PDA

View Full Version : Threads closing suspiciously?

Always_broken_in_wilts
9th Jan 2007, 20:37
Anyone else noticed a rather dissapointing trend lately along the lines of just as a topic starts to hot up it is mysteriously closed:eek:

Fun police or the black sedan :confused:

Lyneham Lad
9th Jan 2007, 20:59
ABIW - well spotted. I just looked and indeed my thread http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=258806 has been closed (as has the Somalia one). Obviously it is up to Pprune Towers as to what happens to a thread but it would have been nice to have some advance notice :confused:

mayorofgander
9th Jan 2007, 21:05
Is that a car pulling up outside your house ABIW.:cool:

Is it a black one or a 'little grey' one???:ok:

MOG

Spotting Bad Guys
9th Jan 2007, 21:14
Hmm. As I was the instigator of the Somalia thread I would be interested to know why it was deemed appropriate to lock it without explaination.
Given the heated discussion as to the legality of our action in Iraq, added to the intense interest throughout the services regarding the scope and ultimate intent of GWOT, I would have thought that this is exactly the type of discussion that should be encouraged. It's also the lead headline on the BBC News website for goodness sake! Are we to ignore it?

Or, more cynically, maybe it's that I haven't subscribed to PPRuNe and has been seen elsewhere (JB for example) this exposes me to thread closure without comment from the Mods. A PM to explain would be nice!

SBG

ratty1
9th Jan 2007, 21:16
Are we to ignore it?

SBG

Ignore what. I didn't see a thing....................:8

mayorofgander
9th Jan 2007, 21:32
need to get your eyes tested ratty....:sad:

might stop you going OOA!!:ok:

MOG

Zoom
9th Jan 2007, 21:41
Despite that, it does seem that someone takes offence easily. I agree with Lyneham Lad that it would be nice to have a bit of warning if we do get a bit close to the mark. This is a valuable and informative forum and it should not need to be subject to censorship - if that is occuring at all.

ratty1
9th Jan 2007, 22:05
might stop you going OOA!!:ok:

MOG

Done that, got medals for both theatres of war:ok:. Out of interest do you have both medals?:p I might even make up some sop story and sell them on ebay to help pay off my mortgage.

Razor61
9th Jan 2007, 22:30
I take it thats why ive been having trouble accessing pprune for the past few days "Server busy" all the time, even when replying to posts, press the reply button and it goes "Server busy"

:{

ShyTorque
9th Jan 2007, 22:38
Despite that, it does seem that someone takes offence easily. I agree with Lyneham Lad that it would be nice to have a bit of warning if we do get a bit close to the mark. This is a valuable and informative forum and it should not need to be subject to censorship - if that is occuring at all.

I'm not often guilty of saying "told you so" but..... as far as THAT thread was concerned, I.......:oh:

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
9th Jan 2007, 22:47
Regarding the closed Motion: This Government is imperilling the UK Thread, was it the outbreak of unconventional patriotism or does Antique Driver have influence?
I really do hope that this thread is tongue-in-cheek, I can't believe people are openly talking about what, in my mind, amounts to treason.

Don't embarrass yourselves or our proud military any further and remove this thread asap!!!

PPRuNe Towers
10th Jan 2007, 06:16
Aviation forums
Server totally overloaded
Aviation threads stayed - our choice. PPRuNe's worth exactly what you'd paid for it. We don't do PM's we have 130,000+ registered users to look after while flying the line. Secondary duties you see.
Don't like it? Vote hard with your feet. The service will improve for the rest. We choose to run an aviation forum for military folk. It's your choice whether you come or not. It's our choice what apears because we are paying for it not you. It really is that simple.
Regards
Rob