PDA

View Full Version : Heading out to Kissimmee

Another St Ivian
10th Jan 2007, 11:26
Had a search around but couldn't find anything definitive, so thought I'd throw myself at the collective feet of the forum!

I'm heading out to Kissimmee later this year, and am rather tempted to do a spot of flying out there with someone like OFT, so much so that I am considering holding off doing much, if any, flying in the UK for the moment.

However, I did have a few queries; I'm in that 'second year' period now where I need to do my 12 hours/1 with an instructor to keep my SEP rating. Would it be possible to block book somewhere around 20 hours out there, fly those off and have my SEP rating signed off as valid for a further 2 years, bearing in mind I hold a JAR-PPL issued in the UK? What sort of hoops would I have to jump through?

I'm basically after someone who has done this before, and can outline what is required? Visas, dealing with the FAA, etc etc.

Thanks in advance,
ASI

Anonystude
10th Jan 2007, 12:36
C:

I had a thread somewhere hereabouts about flying in the US -- some good links ref. visa faff etc. Try looking through my profile -- should be there.

S

fernytickles
10th Jan 2007, 12:37
If you're going to Kissimmee, you could block book your hours in a P51 Mustang. Now that would be a cool way to stay current :)

Another St Ivian
10th Jan 2007, 17:04
Cheers guys, had a read through those threads. Answered a good few questions!

There's one major question outstanding however; Can the hours flown out there be used towards the renewal of the SEP by experience?

A330 Dreamer
10th Jan 2007, 18:30
I am heading out to Kissimmee for a fortnight too this coming May and would like to know details too. I tried to look through the profile and couldnt find anything as mentioned above.

would be looking to do approx. 20 hours in a C172 or PA-28

I have e-mailed OFT & sunstate aviation but has anyone been somewhere else that they thought were good?

Thanks

Arrestahook
11th Jan 2007, 14:52
If you guys do go to Kissime, make sure you vists Kermit Weeks' fantasy of flight.

BillieBob
12th Jan 2007, 19:59
Can the hours flown out there be used towards the renewal of the SEP by experienceWhy would hours in an SEP aeroplane, wherever they are flown, not be used towards the renewal of an SEP Class Rating?

Another St Ivian
12th Jan 2007, 23:45
Good question, BillieBob, and just what I am looking to have clarified. Do keep in mind that we're dealing with the CAA! :E