunity of filling in a dream sheet with the preference, most seem to get what they want.

All in all, anyone who's done a bit of prep towards becoming a WSOP (including these forums if you like) should understand that despite the hype, the mob will fill the holes first and blag the rest i.e. 'you could easily swap trades later on you know, honest mate'.

What should you apply for? Depends how close you want to be to your next meal.;)

circle kay
13th Jan 2007, 16:29
At the moment, ‘opportunities’ in all most all platforms / roles. The output from the first one or two ‘generic’ courses is now just about out on the front line across the aircraft types for WSOps. Not heard of any that regretted where they ended up after streaming… yet. Up to now I believe that the staff on 55(R) have managed to keep the majority happy with first or second choice. But as it always has been, so it must be:-

1. Service Need

2. Aptitude

3. Individual Wish

As for which should you prefer… the one that interests you the most and you think you will get the most satisfaction out of. Ask lots of questions on here, everywhere else you can think of and during the generic phase. Remember you won’t be ‘locked’ into the role for life, you can ‘ring the changes’ subject of course to points 1 and 2. I know of five WSOps who are on their fourth role or type and lots on their third.