PDA

View Full Version : First Canadian Collective Agreement!

donut king
9th Jan 2007, 18:56
Apparently the CHL air ambulance pilots have ratified their first collective bargaining agreement.
I think this is the first for Canada's commercial helicopter industry???
Interesting stuff considering the worldwide shortage of IFR drivers is just beginning!
Anyone else have some labour news from our world wide industry?
DK

Perro Rojo
10th Jan 2007, 02:42
Don't be teasing us like that. Tell us more about this first Canuk "collective" bargaining agreement.

donut king
10th Jan 2007, 03:55
Wish I knew myself. Hoping someone would give me some specifics!

I'm on tour right now.

Perro Rojo
11th Jan 2007, 03:44
Me too,

and

me too!

grover76
11th Jan 2007, 12:02
Earnings increases over 30% during the term of the contract.
First year earnings increases about 20% including a Signing Bonus
Paid Lunch period
Double-time for some shifts

FO's were paid from $36K - $51K they will now earn from $43K - $61K
Captains were paid from $62K - $78K they will now earn from $73K - $91K+

other things as well

a pretty good start :D

**as an edit** all the above numbers reflect FIRST YEAR and are now in effect from payroll

donut king
11th Jan 2007, 14:05
So at the end of the contract term I,as a captain, will onlly make "91k+" ???
Is my understanding correct?
DK

grover76
11th Jan 2007, 15:40
My Bad. No all the earning numbers are in the FIRST YEAR. By the last increase a Captain will earn a top out at $102K + So going from $78K to $102K+ is major for us

Helinut
12th Jan 2007, 10:32
Wow. That seems a bit of a change. In lots of places the wages have been static for years, or just going up with inflation. Is this the first sign of a change in the balance of power?

san2dee
13th Jan 2007, 03:25
The raise wasnt as much as some people were expecting- four job postings in the first week itself and more in the pipeline- the exodus has begun....

grover76
14th Jan 2007, 10:15
I applaud those pilots who stayed strong and supported our negotiation efforts. I also applaud those who have now decided to explore options outside the CHL EMS division, they are all professionals.

We did the best we could, got major gains in many areas and some unprecedented ares. None of these gains were achievable without a legally recognized labour association to assist. Thanks to the PHPA-OPEIU for their help in the past, present and future.

If any other Canadian Pilot groups who wish to start exploring their present work situations in a thoughtful manner, contact me and I will assist in starting the process towards a Federally recognized Professional Organization for your group. It takes serious $$$$ to conduct negotiations, travel, legal counsel, mediation etc. Standing alone as your own group, you don't have the money to do this. Your companies know this and will drag out proceedings at all cost. Join with us and tap into the vast resources of the PHPA - OPEIU. I have the green light from the International President to assist other pilots to organize - contact me directly

Join us in the new frontier of Labour - Management relations. Take advantage of the favourable skilled pilot shortage situation, organize with us and force change. Companies have contracts with their customers - it's time you had one with your employer. The Americans and Europeans are years ahead of us in wages and working condition improvements

Together we are all stronger, :ok:

MamaPut
14th Jan 2007, 10:48
g76,

How does that compare with what CHC Global are getting? Do the guys in CHL have any ties with them and their efforts to start an association?

Outwest
14th Jan 2007, 11:44
grover76,
Thanks for the encouragement. The GHPA exec has tendered the application with the CIRB. Now we wait.

grover76
14th Jan 2007, 12:00
In a nutshell, we helped them with some direction on how to start the process and will be involved more fully to help them complete the process. Hopefully the CHC group will be associated with us through the PHPA - OPEIU.

It's starting folks! Pilots across Canada are helping themselves. Join with us and use our resources, contacts and established relationships to organize. We have the full backing of the OPEIU International President and the President of the PHPA to expand.

Contact me directly for assistance, if you have already formed an association - get our help for full representation, negotiators and legal counsel. Don't try reinventing the wheel use the resources being offered.

If any other Canadian Pilot groups who wish to start exploring their present work situations in a thoughtful manner, contact me and I will assist in starting the process towards a Federally recognized Professional Organization for your group. It takes serious $$$$ to conduct negotiations, travel, legal counsel, mediation etc. Standing alone as your own group, you don't have the money to do this. Your companies know this and will drag out proceedings at all cost. Join with us and tap into the vast resources of the PHPA - OPEIU. I have the green light from the International President to assist other pilots to organize - contact me directly

bb in ca
14th Jan 2007, 19:34
Did you learn that larger size font thing from beatty's emails?

grover76
15th Jan 2007, 12:50
Did you learn that larger size font thing from beatty's emails?

no, beatty uses annoying colours and sizes like this :eek: