PDA

View Full Version : R.A.F Careers

Navigator2006
10th Jan 2007, 16:47
Hi all

i would just like to apolgise for the Oxygen mask topics really sorry for them.

But i was just looking at the R.A.F Careers webiste for Weapon systems officer and it says 5 gcse/sce's c and above including a English language and maths does that mean english and a foreing language or english language if so do i need a foreign language as i am taking french for GCSE'S and personally i am s**t at it lol

many thanks

Nathan

if anyone knows any more sunjects which i will need please feel free to comment

FCWhippingBoy
10th Jan 2007, 16:51
No! Normally it means 5 GCSEs including English and Maths as mandatory subjects.

JAG3
10th Jan 2007, 17:29
Are you joking.

An Teallach
10th Jan 2007, 17:32
Sod the French, you haven't mastered English! It looks like, in the words of the Prophet, "You're fooked!" :E

airborne_artist
10th Jan 2007, 17:37
You will be tested to see if you can walk and chew gum at the same time. This test will be conducted at the AFCO, but you can have two attempts to pass it.

ProfessionalStudent
10th Jan 2007, 18:31
I'm glad there's a sticky recruiting info thread at the top of the page, otherwise we'd have to put up with loads of oxygen thieves like Nav06 posting sh!te like this.

Ho hum!

Good job there's plenty of room on the server too.

Plank.:ugh:

L J R
10th Jan 2007, 21:31
Just as the oxy mask thread was going below the belt too. Dammn.

PPRuNeUser0211
11th Jan 2007, 07:29
And you know a troll when you see one eh VP;) Hope alls well with you fella

buoy15
11th Jan 2007, 19:41
Nav 06 - Not really
Talk to your mom
Or go down to the pub and talk to your dad, carer, instructional advisor, life style guru, personality organiser, mental agility supervisor, thought processes constructor, diversity management director, health and safety advisor and crossing the road accident limitation guardian
You might also need to bone up on English Grammar, punctuation and spelling as a starter
Best of luck with the foreign or froggie languages - not neccessary!!
International Aviation talks English:)

Wader2
12th Jan 2007, 10:31
How about a change of name to WSO2007?

Now I knew one baby nav, no idea if he qualified, but he used to half stand in the Dominie so he could reach the nav instruments.:}

PS, if your a wing cdr now and reading this, sorry.

teeteringhead
12th Jan 2007, 12:00
Just wait until the poor lad gets the post-happy hour posts later tonight ....:E

keithl
12th Jan 2007, 13:45
Seems a bit eloquent for WSO!

Could be over-qualified...

Gainesy
12th Jan 2007, 14:11
Well, the lad made a damn good stab at posting in Afrikaans if you ask me.:confused: