PDA

View Full Version : Aussies flight time

Atishoo
11th Jan 2007, 12:25
Was I reading right? Did I read that it only takes 2 hours to fly from Sydney to Perth?

I was thinking it was loner than that, an someone clarify for me please.

Also, how long does it take to fly from Cairns to Perth?

And..... Is Virgin Blue the cheapest option? Do they compare with our Easyjet?

Thanks

Devonair
11th Jan 2007, 12:34
2 Hours in a space ship maybe! Flight time is around 5 hours SYD - PER and 4 Hours coming back. Check out Qantas and Virgin Blue for fares and timings...

Atishoo
11th Jan 2007, 13:06
Thought so Thanks, but on virgin blue site its showing a take off and landing 2 hrs apart !!!!!

Rainboe
11th Jan 2007, 13:17
You're not allowing for local time changes! This is an east/west flight. Try coming the other way- probably takes 6 hours

Travel Agent
11th Jan 2007, 13:55
I flew with Virgin Blue a couple of years back MEL-SYD and back, found them to be excellent, leather seats, friendly crew and on time both ways :D

13Alpha
11th Jan 2007, 15:58
And..... Is Virgin Blue the cheapest option? Do they compare with our Easyjet?

Thanks

I flew Melbourne - Sydney - Hervey Bay and back with Virgin Blue in November. For those routes they were the cheapest by some distance (they had an online sale at the time).

They were also on time, friendly and efficient :D- I'd recommend them.

13Alpha

Atishoo
17th Jan 2007, 17:42
So is it wiser to book the internals after we arrive into Aus?

I know singapore and i think some qantas flights offer some free internal flights, anyone know anything abt those please?

Globaliser
18th Jan 2007, 17:59
So is it wiser to book the internals after we arrive into Aus?There's no reason why you shouldn't book the domestic flights before you arrive. AFAIK, the Qantas and Virgin Blue websites take overseas credit cards. I frequently book my long-haul flights on a standalone basis, and just pick up the domestics as and when I know when and where I want to fly.

Just to add to the note about time zones in Australia - if going to Adelaide or elsewhere in South Australia, you may want to bear in mind that there is a ½ hour time change from Sydney/NSW and Melbourne/Victoria. And that Queensland does not have daylight saving time at all, notwithstanding Western Australia's current flirtation with it.