PDA

View Full Version : easyJet - Crew Discussions

Pages : [1] 2

TightSlot
9th Jan 2007, 09:22
This thread for those already employed by easyJet to discuss whatever...

EzyChic
9th Jan 2007, 09:55
Can I be the first user to post?

Whoo hoo

atmosphere
9th Jan 2007, 10:29
Can I be the second..!!

When do the Airbuses start arriving at LTN?? any news of when us Luton lot will be trained up on the beast?? Who wants the Boeing to stay!

Personally, I love the Boeing! but the idea of someone else up the front is to good to pass up!

EzyChic
9th Jan 2007, 14:15
I quite like both.

I am LTN based but was initially dual rated so have flown them both (didn't like the 300s though ugh no).

Airbus always seemed bigger and brighter, but boeing cosier, with a closer knitt crew...though the poor senior does get lonley.

The question has been for years though, when will LTN get airbus, answer: after everyone else.

EzyChic

atmosphere
9th Jan 2007, 20:22
I used to work on the A321, and I liked it, apart from the creaking doors! but I dunno, I just feel safer in a Boeing, dunno why! oh well, look forward to working on the beast at Luton, How very exciting!

EzyChic
10th Jan 2007, 21:49
Just to let you all know I got 100% in the exam I was worried about.

I did the interview, they called me up to say I was successful (apparently they usually send a letter but I was desperate to know).

Haven't asked for feedback yet but will do.

I am over the moon.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Ezy

744FO
11th Jan 2007, 00:09
I know what you mean about the Boeing feeling safer! And those creeky slide housings do annoy me coming into STN after a 4 sector day, but I do like the wide aisle on the airbus.

:)

Dolley
11th Jan 2007, 15:53
Congratulations ezychic!

Maybe you could send me a PM with a few details at one point as I have my interview coming up soon too :-)

But for now celebrate a bit :-)

SectorBabe
13th Jan 2007, 17:27
EzyChic - Congratulations! BTW, what was the interview for? SCCM?

Me, I love the boeing, but then I have been flying on it at ezy for 9 years!! Can't teach an old dog new tricks!!:)

EzyChic
13th Jan 2007, 17:42
Hi Sector',

yes it was for SCCM. Don't tink anyone ever got to excited about it, lol.

Off Stand
13th Jan 2007, 19:50
I left ezy the week before training started on the airbus the LGW. I would have enjoyed some company up the front with me on the jumpseat.
Having said that, the Boeings, especially the older second hand 300's (YB, YC, YD, YF and YT!) all had character. Plus built like tanks!!!
Have JA and JB left the fleet yet? Any other 700's gone? JB was the first one I ever flew on when I started at LTN.

slide blower
14th Jan 2007, 17:29
morning.
hello Off Stand.missing the orange dream are we!?.

Off Stand
14th Jan 2007, 19:12
Not that much slider blower, just miss some of you lot at times! Anyway, I know that you keep me informed of the goings on!

primus
14th Jan 2007, 20:57
Can anyone help.......

Are the rosta's busy at LGW & LTN. I have applied for LGW and was wondering what the typical take home pay would be a month.....

Are you dual rated in LGW?

Would anyone be able to PM me a typical LGW rosta..... Just so I know what to expect.....

Thanks everyone.

slide blower
14th Jan 2007, 21:02
LTN is not the end of the world,but you can see it from there!.

Virginia
14th Jan 2007, 21:07
My roster at LGW is quite quiet, mostly 2 sector days, my hours a day are generally about 7-8 hours but with 4 sector days this can be as long as 12.

6 days on, 3 days off.

Typical take home pay for CC is around £1400 after tax. More in busy summer periods.

Nope, only single rated on the A319.

Good luck! :)

primus
14th Jan 2007, 21:12
Thanks Virginia for the info, much appreciated......

So I think I've made the right choice for LGW....

slide blower
14th Jan 2007, 21:24
sounds similar 2 lpl.
apart from rather unreliable rotas.
now thats not me havin a gripe against ezy,its the amount of sickness in lpl thats gives me lot of probs!.(more so when i get called in off stby!).

primus
14th Jan 2007, 21:31
I know what you mean slideblower. I use to be crew for 10 years and every airline has that problem, so I know how you feel.....

slide blower
14th Jan 2007, 21:40
thanks primus.
kinda wears me down every now and again.
i still try to smile and be as polite as possible to crewing at 3am when they call!.

Off Stand
14th Jan 2007, 22:19
Slideblower, it interupts your pot noodle for breakfast when crewing call you out! So i doubt you'd be polite!

slide blower
14th Jan 2007, 22:23
how dare you!.
i resemble that remark!.

crewbus
16th Jan 2007, 03:42
Hi easyjet crew

Can you please tell me how many crew operate on your 737s?

Happy flying and thanks

Virginia
16th Jan 2007, 07:12
3 crew including the SCCM.

crewbus
17th Jan 2007, 02:44
Thanks for your answer.

Sorry to be daft though, but do you mean 2 crew plus one SCCM? 3 in total? or 3 crew plus 1 SCCM?

If it is 3 in total, is it not a requirement for at least one crew member per door?

Off Stand
17th Jan 2007, 02:50
Hi Crewbus,
On the 737, there are 3 crew in total, 2 juniors and 1 sccm. It is a requirement for one crew member per 50 pax. The 737's that EZY have left have 149 seats.

crewbus
17th Jan 2007, 02:54
Thanks Offstand.

I always thought it was a requirement for all aircraft doors to be covered, but then there are different rules and regs for each country.

How does the arming/disarming procedure work? Who arms and cross checks the 4th door?

Off Stand
17th Jan 2007, 03:14
From memory, the sccm sits up front on their own and the other two down the back. It has probably changed since I left, but it used to happen that when the a/c pulled on stand and seat belt signs switched off, the sccm would make the PA 'cabin crew prepare doors for arrival and cross check'. The two at the back would disarm the doors and cross check with each other. The number 2 would then ring the senior to confirm the doors are in manual and cross checked. The sccm would reply that both front doors are disarmed.

ezpz
21st Jan 2007, 08:57
You need a crew member by each door for widebody aircraft, but on the 737 you just need one crew member per 50 seats ie. 3 crew.

atmosphere
21st Jan 2007, 10:24
Not only is it 1 crew member per 50 pax, It's also 1 crew member per set of floor level exits! So door 1L/1R and door 2L/2R. The ovewing isn't classed as a floor level exit.

EZYChick.. When is your sccm course?

EzyChic
21st Jan 2007, 17:47
Hiya atosphere,

no date yet, apparently the training department will let me know :-s

Getoutofmygalley
22nd Jan 2007, 09:29
I waited 6 months for my SCCM course date, and I know of one crew member who actually had to wait 13 months!!!!! :eek:

Dolley
22nd Jan 2007, 23:15
I'm just alone waiting over three months for my interview...just because the office is 'over-worked'...and because they lost my application once...:ugh:

I guess it's worth it after you made it there...that's what I hope anyway ;-)

Getoutofmygalley
23rd Jan 2007, 12:26
The enhanced sector pay makes it worth it ;)

Seriously though, I am having so much more fun since I became SCCM. Flying as a junior was good, but we have all worked with SCCM's who have a strange idea about how to do things, and those few would spoil the day for you.

But when you are the SCCM, you set the mood for the day and you determine how things will be run. Also, the pilots do give you a lot more respect when you are up the front which also makes for a more enjoyable day :)

Dolley
23rd Jan 2007, 12:39
Yep.

I'm not saying the money isn't a consideration but if I'm brutally honest I'm really just looking forward to move on and take on a bit more responsibilty. I probably would do without the money. But don't tell them please ;-)

And I guess you are right when you say as the SCCM you set the mood for the day...

I never had any problems with any pilots anyway. I think we are a good base like that...I think we all think as a team. The pilots get the respect they deserve, and so do we. Lot's of pilots come out and give as a hand during the turn around, collecting rubbish, emptying toilet bin, make us a cup of tea for a change and so on.
It might help that we all take the mickey out of each other ;-)

EzyChic
23rd Jan 2007, 20:45
Is BRS understaffed?

I was thinking about putting in a transfer too...

hmmmm

Dolley
23rd Jan 2007, 22:38
BRS as a base most certainly felt understaffed during summer...but that was probably the same everywhere.

However, they were recruiting for BRS pretty much continuously until very recently. So I guess that means we are properly 'staffed up' now.

And there is still SCCM interviews going on...don't know if they are still advertising for direct entry SCCM anymore though.

If transfers are available....don't honestly know...now that you are a SCCM and they still need SCCM you probably would be fine.

It's a good base...most days anyway ;-)

chrisselja
9th Feb 2007, 10:07
Hi EzyChich,

congratulations to your promotion!!
I have my interview coming up next week and was wondering if you could tell me a bit about your interview. I am really worried about mine. Thanks.

Chrisselja

johnezy
9th Feb 2007, 17:13
Hi all with regards to BRS, the recruitment team are still recruiting for there and have just finished an open day in BRS, don't know how many they hired as i did go. For your interest we have now stopped recruiting for LTN (unless they are direct entry SCCM, anyone fancy a move?!) and we are also recruiting for EDI,NCL,LPL,STN,LGW,SFX,MXP,DTM all other bases are closed for recruitment as far as i know this does change frequently!! As far as direct entry SCCM go they cannot apply as one but have to be reccomended by the recruitment team if they meet the right criteria, are right for the role, and there are spaces available at their chosen base, otherwise they have to work their way up like the rest of us! so they do have to really shine in their assesment day. Some do but many don't!
Hope this info is useful
john :)

Airbourne-Adamski
26th Feb 2007, 13:19
Hi Guys

There has been a email in LTN asking FA's if they want to go dual rated for the summer so then they can be night stopped all over the airbus network (which will probably end up being MAD as apparently 70 of the crew down there are still waiting on ID's).
So I can see whats coming, FA's while go dual rated and be night stopping were ever from LTN, leaving us at LTN short for summer and boeing rated guys across the network will end up in LTN.

Airbourne-Adamski
26th Feb 2007, 13:50
Hi Guys

For any of you with your recurrent training coming, be warned there has been a few issues with whats in the manuals to whats in the exams.

EG Hoover lifecot When do you you inflate it?
a) Inside before impact
b) Outside after impact
c) Inside after impact

Well yes as i am sure you are aware its B. But the manula says inflate on exiting the aircraft, so the argument that irrupted on the course was, is exiting inside or out? a trainer then said well your half OUTSIDE.
Ok so if your half out then yout half IN, so in theory B and C are both correct. So if you get marked wrong for putting Inside after impact there is you argument.

Oh and on your first aid section DO take note of the refresher training they give you before your exam as there are a couple of 'misprinted/worded' items in the revised section of the manual to what the teach you on the day, It is mainly to do with BLS on a child.

Right finished moaning now :\

Dolley
27th Feb 2007, 18:07
Hi everybody,
been away on holiday for a bit.

The Answer: Sorry to hear you didn't get it. Try again once you can :-)

Everybody who wanted to know: I finally had my SCCM interview and got it :-) Very pleased. Now I just have to wait for a training course...

Happy flying!

johnezy
27th Feb 2007, 20:19
hi guys well with regard to the LTN FA's going dual rated don't really know if this will effect the rest of the FA's left at LTN as they wont take that many people away, just a select few and as it stands at the moment LTN is acually very overmanned, this is because of the shortages last summer, the airline decided to take action and increased the number of FA's employed at LTN. The only problem with this is that there simply aren't enough flights to go around so the new guys suffer by not getting flights. Crew are actually having their end of probation line check while they have stars!! (true!) the rest of us have a mix of flights and home standby's for with we have about 50 FA's on home standby at any one time! SCCM's we are very short of so if you want more flights go for promotion!! They are doing the kind of roster we were this time last year 120hours. If MAD is short then i think i know why, the last 3 or 4 courses to graduate the accademy did so in normal clothes! There are no more uniforms! Dimensions has stopped making them, so now when they graduate they will have to wait for either the new uniform, or a second hand one when someone leaves, and have the pleasure of paying for it!!!! sorry if i sound negative just fancied getting on my soap box!!

Airbourne-Adamski
1st Mar 2007, 12:49
If MAD is short then i think i know why, the last 3 or 4 courses to graduate the accademy did so in normal clothes! There are no more uniforms! Dimensions has stopped making them,

Hi John

I heard rumour of uniform problems due to the new one arriving and Dimensions have cut back on production, but did not realise the extent of it. I know crew at LTN have been ordering top ups, but due to lack of stock the recieve different to what the ordered, eg Shirt with grey and orange, but due to shortage the recieve the all orange one insted and apparently can't send it back and get a refund. So on that note even though a few new sparkly shirts would be nice for me, I am not risking it, Sod paying Dimensions cash for something I am not gauranteed. Plus the uniform is due hopefully in a few months. Any of you guys based elsewhere having the same problems????
Oh also John the BCCM for MAD was on my flight the other day and said there are big problems also with crew getting ID's so that is also a factor in MAD being crew short.

smartinjordan
10th Mar 2007, 21:40
Hello guys! I am new to this forum. I have just gained a post at easyJet and I am going to be based at LGW (great!!). I live in central London (Soho) and I wonder if some of you could tell me the cheapest and most reliable way to get to the airport. Any information would be appreciated.

EzyChic
11th Mar 2007, 13:48
There are 2 boxes of it in the LTN crew room, it's a bit of a free for all, got myself some new (much needed) skirts, shema no shirts though.

Might be worth a look.

Airbourne-Adamski
12th Mar 2007, 17:44
Boxes are nearly empty..........................Bugger....................

Want new shirts, managed to get to but there to big :uhoh:

Oh well at least the are still coloured orange unlike my old ones, and im not ordering new stuff to arrive in 6 weeks or something then get our new one shortly after that. More important things to do with my cash Like keep the wife happy :}

johnezy
12th Mar 2007, 17:52
hi guys i will be handing my uniform in on Sunday 18th. it's a male uniform, sizes are 32 waist 32 leg, 14 1/2 shirts, med rain coat, med gillet along with all the other goodies crewbag, gloves, scarf. i think it will be in the morning just before luch when i hand it in so get there in the PM if you want it!! :ok:

Airbourne-Adamski
12th Mar 2007, 18:00
John

If your shirts (short sleeves i hope) :) are still in good colour and not badly fade PLEASE save them for me, pretty please. I am recruiting with you on the 15th so if you can bring a couple in then and hand them to me WICKED if not would you very kindly leave them in a bag with my name on it in the base office as i am on leave from 16th for 12 days

THANK YOU if you dont mind

PS Post back let me know you got this message

smartinjordan
14th Mar 2007, 18:10
Hello guys! I am new to this forum. I have just gained a post at easyJet and I am going to be based at LGW (great!!). I live in central London (Soho) and I wonder if some of you could tell me the cheapest and most reliable way to get to the airport. Any information would be appreciated.:confused::confused:

fireflybob
14th Mar 2007, 19:37
Have a look at this thread:-

Commute (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=265311)

Well done on getting the job!

smartinjordan
14th Mar 2007, 22:08
Thanks! That has been very helpful :ok:

Airbourne-Adamski
16th Mar 2007, 17:15
smartinjordan

Well Done, and good luck.
Keep us posted on how things are going for you. And hope you sort out travel arrangements.

smartinjordan
16th Mar 2007, 17:57
Thank you Airbourne-Adamski. The most difficult part is done (got the job!!). I am looking forward to starting the training on Monday. I hope the commuting won't be a problem. In the meantime... We have to celebrate St Patrick's day! :ok:

Airbourne-Adamski
17th Mar 2007, 15:38
smartinjordan

Good luck on your course, I presume you are staying at the Ibis as your LGW based?
You might meet up with other LGW guys and may be able to help as they may be in the same situation.

Good Luck, keep us posted

smartinjordan
17th Mar 2007, 17:45
I shall be in the Holiday Inn, actually

Airbourne-Adamski
18th Mar 2007, 14:46
They are putting you in the Holiday Inn?
Blimey the Ibis must be ram jammed.
Not yet heard of crew being put in the Holiday Inn.

smartinjordan
18th Mar 2007, 17:57
Well, I received a letter saying that I would be at the Holiday Inn. Maybe de Ibis is full?

EzyChic
19th Mar 2007, 00:30
of fleas, yeah!

Actually it looked quite nice last time I went in

Airbourne-Adamski
19th Mar 2007, 10:56
I know the academy is ram jammed with courses, so it very well may be that the ibis is full aswell

slide blower
23rd Mar 2007, 09:14
hi guys and gals.
does anybody have any idea when the new uniforms are heading are way?.
the lack of information is overwhelming.
:ugh:
safe flyin all

Getoutofmygalley
23rd Mar 2007, 10:15
The last of information is not overwhelming at all, because they have said numerous times that the new uniform is aimed to be out by around July time.

User trials have to be conducted first, just to iron out any problems, then once the user trials have been conducted to a satisfactory level, then the uniform will start to be produced en mass.

Read the 'Crew Matters' photocopy that gets sent to your home address, it has been in there several times since December!!

easyace
23rd Mar 2007, 10:57
Hi everybody! In a few months i will apply for sccm. It would be very useful for all of us that we are trying to get this promotion, if any of the persons that have experienced the intrview process give us any tips and hints about the day, what questions are asked ,etc... Specially people who have recently attended the interview. All the advices will be higly appreciated by all of us, thanks!:confused:

Dolley
23rd Mar 2007, 13:26
Plus there was just another email to keep us up to date today...

The information is coming but you will have to read it ;-)

slide blower
23rd Mar 2007, 13:37
thanks for info!.
info can be a bit thin on the ground up here in LPL sometimes.
:ok:

Xenia
26th Mar 2007, 06:20
Ciao everybody! just popped in to let you know I've turnded orange as well! going for my training course tomorrow! anyone out there in LTN or at the academy?

Dolley
26th Mar 2007, 11:23
I probably will be next week...but just to see the company doctor, so hopefully it will be in and out....plus 2.5 hours taxi each way :hmm:

psychopathbabble
26th Mar 2007, 11:38
but people keep mentioning medicals. Does this mean that I have to go to Luton yet again before my training begins?? Problem will be getting time off work... and I'm about 4 hours away! :confused:

Dolley
27th Mar 2007, 10:03
you get a questionaire to be filled out by your GP so you won't have to go to Luton :-)

psychopathbabble
30th Mar 2007, 16:13
Hello,

I received my contract today and although I know it was discussed on my assesment day, I'm fairly shocked at the actual basic pay. :mad:

My question is this... does every month guarantee a higher salary? I understand that you receive sector pay, commission etc but going by the basic pay, there is no way I will be able to afford to move and change jobs. Without wishing to share too much personal information, I took a salary drop of over £100 a month at the end of last year, and am struggling already even while living with family so will be getting in to real financial difficulty if I dont have many flights/commission each month!

Help!

EzyChic
30th Mar 2007, 22:22
during training etc your basic is all you get. so for the first few months you'll probably struggle. however after probation etc I think its fair to say your salary about doubles, depending on base (ie how many sectors you do) and commission. (i am ltn based).

I think its quite a nice little earner for the work you do.

plus they are on about additional disruption pay too now. so, if anyone has a week like I had last week they'll be quids in!

(excuse the punctuation, replying from a hotel balcony in spain off my mobile, long hard week deserved a staff travel treat)

Dolley
30th Mar 2007, 22:34
Like ezychic said, the first couple of months are a pain but then it starts getting better quickly and really good after your six month probation.

The earnings are fine, depending on base and roster and season. You will earn more in summer than in winter but a few people manage to keep some money back to average it out.

I will be on basic pay next month because I was off sick due to an operation and only did two sectors so if you are unlucky it can happen but it's very unusual and luckily I know in advance so I will tighten up the belt this month already so I don't have to bad of a time next month...does that make sense?

Any more questions you can pm me if you want.
But don't worry too much, the pay is very competitive, you just have to get used to it not being the same every month.

Airbourne-Adamski
1st Apr 2007, 12:09
Well jus returned to work after some leave looking forward to seeing what new inflight products and prices awaits me
And of course looked forward to reading the latest addition of our crew retail mag 'Trollied'
So come on hands up, who has had a read?
Well yes I did (need something to read during those long sectors :ugh: )
Ok i will be honest there is some usefull info in there about new products and prices.
BUT there is some stuff which well, I think is b*****ks Sorry Lee Johnson if you read this no offence, just opinion.
Anyway I refer to mainly the Shopping Channel DVD for crew, yes thats right a DVD for crew about the new easyjetShop as it is now called (Thats another issue :\ )
So basically they have produced a DVD in the style of QVC shopping channel about new products, also more information on all the products in the bar and other Tips and Hints, which we can watch in our OWN TIME AT OUR LEISURE. Now not meaning to be rude to our inflight management team, but is this not a huge waste of money producing DVD's for crew which will most likely NOT watch it when they get home. And also does the Bar Wars training they get during new entrant training not prove good enough?
Soory guys but would rather see the money from the DVD production go towards our end of year Bonus thanks.

Virginia
1st Apr 2007, 13:19
I enjoyed the free samples of smoothie, sprite and Dolce and Gabbana most of all.

I loved all the selling stuff, made me laugh.I hate selling stuff and find if people want stuff they ask for it. And I still make a lot in commission despite not being bothered! That's what I hate most about the job-pressure on sales! :zzz:

The new products should be fun, I can see a lot of 'wastage' with the bacon sarnies and pizza ;) Yum.

BUT who will pay £1.70 for a cup of tea, £1.40 for a small water or Pringles?! I think that is too much, even for EZY!

Hmmm easyJetShop...what is the point? To make us a bit classier?

And I will not even look at that DVD! I don't care about the bonus as I'm leaving soon but they should invest more in crew food instead.

Virginia
1st Apr 2007, 13:21
Oh and I saw the new uniform on a senior and thought the quality was a bit off-it's kind of furry!

Not that I will be here to wear it yipee:D

justD
1st Apr 2007, 14:07
hmmm...
We'll see...

Airbourne-Adamski
4th Apr 2007, 15:24
Hi Folks,

How are we all?

Well I have been operating a few days now with the new bars, and to be honest, I dont think they are that bad, Infact in some way they are better as there is less products.

Even though the price has gone up on water, pringles hot drings ect, I have had no issues from pax, and also have sold quite alot aswell. (they were ALC and AGP flts) but still bars did well.
Pizza is very popular i noticed.

And the gift bar, so nice now not to have Debenhams dept store crammed into the bar.

Off Stand
4th Apr 2007, 17:05
I was wondering how the cooking of pizzas work on the A319? Am I right in thinking that they only have the one small oven at the back (big enough to cook the crew food)?

I seem to remember some years ago (2001-2002) that the number of products in the bar were simplifed? Has this happened again?

Airbourne-Adamski
5th Apr 2007, 16:02
The bars are more simplified I think.
The kiosk Sorry 'easyjetshop' as it is now called has less snack brands in, which makes things a little more simple, And the gift bar has cut back on products to, again making things more simple.

Just the prices to get used to now

Dolley
5th Apr 2007, 21:49
I'm starting to get a bit nervous about my SCCM course which is next week.

I've completed my workbook and have re-organized my folder and started reading the manual (once more...).

Is there anything else I can do to prepare myself (no more flying until then so only theory)?

Will the course actually make you feel prepared to do the job or is the coaching flight the first time you ever feel like you are doing something that has to do with the everyday job?

Anybody out there who's been through it all and happy to share some experiences?

Much appreciated!

Off Stand
5th Apr 2007, 22:58
I did my sccm course a long time ago and have since left, so it may have changed. Do you still have to do a mock briefing and be video taped? Maybe worth writing out a brief outline of hour you are going to conduct your briefing.

Also, every flight between now and then, quiz your sccm, ask to do the service fromt he front and to look after the flgith crew. Sounds sinple, but valuable.

The coaching sectors are very good to have. Once agsin, anything you are unsure of, no matter how small, ask your trainer on that day as they cannot help you on your check flight.

I didn't want sccm, but it was the best move I ever made. Good luck!!!

Dolley
6th Apr 2007, 19:06
Hi Off Stand,

Thanks for your reply!
I believe they still do the briefing thing, at least they warned us that we will be filmed. I already wrote out a brief outline to be prepared for my coaching and check flight but thanks for the advice!

Unfortunately I won't do any flying anymore before my course starts so I assume my next flight will be my coaching flight. It all happened a bit unexpected as I was off sick for the past month (due to an operation), then I came back to work, did one day, and now I'm doing my course :eek:

Never mind, I'm sure I'll be fine and I'm sure the trainers will be nice and patient with all my questions. It just would have been nice to try out a few Senior bits with some other Seniors around to give me feedback.

Now it's a bit like a jump into cold water...but I can swim so it'll be fine :-)

EzyChic
7th Apr 2007, 10:31
I did my course recently and it was really good.

You get video'd doing a PA (sounds so easy, but standing there in front of crew and two trainers as well as a video camera doing an ab lib PA really put the pressure on). You all watch that back together.
You also get filmed doing a briefing, but you watch that back on your own. It's quite funny, I didn't realise I swayed when I'm nervous, lol.

You also have to give all the feedback to the other people on the course, the trainers give you some one on one feedback, but it's up to you to highlight things to each other.

I really enjoyed the course, it was quite relaxed and the trainers were great.

Not sure if it's still at the ramada, but if it is and you're LTN based be prepared for the M1 during rush hour every day.

All in all I'd say it was one of the best training courses I have done.

Ezy

Dolley
7th Apr 2007, 17:44
Sounds good, ezychic, and thanks for your reply.

Are we allowed to pick the PA? Is it a boxed one or do they just give you subject?
I'm crap at making them up as I go (probably because it's my second language) but I'm fine if I know them really well or if I can read them...
Ah well, I guess I'll survive it but gosh, I don't look forward to hearing my own voice...eerks!

Thanks for the Luton advice but my course will actually be in GVA which I consider a big plus. I've never been to GVA but it must be better than Luton (sorry LTN fans out there!)!

Off Stand
8th Apr 2007, 00:41
I'd pick GVA over LTN any day of the week!!!

Airbourne-Adamski
9th Apr 2007, 11:33
Good Luck Dolly

I am sure your course will be just fine.
I belive it is 4 days now not 3 when i did mine.
Just I few things I would say from my point of view.

Firstly with regard to your briefing (which is filmed as you know) practice practice practice ready. Also think of SEP questions in a SCENERIO format whicgh gets the group all involved, and try come up with a scenerio that is not the usual fire, decompression ect. Think of maybe a unplanned emergency landing, gear failure on landing.what will you crew do to manual and initive and then incorporate first aid to fit the scenerio.

Its not a bad course, I expect they still ask you to write out your 10 point drill.
And you will do some scenerios in the sim.

Annyway good luck

slide blower
10th Apr 2007, 08:53
morning off stand.
the oven are in the fwd galley and its a pain in the a@#e tryin to organise the crew food and the pax food.
but at the end of the day i dont mind,as long as i have my pot noodle and nicorette gum!.

psychopathbabble
10th Apr 2007, 15:10
Hello, I start training next month and as yet have no idea about what days I will be working etc etc. I just wondered if once I start working and get my first months rota, if I can count ahead in the months to work out my days off or does it change each month? It is starting to get to me that I can't make plans beyond May 15th (don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about my job!)... and wondered if I will always have to base plans on a month to month basis!

Hope that makes sense :confused:

Off Stand
10th Apr 2007, 15:26
Bonjour slide blower!

Still on the gum, eh?? Good lad!! I should imagine juggling crew and pax food in that oven would be a pain, esp on a short sector. Oh well, I am sure Mr Johnson thought it through.

Getoutofmygalley
10th Apr 2007, 18:47
I am sure Mr Johnson thought it through.

Don't count on that! :*

If I am doing a double AMS from LGW, or even something not quite so short like GLA, BFS or EDI I am now more or less telling the flight crew when they can eat! :ouch:

The company bleats on about sandwich wastage costing about £2.76m per year yet I am hardly selling any of the pizza slices. Bacon Bloomers are selling well though.

Off Stand
10th Apr 2007, 22:27
Getoutofmygalley, I was joking. I have heard that his roll has gone to his head a wee bit.

Getoutofmygalley
11th Apr 2007, 19:13
I know you were joking off stand, but Mr LJ's ideas are really pi$$ing me off.

I used to love flying with Lee back in the days when he was LGW based (before he moved to Lalaland and before I became SCCM) - he used to be great fun and his pa's would have pax in stitches.

Now he seems to be coming up with all sorts of ideas to improve inflight sales, but in reality I don't think he has done much for inflight sales at all. The new bar is awful in every way (from the variety of items contained on it to the outrageous prices).

I bet you that in October "evlolution" will have elvolved into a bar that has more product variety and fairer prices. The summer months will be very interesting to see if the average 2.4 children family are willing to pay £5.60 for 4 bottles of water and another £5.60 for 4 (small) tubes of pringles.

And whilst I am having a rant, I would love to know which idiot it was that decided that 15 sandwiches is sufficient for a long flight like RAK from LGW where you can easily sell in excess of 60+ sandwiches!

To quote "Trollied" magazine - "Evolution - Natural progression and change which increases performance and efficiency and ensures survival" - My ar$e! :*

Dolley
13th Apr 2007, 19:15
Hi guys,

I just got back from GVA and finished my SCCM course.
It went pretty well, wasn't too hard at all and all the nerves were for nothing but mandatory ;-)
Thanks for all the advice and support offered!

I'm silly though and now I'm starting to get seriously worried about my coaching and check flight...although I know that it's one of my few stronger points to actually put learned knowledge into action so I'm trying to calm myself down with that a bit but still.....eek!

However, I'm dead on my feet (we had to get up at 4:30 to catch a flight from GVA to LGW, then took a coach to LTN for the last bits of training and then taxi home for nearly 3 hours...with an appointment waiting at that end...) but I'll let you know how I got on.

For now I'm on four days off (they moved one around for the course) and it's supposed to be beautiful weather so life is good!

Getoutofmygalley
13th Apr 2007, 21:18
Hey Dolley

Best of luck with the coaching and check flights. What routes have you got for each?

Make sure that you look at your crew on your roster for both days and for goodness sake make sure you have the right people in the right role on each day!

If one of your crew is a really experienced crew member, make sure they are your Number Two - and they can ensure everything runs smooth in the back of the aircraft. If you have a relatively new crew member onboard, make sure they are your Number Three, and emphasise to the Number Two to make sure that they keep an eye on the Three to make sure they stay inline.

Oh - and when I had my check flight, I made the mistake of having a wanabee SCCM as the Number Four. He was a total nightmare and kept trying to run the show, things got so bad that I had to pull him up during boarding on the second sector and at the end of the day the OPM pulled him up as well and told him that his behaviour was completely out of line!!

If there is anything that you are unsure of, make sure that you ask your OPM during your coaching flight (even if you feel silly asking) as the OPM is there to help you. As you know, your OPM is not supposed to answer questions during your check flight, so make sure you cover yourself for any unsure of eventualities. (NB - if something does happen during the check flight that is really unusual and you have never had it happen before, then you can approach the OPM and tell them what has happened, they probably will not give you an outright answer, but they will steer you in the right direction).

Was you in GVA with around 3 or 4 LGW crew by any chance? :)

Dolley
14th Apr 2007, 08:54
Hi Getoutofmygalley,

Yes, we had 4 LGW nutcases with us. Just joking, I loved them. We were a great group altogether and hopefully stay in touch...the good intentions are there...

Thanks for your advice. My coaching flight is PRG and SXF and my check flight is CDG and NCE...both pretty horrible but there you go.

My crew on both days is great and I know all but one personally and they are all experienced so I don't have to worry about that to much.
They must have changed things slightly as my OPM will fly with me as the number 4 on both days (or so it seems, otherwise I'm one crew member down on both days, I better check in the office.).

My OPM is a bit scary and I was praying to have any of the others but again, there you go....I'm trying to be positive about it -in the line of: if I manage it with this OPM and on those routes that I can manage everything!

I'm not actually that worried about failing (well, maybe a tiny bit as it's always an option, I guess.) but I'm one of those people who not just wants to pass but wants to be good at it, does that make sense?

I haven't been flying for almost a month and a half which doesn't help but I have day 1 and 2 as FA next week so I will ask if I can have a play around on those days. Day 3 is a Stand by so I might have another flight or the time to do some last minute reviews at home...quite happy either way...
I hope having two (or three) flights to play with will calm me down and give my confidence a boost because at least I will know a few things by then and will have had some feedback from experienced seniors.

Thanks for all your advice, I really appreciate it :-)

Getoutofmygalley
14th Apr 2007, 12:01
Hello again Dolley

I think you were probably right describing the LGW crew as nutcases, with one of the girls who will have been with you! :} (Mean't in the nicest possible way of course! ;) )

Usually the OPM will be onboard on both flights as a SNY (unless they have changed it from when I did my check flight). When I did my check flight it worked as follows:

Number Two - Sat at rear double crew station outboard and in charge of D2R
Number Three - Sat at rear single crew station and in charge of D2L
Number Four - Sat at rear double crew station inboard - arming D1R only
You - Sat at forward crew station outboard and in charge of D1L
OPM - Sat at forward crew station inboard - disarming D1R only

At LGW the OPM still flies as a SNY, so I am guessing that you will have more crew added to both your coaching and check flights at some point before the duty day arrives.

Whilst you might be thinking that your alloted duties are pretty horrible, try thinking in a positive. The PRG-SXF is sufficient time for you to queston the OPM about everything you want to ask, and get all services completed to standard. The CDG-NCE, whilst the CDG is fairly short, it will pass by quickly before you know it, and then you will have the longer NCE sector when you will hopefully be more relaxed - after all by the time you do the NCE you will have been an SCCM (in theory) for 7 sectors at that point ;)

Make sure though that you plan your briefing questions properly for both days. I did on my coaching flight "emergencies on the ground" (as in attention crew at stations) and I asked each crew member what they would do in the event of hearing that, and followed it up with (for each crew member) what each of the possible outcomes could be depending on what you hear from the flight deck (that was back in the days of 2 SEP + 1 First Aid questions in the briefing). For the check flight I did something simple which I think was the fire drill (non-specific) and then I asked the OPM to tell me the signs that you would get in the cabin if the toilet smoke detector activates.

Do you know how to do everything on the FAP? - make sure your SCCM's next week show you lights, pre-loaded PA's and music if you don't :)

I am sure you will be fine though, and will pass your check flight with flying colours! :ok:

smartinjordan
14th Apr 2007, 20:12
Hello guys. I have just finished my training and now waiting to get my references sorted. Any idea about how long will it take? I am a bit worried because I heard that some people did not get the job because of the references after finishing the training :eek::eek:

smartinjordan
14th Apr 2007, 20:18
I was also wondering what is the office day about...

Getoutofmygalley
14th Apr 2007, 21:10
waiting to get my references sorted. Any idea about how long will it take?

How long it takes is up to you! You need to keep on at your referees to make sure that they complete the necessary paperwork and send it back to the ID unit without delay. The ID unit are there to assist you in getting your ID, but they are not going to constantly be chasing your referees (there are too many ID's being processed for them to do that) so you must make every effort yourself to ensure your ID is issued as soon as possible. And yes it is true that some people have been sacked as a result of references after the training course - but if you have not lied on your application, you don't need to worry about that - just make sure you chase your referees first thing Monday morning - then Tuesday, then Wednesday.......

I was also wondering what is the office day about...

Your office day should have been explained to you on the course. Basically, it is where you will sort out things like:

Car Parking
Being shown how to sign onto Touch & Go
How to check in for flights
How to access crew mail (if you don't already know)
Witness a real briefing at first hand

And - if you are taking part in it, you will be introduced to the NVQ people.

The office day is a very important introduction to your base, you will meet base management and the CRA's who hold the base together (because if the other bases are anything like LGW the CRA's will be constantly cleaning up after the crew who leave the crew room in such a mess!)

smartinjordan
14th Apr 2007, 21:41
Thank you for your quick answer! Very helpful indeed. I haven't lied with my references but I still am concerned

smartinjordan
14th Apr 2007, 21:45
I don't know what else to do because I have contacted all my referees and everything seems to be ok but then... Some of my referees told me that they have replied and easyJet has not received the letters!

smartinjordan
14th Apr 2007, 21:52
I meant references, sorry!

Getoutofmygalley
14th Apr 2007, 21:57
Then you get the referees to send everything again, but this time tell them to send everything as recorded delivery!

If your referees complain about the recorded delivery cost, you can always offer to reimburse your referees so that they don't lose out financially.

smartinjordan
14th Apr 2007, 22:07
Yeah! I guess I'll have to do that. Thank you for your advise. Are you working for easyJet? It is nice to know that your mates at work are so supportative!

blondechick
15th Apr 2007, 15:22
where are you all based? Do u still beleive in all the ethics of easyjet am really starting to tire of it been here 2 years now may be been here too long now. Am LGW dont know what to do should i apply to other airlines? i love flying just mabe mot easyjet anymore.:confused: :confused:

Getoutofmygalley
15th Apr 2007, 19:46
I am LGW based, personally I don't care about the ethics of easyJet as a company. All I care about are (in no particular order)

Having fun
Liking the people I fly with
Getting home to my own bed at night

Incidentally I have been with easyJet at LGW for over 3 years now, still love it now as much as I did when I first joined. What exactly is it that you are not enjoying at this time? - You might find that the thing you don't like is exactly the same with the other airlines out there :confused:

blondechick
15th Apr 2007, 19:52
sorry didnt want to upset u i wont post again if people are gonna be like that with me in fact forget this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All i did i ask what you guys thought didnt think i'd get basically abused!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Getoutofmygalley
15th Apr 2007, 19:58
Who has abused you blondechick? You asked a question, I have answered your question. You are reading too much into my reply where I have stated that I don't care about the ethics of the company. I have backed up my answer with what I care about.

I have also gone on to ask you what it is you are not liking so that hopefully we can work together to find an answer for you.

But, you have misread my reply! If you actually knew who I was, you would know that I am a caring SCCM at LGW and not someone who bullies crew!

blondechick
15th Apr 2007, 20:01
Am sorry just having so many problems with the office and how they go bout dealing with sickness. you know what there like. I love working with all the crew and love all my seniors so am really sorry to get snappy. I enjoy the job i really do and love the people.

Getoutofmygalley
15th Apr 2007, 20:04
Now we are getting somewhere. You have had some sickness and are getting hastle from the office - I have actually had this out with one of the OPM's a few months ago about how the company handles sickness, and I told that particular OPM exactly what I thought of the companies sickness handling.

Has the company followed the correct procedure with you regarding sickness? i.e. a wellbeing chat followed then by a disciplinary or are you one of the crew who has had a letter from an OPM stating that you are facing a disciplinary hearing which might lead to you being dismissed, when they have not carried out a wellbeing chat?

Also, are you in the union?

blondechick
15th Apr 2007, 21:14
Yeah am in the union.

had to offloaded bout 3 weeks ago and am flying sick cuz if i have another period of sickness then am having annother dissapliary meeting. Ive had 2 that have gone back to welbeing chats but how many times can that keep happening and you know what happens if you get a dissapliary on file you cant go for senior for atleast a year which i think is rediculous!

Getoutofmygalley
15th Apr 2007, 21:19
Well you need to get this sorted out ASAP. Is your OPM for your group approachable? If not, you can always speak to one of the others.

You also need to speak to your union rep, you have MW and LE as reps who will be assisting you in the event of a disciplinary, so it might be worth having a chat with them next time they are in.

You say you are flying whilst sick now - is the sickness a cold or something more than that? Have you been to see your doctor? If your doctor signs you off for being sick then the company can not touch you. Also if your doctor signs you off as sick, the company doctor can not over rule this (and the OPM's can not question the sick note as they have no medical training whatsoever other than that what we as crew have).

Sickness is the one thing that I think easyJet handles appaulingly, it is about time that Andy Harrison looked into the way that crew are treated when ill and relax the sickness regulations to a humane level!

blondechick
15th Apr 2007, 21:24
i ve just had 3 days off been better now but worried that when i go back it will get worse again. yeah last time i went in LE came in with me. I think i'll be ok for 2morrow but am now scared thatif i get ill i cant call in sick. what group are you in?

Getoutofmygalley
15th Apr 2007, 21:29
I am in Group 1 and I have actually found the the Group 1 OPM is someone who will listen when you have a complaint. I believe that he genuinely wants to improve things for crew at LGW.

I am guessing you are Group 2 as you say you go back tomorrow, what are the initials of your OPM, or failing answering that with the initials are they nice or not?

Have all your periods of sickness been in the last 6 months? They only count for 6 months and it is a rolling 6 months. Any wellbeing or disciplinary chats can not refer to things from more than 6 months ago as they are technically off of your record once 6 months has passed.

blondechick
15th Apr 2007, 21:36
dont know there second name but b is nice and everything but i just dont like talking to them you know what i mean i had a disaplinary not long ago probally bout 2 months ago. i had sick line and everything for being off 6 days but they still pulled me in i think if you have a sick line from your doctor you shouldnt be pulled in for one! just my thoughts.

thanks for helping i'll just have to keep taking the vitamin tablets in the hop dont get sick within the next 6 months!

Ive probally flown with you! :)

sorry for earlier

Getoutofmygalley
15th Apr 2007, 21:41
I agree that they should not call you in when you have been signed off by a doctor (well call you in yes, but not give a disciplinary, just purely a chat to make sure you are fit to fly). Perhaps you should say to LE that you feel the company is wrong with the way they handle crew that have been signed off. Maybe the union will take that up with the company and get a better sickness policy.

I agree that the company should come down hard on the crew that take the pi$$ and go sick just so that they can go out for a drink on a Friday or a Saturday night. Also if any crew are regularly off sick on a Wednesday (after crew night) come down on them. But genuinely sick crew should be looked after and not made to feel scared of going sick when they really are not fit to fly.

I think I might know who you are, and if you are who I think you are then yes we have flown several times :}

blondechick
15th Apr 2007, 21:49
I hope i ve not offended you in anyway cuz as i said earlyer there is not one senior i do not like flying with and am not just saying that. i have no idea which senior u are in group 1. i ve just had a **** time with easyjet as of ecently and if you know who i am then you will probally know the other reason am not that happy with easyjet i just dont want to put it on the net if you know what i mean. can you give me a clue to who u are?

Getoutofmygalley
15th Apr 2007, 21:51
Posting removed to protect the (incorrect) identity :}

And no, I was not offended by your earlier posting :)

blondechick
15th Apr 2007, 21:57
No thats not me sorry! wish that was all my problems! :)

Getoutofmygalley
15th Apr 2007, 21:59
Haven't got a clue who you are then! :p

TightSlot
15th Apr 2007, 22:01
blondechick

With symathy, but - if you continue to post in Nokia Speak you will develop another problem when the mods start deleting your posts

blondechick
15th Apr 2007, 22:02
oh well as long as ive not offended you! am off to bed noew as am shattered but its not to bad on lates all this week!

Dolley
15th Apr 2007, 22:17
blond chick and getoutofmygalley:

I wonder how much of this is a LGW problem?!
I know the company policy is the same everywhere but they are actually very good about periods off due to sickness as long as it's genuine and they don't feel you are taking the mickey!
I just had a very long time off due to an operation and my base office staff was great in supporting me. I'm not saying there weren't some issues but I never felt that me being off sick would be held against me although it was my third time off sick within the last six months. I was especially concerned as well as I was almost expecting trouble about my Senior position because a bad absence record can mean that the withdraw the job offer but they didn't even mention it. I haven't even had a well being chat yet (although I'm sure I'm on the list)...

Dolley
15th Apr 2007, 22:26
getoutofmygalley:

I think you are correct about the OPM flying as number 5 for my coaching/check flight. One of the crew members mentioned that another sccm showed up on her roster by now. Last time I checked it was only me, 2 FA and the OPM but obviously that changed now. Maybe they were waiting for me to pass the training course or something? Shouldn't make much of a difference anyway.

Thanks again for all your advice!

justD
16th Apr 2007, 09:19
Someone a few pages before had asked about roster pattern...

As soon as you are in a group you can calculate your days off years ahead if you wish.
That is of course only if you or rostering don't swap your groups. But you will always have a set pattern.

psychopathbabble
16th Apr 2007, 09:51
Thanks for the reply, gives me a slight ease of mind and means I can work out whether I can attend all these things I might be missing at home!!

There are a million and one questions now but I will wait until I finally start training. Only 4 weeks to go but I just want to get started now! Found out i had the job over a month ago :O

JoJoTink
17th Apr 2007, 23:28
Hmmmm i was meant to be gettin a tattoo on my lower back for my birthday but i said on my form that i had no tattoos :oh: will they care that ive got a tattoo? its not like anyone will see it :\ start trainnin on may 15th so im a little worried :uhoh: see you in 4 weeks psychopathbabble, maybe with a tattoo or maybe not :}

psychopathbabble
18th Apr 2007, 11:02
If you want a tattoo then go for it. It's not like you are having it somewhere visible. I can't even remember if I had to say whether I had a tattoo or not! I would get it very soon tho, as it's pretty painful to bend down and stuff while it's healing... :uhoh:

Within the contract pack, there is a 'new starter' form which has something about tattoos or markings on it. I guess that will just be filled in when we start.

ezpz
18th Apr 2007, 17:54
Our new uniform will include a white shirt. If the tattoo is visible through the shirt you would need to cover it with a flesh coloured plaster everyday.

Airbourne-Adamski
19th Apr 2007, 13:31
Our new uniform will include a white shirt

Has this been confirmed?????????

I thought they were still deciding between orange or white. And some of the feedback from the guys wearing the new uniform is they dont like the white compared to the orange.

smartinjordan
20th Apr 2007, 18:07
I have to say that I prefer the orange one.

But.. May I ask you a question guys? I am going to start working for easyJet soon and something that scares me is being tested everyday during the briefing. It is like having an exam everyday! I know that it is necessary to be up-to-date on safety and first aid issues but I cannot help thinking of me being offloaded for forgetting, say, what C stands for in SADCAT.

Are they really tricky questions?:bored::bored:

Dolley
20th Apr 2007, 18:59
smartjordan:

The questions are not supposed to catch you out but to make sure you are safe out there.
Most of them are easy and often repeated.

Even if you don't know an answer you won't get offloaded straight away. The Senior should give you a break and then ask you a different question. Offloads due to insufficient SEP/First Aid knowledge don't happen that often and then it's normally new starters (and they know, it's just their nerves!!!) or crew who has something different on their mind (e.g. a sick child at home) and are therefore really not supposed to be in charge of an aircraft.
Everybody has a big of understanding for this kind of stuff and you won't loose your job over it. Obviously if it's a general thing it might. But if you passed the initial training you'll be fine!

Don't worry about the briefings, they are the easiest part about the job :-)

smartinjordan
20th Apr 2007, 19:53
Thank you Dolley, that sounds very encouraging. I suppose it is not going to be a big deal after a while but as new starter… You know… Everything is new! I hope to be more confident in few months time:rolleyes:

Dolley
22nd Apr 2007, 11:50
smartjordan:

I promise you will be :-)
And it probably won't take as long as you think!

Don't forget, we've all been there and all (well, there's always a few black sheep I guess) seniors and crew understand and will do their best to help you out and support you.

Let us know how you get on. When is your first flying day?

ezpz
22nd Apr 2007, 14:30
There will be a white shirt and orange shirt in the uniform. If wearing the white shirt you must wear the tie/neck scarf so the uniform has some orange in it. You can wear the orange shirt with or without the tie/neck scarf.

I think the orange shirt looks very similar to the old, old uniform, so I really don't like it. Most of the new guys probably wont even remember it, so I guess they wont mind too much.

smartinjordan
22nd Apr 2007, 18:36
Dolley:

Well... I am still waiting for my references to be sorted out, I'm afraid

Dolley
23rd Apr 2007, 09:18
smartjordan:

Oh no, that can be a pain! You gonna have to be very pro-active, chasing up your referees and phoneing the ID department so you know what's going on!

uniform-related:

Have you heard about the 'new' new uniform they are trailing? The one we voted for (well, not me, personally but as the winning one) but they ruined it by adding lots of orange bits to it?
Supposedly it looks so awful that the professional designer who worked with the crew design wants his name removed from the project and not be assossiated with it anymore!!! I only heard this third hand so not sure how true this is but I can very well imagine...

on a personal note:

I had my coaching flight 2 days ago and it went ok, very easy flights, not even a special or anything out of the ordinary (besides me at the front and being scared brainless!).
My check flight was yesterday and they had changed it to a two sector day which was nice but it was sooooo busy! On the first sector I had 4 wheel chair sierra (two of them actually being charlies), one romeo and one Meet and Assist! Pax were extremly demanding though nice and luckily my crew was extremly helpful and supportive!
On the second sector we had turbulence (mild but seatbelts signs were on) and again, very busy (and a few children being sick and naughty despatchers) and at the end of the day my number 2 sealed the bar and had still most of the funcards out so I had to go through the whole 'red seal procedure'...
Anyway, although the day was quite demanding I got signed off as a SCCM and today I've got my first flight on my own...
Very pleased but still a bit nervous but I guess that will stay for a little while until it becomes routine...:-)

Thanks again everybody for support and advice!

EzyChic
23rd Apr 2007, 14:14
Wow,

your check flight sounds just like mine was. LOL

I had the OPM and Capt having an argument too, they didn't like each other :-s

Congrats and well done.

Happy flying.

Ezy

Getoutofmygalley
23rd Apr 2007, 16:25
Congrats Dolley, I knew you would be fine! :D

My check flight was ok (apart from my Number Four who thought he was the SCCM onboard), it was my coaching that had the problem.

Aircraft not sealed, so an extended security check required
Aircraft had not been catered, therefore had to take a delay on boarding awaiting Alpha
Aircraft had not been cleaned, had to take a delay waiting on the cleaners
Slot delay of over 1 1/2 hours which did not come forward
Deportee

So, all of the above before pax boarding could even commence. By the end of the coaching flight I felt ready for just about anything :}

Dolley
24th Apr 2007, 13:49
Sounds like it's standard procedure for check flights to be a bit chaotic then lol.

Honestly, the despatcher in FAO was so bad, when I told him I couldn't let the pax off without somebody standing under the wing he asked me if I couldn't send one of my girls down... I thought for a moment that the opm had it set up to test me because I just couldn't believe it!!! But she seemed to be as annoyed as I was so probably not...

Anyway, my first flight on my own yesterday was absolutly fine and I felt so much more relaxed without being 'watched' and it really started to click into place and to flow. My number four paid me a very nice compliment saying it felt like I've been a SCCM for years :O

Thanks again everybody, I'm now rostered as a FA for the rest of this month and all of may except for one day so by the time I'm working as a SCCM again I probably need a refresher course...well, maybe I get some changes and at least I get paid nicely ;-)

EzyChic
29th Apr 2007, 12:38
Did anyone watch casualty last night?

Now why was that door not armed?

OK I know it would have ruin the whole episode had it have been, but thats not the point. The other door was armed as they managed to evacuate (why did they only use one door to evacuate anyway?)

And why did they leave the open door unattended, very dangerous if you ask me.

I know I'm talking cr*p but I'm bored.

Ezy

Getoutofmygalley
29th Apr 2007, 17:17
I saw that episode and my blood was boiling with all the errors in it.

At no point did you see a crew member by their door to help evacuate if needed.
Then there was the incident with the unarmed door
Why were both engines shut down? No wonder it wasn't moving to the gate
Why did the CC member make the PA to tell everyone to prepare to evacuate WITHOUT informing the Captain about the cabin situation?
Why would the CC be serving "Complimentary cups of tea and coffee" in a delay getting on stand?
Why did the nice firemen in the yellow fire engines arrive and not carry out any medical checks on the guy who fell from the door?

This has to have been one of the worst episodes of Casualty ever, and this programme is seriously going down hill.

I really felt like complaining to the BBC duty office about it, but that would make me sad.... :}

Ramsey
30th Apr 2007, 14:30
Being scrolling down 8 pages and not much about terms and conditions. It might be because I am looking in the wrong place. If so please tell me where the right place is.
Have seen average net pay is around £1400 per month is this correct??
Roster 6 on 3 off??

Is this for all easyjet bases? And is the £1400 for CC or SCCM.

If anyone could share a bit of information about this would really appreciate it. Luton and Stn t&c`s are the ones I am looking for.

Thank You

girtbar
30th Apr 2007, 14:55
Yes a rolling roster pattern of 6 days on covering normally 3 earlies and 3 lates which will consist of actuall flying duties, airport standby or home standby duties.

Your pay will be at a lower level for the first 6 months as you are on a probationary wage (still good just a little reduced). After probation you will on average take home around 14/1500 as a junior.

Ramsey
30th Apr 2007, 15:23
Thank you for the fast respons

smartinjordan
30th Apr 2007, 23:12
Dolley:

Congratulations! I hope to have you as SCCM soon. I am still waiting for my references to be sorted out. However, I have some flights in my roster already. I am supposed to be flying on 21st next month or even on 20th (standby), whatever it means…

Dolley
1st May 2007, 00:01
smartjordan:

Thank you. I doubt you will have me on your roster though as you are based in London somewhere, aren't you? And I'm BRS based.

Good luck for your references -keep on chasing them up!

smartinjordan
2nd May 2007, 14:19
You are right, I am based at LGW...

Kenzo
2nd May 2007, 18:13
Hello fellow EZY people

I'm due to start my training at LTN on the 15th. After that LGW will be my new home. Looking forward to being Orange!

Kenny

slide blower
3rd May 2007, 10:05
welcome and good luck kenzo.

smartinjordan
3rd May 2007, 12:25
Yeah, welcome Kenzo. I have finished my training few weeks ago and going to start soon at LGW too

cherrycoke
5th May 2007, 23:08
Hi All, am a new poster woohoo!

So, I'm unable to be promoted due to a totally ridiculous technicality resulting in a verbal warning. Was wondering what opinions other LGW based people had regarding me getting their decision overturned? Sounds unlikely to me but for some reason still want to be SCCM at EZY and am getting frustrated with the wait. Any ideas?

TaTa

Getoutofmygalley
6th May 2007, 15:30
New sickness policy kicks in from (I think) the 21st of May. Check out the People Handbook on 'Inside' to see what it states regarding sickness and promotion.

If the People Handbook says nothing negative then speak to your OPM AFTER the 21st and ask them to review it! :ok:

cherrycoke
8th May 2007, 00:48
Well I hope that works. Am going to go through the thing with a fine toothcomb when they get round to updating the site.

Off Stand
13th May 2007, 11:50
Ezy,

I'd highlight this to the peeps at LTN asap. Even though the ad say that there is nothing in there to endanger anyone/thing, but for someone that isn't/may not be in the industry, they may not know what is and isn't sensitive.

Dolley
13th May 2007, 13:15
Ezychic:

I agree with offstand, make luton aware asap. Send an email to AH if you can't think of anything else.
Not sure if it's really a problem but rather be on the safe side!

EzyChic
13th May 2007, 13:34
Can you believe that letting the office know didn't cross my mind.
I am so thick.

Just emailing BCCM and OPMs now in the hope someone picks it up (company email playing up though grrrr).

vodkaholic
13th May 2007, 17:19
glad to see this item didnt actually get sold...there are some really stupid people out there, and the sellers comment to the question that was posed was not thought out at all. we are told as crew that when we recieve a new manual, the old one has to be properly disposed of (ie. shredded) because there may not be stuff in there that oculd possibly endanger an aircraft, but they ARE controlled documents, and nobody except employees should be in posession of these items.

Dolley
16th May 2007, 17:14
I'm sure you've all been in the situation...you are absolutely sure that you've read something but you don't know anymore if it was a memo, a notice to crew, an email or in one of those countless little magazines/newsletters (eg fresh/trollied/crew matters/...)...

Wouldn't it be great if there would be something on the Intranet were ALL the information would be available in a kind of dictionary way...

Anyway, it happened to me recently, and it's still bugging me now because I know I've read but been put on the spot to show proof and I can't because I can't remember where it was (I know it's not in the Memos because I actually reviewed them all -sad, I know!)

...if somebody can remember where to find it please give me a hint...it's about the easyjet magazine (the big one) and that we are not supposed to encourage pax anymore to take them home with them (Not to mention it in the PA anymore) as it helps the environment and is obviously a saving for easyjet.

Any hints are appreciated. It's definitely been communicated to us as other crew member remember but can't recall where either...

Getoutofmygalley
16th May 2007, 17:24
Hey Dolley

That certainly has not been communicated at LGW, so I can say you are correct that it has been been on any NTC's.

Personally I stopped promoting the magazine as being a freebie to take away with you around about last September. I got rather p*ssed off with replacing them on every turnaround as well as thinking of the environment.

Maybe it was in your emails? Are you aware that if you click on your crew mails deleted items folder, everything you have deleted will still be in there. If it was emailed to you by an OPM you should be able to find it :)

Dolley
16th May 2007, 19:54
Hi Getoutofmygalley,

I would have checked my emails (like the memos) but I delete the deleted items from time to time as well so I've only got around 10 deleted emails at the moment and it's definitely not one of them...

I don't believe it was emailed by an OPM as one of the OPM's actually told me off for giving crew 'made up' information (she didn't say that but her meaning was pretty clear.) but I've actually spoken to some (reliable) crew members today and they remember reading it too but like me can't remember where. Because I started doubting myself (although being 100% convinced...if that makes sense ;-)), thinking I must have dreamed it...but then two of my three girls today said they know about it which made me feel so much better...but now I want it black on white so I can show that OPM...I guess it shouldn't matter but it does bug the hell out of me...:O

Getoutofmygalley
17th May 2007, 09:38
Have you checked the things that get posted home?

Fresh & Crew Matters spring to mind as a posibility :confused:

EzyChic
17th May 2007, 12:06
I think the only communication on magazines I have read is not to throw them out at the end of the month.

I have just gone through the last 2 months of emails (LTN) and found nothing. Sorry.

What you say does make sense, however, I have never gone as far as discourage, but I don't advertise that you can take them with you either.

Good look in finding your source.

Ezy

Dolley
18th May 2007, 11:11
Thanks you two...

Getoutofmygalley:
That's what I'm thinking. Unfortunately, I don't keep all this stuff so i can't read them up anymore. Fresh 3 is not available on the Intranet and it's not in fesh 1, 2 or 4.
It might have been in Trollied...

But that's what I mean...we just get too much information from too many different channels and then they expect us to know all of it and remember where we've got it from!!! Because we are obviously super human :cool:

ezychic: Sorry chick, I didn't put it in the right words if you understood we are actively to discourage them now.
What I meant was that we are just not supposed to encourage it anymore (like you already do: not promoting it anymore via PA) but if they want to they are still more than welcome to take it.

Thanks for looking into your emails.
The main problem is that I can't even give you a time frame. It might well have been over two months when I've read it (because I think -not sure though- that it was before my op and that was early March)...less than half a year, I'm almost sure of that...

Oh well, i guess, I should just it it to rest...
Thanks for all your help, both of you :-)

cosimeasy
19th May 2007, 20:01
The boxed pa does not mention taking mags with them.

Ladies and gentleman, we will shortly be landing so please would you return to your seat and ensure that your hand baggage is put away under the seat in front of you or in the overhead lockers. Please also fold your tray tables away, open your window blind put your seat upright with the armrest down and fasten your seatbelt.

Just as for take o we need you to switch off all electronic equipment. Please also help us by handing in any rubbish newspapers or magazines that you dont want to take with you.

Problem solved

orange1
19th May 2007, 20:27
Try page 15 of the last trollied magazine. Thats Issue 5, April 2007, it's in black and white there.

Dolley
20th May 2007, 02:37
orange1 :

You are an angel! Can't tell you how much that means to me! now I only have to find a copy of that Trollied but that should be easy enough! You've just made my day :-)

WexCan
20th May 2007, 13:50
orange1-

Unfortunately it actually says "We request our passengers to leave the brochure onboard so we do not have to print as many."

So it was about the retail brochure (which we never encouraged people to take off), not the magazine, though I suppose if the company's saying that it could well extend the the magazine.

Wex

Dolley
20th May 2007, 16:27
Damn it...that's not it then...the bit I meant was about the inflight magazine not the brochure...never mind.

I'm over it anyway. I had a nasty medical on board the other day that puts things a bit into perspective...
And at the end of the day I really don't care, i was just under the impression of receiving contradicting information.

Thanks anyway, orange1, and thank you as well wexcan :-)

Airlinegirl
20th May 2007, 20:10
Hey Guys,

Can anyone give me some tips, i finnished my training on friday, i have my base day tomorrow, and im going to pick up my pass as i have it already, so my supernumery flight is tuesday i believe... im based at stanstead. Im so scared that ive forgotten everything already. I have been reading my manual today but as always when your stressed it doesnt go in.. i know im lucky and that i can get this out the way.. everyone else from my course hasnt even got close to getting their pass yet. But im so nervous... any advice guys??

Very Scared!!!

girtbar
20th May 2007, 21:41
I understand the environmental point of not taking of the magazine (i have not read anywhere that we should not encourage pax to take a copy) but from a business point of view its a good move to have as many people as possible to take a magazine with them as its free advertising for us and the advertisers inside the mag.

Dolley
21st May 2007, 12:56
Airlinegirl:

Don't stress yourself. You'll be fine. You know all the stuff (you'll be surprising yourself) and the crew will know that you are new and nervous and will look after you. Don't forget the experienced crew is there to support you.
Just try to relax and be yourself. And if you ask me, don't touch the manual again for about a week after flying. You just making yourself more nervous and really you do know it all.

Good luck!

gritbar:

I agree and that's written down as well. Obviously it's good for easyjet if the customer spends as much time with the brand name as possible. That's what I mean with that I was under the impression of getting contradicting information. Anyway, if I ever find out I'll let you know but I'm not really bothered anymore. Thanks :-)

Airlinegirl
21st May 2007, 13:35
Thanks Dolley, i will try and calm myself!!! Ill let you know how i get on!!

smartinjordan
22nd May 2007, 21:11
Hello Airlinegirl, I am in the same boat! I am based at LGW and got my ID today. Now I am waiting for my SNY flight. Does any one know how long could I be waiting?

smartinjordan
23rd May 2007, 14:43
I shall have my SNY next Friday, and my check flight on Saturday. I have my answer then

Airlinegirl
23rd May 2007, 17:29
Hey, i had my check flight today and i passed! My only advise is to make sure you know everything on the check flight paperwork you were given on graduation.. like 10 point drill and stuff cause they ask you loads of questions... i struggled a bit on some of them... specially if you graduated a while ago.. i only finnished last friday so i thought i knew it.. but not enough.. it wasnt as scary as i thought tho...

I was really exausted after my supernumery.. so try and rest loads...

good luck and let me know how you get on!!

smartinjordan
23rd May 2007, 19:15
Congratulations Airlinegirl. Thank you for your advise. I'll let you know how it goes :\:\

Airlinegirl
24th May 2007, 11:27
So this is my situation, and how annoying.
Got my ID on monday, had problems swiping my id, did my check flight yesterday and nearly had the same problem as its saying not in system. So the ID depts rang me today to tell me my pass hasnt been validated properly so ive now gotta wait another 1 - 2 weeks before i can fly again!!!!:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

EzyChic
24th May 2007, 12:30
Mine say's "not in system" too, they just have a big book with my name in it.... never stopped me flying, although it is a pain in the a*se. Apparently I can get it rectified, just means going to the I.D. dept, I've just never been around though.

Ezy

EzyChic
24th May 2007, 19:28
You know when you sort out your laundry into piles...whites, lights and darks.... my other half commented on our oranges pile the other day.

Anyone else have an orange pile for their washing or is it just us?

Off Stand
24th May 2007, 19:35
We used to when I lived with other ezy crew. Oh, and when I worked for them of course!! It wasn't so much a pile, but if someone was doing an orange wash, we asked the other housemates if they had shirts that needed doing and a pile appeared!!

Airlinegirl
25th May 2007, 09:00
oh ! Well the first day i used it, they were really funny with me, the second not so much but they told me to sort it out. And the ID dept told me it wasnt validated properly so i have to wait for a new one now ...

EzyChic
25th May 2007, 09:06
Which base are you at hun?

I am LTN based, maybe they are different there. To be honest half the time they don't even seem to notice that it's flashed up red :uhoh:

Could you drive to the ID dept to get it rectified there and then? Might be a mission, but at least you can fly again.

Good Luck.

Ezy

Airlinegirl
25th May 2007, 12:34
Easychic

Im based at stanstead, they were really funny with me when i tried to go through, she made me sign my name and then said you need this sorted with the ID dept and was a bit snotty.. Even when i did my check flight i told my OM about it and she wasnt sure id be able to fly either and said i needed to get it sorted before my next flight. They sent me the form yesterday and ive sent it back today. They said they would try and mark it urgent so hopefully it will only be a week. so fingers crossed

EzyChic
25th May 2007, 12:55
How strange,

maybe give them a call and see if you can drive over and get it validated.

They told me I just needed to go to the ID dept to get it sorted out, but like I say, no one bothers about it here, just means I can't open the gates etc, that's why I haven't got mine done yet, no hurry.

Unless it's 'coz yours is a new pass(?), I have had my I.D. for years, this one is just one that's updated with my details.

Good Luck either way.

Ezy

Airlinegirl
25th May 2007, 14:45
Mod Delete - Total Absence of Spelling, Punctuation & Grammar - Not readable by humans

Airlinegirl
26th May 2007, 07:53
I think its just because mine is a new pass maybe. They said i could go there and sign the form but nothing can be done more than that. They have to send all my detials off again i think. And i wouldnt wanna risk using my pass and having them not let me through. The first security lady told me to make sure i sorted it out.

Getoutofmygalley
26th May 2007, 21:05
No and no!

The new base would be market sensitive data and therefore it is highly unlikely that any cabin crew members that browse PPruNe would be aware of this information.

If any members did announce details of a new base ON HERE prior to any official announcement, they would have to hope that nobody knows the person behind the PPruNe identifier, as they would be commiting gross misconduct and effectively giving themselves the sack.

All crew are issued with a little card which states "I'm sorry but I am not the person you need to speak to and have no information that I can give you" - the quoted text applies on here for your question.

orangegirl
26th May 2007, 22:25
There are a lot of rumours about different airports that could be a base!
but untill it's officially announced nothing is certain! we will have to wait and see..!

boyoneder
26th May 2007, 22:30
Ok I'm having a nightmare situation, I wanna become cabin crew more than anything! I went for a interview with Easyjet, got offered a job,but wanted to wait til I learnt to drive as didn't wanna let Ezy down.
Recently been hols, and flew with EZY, the flight was sooo bumpy we took off in a thunder storm the whole flight was so bumpy, ezy would not serve hot drinks and threw the crew around.... I know I havent hadn't had n e training, but i was kinda scared by that flight.
Please could some crew coment?

blondechick
27th May 2007, 09:22
Dont worry bout the turbulance thing it rarely happens that crew have to be strapped in. U really do get used to the turbulance i sometimes dont even notice it happening. What you have to remember these planes are designed to take the worst turbulance you could ever imagine and still come through fine. So please dont let it put you off flying it is the best job i the world am sure everyone on here will agree with me!!

hope this helps xxx

Getoutofmygalley
27th May 2007, 09:34
Agree 100% with Blondechick. The aircraft can take a hell of a lot more than than what the average thunderstorm can chuck at them. And you can rest assured that the pilots would not have taken off if the storm conditions were not safe to do so. If the storm was 'that bad' the actual airfield would have been closed until the storm had passes.

And most cabin crew love turbulence, it does help to brighten up a run-of-the-mill day when it's pitching and rolling all over the place. I often wonder if cabin crew would be able to stand up right in an earthquake, seeing as to what we have to put up with in turbulence! :}

blondechick
27th May 2007, 17:41
LOL i would loove to see how we would be in an earthquake too!! :O

I love turbulance it makes the day so much more FUN like when it starts and your in the middle of the cabin and your trying to get to the back and it takes alot longer than i should cuz one step forward two back lol :O

Getoutofmygalley
29th May 2007, 12:17
Or when it lurches and you land in the "BOB's" lap :E

Monkey Madness
29th May 2007, 14:58
"The aircraft can take a hell of a lot more than than what the average thunderstorm can chuck at them"
http://www.efkn.co.uk/albums/album01/Lx_Strike.sized.jpg

Just to give you some background to the picture above.

This is the effect of a direct hit from a bolt of lightning.

The strike created a hole right thru the fuselage.:eek:

Never under estimate the power of Mother Nature:=

boyoneder: Getoutofmygalley is correct though - its takes a hell of a lot to fell a big-un like you'll fly in!:ok:

Off Stand
29th May 2007, 15:06
Wanna know what it does to an ezy a/c? Look at this link, happened to an easySwiss flight a few years ago.

http://flightlevel.20megsfree.com/

Monkey Madness
29th May 2007, 18:40
Ouch!

Thats gotta hurt!:eek:

vodkaholic
29th May 2007, 18:59
Blimey!!

Can planes get written off in the same way that cars can?

Getoutofmygalley
29th May 2007, 19:08
Yes!

Lalala lalala (making up 15 character requirement)

Off Stand
29th May 2007, 19:46
If I remember correctly, that a/c was actually repaired and out back into service.

justD
4th Jun 2007, 11:04
Wasn't it hail that easy swiss flew into????

It looks rather like it and that's what I remember too :hmm:

Getoutofmygalley
5th Jun 2007, 12:04
It was indeed hailstones that did the damage to the easySwiss aircraft and not turbulence.

cchopeful
8th Jun 2007, 11:34
Hi ive had a good scroll thro here and i understand that as a junior i can expect to make a take home pay of about £14-1500 pm. Can anyone tell me how much the basic pay is though - like how much will i make on probation or i read that someone was on basic only cause they were off sick? Sorry to ask but the ej website does not give any figuers for basic pay, sector pay or sales commission.

Thanks.

Getoutofmygalley
8th Jun 2007, 12:02
cchopeful, the salary scales are currently as follows:

CC Probationary sp £9,365
Cabin Crew spaces £10,860
SCCM Probationary £12,235
SCCM tabbedspaces £13,310

To work out your monthly basic, divide the figures above by 12. easyJet will be reviewing pay later this year, so a higher rate of basic pay will apply from the 1st of October 2007.

You are only on basic pay for the first full month employed, this is while you are training. The second month will be basic pay plus some flight pay (depending on when you start flying). Flight pay (sector pay) is paid one month in arrears, along with commission.

When you are off sick, you do only earn basic pay - but that is only for the period you are off sick. If you are sick for 2 days, then you will only be missing the sector pay and commission for the flights you have not operated. Off sick for a month, then yes you would only receive basic pay.

Airbourne-Adamski
8th Jun 2007, 15:47
Afew post back someone asked about new bases.

Areply to that from (Sorry cant remember who :) ) mentioned that we cant really say on here due to company confidentiality (think thats how its spelt).
Which is a fair, as easy staff DO look at this forum, and putting on company info could get you in deep.

But are we not safe enough to put on what we have heard going around the 'RUMOUR' network?

I would have thought you can only land in the s**t if you discuss 'Official' info rather than just galley gossip.

EzyChic
9th Jun 2007, 22:05
Are we OK to discuss the new procedures on here?

Tried to reply to your intranet post Adam, but it came up with an error.

Must say I do agree with most points you made thought, 'cept increasing turnaround times is a no-no, it costs too much money!

Would 1 sick bag per row surfice?

Crossing seatbelts, well, I hate the idea of not doing that...reminds me of the time I flew with another airline, there was rubbish in the seat pocket when I got on board and they did a PA saying press the call bell if you want a safety card and there isn't one.

Wasn't nice

Dolley
10th Jun 2007, 11:26
ezychic

I haven't worked with the new procedures yet as I'm on leave at the moment but I'm going back tomorrow and I'm dreading it...

So now we are going to have the nice new uniform (coming up) so we look more professional and nice but our aircraft will look like sh...! Great!
I just couldn't believe it when I heard about it yesterday! It's awful!
A mate of mine received a reward not long ago for a pax writing in about how spotless his aircraft was...well, that won't happen again now, won't it?!

I doubt very much that turn around really will be much quicker...the delays usually happen because of ground handling...that's my experience anyway, just crew can't be bothered to fill out a FER every time especially when they think they make up the time during the flight...

Anyway, I'm sure we will receive a lot of bad pax feedback and I will write it down in a FER every single time.

It looks unprofessional and if I as a pax would get on an untidy aircraft I would be really worried about what the crew did do during turn around...if crew couldn't be bothered to cross the seatbelt and restock seat pockets...could they be bothered to do any kind of security checks....nah, easyjet got this wrong....first impressions count, not just the crew but the aircraft too!!!

cchopeful
10th Jun 2007, 20:29
Getoutofmygalley, that's really helpful :)

Airbourne-Adamski
11th Jun 2007, 03:58
To be honest,

I dont mind the hard work we all put in on turnarounds making sure the cabin is tidy, In someway I take pride in having a nice clean cabin ready for pax, it makes them feel more comfortable I think, where if they come onboard to a messy cabin what we they think then of the crew? it could cause bad reflection on us.

And Dolley your right as well how does this all fit in with our new uniform and easyjet wanting to show a professional high brand product?

Getoutofmygalley
11th Jun 2007, 16:21
Regarding the new turnaround memo, I am still insisting that crew replace sick bags. For some halfwit in Luton to say that the sick bags will be replaced by the cleaners overnight is a joke.

What happens if a pax is seated at say row 17B and uses their sick bag to put their banana skin or whatever in it. This bag gets gashed. On the next sector pax in 17B is sick, ends up vomiting over the carpet, seat cushion and back of seat in front. The down time for cleaners/engineers replacing and cleaning soiled fixtures and fittings is going to be a damn sight longer than 20 seconds!

Pilots at LGW think this is a ridiculous joke and are supporting me in my insistance. :*

EzyChic
11th Jun 2007, 16:36
I am back tomorrow after LVE, so it'll be my first day with these new rules.

I honestly don't mind the sick bag thing, 1 per row (well 3 seats) would be OK for me.

It's the not crossing seat belts I hate.

I just don't think it's gonna look good.

Suppose it's worth a try though, who knows, the money they save on speedier turn arounds might go towards our pay rise.

LOL

Getoutofmygalley
11th Jun 2007, 16:38
More chance of me flying as the SCCM on the back of a flying pig tomorrow than that happening I think! :}

EzyChic
11th Jun 2007, 17:03
Ha ha ha ha ha.

Love it.

Well I have faith in Ezy even if no one else does.

We'll see how this turns out.

Airbourne-Adamski
11th Jun 2007, 18:02
To be honest since the memo came out my crew are still doing belts and bags, and i CAN NOT see what real difference in turn times it makes. Honestly save 20 secs if not replacing bags, who the hell sat down with a calculator and worked that one out :ugh:
1 Minute 30 or something around there to cross seatbelts :ugh:
so now we are up to 1 minute 50.
Ok well did they sit and time the time it takes from us giving ground staff the ok to board to pax actually arriving, or fueller to turn up, or wchr/s/c to arrive with care bears, waiting for steps/airbridge.
But hey guys DONT replace sick bags as we can solve all these other problems.

Still love easyjet though :p

WexCan
12th Jun 2007, 19:26
Hey all

Quick Q

Got TBN (To Be Notified) down on my brief schedule for July a couple of times. Have it down for days 1&2 three weeks in a row then day 6 of the last week.

Last week I had TBN on every day, except the first day or two of July.

Anyone got any ideas what delights may be in store or if it's just one of those funny things rostering do?

Ta muchly

Wex

ezpz
12th Jun 2007, 19:47
I am still insisting that crew replace sick bags

Getoutofmygalley, will you be insisting that crew don't arm their doors next because you dont like it?? If you disagree with the new procedures, then so be it, but dont expect your crew to break SOPs to keep you happy.

Airbourne-Adamski
13th Jun 2007, 10:57
Got TBN (To Be Notified) down on my brief schedule for July a couple of times. Have it down for days 1&2 three weeks in a row then day 6 of the last week.

Last week I had TBN on every day, except the first day or two of July.

Anyone got any ideas what delights may be in store or if it's just one of those funny things rostering do?

If this is for your july roster TBN will be on there as July's will not officially be finished and released until the 17th of this month. So basically they are still working on your roster and they have not yet filled in the days with duties with TBN.
The rosters are officially complete and realeased on the 17th of each month. And to be honest I would not go off what you have seen on your unfinished July roster as it could change a little or alot between now and it being released.

EzyChic
13th Jun 2007, 12:11
TBN
TO BE NOTIFIED...

ie when the rosters are out.

It's nothing special sorry to say, it's what it says on the tin.

Dolley
13th Jun 2007, 15:29
ezpz

You've got a fair point although I agree with getoutofmygalley. I think it's plain stupid and ending up not having any sick bags in a row is just ridiculous. However, the new policies are the new policies, if I like it or not.

My first day back after leave I asked my crew to stick with the policies and they weren't happy at all as they rather would do the seat belts and sick bags. At the end of the day there's work pride involved...I logged a FER at the end of the day about customers commenting on the untidy state of the aircraft.

The day after I had an OPM on board so I brought the matter up with her and she said that everybody is still doing the seat belts and the issue is being raised in Ltn by our BCCM so since then I tell my crew exactly that, and that I keep on doing it but they don't have to if they don't want to as long as the seat belts are on the seat.

Regarding sick bags I ask them to use their common sense. If there is all sick bags missing in a row and you don't replace them you might end up cleaning up sick. So far everybody is doing it...out of their own free will...(although I make it pretty clear that if it's in their rows and the sick is there because there was no sick bags they'll be cleaning it up, not me ;) ----that was supposed to be a joke. I don't really do that!)

So all together no problems with new policies...but Ltn will have to change something one way or another as I'm sure they can't just have a whole base (and I'm sure it's more) ignoring what's written down. So either they have to change it back or put their foot down...let's wait and see :-)

Getoutofmygalley
14th Jun 2007, 11:22
Getoutofmygalley, will you be insisting that crew don't arm their doors next because you dont like it?? If you disagree with the new procedures, then so be it, but dont expect your crew to break SOPs to keep you happy.

ezpz what a most ridiculous counter arguement. Arming of doors is an SOP which is for a safety related duty. The not replacing of sick bags is not a safety related function, therefore I am free to insist that my crew replace them.

As I am the SCCM onboard I have the right to change things (non safety related) to make things better for the passengers, I have been told this by my OPM's and BCCM on numerous occasions. Also I have had Captains say to me that they would like me to continue with the sick bag replacements, to which I reply "I am already insisting on this". What do you want me to do? say to the Captain "I am sorry sir, but due to this new turnaround policy I can not carry out your request" - The Captain is in charge of the aircraft and if he wants my crew and I to do things a certain way, then my crew and I WILL providing it isn't something to jeopardize the safety of the pax, crew and aircraft.

I have had an OPM onboard this week and I said to the OPM that I am continuing to insist they are replaced and guess what, the OPM agreed that they should continue to be replaced as the down time (as per my original post) on awaiting cleaners and engineers will far outweigh the 20 seconds saved on not replenishing them.

This is a stupid rule change made up by someone in Hangar 89 who probably has never operated as crew and does not realise the potential problems involved in NOT replacing sick bags.

Most of the crew I work with have high standards and want the cabin to look clean and do not like the cabin looking a mess. Remember we are in a customer service industry and we want out pax to return to us time and time again. Passengers who have to experience messy cabins will be less inclined to fly again with us, similarly any poor pax who ends up covered in their own vomit (or the vomit of a neighbouring pax) will most certainly not want to fly with us if we do not have sick bags in the seat pockets. Plus, how do you explain to a pax covered in vomit that we don't replace sick bags "to save 20 seconds of turnaround time"?

Now, when you are capable of coming back with a reasoned arguement other than "will you be insisting that crew don't arm their doors next because you dont like it??" then I will be willing to discuss this further with you, but until then stay out of this arguement!

Airbourne-Adamski
14th Jun 2007, 15:39
Getoutofmygalley
From one SCCM to another :D that is a spot on reply to ezpz. And to be honest ezpz if I asked you kindly to replace bags as you do seatpocket checks, and refused as you feel it would be breaking 'SOP' i would be some what disappointed in your teamwork and concienciousness.

And I to are finding that crew and flight deck are willing to take 20 more secs to replace bags.
But here is another solution, take bags with you as you do seat pockets and bang jobs done, no time differance ;)

Dolley
14th Jun 2007, 18:11
I agree with both of you getoutofmygalley and airbourne-adamski...

...but...

...I've been told by opm and bccm that although they are more than happy for me to continue with the seat belts and sick bags that I can't insist that my crew is doing so either because of the official guidelines.
I guess this is where your management skills come in that you get your crew to do it without them being stupid about it. Most crew wants to do it anyway, that's my experience anyway. I reckon those new policies won't last long anyway. So sit back, relax and watch them die...;-)

EzyChic
14th Jun 2007, 19:52
Ok...

so if we're delayed etc, and trying to make up time, then, personally I am very happy to not replace sick bags etc, however if the crew wish to do so then that is their perogative.

I say to the crew if they have time then it would be nice to cross seatbelts etc but I'm not going to force them.

As for making them clean up sick, I think thats absurd (sorry). If needs be we can call out the cleaners or anyone whose willing to do can clean it up (I personally don't mind cleaning it up). However I would never expect someone to clean up vomit against their will.

Maybe it's just me but I find people hardly ever use sick bags anyway.

Just my opinion.

Ezy

orange1
14th Jun 2007, 21:03
I agree that the cabin will look messy. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and always make sure the seatpocket items are in the correct order and seatbelts crossed on every turnaround. No one likes change and we have these discussions everytime something is changed.

What I don't understand is the logic that not putting a sick bag in will save time. If you are replacing magazines you generally replace mags and sick bags together. At my base we do our seats and put tables down if something needed in a pocket, then 2 collect rubbish and 2 replace mags and bags so it's all done at the same time. Also pax can be called once security complete it sometimes takes ages for a bus to arrive so you can replenish then.

Dolley
14th Jun 2007, 23:45
Sorry, ezychic, I thought I'd made it clear that I was joking when I wrote that I would make them clean up the sick themselves...obviously I would call the cleaners if possible! Sorry if I didn't make that clear. It hasn't been an issue so far because until now everybody just still did it. I think if nobody else would do it on a flight I would just go through with them myself, can't see a real problem there.

EzyChic
15th Jun 2007, 07:36
I'm a bit thick.

Was thinking you sounded like a bit of a Hitler lol.

I like the idea of 2 doing rubbish and one doing mags, maybe we should try that.

Only prob I find is I always seem to get lost property so trying to fill that form out during turn arounds can be a pain.

Dolley
15th Jun 2007, 10:48
To be honest, I was more worried about the new policies when I was still on leave and on my first day back...by now I'm pretty chilled about them because really all crew is still doing the seat belts and the sick bags and I've even got it confirmed from the office at my base that that's fine. So really, all back to normal for me...just waiting for Lutons reaction to all the crew refusing to do what they are told...

My biggest issue at the moment is the ground handling/ambi-lift situation at all the Spanish destinations (especially Alc, Agp and Pmi)...because that's for sure where all my delays happen...:suspect:

ezpz
15th Jun 2007, 15:54
As I am the SCCM onboard I have the right to change things (non safety related) to make things better for the passengers.
What other Notices To Crew are you currently not following because you don't like them? NTC's are not optional. What would a new crew member think if you tell them off for following a NTC. Confused, upset or even angry?
Also I have had Captains say to me that they would like me to continue with the sick bag replacements, to which I reply "I am already insisting on this". What do you want me to do? say to the Captain "I am sorry sir, but due to this new turnaround policy I can not carry out your request"
If you read your manual, it states we must follow the Captain's lawful commands. Telling you to put sick bags in the seat pockets does not fall under his powers.
I have had an OPM onboard this week and I said to the OPM that I am continuing to insist they are replaced and guess what, the OPM agreed that they should continue to be replaced as the down time (as per my original post) on awaiting cleaners and engineers will far outweigh the 20 seconds saved on not replenishing them.
Could you PM me the OPM's name, so I can ask them why they are telling you to disregard an NTC, and if that applies to the rest of the crew community or just you.
Remember we are in a customer service industry and we want out pax to return to us time and time again. Passengers who have to experience messy cabins will be less inclined to fly again with us
Yes we are in a customer service industry. A very competative one. So easyJet regulary sends out customer surveys to our passengers to find out what they want. The biggest "dissatisfier" for our passenger is late flights. Have a look at any of the montly customer survey results on the intranet. Thats why easyJet is trying to HELP us crew by giving us less to do on turnarounds. I am really happy that everyone who has posted on this thread is so passionate about their job and high standards. But refusing to follow an NTC because they don't like it is not the easyJet way to deal with a problem. Give feedback to your managers and Hanger 89, but don't ask your colleauges to disregard an NTC just because you do not like it.

justD
15th Jun 2007, 17:39
I myself don't remember ever having a delay because of us not being ready. :hmm:

All the crew I have worked with are still doing the original turnaround procedures. Pax so far have been happy about our A/C looking nice and tidy, unlike "other's". Why not keep it up???:confused:

By the way I have flown with an airline where they put only one sickbag in each row.
The passenger sitting next to me needed one more... :uhoh: Being used to having one in each seatpocket I looked there and when I couldn't find any I asked the crew where I could find another one, she made a face and said "we only put one in each row". She did bring one more, but wasn't happy about it.

Please don't let us become like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:= :{

Virginia
15th Jun 2007, 20:08
at the end of the day, is it really such a big deal?:confused:

I used to be an easyJetter and never got so obsessed with the job!

bmibaby.com
15th Jun 2007, 20:45
Maybe easyJet could start doing what we do with delayed inbound flights needing a fast turnaround - asking the passengers themselves to cross their seatbelts on getting up out of their seats to leave the aircraft? Usually as part of the landing announcement there'll be a small addition along the lines of "Due to our 25 minute turnaround here in XXX, the crew would appreciate you helping us to maintain our on-time performance. If you have any rubbish on you that you didn't give to us when we came through the cabin, could you please leave it on the seat when you get up and cross over the seatbelt. Your assistance is greatly appreciated." Cheesy, but saves a minute or two.

Getoutofmygalley
16th Jun 2007, 00:13
ezpz I have absolutely no intention of pm'ing you the name of the OPM that I have spoken to.

Yes NTC's are instructions about the way things should be done, and I follow them all to the letter, but this is slightly different to the average NTC. It's not as if this is a change to the way we carry out CPR or some other important procedural instruction. This NTC is about saving time, and all the crew I have flown with have been more than happy to replace the sick bags.

Tell you what happened today on a flight, where a crew member had forgotten to replace the sick bags. A female pax threw her guts up absolutely everywhere. It went all over her blouse, all over her trousers and all over 2 seat cushions and over a seat belt. This meant that 2 crew members had to assist this poor lady in cleaning up (I didn't tell them to, they did it voluntarily). This then had a knock on effect on the service. The flight was quite a short one and myself and the Number Four had to serve the whole cabin whilst the other 2 crew members were cleaning up the mess. One of the crew ended up with quite a considerable amount of vomit on her skirt. We were very lucky that the female pax did not ask why sick bags were missing, because I for one would not want to have to explain to her that the company isn't bothered about replacing them any more - just to save turnaround time.

So, on arrival back at LGW the engineers are now required to replace the seat belts and 2 seat cushions. How much money does THAT cost?

And ezpz you say that the Captain can not tell me or my crew to put sick bags in the seat pockets - well are you going to refuse if one of your captains (assuming you are crew) tells you to? What other things will you refuse to do for your captain?

Reading through the posts on here, it seems as if most crew are continuing to turn the aircraft around in the same fashion as they did before the level 2 notice was issued. Nearly every crew member I have flown with this week has continued to cross the seat belts (off their own back) because they want the cabin to look smart.

I think you and I are going to have to agree to differ on this one - I will continue to do things the way I am (and I have noticed a number of other SCCM's in briefings telling crew to replace sick bags, so I am not alone!) and if you want to follow the level two notice to the letter, then so be it!

Airbourne-Adamski
19th Jun 2007, 15:34
Blimey sounds like the new turnarounds have ignited a few fuses,

Dont you just Forums :}

To be honest today we had a pax who was sick, one of those all of a sudden hurlers, :yuk: luckily she reached for a sick bag and thats where it went.

But if the bags had not been there due to not being replaced we would of had one very messy situation.

PS Got an IBZ next month anyone got spare riot gear to lend out or should I look on Sale & Wants on Inside easy :eek: :}

Dolley
21st Jun 2007, 15:02
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/6220814.stm

Glad I wasn't on that flight :ouch:

Airbourne-Adamski
21st Jun 2007, 15:25
The incident has also been covered by a number of national newspapers.

Thoughts go out to the family,
And also the crew who dealt with the situation.

It is amazing though how from what I read in the paper slightly differs from what bbc news reported.

From The Mirror yesterday (20-6-07)

AN air passenger told yesterday how a mum-of-five was convulsed by a fatal seizure aboard a holiday jet as her family looked on in helpless horror.

Isatu Taylor was sitting next to Lesley Brooke, 41, who was flying back to Britain with her daughter Hailey, 13, and her partner's sons Dominic, seven, and Joshua, five.

She said: "At the airport the woman looked like she had jaundice. She was really yellow and waxy and could hardly walk.

Almost as soon as she got on the plane she wasn't breathing properly. She was shaking and not speaking well. We gave her cushions and told her to try to breathe while she held on to her daughter.

"I closed my eyes for a moment and heard the daughter scream.

"I looked up and saw the woman frothing at the mouth with her hands stretched out in front of her like they were frozen solid.

"The stewards tried twice to give her oxygen but it didn't seem to make any difference. Her husband tried to pull her up in the seat because she was sinking down. Then a nurse rushed over and got her on the floor."

The nurse, a 30-year-old woman called Naomi from Cambridge, said: "The woman looked very ill and yellow at the airport. I don't think they should have let her on the flight.

"About 20 minutes after take-off she had some sort of seizure. By then, she was really unwell. Her pulse was barely there.

"We dragged her on to the floor and carried out resuscitation until the plane landed which must have been after about 20 minutes.

"The crew only had a first aid kit. But, to be honest, she probably wouldn't have made it anyway.

"The cabin crew asked me if they needed to redirect the flight and I said 'Yes, as soon as possible'.

"They asked me how serious it was. I said 'Basically she's dying - you can't get more serious than that'.

"There was another nurse on board who helped me. But from the moment we got the woman on the floor she didn't have a pulse."

Mrs Brooke, of Sheffield, was flying with her family early yesterday aboard an easyJet Boeing 737 from Palma, Majorca, to Luton, Beds.

She was sitting with her daughter near the middle of the plane while partner Paul Birds, 45, and the boys sat near the back.

Lesley was laid in the aisle as crew and the two nurses vainly battled to resuscitate her.

The flight was redirected to Barcelona where paramedics boarded the plane. Isatu said she was carried past other passengers without even a blanket to cover her.

The emergency medics tried to save Lesley for a further 20 minutes. But their efforts were in vain. She was declared dead at Barcelona's Hospital de Bellvitge.

Lesley was believed to have anaemia. But last night her appalled father Wilfrid, 64, insisted: "She was fit and healthy.

"The only pointer to what happened is that she complained in phone calls to home that her feet were swelling up while on holiday.

"We just put it down to sunburn and left it at that. Nobody could have imagined it would come to this."

Lesley's eldest son Gareth, 24, said: "There was nothing medically wrong with my mum.

"She was a fun-loving person and a fantastic mother-of-five. Her children were her life. We want to know why this has happened."

Lesley and engineer Paul travelled to Majorca in a 12-strong party with Wilfrid, his wife Kathleen, 58, neighbours and friends.

Most of the party flew back to England after a week. But Lesley, Paul and the children stayed on.

Wilfrid said: "Apparently Lesley got to the airport and the airline staff were concerned about her.

"I was told they noticed she wasn't well. A doctor was called and she was certified fit to fly.

"On the flight she was asleep on Hailey's shoulder when Hailey realised something was wrong with her mother, and started screaming.

"Two nurses on the flight examined Lesley and told the pilot it would be better to land the plane."

The flight's 115 passengers returned to Britain yesterday afternoon.

A chaplain was on hand at Luton airport to offer counselling.

easyJet said: "Our crew followed procedures and did a fantastic job in difficult circumstances. It was not brought to their attention before boarding that the woman was ill.

"Our deepest condolences go to the family."

psychopathbabble
26th Jun 2007, 14:07
I have just been reading this thread with interest and sorry if this has been said already...

I am a very very new FA with EZY... have only flown for 4 days inc my supernumery and check flight! :O

Personally, I find it easier to cross the seatbelts, firstly it does look nicer and secondly for my own benefit as i then know what rows I have checked (i tend to randomly miss one half of the row out!).

If an FA really doesn't want to cross seatbelts, although I can't see anyone agreeing it looks better, then thats up to them. Regarding the sick bags etc then I would say it depends on time left before PAX board, but then as said somewhere above then if mags are being replaced then do sick bags at same time. That is certainly what the crew who I have flown with do. Think of it as being a passenger, I would be slightly apprehensive to say the least if I was boarding a/c that looks like the crew didn't give a damn!

GEAR_DOWN
27th Jun 2007, 16:17
BIMIBABY.COM - Your suggestion was already trialed 5 years ago, and it didn't work! Also boarding only from the back was trialed in the hope that the pax would move to the front on boarding hence quicker boarding - this didnt work either as they just want to sit nearest the door they boarded from. Also it was trialed that the crew lift all armresta so pax could slide into seated area quicker - this didn't work either!

Airbourne-Adamski
28th Jun 2007, 13:10
I still think trailing assigned seat numbers on flights is worth ago.
Apparently they trailed it but only on practice runs not actual operating flights.
My previous airline had assigned seating and especially on airbridges it does help as you board in sections back, middle, front.
Also it helps to stop families moaning at crew cause they got on last and cant sit together (out fault as usual, not the fact that they should have been at the gate in good time), Plus when we then try to arrange for them to sit together that takes up more time.

Off Stand
28th Jun 2007, 15:28
When ezy bought GO, Ed Winters did say that assigned seating would be a proceedure carried over from GO, but then there was a u-turn at the last minute. I would have prefered it when I was there.

Airbourne-Adamski
29th Jun 2007, 12:29
Andy Harrison as talked about it a few times.
Also when I have had easyland management onboard and having a good chin wag a few of them also agree assigned seating would be worth trailing.

Dolley
29th Jun 2007, 13:20
I'm a big fan of the whole allocated seating thing...
It seems o make so much sense from Passenger and crew perspective...

1. No more worrying about ABP's (especially early pregnancy)
2. No more trouble with 'late' families
3. Boarding would be easier and faster
4. No trouble about saving seats for WCH passengers

...and I'm sure there are many more good reasons....from lost property to naughty passengers...

On the other hand it's not really clear to me where the big savings come in for easyjet by not doing it. You still could do it without a ticket as long as it gets on the boarding card... Virgin for example has a great system where you can pick your own seat online...and you can see which ones are still available and which ones are not....it could even be a feature to pay for....I'm sure people would rather pay for an assigned seat than for Speedy Boarding that doesn't work half the time...

Anyway, still waiting for an official response to crew continuing doing the seatbelts and the sickbags...

Airbourne-Adamski
5th Jul 2007, 11:58
Also if we had allocated seating, Pax who pay online for SB (speeding boarding) can then actually choose the seat they want. And if they select a restricted seat a warning comes up about the restrications of that seat (like Virgin do)
This will then stop all the SB's getting on and complaining they did not get the speedy priority boarding they paid for.

Getting back to the subject....personally i never replaced all the sickness bags or magazines it depended on my mood time and crew. So there are a few bags missing big deal. As for the seatbelt crossing thing i think its a reflex by now and harder not to do than to do. I mean cabin checks on turn arounds are like a dance routine to us by now dont you think. Who knows maybe soon we will be selling sickness bags. Do they honestly think that time will be saved by not filling up empty seatpockets and by not crossing seatbelts....

To be honest i am still doing it the old way and have attempted the 'new' way and find i am quicker and more efficient the old way. Maybe its true 'you cant teach old dog new tricks' unless it is safety related or cabin service change but that is obvious.

PER210
6th Jul 2007, 11:58
hey, i was just wondering if Ezy had hired any Aussie crew lately? i saw on their website that they'll employ aussies on a 2 year working visa.. just wondering (if any are out there) what they thought of it..

EZSmile
12th Jul 2007, 20:44
I love the talk about sickness bags. I have also had crew room assistants and seniors insisting that on their flights all bags are to be replaced. Some seniors have also come directly from other companies and work as they did there... and I love it when some cabin crew silently simply refill them (still beeing faster though, I don't know how).
I find it quite amusing - at least no one has witten in an assessment again, that the items in the seatpockets were not in the correct order (Magazine behind, then 2007 Collectin, then sickness bag, safety card up front - all turned around correctly.)

Airbourne-Adamski
14th Jul 2007, 13:37
hey, i was just wondering if Ezy had hired any Aussie crew lately? i saw on their website that they'll employ aussies on a 2 year working visa.. just wondering (if any are out there) what they thought of it..

As far as iam aware there has been no aussie recruitment for sometime. I have been out of recruitment for a couple of months now due to there no being any recruitment days this last few months, so I have not heard of any plans to recruit aussie's.

fly babe
14th Jul 2007, 23:21
On my flights... I ask the pax to hand me their rubbish as they leave and to cross their seat belts too. Ive found the majority of pax are happy to help after I point out the reasons for asking. I then carry out a full security check of seats, toilet and galley without replacing sick bags, mags or brochures... Ive never experienced problems. My turnarounds are quick and effiecient.
Ask yourself:
1) How many pax are sick during your duty?
2) How many pax ask you for a inflight magazine to read? (When not in their seat pocket)
3) How many pax ask you for a brochure? (Again, when not in their seat pocket?)
Nuff said.:)

Airbourne-Adamski
19th Jul 2007, 12:38
How many pax ask you for a brochure? (Again, when not in their seat pocket?)
If there was no retail brochures in pockets you would see inflight sales drop trust me. Many pax dont plan on buying food and drink, but when they have a look at the brochure you will be suprised how many then end up buying. Think commision :ok:

How many pax are sick during your duty? How many night IBZ's have you done LOL :ooh:

744FO
19th Jul 2007, 16:11
How many times have you checked the life jackets and not found one there - if the seats were allocated we'd know who was sat there!

Airbourne-Adamski
20th Jul 2007, 15:31
744FO

Strangely enough did IBZ last night and guess what was missing.2 Lifejackets.

Luckily one of the crew went into baggage reclaim and said to the pax give the jackets back and no more said or IBZ police will search everyone before leaving the airport. The bluff worked and the jackets returned.

No Holds Barred :suspect: :}

hajdii
21st Jul 2007, 12:07
First of all I'm sorry for stealing this thread.

In two weaks I'm gonna fly with easyjet from copenhagen to London and I'm terrified that the seatbelt won't fit me. I've been tryin e-mailing and calling easyjet in England, but noone seems to know the lengt of the seatbelts.

So ihope someone heres know, doesn't have to be the precise length. Does it fit someone whos overweight?