PDA

View Full Version : Was that our Pink Aviator?

flyingfemme
12th Jan 2007, 09:41
Caught a trailer for "When loves comes to Town" on the Beeb this morning....looked suspiciously like the Pink One in a starring role.......

DX Wombat
12th Jan 2007, 10:59
I didn't see the clip but from information I have recently received I should say that it probably was.

Brooklands
12th Jan 2007, 13:06
FF,
It almost certainly was the Pinkster as DXWombat said above. For those who would like to see the program (and those who want to make sure that the absolutely don't) the first episode is on BBC1 on Sunday at 18:15.

Brooklands

BEagle
12th Jan 2007, 13:55
Yes, it was indeed the dear little lady herself!

Nervous as a kitten and suffering from the after effects of a cold, but as fun as ever. I received a pinktxt a few minutes later asking how it had gone - she was off to Selfridges for a coffee, then back home again later.

I understand that there will be quite a lot about her part in the programme in the first 2 episodes in particular. Including some airborne shots....:ooh:

Did you notice the famous pink headsets?

kevmusic
12th Jan 2007, 14:42
Pardon my ignorance but who are we talking about? :confused: And what's all the significance? :)

A puzzled Kev.

flyingfemme
12th Jan 2007, 14:44
Did you notice the famous pink headsets?

I didn't see any headsets but caught a glimpse of what looked like a small Cessna - so then I paid attention!

The lady was wearing a black dress with telltale pink accessories and when she gave a little personal information I was sure it was her :)

Brooklands
12th Jan 2007, 15:41
Kevmusic,

Its a reference to a famous/infamous* long running thread and the subject thereof from a few years ago. It appears though that the thread has been removed recently, I assume as part of the tidy up to try and improve server performance.

Brooklands

*depending on how you reacted to the thread - some people loved it others hated it

mad_jock
12th Jan 2007, 16:18
I deleted it after recieving a couple of nagging phone calls from flyingschoolsec. I was getting ready for work and BRL wasn't online to shift it.

There was a mention in the sunday times about bits and bobs about pinky and there was a worry that various bits of the thread were going to be quoted and taken out of context. It was all a huge drama and I was looking forward to 6 sectors with winds of 290/41G59 in pissing rain so I gave in very quickly and removed it.

BEagle
12th Jan 2007, 18:00
Did you archive it first?

If not, WTF not?

mad_jock
12th Jan 2007, 18:28
Because

A. I don't know how to.

B. I had 2 phone calls while trying to get my **** together for work.

C. Pinky via FSS had told me to delete it.

D. I had a shot at getting it shifted but the mod was working and couldn't get near a computer.

E. BRL wasn't about so I couldn't PM him to get it done quickly.

I can assure you that it didn't just enter my head while I was ironing my shirt "pinky's TV prog is on this weekend better delete the thread". I have had far more personal reason's in the past to kill it and haven't.

PPRuNe Radar
12th Jan 2007, 19:40
Fear not .... or fear a lot :)

Deleted threads simply disappear from public view with the latest software.

They are still there in the system, and available if anyone from the Mod/Admin teams needs to resurrect them.

Gertrude the Wombat
12th Jan 2007, 19:56
available if anyone from the Mod/Admin teams needs to resurrect them
When's the book due out anyway??

mad_jock
12th Jan 2007, 20:36
Found the times article (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2090-2532755.html)

The bit I like is.

Highland men are very reserved,” complains Vanessa, an attractive forty-something blonde. “Probably to the point that you could take all your clothes off and stand naked in front of them and say, ‘take me’, and they would just look at you and walk away.”

Too bloody right. The women are nutters as well as being pale blue. I acually feel quite sorry for the blokes from Devon. It must have been like lambs to slaughter.

“The one who’s attracted to you — she’s a handful.”
“She just takes control.”
“You man enough for her?”
“Crazy Scottish bird!”
“Feisty! Feisty!”

Did they not warn them before they went up? Issue them with rape alarms or something (like a big stick)?

And pinky dear you really do have such a refreshingly naive way with words.

I got fresh with him and he was a young boy

All I can do is laugh you really are daft lovable bat. Fresh in pinky's book means flirt like hell and provide home baking at any opportunity.

WestWind1950
12th Jan 2007, 21:20
anyone wishing to learn a bit about who the pinkster is can do so here (http://www.skytanz.de/PinkAviator/pinksterindex.html) :p
Westy

rustle
12th Jan 2007, 21:54

If not, WTF not?

WTF4?

Come now, you don't seriously expect anyone here to believe that you and the other four people who contributed to that thread didn't download and keep a copy of it for posterity. :suspect:

mad_jock
12th Jan 2007, 21:58
That brings back memorys.

To be honest between Pinky and other waifs and strays (who were having problems with thier current schools) that I collected through pprune and that thread. They taught me so much about the Art (because it is an Art) of Instructing. In fact between them they taught me more than the other 15 odd PPl's and flight instructors course (FIC). It actually convinced me that the FIC was a waste of time and was actually a hinderance to teaching for me. I went back to gut feel and my methods learned while teaching scuba diving quite early on. Thank god I never had to do a renewal test. I never had a failure so it must have worked.

The biggest feeling of pride was when a BA TRE PM'ed me and said that he had taken her up in his Yak and she had a nice pair of hands. After the pride there was a huge feeling of jealously she had got a shot of a Yak. For all that slag her off she does handle very nicely. In fact a few of them would be quite pissed off how well she does.

BRL
12th Jan 2007, 22:00

If not, WTF not?

WTF4?
Come now, you don't seriously expect anyone here to believe that you and the other four people who contributed to that thread didn't download and keep a copy of it for posterity. :suspect:
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Mike-Patrick/Hot-Buttered-Popcorn-Print-C12048524.jpeg
Anyone???? :D

stiknruda
12th Jan 2007, 22:07
Apart from an early offer "if all else fails" to spray her headset pink, I never really got involved with the thread.

However, I was thanked by the Pinkster by PM and we exchanged a few PM.
I really hope that S is doing well and having fun!!

Yes - I'll tune in on Sunday, mmn with a small glass of something:)

rustle
12th Jan 2007, 22:09
Yes - I'll tune in on Sunday, mmn with a small glass of something:)

Strychnine ;) :O

Whirlybird
13th Jan 2007, 08:12
I'll enjoy watching that on Sunday. She had a helicopter trial lesson with me, and handled R22s pretty well too. And underneath all the......well, pinkness, she's an ordinary, nice, normal person. Like most of us really.

silverknapper
13th Jan 2007, 20:05
I smell a rat!
I can assure you that it didn't just enter my head while I was ironing my shirt "

As anyone who knows MJ will confirm, he doesn't iron his shirts!!!!;)

StrathLady
14th Jan 2007, 18:31
well did anybody watch the epic. what a hoot it all was. bunch of us watched it in the local here in the village and the laughter never stopped, especially when we saw our local star celebrity DJ in her riding outfit. :} :} :} that caused a crescendo of laughter which rattled the windows and a rush to the toilets for us ladies.:uhoh: well all i can say is there will be much bitchin in the wee supermarket and the harbor post office tomorrow and roll on next sunday. seems theres more footage of your favorite flier and i suppose another equally hilarious outfit. cant wait.

Whirlybird
14th Jan 2007, 20:09
Yep, I watched it. It was fun. Pinkster, if by any chance you're reading this, you looked just like........YOU! :ok:

bluenun
15th Jan 2007, 09:12
well all i can say is there will be much bitchin in the wee supermarket and the harbor post office tomorrow .
;) Well all I can say is a little less bitchin makes the world a better place!
go for it Pinkster
:O :O

StrathLady
15th Jan 2007, 10:09
sorry sweetie but the bitchin has already begun.:} MUCH tittering and hilarity in the village this morning over her 'performance' last night. still, everyone here is really looking forward to the rest of the shows to see if she can make an even bigger fool of herself. the fish box wil be packed over the next few sunday nights for sure. oh and listen out for more of the i havent been out with a man for years porkies. some of our local men find that soooooo funny. At least Ailidh came across as pretty sane and normal thank god.

QDMQDMQDM
15th Jan 2007, 10:10
You know, having a bit of a life, I missed the whole pink aviator saga. Can someone give me a 2 line precis?

All I could gather was that there was a lot of narcissism and silliness flying around. Am I wrong?

Many thanks in advance,

QDM