PDA

View Full Version : Layover/Overnight Allowances II

beachwave40
11th Jan 2007, 05:57
I'll try again. thanxs Sianala1 , but there is a table that the airlines follow in australia. i think the ATO or Gov, set the stnd. Does nybody know the table or know how they work out the allowance

sinala1
11th Jan 2007, 09:21
This will probably get moved to the Interview questions thread, but at the moment VB and also J* (I think?) pay set allowances to Cabin Crews per night, no matter how long the layover is. VB Currently pays something like $91 a night. I am not sure as to why VB Cabin Crew are not paid per meal period (as the pilots are??? :confused: ) - the pilots apparently get, on average, $110 per day away from home. As far as the ATO table is concerned, I suggest you go to the ATO website and do a search for Living Expenses or similar?

Ok edited to note that I have done research for you Beachwave (aren't I a nice guy) and found the following for 2006/2007:

http://law.ato.gov.au/atolaw/view.htm?docid=TXD/TD200643/NAT/ATO/00001

Which answers my question re the pilots getting paid more per overnight - their income is in a different bracket to the Cabin Crews, and meal allowances etc are higher in their bracket.

Interesting to note that in the income bracket $84,250 or below, the combined breakfast/lunch/dinner meal allowance for the main cities in Australia is $79.35, with incidentals being a further $14.95 - giving a total of $94.30 (I have not included Accomodation allowance, as crews don't pay for their accomodation).

In the income bracket $84,251 - $149,750 the combined breakfast/lunch/dinner allowance is $93.70, with incidentals being a further $21.35, giving a total (again, excluding accomodation) of $115.05

These amounts do vary if you go up to the next income bracket.

beachwave40
11th Jan 2007, 09:25
i dnt underdtnd why it would get moved into interview questions, cause its not an interview question. Only being that in JQI, you get a different overnight allowance depending on the port you are in and the time and would like to know how they come to that figure