PDA

View Full Version : Another new aviation comic?

stiknruda
10th Jan 2007, 22:24
Had a phone call tonight, pleading with me to advertise in ..... a new bi-monthly (6 times a year?) tabloid with a shiney cover.....

free apparently to all flying clubs and registered owners (UK - I guess).

Can the market bear another Loop look-likey?

Stik

windriver
10th Jan 2007, 23:10
Any chance of PM'ing me the name of it please and a URL if possible ... May seem sad but I keep a list of these things....:yuk:

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
11th Jan 2007, 00:31
I just know I will regret this but what is wrong with Loop?

hoodie
11th Jan 2007, 08:05
Presumably there's something right about Loop, hence the emergence of competition!

I expect it is the magazine advertised with a full page splash in its publisher's main monthly GA title this issue.

formationfoto
11th Jan 2007, 12:01
I guess the question is whether it is a 'looky likey' or something different - only time (and certain publishing and editorial people) will tell.

Just because it is on paper and has aviation matter in it doesnt mean it is the same.

Tell me the Times is the same as the Mirror!

I await my copy.

Quite like the idea of a mix of paid and free masg though - plenty to read of differing stylesm depth, and quality.

stiknruda
11th Jan 2007, 14:17
Formationfoto, I don't disagree but hope that the "editorial" folk at Archant have better proof-reading skills than yourself!:E :E :E :E

formationfoto
11th Jan 2007, 14:21
havent you seen a 'free masg' - you should try one sometime!. I dont proof read, struggle enough to write.

Particularly fetching look as an unkempt itinerant trying to sell an aircraft I thought.............

ultimatepro63
11th Jan 2007, 14:51
You cant really say anything is wrong with a magazine such loop
because its FREE
Loops a great magazine

Kolibear
12th Jan 2007, 11:54
Theres a one-pager in Pilot this month for a new mag called 'Going Flying' or something similar. Is that the one you mean Stik? Is it a freebie?

Aeronut
12th Jan 2007, 13:52
Loop is terrific - and its free!

stiknruda
12th Jan 2007, 14:39
Koli - yes that is the one!

giloc
12th Jan 2007, 17:16
Loop is terrific - and its free!

I agree. It also looks like it is sucking in lots of advertising revenue that seems to have frightened Archant into trying to copy it.