PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express Address Book

born2fly_au
12th Jan 2007, 20:19
I use Outlook Express containing several different email accounts. When sending emails to different people Is there a way of assigning addresses within the address book to a particular email account instead of having to manually selecting each email account when you select an address from within the address book. EG: default email account your isp but you want to send email to say "john smith" on your Yahoo account. Is there a way of when you open outlook express and select "john smith" from you address book it automaticly send his message via the yahoo account instead of having to manually select that account each time you send him an email.
Thanks in advance Big_Al

Terraplaneblues
13th Jan 2007, 18:52
In the New Message window, the From: bar has a dropdown button at the extreme right hand side, click that and you can send from any account.
I hope that's what you're looking for...
Having re read I think this is not what you want.

born2fly_au
13th Jan 2007, 19:08
Terraplaneblues, you are sort of on the right track. This is what i do now but what i want is to be able to have the account selected automaticly when i add an address from my address book instead of having to do it manually. I only ever send an email to one person at a time i do not send bulk emails to multiple recipients. so it is not as if i have more than one address in the send line at any one time.
:rolleyes: now i am getting confused :ugh:, hope i have made it clear what i mean.:ok: Thanks Allen

Keef
13th Jan 2007, 20:50
I don't think there's a way with Outlook Eggspress to do that. You can select the "from" address you want to use for each message, but that's not the same.

I don't trust OE (with reasons), and use Thunderbird. That doesn't quite do what you want either, but it does reply from the address the message was sent to (with the right settings, which mine has, but don't ask me how to configure that cos I don't remember).