PDA

View Full Version : Putting things into context!

cynicalint
9th Jan 2007, 20:31
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GROUP-OF-SEVEN-MEDALS-INC-IRAQ-WAR-DAVID-BECKHAM_W0QQitemZ220067918244QQihZ012QQcategoryZ67580QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

STEVEN GERRARD.
FRANK LAMPARD.
WAYNE ROONEY.
JOSE MARINO.
DAVID BECKHAM.
ALL OF THESE TOP SPORTSMEN EARN IN THREE WEEKS OF PLAYING FOOTBALL, THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT I EARNED DURING MY COMPLETE 22 YEARS OF SERVICE IN HER MAJESTYS ARMED FORCES (ARMY).
WHILST I WAS IN THE ARMY I SERVED IN ELEVEN COUNTRIES AND WORE THE QUEENS CROWN UPON MY HEAD DRESS WITH PRIDE.
ALL IN ALL I SERVED A TOTAL OF 15 OF MY 22 YEARS OVERSEAS, BOTH, WITH MY FAMILY AND MANY YEARS WITHOUT MY FAMILY.
I HAVE RECENTLY LEFT THE ARMY AND AM SETTLING INTO 'CIVVY' LIFE. I DO HAVE A MORTGAGE HANGING AROUND MY NECK AND WOULD LOVE DEARLY TO GET SOME FUNDS TO HELP PAY SOME OF THIS OFF.

THEREFORE I AM SELLING MY DAUGHTERS INHERITANCE.
THIS GROUP OF SEVEN MEDALS CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING:

UN CYPRUS
GSM NORTHERN IRELAND
UN BOSNIA
UN FRY
IRAQ (WITH CLASP MAR-APR 2003)(BOX INCLUDED)
QUEENS JUBILEE (BOX INCLUDED)
LS&GC (BOX INCLUDED)

Seen on E-bay. I have quoted the sales pitch for those who cannot get to e-bay. Sums up a lot of what has been said on forums here and puts into context some of the whinges on this site. This person probably built our operating bases, put our accommodation up, ensured our fuel was at the right place at the right time, guaranteed the accuracy of our cartography etc. and is reduced to selling what we all know means so much to us. As leaders, we must remain aware of the problems that those who serve under us face when they leave; make sure that you remember organisations such as the British legion and the RAFA and support in as many ways in addition to the financial aspects of giving the poppy and wings appeals as we can. All of us aircrew have been recruited not only for our aviating skills but our leadership... lets bear that in mind when we post moans here. Let's direct our energies where they will make the most difference and act as one voice.

threepointonefour
10th Jan 2007, 09:56
Sadly, I'm not sure he'll make much of a dent in his mortgage! It could be worth a try though ...

1 x chocolate Bonsai (FRY) medal
1 x bizarre number "2" to fit on above
1 x Southern Watch (volleyball) medal
1 x Queen's Jubilee clip medal - awarded for being here
1 set of miniature medals as above

BUY IT NOW £3.24

ProfessionalStudent
10th Jan 2007, 10:24
Yeah, but over a Grand for a bunch of campaign medals.

Maybe that's why the Gov only paid us a little Op bonus. They're aware of the value of the trinkets we get to pin on our jackets.