PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Off-Blocks Time?

silentwitness
11th Jan 2007, 13:27
Hi

Been searching through the FCOM, but it was fruitless!!

Does anyone know the min speed required during pushback before the off-block time is recoreded on the FMGS? I think I heard it was 3 knots, but can't find any reference of that.

Thanks

Dream Land
11th Jan 2007, 13:32
My aircraft generates an "off block" when all slides are armed (all doors closed) and the parking brake is released. :}

Maz11
11th Jan 2007, 13:33
From my personal experience on the 320/1s I fly it's not the pushback speed that determines the off blocks time, its the Parking Brake.

Sneeky way to get an OTD, release the parkbrake for a couple of seconds whilst holding the a/c with the footbrake. After a few seconds re-apply the parkbrake and it usually records that as the off blocks time, and in our case automatically sends it via ACARS.

Maybe you have a different mod though.

Dreamland beat me to it, but he is correct all doors have to be closed, although not sure about the slides armed, we can do it without that.

spannersatcx
11th Jan 2007, 14:13
Sneeky way to get an OTD, release the parkbrake for a couple of seconds whilst holding the a/c with the footbrake. After a few seconds re-apply the parkbrake and it usually records that as the off blocks time, and in our case automatically sends it via ACARS.

Used to be like that, but we get an ACARS brakes release 10:00 (park brake off) Off blocks 10:02 (once you actually start moving). So your off blox time actually gets generated once the IRS senses movement.

j_davey
11th Jan 2007, 20:22
dont ya just love acars, especially when an inbound aircraft puts on its parking brakes when holding for a stand thus recording an early on block time to the tune of 10mins or so.... as pilots can you guys overwrite or re-send an acars block time? generally as handling agents we can, depending on the airline but it looks dodgy.

Denzil
11th Jan 2007, 20:37
Got to agree with my friend spanners here, on the A330/340 it is the ADIRU that senses the pushback. Good move if awaiting clearance (& obviously jetbridge off/doors closed), is to ask for brakes released to remove the chocks & get the tug driver to give the aircraft a nudge (not too gently though). Low & behold a nice off blocks time!!!!

spannersatcx
12th Jan 2007, 08:33
dont ya just love acars, especially when an inbound aircraft puts on its parking brakes when holding for a stand thus recording an early on block time to the tune of 10mins or so.... as pilots can you guys overwrite or re-send an acars block time? generally as handling agents we can, depending on the airline but it looks dodgy.
You shouldn't as doors are still closed and engines running.

Denzil, did you get my e-mail?

airseb
12th Jan 2007, 16:31
it's multiple entries: if you'v released the Prk Brk and have started en engine in the next 2 or 3 mins that's the block time you'll get although there are differences between the older ACARS's and the newer ATSU's

seb

Ag2A320
12th Jan 2007, 16:58
It depends on the what the customer airline requested when ordering from Airbus, the oldest aircrafts in our fleet generate an out time when the brakes are released(hence our SOP call for placing zeros in the Flight number/AC line number fields in ACARS to help prevent false in/out time being registered in the system), others when cabin door is closed and brakes released, and the newer A320/A321's which weren't second hand is based on groundspeed greater the 3kts , later MSN on combination of engine start and brake release, its all set to what the customer requests as for triggers of out time.

Wino
12th Jan 2007, 17:00
Shall we discuss manipulating that time now?

Cheers
Wino

FlapsOne
12th Jan 2007, 17:50
For EZY 319s I believe it to be park brake off (obviously!) and 1.5kts G/S.

Can't find a reference i'm afraid and it really wouldn't surprise me to see several different versions/mod states around the place.

silentwitness
12th Jan 2007, 18:17
Thanks for all the replies guys!! It's EZY info I'm after. I didn't know there were so many different ways to trigger the off time. So a safe bet will be 1.5 - 3 kts groundspeed? ;)

Cheers

Col

snipes
12th Jan 2007, 22:02
Shall we discuss manipulating that time now?
Cheers
Wino

Ah yes the manual clock setting procedure.....I just love the internal clock.