PDA

View Full Version : Question about international flight planning...

Jakke
10th Jan 2007, 21:31
Hello!
I have been working in operations for some years now , and since i am working for a regional airline, our flights are limited to (western) europe. As you know, filing a flightplan is easy - just send it via SITA to IFPS and you get your ACK (hopefully ;-) within a few seconds. But what about international flight planning? How to file a FPL for the USA? Or Russia, Japan, Africa? Does this happen via IFPS too, or do they need to be filed to "local" authorities? And what about the so-called "natracks". Just curious...

opsbloke
11th Jan 2007, 03:01
You have to file the ICAO fpl with the various centres along the route of flight, if the origin or destination is under CFMU control then your fpl will show up in thier system. Most flight planning systems will automatically do this for you if you file through the system....internal US is the same, just in a different format...

osssie
11th Jan 2007, 08:33
Also, be sure you have overflight permission (yes, some countries stiil require operators to submit a request) for non ECAC states before filing FPL. Info is located in each countries AIP usually in GEN.
Cheers
Os

VP8
11th Jan 2007, 16:05
Also, be sure you have overflight permission (yes, some countries stiil require operators to submit a request) for non ECAC states before filing FPL. Info is located in each countries AIP usually in GEN.
Cheers
Os

If in UK CAP555 has all countries details or Jepps :ok:

VEEPS

Expat abroad
13th Jan 2007, 18:14
Other way is to file IFPS, and your local AIS to file outside of the EICAC area. It is after all, part of what all us airlines pay for in our charges.
It works for us here, even if I'm happy to fully file myself, policy is to get our monies worth :-)

Regards Expat

merlinxx
14th Jan 2007, 18:23
Just look up Entry Requirements. CAP555 though OK for UK operators, is not fully notated. Use Jepps or use one of the third party folks like JeppUK, UV, BaseOps, AirRouting etc. All of these will be happy to answer questions on this subject without charging.

Austin_Danger_Powers
15th Jan 2007, 10:53
but always remember: You won´t get an ACK from the US or somewhere else. Only within the IFPS-Area.