PDA

View Full Version : Virgin UK - Wannabees & Recruitment

Pages : [1] 2 3

TightSlot
9th Jan 2007, 08:54
Virgin UK thread for those with questions about the recruitment process

sumeya
9th Jan 2007, 14:13
This has got to be the most traumatising feeling ever! One of the blokes on my assessment day just found out he got the job so I rang them up and asked them if they could tell me the outcome of my interview and they said my application is still active- nothings been posted out yet so they couldn't tell me anything! I'm just thinking thats got to be a bad sign coz surely they wouldn't mind giving u good news over the phone but not bad news!

Has anyone else out there had an interview recently and heard anything yet?

Sam.x.

Emmy Lou
9th Jan 2007, 16:01
Hi All - this is an ecstatic Emmy Lou,

:O Have found out today that I have got the job of In-flight Beauty Therapist!!!!!

Am soooo happy and excited!!!!!

Training is due to start on the 26th Feb - anyone else starting training then? :O

captainyonder
9th Jan 2007, 16:35
Congratulations guys! I have a friend who was on the selection on the 2nd of Jan, he hasn't heard yet. When did you guys do your selection?

Virgin Boi
9th Jan 2007, 20:31
Melbourne,

In response to your question on the Virgin general thread, you asked "Do Virgin only hire ex- VB crew?"

I take it you mean Virgin Blue, and when you consider that V/Atlantic have in the region of 4000 cabin crew, and have been operating for nearly 22 years, perhaps a little research is required about the company you'd like to join!? :ugh:

sumeya
10th Jan 2007, 11:17
Congratulations guys! I have a friend who was on the selection on the 2nd of Jan, he hasn't heard yet. When did you guys do your selection?

I had my interview on the 4th of Jan. Still haven't heard anything yet! People who had their interview on the 8th have heard as well..... this wait isn't good for my health! Ive been comfort eating and I'm sure I must have put on about half a stone in the last 4 days!

Ground Bound
10th Jan 2007, 11:29
Don't hege your bets,guys. Virgin have a bad reputation for firing peoplre at the ned of their probation if their face doesn't fit

I Just Want To Fly
10th Jan 2007, 11:39
Ground Bound what exactly do you mean by this? Please elaborate...

sumeya
10th Jan 2007, 13:45
Don't hege your bets,guys. Virgin have a bad reputation for firing peoplre at the ned of their probation if their face doesn't fit
When u say ''if their face doesn't fit'' what do u mean?

Any reputable company would have the sense to initially hire you on a probationary period to see how you work. If you don't work hard and tend to have a demotivated attitude to work its only natural for them to not want to keep you on. If u ask me, you've got to be a fool to mess up and if u do then the job really isn't for you!

lollypop
10th Jan 2007, 17:06
Does anyone know if you only get once chance to take and pass the Knowledge tests of each section in E-Learning?
Or are you able to take the tests as many times as you like until you pass? :confused:

skyboy1919
10th Jan 2007, 22:28
Hi everyone

I wanted to ask a couple of questions relating to Virgin, I was wondering if someone could let me know if...

Do junior crew train on both airbus and boeing aircraft and operate all routes stright away?

Roughly how much is the take home pay monthly?

How many sectors/nights away a month?

Does Virgin like "old crew", previous flying experience/not far off 30 here!

Do you still fly out of both LHR & LGW?

Can you request routes ?

I have not flown for a couple of years but am thinking of manking a return at the end of the summer, always quite liked the idea of Virgin but know things change in this industry all the time so would be greatful for some information.

Thanks in advance.
Skyboy1919

MzGuilty
11th Jan 2007, 09:30
Firstly, as for the precourse e-learning, you can take the modules as many times as you want, the important thing is you have to achieve the pass mark and finish them all.

Yes, crew are trained on both Boeing and Airbus, and yes you fly out of both LHR and LGW. Please note you only get one parking pass now, so have to catch the Virgin bus between airports if you fly from the one you don't have a parking pass for. This adds a lot of time to an already long day.

Can't really comment on takehome pay, as I have pension etc deducted, but the gross pay for the first year is about £10,500. You get allowances on top of this which vary from very low to OK, and are paid in local currency downroute. SFO is one of the higher allowances, MCO one of the lower.

Nights away? You are guaranteed nine days off per month, the rest of the days you work. I usually get about 11 days off per month. Trips vary in length from two days (JFK) to nine days (KHG-SYD)

Yes they are taking on a lot more mature crew nowadays, there's no longer that age limit.

You can bid for trips after a year, but there's no guarantee you'll get them.

If you want more info on the allowances, please PM me. Virgin is like all other airlines nowadays, with cutbacks and getting you to work more. Having said that, I've worked for a few airlines and Virgin is definitely the one I'm happiest at. Good luck :ok:

sumeya
11th Jan 2007, 16:26
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum! My application form to Virgin is in the post and I am tres excited about the prospect of sending it off and hopefully securing an interview! I'm in the midst of a career re-direction and wondered if anyone could tell me if Virgin look sympathetically on those who have been working in other fields (in my case PR). I am a graduate with some limited customer service expereince and was a member of the RAF at uni which I loved. My father is a pilot and I am well travelled having lived across 4 countries including the Middle East which makes me very understanding of other people's cultures. For some reason i'm just very worried that I won't even be invited for interview as it seems so competitive. I really want to do this but worry that because I haven't been working directly with face-to-face customer service roles in the past 5 years that they won't be interested. Don't client servicing count? :O

Bexter,

As long as you can turn it around and draw on any customer service examples you should be fine. I know a few people who have been successful even though they haven't been in face to face customer service roles. Like you say you're well travelled and have a broad insight of different cultures etc.

You'll be fine mate! best of luck!

by the way guys...... its been 8 days now and still not heard anything! :ugh:

captainyonder
11th Jan 2007, 17:06
Don't worry sumeya, talking to my friend who did his interview on the 2nd he still hasn't heard back although most of the people he did the selection with have been turned away. I'm sitting here with him now and he's a heap of nerves!! I keep on having to tell him no news is usually good news. Keep us informed.

crewbus
12th Jan 2007, 07:27
Sumeya, have you heard anything yet?

sumeya
12th Jan 2007, 08:56
nothing yet guys! absolutely nothing! thats pants! Mind you the post hasn't arrived yet for today so i got my fingers crossed there will be a big A4 size envelope in it for me! :hmm:

Bexter, don't send a photo coz they don't ask for one. They don't judge you by looks- unless of course you weigh 18 stone and theres no way u'll fit down the aisle! so I really don't think u got anything to worry about. In regards to helpful hints and tips.... they will ask you two main questions in the application form in regards to your customer service experience. They asked for an example of when I gave excellent customer service to someone and how I went that extra mile and secondly, how I dealt with an irate customer. So just think long and hard befpre you put pen to paper because this will be your only chance to sell yourself for an interview with them!

Head_in_clouds
12th Jan 2007, 12:19
VS recruit all year round and they have plans for more routes this year

yachtno1
12th Jan 2007, 15:02
Bexter. they look for the "Virgin Flair" ...:)

sumeya
12th Jan 2007, 15:33
they certainly do look for the virgin flair coz that was one of the questions in my interview. Also, if you try your best and give your application form the thought its worth then your application will stand out like a sore thumb amongst the rest!

p.s. 9 days now and still nothing! I'm thinking now they may have meant 7-10 working days. How am I gonna get through the weekend guys?! Sob Sob :(

sumeya
12th Jan 2007, 16:33
Well good luck to you! It must be awful waiting to hear for so long. Often no news is good news though...

I've heard about this infamous 'Virgin Flair'?! Some have suggested that it is a trick question because Virgin are trying to get away from their previous elitist image of skinny, good looking blondes etc.

Also some have suggested its a genuine question about innovation and fun?!

Which one is it? I think if I was a recruiter its the kind of question you ask to see how prepared someone is to kiss serious a*se! Its not really a genuine question is it? Or am I reading too much into it?:bored:

hah hah! u don't wanna know what i said! well they kind of rephrased it to me... they asked ''how would virgin customers remember you?'' to which I replied after a small pause ''my beautiful smile!'' followed by a giggle. how cheesy! so yeah i did kiss arse but i did add i have a bubbly and friendly personality, i'm the sort of girl who will make conversation with a granny at a bus stop. also i have exceptional customer service skills and looking for a new challenge! (deep breath)

** I feel like I'm reliving my traumatising interview again!

captainyonder
12th Jan 2007, 16:38
Don't worry sumeya, my flat mate had his interview on the 2nd and he still hasn't heard back yet either despite the fact it's been 10 days.

BY_boy
12th Jan 2007, 17:16
Head in clouds,

Even more routes than the already announced Chicago, Nairobi & Mauritius?

Smokehood
12th Jan 2007, 17:22
Don't forget it's 7-10 working days, I found out after 10 working days and thats because I called them, because of notice period etc.

Head_in_clouds
12th Jan 2007, 17:45
I got told that they have lots more but haven't announced them yet. Don't know how true it is though.

sumeya
13th Jan 2007, 12:01
Hey Guys,

At the interview stage do they ever ask you any questions which can be quite awkward? Only that I was only at my previous employers for 3 months as I had moved in my then-boyfriend and it didn't work out. I loved the job and the people and I will recieve a good reference from them however if asked why I was there for such a short period of time I will feel a little embarrassed to say that I broke up with my boyfriend and had to leave the house I was in and area and move back home with my folks!

Does this make me look like I have limited stickability and a complicated personal life? Although not anymore, I'm very happily single and uncomplicated! I'll just worry that they may think I let my personal life affect my professional life? Should I be honest about this? Will they respect my honesty if it comes up?! :oh:

Bexter,

As far as I'm aware they don't ask you any personal questions. For instance why you only worked your last job for a short period. At the end of the day there could be a variety of reasons behind it which may be personal to you. So I wouldn't worry about it. If however, you had a string of short jobs, they again most probably wouldn't mention anything but may think you can't offer them any security.

P.S Nothing in the post for me today either! 10 working days will be next Thursday.

Tulip2007
13th Jan 2007, 13:50
Sam, you poor thing- I really feel for you waiting so long! It took 9 days for my letter too. To make me feel better during the long wait I thought to myself... it's bound to take longer to send out a pack with a contract than a rejection letter. :)

Bexter, I'm sure they won't ask you at Virgin but I had an interview a while back with another company and they asked why I left ships, I was in the same situation. I explained that I had left for a more challenging role shoreside (didn't mention the evil boyf!) but made a mistake and felt the move just wasn't right for me.

Hope that helps!

sumeya
13th Jan 2007, 14:06
thats what I'm hoping! Surely if it was a rejection letter I would have had it by now. A few peeps from my course that weren't successful got a letter last thursday. However, when I rang them on Wednesday they told me not to worry because nothing had been posted out just yet and that I should hear by Saturday or Monday at the latest! Fingers crossed ey?!

sumeya
13th Jan 2007, 14:11
p.s no back up- will 'only' work for virgin if i do cabin crew. told them that at the interview.

if I am unsuccessful, then I'm just going to continue working at O2- where I work at the minute and reapply in 6 months!

oh and Bexter, seriously babe.... u aint got nothing to worry about. I'm sure you'll get an interview. You sound like u know what u want and this will shine during your interview!

sumeya
13th Jan 2007, 14:39
I'm in exactly the same boat as you! I graduated from university in 2005- got myself a BSc hons in Computing and management science! Worked my t*ts off for it! Even managed to get a fantastic placement and worked for Reuters for a year but like yourself, the thought of earning a wad load of money sounded tempting but sitting in front of a PC from nine till 5 was a horriffic thought! I jus couldn't do it- not even for the money! I'm the sort of person who works to live not live to work therefore job satisfaction is far more important to me!

After leaving uni I joined O2 and this was only meant to be a temporary measure but it wasn't long before I was actually one of the top sellers in my whole area- possibly in the UK. Then.... in November last year after being pronounced one of the top sales girls for Nokia and Samsung mobile phones, O2 rewarded me with two fantastic holidays. One to Barbados and one to Miami. I flew with Virgin and can honestly say that they are by far the best airline I have ever flown with. I came back and thought ''thats it! I'm going to work for Virgin!''

I'd always wanted to be an air stewardess since I was a little girl but it was only just a dream- Virgin brought my dream back to life.

Soppy or what?!!!

captainyonder
13th Jan 2007, 15:32
Don't worry guys, my flat mate (who still hasn't heard after 11 days!) is a graduate and is currently training as an airline pilot. I think there's quite a good mix of people at Virgin, some school leavers, some graduates, some more older crew. Should make for a good career and a great working atmosphere. I don't think they look for strereotypes either these days. My flat mate is straight, a graduate and ugly!!! (only joking about the last one!!)

sumeya
13th Jan 2007, 16:29
hah hah yeah! hopefully fingers crossed we'll all get it! And bexter, if u need any help with preparing for your interview i'm here for you baby!

p.s saatchi & saatchi..... oooohhhh!

james2k7
14th Jan 2007, 15:42
See Replying with quotes (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249532) thread

james2k7
14th Jan 2007, 15:45
Ok guys, a question..

Unfortunatly Maths in not my strong point. Im not terrible at it, but sure aint great. My problem is that i never actually got GCSE Maths (got a D everytime i took it!)

However, i do have a full set of GCSE results (mainly A*'s and A's), a full set of AS & A-Levels and a good BSc (Hons) Degree in Consumer Marketing.

Do you HAVE to have a GCSE in Maths, or will my other qualifications be enough to cover my ass?!

Cheers,

J x

james2k7
14th Jan 2007, 17:13
Thanks Bekster,

yeah i know, general working life is so boring..cant wait to become crew (tocuh wood) and get travelling!.

Although i didnt get GCSE Maths, it has never been a problem with university or work, so i figure Virgin will look over this given i am educated to much higher standards than GCSE overall!. Also, it doesnt say anything about it in their recrutment lit., only that you have to be educated to a "good standard"..

So how far are you now then? got an interview yet?

J x :)

james2k7
14th Jan 2007, 19:01
Yeah the Maths test is my main worry, however i think i can pass it, i aint that bad,..it was all the **** like pythagereous theorum and equations etc that i was rubbish at and im sure that wont come up lol..

Im in the same position, preparing my application as well. In fact, i bought a great cd rom with loads of info and tips on filling out the application and how to come across on test day etc. Its designed especially for cabin crew wannabe's,. you can order it at http://www.how2become.co.uk/cabincrew.htm its only £9.99 and i found it really useful!

Im so excited about the idea of working for Virgin, i also am applying for Qantas, although i really want 2 get the Virgin job! Have you / are you applying for other airlines?

james2k7
14th Jan 2007, 19:10
Yeah cool Bexter.

The maths test is my main worry, but im sure i can pass it. My big prob at school GCSE was all the equations and pythagereous theorum etc that i was ****ty at.. and im sure that wont come up lol!

Im exactly the same as you, just preparing my application etc sooo exciting.. have u applied for any other airlines? I am applying for Qantas as well, but really want the Virgin job!

I cant stop thinking about getting away to new york for example with a cool crew and having 3/4 days there etc, it will rock!

Also, check out this website http://www.how2become.co.uk/cabincrew.htm . i got from them a really cool and useful guide about filling out cabin crew applications etc, its only £9.99 and helped me alot!

James x

Florida
14th Jan 2007, 20:27
As far as I know they just ask simple questions and everyone should know how to subtract, sum up, multiply and divide. Sorry but they don’t ask for ppl who have a master in mathematics. Just relax and you'll be fine. Don't hurry and concentrate!

sevenforeseven
15th Jan 2007, 09:08
SUMEYA, have you heard anything yet??? :ugh:

Smell the Coffee
15th Jan 2007, 10:06
You'd be suprised how many people took their GCSE maths 10 or so years ago who stuggled back then but who now can't even remember to do simple subtraction and division.
Sorry, but if you can't manage to add/subtract/multiply/divide simple numbers you shouldn't be offered a job with anyone...you should be going straight back to school.
I recruit for a major UK airline and I'm sorry, this level of ignorance is totally unacceptable...the level of maths required in the job is BASIC (addition of meals, the odd manual currency conversion when no bar computer or calculator is available, calculating arrival times etc.) If people can't even manage this BASIC level of maths then I'm afraid they should consider getting some tuition asap.
Sounds harsh, but the truth often is.

james2k7
15th Jan 2007, 12:10
whoa! smell the coffee i agree,

I only said in the first place that Maths was not my strong point and i think Bexter was just trying 2 b sympathetic! :)

I know that alot of people worry about the Maths test and thats fair enough given the short time there is to do it in!.. more often than not its probably a case of worrying to much about it than it;s really worth, but i can understand peoples nerves in this subject!

sumeya
15th Jan 2007, 14:33
Guys!

I got it!

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!

Florida
15th Jan 2007, 14:35
Thx, smell the coffe. I totally agree. How do these ppl go shopping? Do they never count their change?
I think people fail the test just because of nervousness.
And what should I do about the English test? It's not my first language. But failing it, would just mean I have to practise more.

Good luck!:)

captainyonder
15th Jan 2007, 16:10
Congratulations sumeya! My flat mate just heard he's got it as well! He starts on the 19th, when do you start?

GatwickGirlie
15th Jan 2007, 17:31
Hi guys! :)

I take it there's still a 5'2" height restriction with Virgin? I'd love to apply, but as I'm just under 5ft, I feel I'd be wasting my time! :( It's the only thing holding me back, as I feel I fit their other requirements! Are they really strict on the height thing at the moment?? :(

Cheers! xxx

Head_in_clouds
15th Jan 2007, 19:58
Yes you get measured at the interview. Its really important that you meet the heights as the safety equipment is high and for safety reasons. I can't think of an airline without the height requirements:confused:

Emmy Lou
15th Jan 2007, 20:42
:D Well done Sumeya!!! I have been following your posts as I posted to you a while back re. where to stay when attending your interview. I was interviewed on 4th Jan and got the job as Inflight Beauty Therapist, so we could be on some flights together later this year!!!

Emmy Lou X

sugarplum fairy
16th Jan 2007, 08:17
Well done sumeya! ive been reading your posts too, so im really pleased for you! i bet you o n top of the world!

Well done :D !

Tulip2007
17th Jan 2007, 12:13
CONGRATULATIONS Sam! That's amazing news! Bet you are dead excited!

See you in the air soon! :D

Christine x

sumeya
17th Jan 2007, 16:01
Hi guys!

Thanks to all of you who have been supporting me during my dreadful wait! (It was well worth it tho!) I start on the 5th of March and can't wait! I can't believe it! Everythings happened so quick and it seems like a dream!

Look forward to seeing u guys around at the training centre and those of you who are still in the application process- best of luck!

leeUK
18th Jan 2007, 05:43
Have been following your Virgin saga and just wanted to say many congratulations and all the best for your new career!! :ok:

N Byrne
18th Jan 2007, 09:51
I have a telephone interview tonight !!! Help!! I need some ideas about what sort of questions they are going to ask!!!

:bored:

vodkaholic
18th Jan 2007, 12:06
didn't realise virgin did telephone interviews...have they changed their process yet again?

I Just Want To Fly
18th Jan 2007, 17:26
Virgin likes to keep people guessing, by varying there recruitment processes, and waiting times.

Three weeks after I applied, I had a phone interview. Then two weeks later, I was invited to attend the interview.

It tooks 5 days to find out after the interview.

Good luck to all...!!!

Questions on the phone interview are basic examples of dealing with customers and problems and teamwork.

flyin bird
21st Jan 2007, 09:22
Hit there, could anyone help with any cheap and cheerful accomadation inthe area, Im due to start training with Virgin 25th Feb???
thnxs

NickyMcC
21st Jan 2007, 16:51
Hi Guys...

Just trying to fathom out how this system works??
Anyway, anyone got any tips for interview process for inflight beauty therapists?
Just trying to gauge what you are required to do on the day with regards trades tests and written papers?

Many Thanks xxx

AP
22nd Jan 2007, 12:10
Hi Bexter...in regards to training i may be wrong but i was told that you can't push the training date back. You have to tell them at your interview if you can't make the training date they tell you at the beginning of your interview, which is what i had to do.
Once your contract has been issued with your start date you can't change it.
First flight is generally 2 days after your wings ceremony which is when your training finishes. My friend started on the 8th jan and they have already got their rosters for Feb and most of them have flights 2 days after wings.

AP
22nd Jan 2007, 13:58
when you go for your assesment they tell you at the beginning of the day what date your training will start. Then when you have your 2-1 interview, tell them then that you can't make that date for whatever reason and they'l tell you the other dates that courses are starting. Thats what i did.
At the moment for the time being i think there are courses starting every week or every couple of weeks.:ok:

james2k7
25th Jan 2007, 08:33
Hey peeps,

well excited.. got a letter through this morning and have an interview day of FEB 8th!

Any one else?!

xx

:}

shaun ryder
25th Jan 2007, 13:05
hi guys , i left virgin a junior in july to pursue a career in short haul which to my dismay was harder work and paid less.

has anyone done the returners course lately ? know of any accomadation in crawley for the two weeks this takes ??

cheers

johnezy
25th Jan 2007, 16:43
hi i have an iterview with virgin on the 31st Jan, can't believe it!! :D really nervous about the day, anyone else have an interview on this day?

i really want to work for them, currently i work for easyjet and would love the travel you get with virgin, everytime i do a flight i just really want to get off the plane and explore, bit difficult with 20 min turnarounds lol

just so hope i get it! i have been doing loads of research on the company, so i can be as prepared as possible!:8

james2k7
26th Jan 2007, 08:45
Hey well done!

I have an interview on Feb 8th so am in the same boat!. Im pretty nervous myself as well, but also doing alot of reaserch etc and know what to expect (thanks to this site mainly!), which alot of people wont..

Please write up your thoughts etc after the interview and good luck!

:)

johnezy
26th Jan 2007, 17:24
hi cheers will do, good luck to you too also if you haven't there is a site wich is mainly for virgin passengers who love them! but it give a really good insight as to how virgin operate and what they are like from a pax piont of view http://www.v-flyer.com/ :ok:

Jenn
27th Jan 2007, 08:19
Hi Guys,

I also have an interview on the 9th Feb - im so excited!!

I sent me application off tuesday & recevied an invitation to the interview weds - crazy!!

Does any one have any idea about the format of the interview or any pointers etc etc?

Im surprised to have got this far and dnt want to mess things up on the day!!

Only 2 wks to wait!! Any feedbk wld be much appreciated!

Jenn

mamficat
28th Jan 2007, 16:57
Hi Jenn

I had a virgin interview about 2 wks ago and it really is nothing to worry about.

When you first get there the assessors are waiting to greet you by the lift as you get out, just smile and be friendly.

They do sometimes ask the reception staff what they thought of you aswell so smile and be nice to them aswell.

You are taken to a waiting area in the crew room to meet the other candidates, so again be friendly and interact as you are also being watched by the crews waiting to go for their flights in the crew room.

You are all taken into a room and each person has to introduce themselves and talk a little bit about what they are doing at the moment, hobbies etc.

you are then all given a card to read out and then you are split into groups for the group exercise.
You are given a list of ten things that passengers have said about virgin and have to discuss it with your group and decide in what order of importance that they should go before presenting it to them in no longer than 2 mins (there are no right or wrong answers, they just want to see you interacting)

After the group session you are given a maths test which is just basic stuff but does include working out time differences and also a memory test so make sure you remember names, dates,times, colours etc.. this is multiple choice. you are on a time limit for both test, i think it was around nine minutes for each and the pass mark was 50%.

Once you get through all of that you have your 2-1 where you will get all your competency question such as how do you have fun at work, give an example of when you have given good customer service, had to deal with a difficult passenger etc.. Just have some different answers to the ones you gave on your application form as you cant use those again.

It sound like a lot but they are really nice and it is a really fun day so just enjoy it.

james2k7
29th Jan 2007, 08:52
Hey mamficat..

Well done for getting through it all, keep us posted on how you got on!

I have my interview day on the 8th Feb

Was wondering roughly how many people got through to the 2:1 interview? and also, what would you say the average age of the people there was?..

Also, im worried about the Maths test, is it really nothing to worry about and just simple maths?

Anyway all the best!

Nath x

mamficat
29th Jan 2007, 13:43
Hi james2k7

Unfortunately I didnt get the job but hay it was good interview experience.
Everyone in my group got through to the 2-1 and my understanding is that if you passed the maths and memory test then you got an interview but dont quote me on that.

The maths test really was just simple stuff, adding up, multiplying and division and you can do all your workings out on the answer sheet.
I would say that the ages on my assessment ranged from 19-40.

Please dont worry too much and good luck

lil_tinkabell
29th Jan 2007, 14:49
hey sumeya
congrats on getting the job! i start my trainning for virgin atlantic on the the 5th march also. cant wait!what dya did ya have ur interview?just wondering if we were there on the same day?
Have ya found anywhere to live yet close by? im just looking ta the moment.
dannie.x

sumeya
29th Jan 2007, 15:50
hey sumeya
congrats on getting the job! i start my trainning for virgin atlantic on the the 5th march also. cant wait!what dya did ya have ur interview?just wondering if we were there on the same day?
Have ya found anywhere to live yet close by? im just looking ta the moment.
dannie.x

Hi Dannie!

Congratulations!!! Thats awesome! For a moment myself and a friend thought we were the only two people on the course starting the 5th of march! I had my interview on the 4th of January so probably a lil sooner than u had ur interview.

Not found anything yet ;( I'm looking for something that'll just cover me for the training period and gonna try commuting from the midlands after that. What are your plans? you going to relocate completely or just for the training period and where abouts are u from?

Sam.x.

mamficat
29th Jan 2007, 17:19
Hi Jenn,

They will let you know approx 7-10 days after your interview although I know of people who have had a phone call the next day.

They will tell you the course date when you get there, I think that they are running them all the time.

Everyone at my assessment got through to the 2-1 interview and the maths test is not multiple choice but is really not that difficult and as i said before the pass mark is only 50%.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

johnezy
30th Jan 2007, 15:39
hi i have my interview tomorrow 31st jan, does anyone else have one for this day? have been practicing my sums and reading up on them loads. really nervous :eek: but also looking forward to it at the same time, will be quite excited driving down to gatwick tomorrow. will let everyone know how i got on tomorrow when i get back. :ok:

Jenn
30th Jan 2007, 16:09
Good Luck with ur interview 2moro - I hope it goes really well!!

Looking forward to hearing how it goes!!

Jenn

sumeya
30th Jan 2007, 17:06
best of luck with ur interview tomorrow john!

keep us posted on how u get on!

Airlinegirl
30th Jan 2007, 19:59
Hi John

I have my interview tomorrow? What time is yours? I had to change mine tomorrow cause i couldnt make the original date! Mine is at 11.. so scared this is my second attempt at virgin and im really scared this time!!!:eek:

bcf&gloves
31st Jan 2007, 15:18
Hi

Can I just ask those of you who have just recently been for interviews with Virgin are they being held at Concord House? Only I been invited but was a little confused when it said Concord House always thought they held interviews at The Base!

Stupid I know but would like to make sure I'm going to the right place on the 15th Feb @ 0930 if anyone else is going to be there!

jamesfly
31st Jan 2007, 16:36
Hi guys,

Well I have taken the plunge and applied (online) for Virgin Cabin Crew. I already work for an airline on the ground and feel its time to move on.

I thought about applying a year and a half ago to Virgin and then got a paper application form sent out to me, but the other airline offered better pay and it seemed like a good idea at the time (it was, but I want to move on)

This time round I completed the application online ( is this something new??) and emailed/sent it today. Fingers crossed

I just wondering, in anyone's experiance what happens next? Is there a long wait? Do they have a holding pool? Does everyone get an invite to an assessment centre?

Thanks in advance

Jenn
31st Jan 2007, 17:08
Hi JamesFly,

I looked online today and saw that they had changed the process - how bizzare?! I only applied last wk and it was still paper based!!

I had to complete the paper app and send it bk which has hard work --- the boxes were FAR too small to write ur ans in!!

Basically I sent the app tues and had an invite for the ass day on the weds - im not sure that it ususally happens this quickly but i was vvvhappy!! I have an ass day nxt wk so again for me it has happened vvv quick!! Reading other ppls threads it sounds like they try to vary the app process to keep ppl guessing?!

Anyways a couple of the ppl on here had interviews today so hopefully they can give us some feedback - seems vvvscary!!

Jenn x

johnezy
31st Jan 2007, 18:07
hi all!

well i had my interview today (31st jan) it was at concorde house which is the virgin crew room. The day was really good, the recruitment team did a fantastic job to try and ensure everyone felt welcomed and comfortable, they really eased my nerves. The day went very fast and i got through to the 2 to 1 interview at the end. My interview felt quite rushed and it kind of took me unaware but i think i managed to answer all the questions as best i could and i know full well that the recruitment team know exactly what they want to see and hear. It may even have been that they had already made their minds up.

the day was fantastic and nothing to be too worried about. all i have to do now is wait and see, this is the frustraiting bit!!! i'm so excited to hear how i did. as soon as i know i will let you all know. well done to everyone who had their interview today and those who are waiting, best of luck and don't worry too much about it, the team are very good and also want the day to be fun and i garuntee it will be !! lol :D

Jenn
31st Jan 2007, 19:31
JamesEZY,

Can i ask what type of ques did they ask u in ur one to one? you say it seemed quite rushed why was that?

How many of you were there in total? Did many ppl leave after each stage? or all until the 2:1

Sry for the ques but as im sure u know im so intrigued!!

Jenn

jamesfly
1st Feb 2007, 10:46
Hi Jenn

Maybe they want people to apply online as it takes too long to do the paper based application?? I'm not sure.

I must admit the paper application seemed like a bit of a chore and the two boxes definately didn't seem like much!

I had a missed call on my mobile and home phone this morning...but no message left, maybe it was them....who knows.

I'm getting the impression that they are trying to get crew recruited quickly.

johnezy
1st Feb 2007, 17:15
hi jenn

the queations they ask you are very standard interview questions im not going to list them as it would be unfair. but i will say that they want some good examples of customer service. My questions were fired at me lol thats why it seemed rushed and i was kind of cut short on my answers. but all in all a very good experience, wheather i get it or not. still nothing today i was secretly hoping to get a call today as i know from previous posts that people do hear quite quckly and then some people are left in the dark for a few days so will just have to wait and see. i do hate this waiting though :ugh:

johnezy
1st Feb 2007, 17:29
hi Jenn thanx new you'ld understand lol :ok:
i forgot to say that we started off with 10 i think we were the 4th group of the day we were 6 by the interview stage they seemed to do the "no" after your tests (wich are very easy really, don't know why i was so worried about them) then you get your interview i was the last to be interviewed. I started at 11:30 am and was all done by 15:30 so quite a fast day comared to other airline interviews i've done in the past.

Princessjalee
1st Feb 2007, 22:30
Hi all,
After a little advice! Arent we all! hehe!
When i first decided that i want to go into this line of work the only company i wanted to work for were virgin. So i was a bit disheartened when six months ago i applied and never even got an interview (Think i tried too hard maybe!)
So in the meantime i went to my first interview with a charter airline.....i got the job....and i am due to start on march 6th (if not just to get exp for virgin!). However still dream of working for virgin! So two days ago filled in another application and today heard i have an interview on feb 21st!!!!!
From what i have seen on some of these forums virgin can take as much as 2 weeks to get back to u which would lead me right up to march 6th not knowing what im doing!
I really dont want to miss this oppourtunity but im also worried about the possibility of - if i get virgin - letting this other company down right at the 11th hour. Plus if ive signed a contract am i tied down?
Any advice welcomed! Sorry its a bit of a rant, just in mixed emotions! :rolleyes: lol!
Jade x

Airlinegirl
2nd Feb 2007, 05:48
Hi Jade

Why dont you try ringing Virgin to change the date of your interview to the beginning of next week? They will do that.. i did it this time.. and see what happens.. i think thats the only thing you can do!!!

Hope that helps!! :)

Princessjalee
2nd Feb 2007, 08:23
Hi airline girl,

Thanks. I did think about doing that but thought it might look a bit cheeky.

Did you get the job?

I want this so bad that i dont really want to do anything to jepordise it or put a black mark next to my name!!!

Thanks again - Jade x

bcf&gloves
2nd Feb 2007, 13:34
Hi Jamesfly

The on-line is a new feature as I had never come accross it before with VS.
I applied last Friday afternoon, and received and e-mail on Monday morning inviting me to an assessment day on the 15th Feb!

Having read all the posts on here, looking forward to the day. Fingers crossed all goes well!

Good luck with you application!:ok:

Princessjalee
2nd Feb 2007, 14:28
To let you know i rang virgin and the only other date they could give me was the 19th 2 days earlier - had already booked a room for the night before the 21st though so seemed silly to lose that money for the sake of 2 days - if it was sooner i would have done!

Just have to hope it works out i guess!

So guys - what are the tips for the interview? What preperation do i need to do? What sort of q's?

Every little helps!

Ta xx

johnezy
2nd Feb 2007, 15:58
hi all well it's friday and i have heard....nothing!! my phone rang today about 12ish i got really excited and my heart was bounding when i answered and a voice said is this john? i answered and really did think it was virgin :ooh: but it turned out to be my dentist reminding me of a check up on monday!! :( lol so i suppose i will have to wait out the weekend now and hopefully get a call on monday, or a turn down letter. i really hate all this waiting i just want to know now either way so i can get on with things. :ugh: Oh well i suppose i better just learn to be patient :)

Princessjalee
2nd Feb 2007, 16:40
John, ruubish that you have to wait! They should just tell you the next day.....im sure it doesnt take THAT long to decide! lol!

How was the interview anyways? Take your mind off it and help me out! hehe!

Jade x

Airlinegirl
2nd Feb 2007, 16:43
Oh bless John.. i know the waiting is awful.. I wish they would just ring you the next day even if you havent got it.. it would save so much stress.. I was a mess at work today.. but its the weekend now so ill try and forget about it although it will be hard!! I really hope ive got it.. i certainly dont want to have to go through it again.. twice is enough!!

johnezy
2nd Feb 2007, 16:48
yeah i know what you mean it was a great experience but i dont think i can go through all this again and on top of it have to wait 6 months to re-aply!!! thanks for everyones support i just hope i get it, otherwise i'll be doomed to wonder the ailse of 737's dressed in orange forever!!!:rolleyes:

I Just Want To Fly
3rd Feb 2007, 14:31
Hi John, Good luck! I really hope you get it! I had to wait about 5 working days for my contract. They are still much better than many airlines.

I used to be with EZY too, at LGW. It seems that Virgin really likes EZY crew, we are safety oriented and hard working!

Training is much harder at Virgin, so be prepared for a lot of hard work!!! I'm half way through SEP and am so mentally drained!

Good luck to all!

TightSlot
4th Feb 2007, 16:24
Posts deleted again today on this thread due to the use of Nokia Speak - save it for text messages - in here, we post in English. Think of it as training for the interview...

kmp1
4th Feb 2007, 17:14
LOL ! Thanks tightslot! It was getting really annoying!! :ugh:

awesome1
4th Feb 2007, 22:28
What are your Thought's?

GTCrew
4th Feb 2007, 23:03
I have an interview this friday for the position of Cabin Crew with Virgin Atlantic... however, and eventhough I believe my english level is very good, I don´t live in an english speaking country... do you think an accent could be a problem? Is it necessary to bring a printed CV with you to the interview? Also... any suggestions on how to behave during the interview... what to wear and what to expect in order to be better prepared, and last... do they actually hire male flight attendats? I'm starting to realize I've never actually seen a male cabin crew member on any Virgin flight...

johnezy
5th Feb 2007, 12:17
well it monday and still nothing! oh well any day now, i suppose like everyone says on here no news is good news! hopfully i should hear this week.

GTCrew: wait till you get there you will see loads of male cabin crew working for virgin and some of them will no doubt not be from the UK. wear a clean smart suit and ensure you are clean shaven, be polite to EVERYBODY and smile loads. You don't need to take a CV, and remember if they didn't want to hire you, you wouldn't be invited to an interview!!!
best of luck :ok: :ok:

GTCrew
5th Feb 2007, 17:12
Thanks for the advise johnezy! Wish me luck! :uhoh:

flytrompy
6th Feb 2007, 07:58
Hi everybody !!!!!!!!!!!

I have my interview with VA tomorrow and I am wondering if is anybody here who can help me with some advices and maybe some information about the group activities, tests and 1:2 interview.

Thank you a lot.

flytrompy

Airhostessdream
6th Feb 2007, 10:40
Hi Everyone!

As my post keeps getting suddenly deleted, yet for the third time, Can anybody help me with any information or advice regarding working as ground staff for Virgin Atlantic. I would be extremly grateful If anyone who has done the job or is in the position now could please private message me.
Thankyou.

johnezy
6th Feb 2007, 12:12
hi well just to keep you all informed i haven't heard anything as yet, but its only 4 working days so i'll just try and stay patient, wounder how long it takes them to send out rejection letters?!

jamesfly
6th Feb 2007, 12:34
Hi bcg&gloves.

Well, I got the email inviting for an interview/assessment last week of feb :D :D :D

I'm getting nervous already though as I really want to give this Virgin Position a go.

I'm scared :{

tiggerific_69
6th Feb 2007, 13:05
hi guys,ive also got an interview on 27th Feb. Does anybody know how far it is from the short stay car parks mentioned in the email, to Concorde House and how you get there,as i intend on driving to the interview because i wont be able to get public transport (im staying out in the sticks a few miles from gatwick)

johnezy
6th Feb 2007, 14:25
hi, from the short stay car park (remember what level and row cause it's hudge!) enter the terminal for depatures. Walk through to zone A, thats where the Virgin check in desks are, also easyjet oppersite. if you look in the corner you will see the easyjet ticket desk next to that are some toilets and two sets of big double doors. Go through these dorrs and down the stairs. This will bring you outside, and you'll be looking at Concorde house. All the main airlines have their crew rooms here. look right and you'll see the entrance, go in! on your right will be a coffee shop and in front of you are some lifts, get in! go to the second floor and you will be met by some very friendly Virgin crew who will take it from there!!!

It take about 10mins to walk from the car park to the Virgin crew room, and will cost you £9 ish for the car park. best of luck and have fun :ok:

bcf&gloves
6th Feb 2007, 14:50
Hi Jamefly,
Well good luck with your assessment day! Was feeling calm but as it gets closer to the day starting to feel the nerves kicking in. It feels weird really as I already fly but really would love to work for VS always have done, but always thought I'd never get in!
Also good luck to anyone else attending interviews/assessments!

Johnezy - hope you here soon, the waiting is just the worst!

tiggerific_69
6th Feb 2007, 19:53
thanks John :)

Airlinegirl
6th Feb 2007, 19:58
Oh God... i had a missed call and an answer message on my mobile.. thought it was virgin.. but alas it wasnt!! I cant take the pressure!!

John - from my last attempt in july my letter came exactly 1 week to the day.. but hopefully this wont be a rejection letter!! Let me know as soon as you hear and ill do the same.. would be good if we both get it.. then we will know someone else on our trainign group!! Ekk i have everything crossed for us!! And everyone else.. Good luck all!!:confused:

johnezy
7th Feb 2007, 00:19
really 1 week to the day well then tomorrow may just be the day,:eek: im working tomorrow so wont see any post till about 5pm so will have to just try and take my mind of it. reading the previous posts there seems to be quite a few of people from here attending an interview day tomorrow, good luck all of you and, i hope you all do well. remember keep smiling (till it hurts!!!):)

tiggerific_69
7th Feb 2007, 09:57
has anyone who applied online received a paper application pack in the post?slightly confuzzled as the letter with it says that if i pass the screening stages, i'll be invited for an interview at "the office".yet,ive already got an interview,at concorde house.have rang virgin but there was no answer.any suggestions?

FLYING GER
7th Feb 2007, 10:23
Hey Tigerific69,:)

I applied online last Thursday and heard by email on Monday 5th feb that i have an interview on 27th Feb @9am.

I have not received any further communication on this and have booked my flights to fly down from GLA that morning.

I got the ref form to be completed and in the process of filliing this out just now.

Nice to know someone else is on an interview that date!

johnezy
7th Feb 2007, 20:09
well here we go another day and nothing im afraid.:{ never mind though there's still plenty of time lol! i have heard that instead of phoning you they send your result by post so will now have to keep an eye out for the post man. Just hope it doesn't get lost in all this snow we are supposed to be getting!! Wish i was working for them now though as it's freezing and a little trip to DXB or MBJ would go down a treat!! :)

ARGON1980
8th Feb 2007, 01:50
how does virgin contact you to tell u that u got an interview??

FLYING GER
8th Feb 2007, 07:17
I applied online last Friday and got an email on Monday inviting me for a group interview on 27th Feb.

Depends how you applied online?

If it was by paper based then you would get a letter i think.

How long ago did you apply?

bcf&gloves
8th Feb 2007, 14:02
Hi Tiggerific 69!
If you applied online I would have thought you would have received an e-mail. I applied online and got an email approx 2 days later inviting me to an assessment on the 15th Feb. Is there anyone else on here going to be there on that day?
Johnezy - I really feel for you, waiting is horrible, and if your like me you can't think of anything else!

jamesfly
8th Feb 2007, 15:03
has anyone who applied online received a paper application pack in the post?slightly confuzzled as the letter with it says that if i pass the screening stages, i'll be invited for an interview at "the office".yet,ive already got an interview,at concorde house.have rang virgin but there was no answer.any suggestions?

Hi Tiggerific 69!

I think there has been a cross over between VS systems, as by all accounts the "Online" application form is quite a recent feature, as opposed to the "Old Style" way of "telephoning" for an paper application form. I clearly remember a warning message stating "DO NOT APPLY ONLINE FOR ROLE OF CABIN CREW" and it gave you the number.

I telephoned for an application form (many months ago) and five days later I got an application folder with a letter stating that if I pass this stage I will be invited for an interview. I didn't bother with filling out the application.

Last week I was browsing the VS site and noticed that the warning message for the "DO NOT APPLY ONLINE FOR ROLE OF CABIN CREW" has gone and I was able to fill out the application online.

Two days later I received an invitation for assessment...monday two weeks.

So I would just ignore the letter and paper application you've received and attend your interview as normal.

johnezy
8th Feb 2007, 15:50
OH MY GOD!! I have a latter from Virgin:eek: .....

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I start on the 19th Mar, anyone else on this day? all i have to do now is find somewhere to stay during my course.
I'm so excited! :D :D :D :D :D

Airlinegirl; Have you heard yet?

Jodi77
8th Feb 2007, 16:05
Hey

I also got my letter to say I got the job today, I also had my interview on 31st Jan.
I too start my training on 19th March, am also looking for place to stay!!

Congratulations!!

Princessjalee
8th Feb 2007, 16:40
.....to jodi and john!

So happy for you guys! Was starting to come on here just to see if you'd heard john! lol!

Anyways seeing as you both obviously did so well in your interviews do u have any tips for little old me?

x Jade x

johnezy
8th Feb 2007, 16:41
cool, well done you!
yeah is a bit of a pain i live in Luton so its a little too far to commute everyday and would interfere with my course making me tired and not letting do the revision the course needs

james2k7
8th Feb 2007, 17:46
Well done for getting the job guys!

I just had my interview day today and passed everything and had the final interview.. I was told if i get the job i would be starting training on the 19th March soooooo fingers crossed!

xx

:}

Jodi77
8th Feb 2007, 17:59
Yes I know I live in Bedford so too far for me too, looks like b&b's are a bit expensive though.

Jade - Defintley just be yourself at interview, smile lots and be confident. It's good fun and met lots of nice people x

johnezy
8th Feb 2007, 18:00
Cool well done,:D im just trying to find accomodation now found a good website for b&b's so have emailed a few and see what deals they can do me!!
they do let you know by post and you'll get a big letter if your successful, which i hope you are cause we'll be on the same course :ok:

Jenn
8th Feb 2007, 18:07
WELL DONE GUYS!!

I bet u are both sooo pleased that the wait is finally over!!

I have my interview 2moro - so one wait will finally be over ...... and another one will start!! Sounds like it was basically a week before u both heard .....sounds like torture to me!!

Best of Luck & hopefully I may be joining you!!

Jenn

lukeylad
8th Feb 2007, 18:15
Ive just posted my forms off with the little post card today.

Could any one tell me how long it takes for them to respond?

james2k7
8th Feb 2007, 18:43
Hey, it took a week in all for me from sending off my form, to recieving the postcard back AND then a letter with the interview date etc.., but i have heard others have hear much quicker than that, so i guess it just depends!

Jenn good luck for tomorrow, it really wasnt as bad as i thought.. i was really nervous to begin with but quickly calmed down, the guys make u feel really welcome and relaxed. I think just be yourself, smile all the time and make sure you take part in all the group activities etc, but dont be boosy.. just try and work together with the people you are put with.

I hope i get the job soooooo much! the interview wait was bad enough, now the final dreaded wait has begun lol!

good luck 2 everyone and keep us all posted as 2 how it goes!

xx

stace2212
9th Feb 2007, 08:49
I managed to get an interview on 13th Feb & have been really excited! But as it is now only a few days away I am scraed as hell! I have never applied to an airline before & have no idea what to expect... If anybody could give me some kind of idea as to what I wil have to do there it would be really helpful?

bcf&gloves
9th Feb 2007, 12:36
Just wanted to say "Congratulations!" to you all on getting the job. Good luck with your training!

Just looking forward to my assessment day next week!

DECOFLY
9th Feb 2007, 13:06
I was wondering if it's really important learn about the company history and achievements, routes they fly, etc. By the way does anyone know if it's 27 routes they fly to? :ugh:

Congratulations to all hired and good luck to the rest of us waiting on assessment days and outcomes. xx

Big Junglie
9th Feb 2007, 15:19
Hi, I was hoping someone could post some up to date info on the levels of pay, allowances and any other income. My *friend (who's crap with computers!) is thinking of applying but she has been in the industry a while and she's wondering how much of a hit she would have to take to the income to become one of the exalted few!! What is promotion like and are you having fun!!
Well done to all those who got in recently!:ok:

johnezy
9th Feb 2007, 17:04
As far as i'm aware, speaking to my friends who already work for them, the pay is pretty good, it's just that you get a large proportion paid in cash down route, so you have to be really disaplined with yourself to try and save some to take home. The money and benefits really isn't as bad as people make out, it's just because it doesn't all go straight into your bank account that people say it's low paid. (will find out soon enough!) As far as i know, if you have been flying for a while and already are a purser with your current airline, and meet their criteria then they will consider you for a fast track system, but thats all i know about that.:)

Big Junglie
9th Feb 2007, 18:51
Thanks for the post Johnezy, good info in there, can anyone put figures to details? Cheers.

johnezy
9th Feb 2007, 19:04
your welcome! the info i have so far is £10,185 per annum basic for the first year which will then rise to £11,530. your sector pay depends on how long your flight is, and you get your stopover pay depending on where you are, and how long for so these last two vary.

If you go onto www.cabincrew.com (http://www.cabincrew.com) and look at the forum on there, there is, under the virgin topic a thread all about the salary. The thread is virgin pay lets stop the rumours, and several crew have given some recent trips and what they got payed for them that is a real big help.:)

Big Junglie
9th Feb 2007, 19:39
Great stuff Johnezy, thanks. The website had a lot of useful information, just goes to show, it's out there if you know where to look!:ok:

johnezy
9th Feb 2007, 23:06
Cool, well i hope you hear soon, they will post you a pack rather than phone you. Well i've sent my contract and medical off today so will wait to hear on anymore news. still looking for accom although i think the average price is going to be £90 per week. right off for a bath then bed doing what easyjet crew call a lisbon triangle!! or lesbian triangle (LTN-LIS-CDG-LTN)tomorrow morning so need my sleep!!!:zzz:

Jodi77
10th Feb 2007, 10:04
Hey!!
Fingers crossed for u then! May be starting training together. I found accom for £90 a week. It's through an agent called gatwick crew accommodation. You rent a room, in someone's house and are able to use all of their facilities, so that is the best thing I've found so far. B&B's work out quite expensive.

Let me know how you get on, good luck! x

FLY DAVY
10th Feb 2007, 14:39
I flew home from JFK to LHR on the VS46 on thursday 8th feb and was talking to a steward about his job etc as I was due to start as cabin crew with Virgin on the 2nd Jan.

I would like to contact him and wondered if anyone could help me, he was Irish with dark spiky hair, he has been flying for Virgin for 2 years and his next flight is to Shanghai on tueaday 13th Feb, he may of been called Chris but i'm not 100% sure!!!

If anyone could help me please feel free to pm me.

Thanks

David.

Virgin Boi
10th Feb 2007, 15:49
If you do manage to find out his name, PM me a message (for him) and I'll drop file it for you. The description rings a bell but the guy isnt called Chris!

changes2007
10th Feb 2007, 18:39
I was wondering if you could give me your views on the current VS recruitment. Back in December my postal application got rejected and I didn't get an interview. Like anyone I was gutted and confused as I thought I had done a decent application. I now have to wait the 6mnths before trying again. My main concern is that I know right now they are heavily recruiting but in 6mnths when I can try again do you think it's likely that they will have filled enough positions and possibly close recruitment for a while or even for the year?? Please let me know. I'm even tempted to just try again as they've now introduced the online application but don't want to ruin my chances???

Virgin Boi
11th Feb 2007, 10:06
Changes2007,

Of course I cant tell you for certain if and when we'll stop recruiting for initial crew, however, a couple of points you may wish to know...

We have been recruiting constantly (i.e. around 20 new starters per week, on some occasions rising to around 40 per week - 2 courses) for the last few years.

We have several brand new aircraft still on order to be delivered.

We have an old aircraft re-joining the fleet soon (from Virgin Nigeria).

We are starting 3 new routes this year, (Nairobi, Mauritius, Chicago) and the rumours are that there may even be a 4th.

We are shortly to double capacity on an existing route (IAD).

Add to all of the above that at the moment we are desperately, and I really do mean desperately short of crew - so much so that it is very rare for a flight to go with a full crew compliment at the moment...

Personally, I dont see us stopping recruitment any time soon, but of course thats just my opinion as a crew member.

Hope that helps to reassure you a bit...

Oh and dont give up, they love persistence! :ok:

johnezy
11th Feb 2007, 15:47
hi
a forth route? really that's exciting! i wounder where, south america is the only place not on virgin's routes i wonder if mexico or brazil would be one of the new routes they are considering.
Also does anyone know if all your training is at LGW or do some days require you to be over at LHR?

Cosmic Girl
11th Feb 2007, 18:15
All training is done at the base in lgw.Only time u will be going up to lhr is for aircraft visits during sep.:ok:

johnezy
11th Feb 2007, 19:13
cool cheers just going off something i heard lol

Cabinstar
12th Feb 2007, 23:42
Is it true that virgin do blood tests as part of their medical assessment?If they do what are they for??

johnezy
13th Feb 2007, 17:07
nobody has mentioned bloodtests to me! but i am still a long way off my course, i dont think they do unless they have a very good reason.

EKBird
14th Feb 2007, 12:21
Hiya all,

Received my contract this morning :) and my training starts on the 26th March. Anyone else on the same course?

rubyrocks118
14th Feb 2007, 15:41
Hi everyone, hope your all ok,

OMG i'm so excited i got an interview at Concorde house on 5th March @ 0930 has anyone else got an interview for this day. Really nervous but excited as this has been my dream job since i was 16, but never had the chance to do it due to housing commitments,Has anyone got any tips that could be useful to me for the assessment day, i'd be extremely grateful for your help.

Look forward to hearing from you.:)

GTCrew
14th Feb 2007, 15:53
Congratulations Johnezy!!! Thank you for the advise... I had my interview on friday morning... I think it went ok, the only thing I'm scared about is that at the end of the 2:1 interview the VS person asked me if I would apply for Virgin again... :{ They also told me they have 2 trainings starting in march, one on the 19th and anothe one on th 23rd.... GOOD LUCK!

Jenn
14th Feb 2007, 16:38
Hey All,

I had my interview Friday morning also & recvd my contract thru the post this morning!!

Im soooooooooooooooooo hpy I cant even begin to describe it!!

Im gonna be a virgin .......wohooo!! Such a fab feeling!!

Jenn

EKBird
14th Feb 2007, 16:47
Don't worry GTCrew, they asked me if I'd re-apply too and I got the job. Check you're private messages.

johnezy
14th Feb 2007, 19:42
hi GTS yeah they asked me that and i also ask that to my interviewee's when i interview for easyjet so nothing to worry about there now all you have to do is wait you're going to hate it!!! you'll jump everytime the post arrives lol!!:D

EKbird i take it from your name you're ex emirates where you on my interview day on the 31st?

EKBird
14th Feb 2007, 21:37
Hey johnezy, Yeah, I was with EK for 4 years and GF for 4 before that. I was at the same interview as GTC on the 9th.

johnezy
14th Feb 2007, 22:05
ah cool ok, not the same girls i was thinking of, when i had my interview there was a girl there from EK she was really nice i'm sure she nust have got the job! oh well congratulations.:D

james2k7
15th Feb 2007, 14:34
Hi guys hows it going?

Had my interview last week and i am going away tomorrow for a week..

Anyway, i phoned Virgin today and asked if they could give me any information on my application (as i will be away for a week) and i was told that a letter has been sent out and i should be recieving it shortly..

im panicing now. I assume a "letter" means i aint got the job! Is this definate do ya think, would they actually tell me over the phone if i had the job or a contract was sent out?!

HELP!

A very worried J xx

Elzibubs
15th Feb 2007, 19:52
Hi All!

This is my first post..... Hi Jenn!

Really scared now... I was on the same interview as Jenn, last Fri...and I still have not heard anything :bored: ...this is scary stuff! It will be 7 days (inc. weekend) 2moro. Hopefully the postman will put me out of my misery 2moro! hehe!

#Stop! Wait a minute Mr.Postman!# :O

Jenn
15th Feb 2007, 20:50
Posted in Nokia Speak

spacehopper
15th Feb 2007, 21:42
Can anyone tell me what the waitlist is like for VA to be based at Man?
I used to work with a girl who went to VA at London bases and was only there 9 months before being offered MAN then someone else said they waited 7 years!!! and do they ever recruit directly for MAN?
Also anyone who may commute from Yorkshire who can give me advice this would be very much appreciated!
Many Thanks

jjflug
16th Feb 2007, 09:41
Hey - Just got my details through to start trainin on 26 March!!! Well happy!! I'm not from around LGW so need to try find some accomodation for the training!!! Doh!! Any advice on where to go or even better has anyone got anything available temporarily??? Send me a private message if u like??? hehe x

Cheers - j x

bcf&gloves
16th Feb 2007, 11:26
Well I had my interview yesterday, really enjoyed the day!
Just as I left my 2-2-1 interview I am sure that Rob the interviewer said I would hear via e-mail?! Think this was a mistake on my part! :confused: Think that I was just so releived to have got this far I had kind of miss heard! Oops!

So know it's just the waiting, which I know will drive me mad :ugh:

MzGuilty
16th Feb 2007, 12:36
Hi Spacehopper

No, Virgin don't recruit for the MAN base, it's purely transfer. You can put your name on the transfer list after you have completed your probation (six months), and then it's on a first come, first served basis, ie the order people put their name on the list. I put my name on the list four months ago, and I'm still a long way from the top. I checked about a month ago, and there's lots after me too. Apparently, by the time you get the call, some on the list have left or changed their mind etc.

As for commuting, it's exhausting PM me if you want any more info.

jamesfly
16th Feb 2007, 14:10
Hi all,

Have my assessment day on the 26th Feb....and it is getting close! :eek:

Is there anyone else going on this day?

I was speaking with a few VS crew who were commuting up to GLA/NCL last week and they had some good tips about this so called "Virgin Flair"

I'm still scared! :eek:

P.s Congrats Jenn

FLYING GER
16th Feb 2007, 15:28
Mine is on the 27th Feb!

I will be commuting from Glasgow.

So what did they say re:Virgin Flair?

Are you nervous?

stanleystan
17th Feb 2007, 01:31
I heard yesterday that i got the job. I didn't think it had gone too well but obv i was wrong! My course is on the 26th March, can't wait!!

DECOFLY
17th Feb 2007, 16:35
How many questions do you get in the assessment and how many people are interviewing you? Thanks in advance for your replies. xx

bcf&gloves
18th Feb 2007, 10:52
Hi guys,

I had my interview on Thursday, and received my contract on Saturday I can't beleive it! So I'll be joining you other guys on the 26th!

I am so pleased as I never thought I'd get it!

Good luck to everyone who has an interview coming up!

bcf&gloves
18th Feb 2007, 10:55
Hi Decofly,

Well they ask you questions on customer service, apptitude etc, to be honest I can't remember exactly how many, but it felt like it went really quickly! Just be yourself, and answer the question and try not to "waffle on!" as I have done before now!

There where 8 of us at my assessment day.

If can be of anymore help drop me a line!

ChrissyB
18th Feb 2007, 14:22
OMG!!!:O STANLEYSTAN! You and I are on the same course! I just found out I got the job with Virgin, Im also starting on the 26th of March and im absolutely over the moon about it. I just hope that this girl I was with during my interview gets the job too. She was absolutely amazing and she sooo deserves to get a job with Virgin because she was just wondeful lol.
Cant wait to get down to Crawley and start!

QRCC2B
18th Feb 2007, 14:57
It seems they are continuously recruiting. Why is that; is it because they are expanding or because of crew resigning?

QRCC2B

vodkaholic
18th Feb 2007, 15:13
I have heard that they have a very high turnover of staff. currently, a lot of flights are going minimum crew because they are so short staffed. i dont work for virgin, this is just what i have been told by people that do. virgin have been running initial SEP courses every single week for the last 2 years or so i believe. so every week they take on about 20 new staff.......:ugh:

I Just Want To Fly
18th Feb 2007, 17:28
The massive recruitment is due to a combination of factors. The new routes, new aircraft, and staff turnover. Who cares, there are heaps of jobs out there, which is great! There are currently 48 crew starting every week, including about 24 IFBTs per month.

FYI: New crew are only being trained on A346 and B744. We have not been trained on the A343 as there are only 5 in the fleet, and they will eventually be replaced. We have been told that we may be converted onto the A343 at a later date.

Virgin is by no means a perfect company, and there are varying degrees of happiness within the company. THE PAY IS CRAP, but still enough to live on, particularly if you save some of your allowances, the crew are nice, the trips are good lengths - one third 1 night, one third 2 nights, one third 3-5 nights.

I have 12 clear days off in March, with trips to Vegas, NY and a 5 night Antigua - Can't wait!!! Plus the V-Swap system allows you to swap all your trips without hastle! For me, all this is much better than 4 sector days at my old LoCo.

DECOFLY
19th Feb 2007, 20:23
Thanks for your quick reply! How many recruiters? xx

GTCrew
19th Feb 2007, 20:31
Decofly... it's a 2:1 interview... there are 2 recruiters, one of them asking you questions and the other one writes down every single word you say! You're seated right in front of each other (no table in between) but don't worry... they're very friendly and try to calm you down... :ok: Good luck!

tiggerific_69
19th Feb 2007, 21:41
I Just Want To Fly - one of the most honest, to the point and informative posts about Virgin.
Just how bad is the pay?everywhere you search there are different amounts so just trying to get an average..
How did you find the training?I believe its 6 weeks,am i correct?

Princessjalee
20th Feb 2007, 09:11
Interview tomorrow - arrrrrggggghhh! x

bcf&gloves
20th Feb 2007, 09:16
Good luck for tomorrow Princessjalee!

Decofly - as already posted it's a 2:1 interview, however I had another person observing aswell!

Princessjalee
20th Feb 2007, 10:04
Oh yeah i was going to ask about that actually. On my interview letter it said that it would be a one to one but i always thought they were 2:1?

Jade x

jetgirl_99
20th Feb 2007, 10:11
Any rough ideas on how long its taking to hear if you've got an interview? Been waiting over a week now but have had the postcard back. Only asking as last summer I heard 3 days after sending off the application!

Also, do any current Virgins know if the recommend a friend form counts for anything anymore?

Cheers

Princessjalee
20th Feb 2007, 10:18
I applied online and heard within 2 days. But i should imagine it does take longer via post. I did it online as i never recieved my application through the post!!! x

jetgirl_99
20th Feb 2007, 10:53
Ah, maybe they're prioritising this new online application over paper ones. Good luck with your interview PrincessJalee!

Princessjalee
20th Feb 2007, 11:39

EKBird
20th Feb 2007, 12:36
I applied online and 11hrs later I had an invitation for an interview a week later. Had my interview and found out 5 days after (including a weekend) that I got the job. :ok: I know that this sounds very cliche'd but try your best not to be too nervous. I found the interview very relaxed and fun. The recruiters are lovely and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Just read through all the posts on here reguarding the interview, they pretty much sum up exactly what goes on. It is not a competition and there are not limited positions available. Basically, if they feel that you have the qualities and personality that they are looking for, you will get the job :) . Good luck, I have my fingers and toes crossed for you all!

EKBird (soon to be VSBird :p )

GTCrew
20th Feb 2007, 15:01
Hello everyone... I just found out I did get the job... :D :ok: My training begins on the 19th of March and I'm SO HAPPY!! Hope to hear from anyone else who's also starting on the same day and to all of you still pending an interview I wish you my very best!

Virgin_girlie
20th Feb 2007, 18:17
Hi everyone!!! My name's Jill, I had my interview on Friday and got my contract through this morning!!! Can't believe how quick it was - I'm ECSTATIC!!! :D Start my training on 26th March, like a few of you, so that's cool! Just panickin tryin to find a flat now! See ya all on the 26th! :ok:

bcf&gloves
20th Feb 2007, 19:21
Congratulations Virgin Girlie and GTCrew!

See you at "The Base"!

ChrissyB
20th Feb 2007, 19:43
Ok so I was at the interview on the 19th of feb at 9.30 and I met this girl called Pamela there and I was with her all day and we even flew home together. She was absolutely amazing and made me feel so confident and comfortable throughout the entire day. She even cleverly got us upgraded to use the business class lounge at gatwick for our return flight the little minx!
I got the job and I dont think I would of calmed down enough during the interview if it wasnt for her haha. Anyway Pamela if your out there post a reply.

Congrats to everyone that got a job, Il see you at the base! Oh yeh and to anyone whos training begins on the 26th of march, I can't wait to meet you! xxxxxxxxx

xana
20th Feb 2007, 21:12
hi everyone!
i didnt posted on pprune after a long time.. i applied exactly a year ago to BA (heathrow worldwide) and unfortunately didnt get the job. i was very sad because i really thought i could be a great cabin crew. i have been working as a dispensing optician for 10 years in the same company, and i really want to change!
i havent gone to other airlines interviews because i need 2 travel to london for interview, which means spending €€€€€! so im going to try now with virgin and i really hope i get it! im gonna try and finish my application tomorrow so i need ur help!
1 - my qualifications is of the portuguese system, so i dont know too well how to put that on the application. for options, it says the qualification can be from UK, africa or caribbean, and shows no other countries! also, now im taking up school again because i didnt finish my education. i think it is gcse standard (9º ano/year10), and it is the obligatory education in portugal. i also attended the next year of school, but have no written public exams. but because it was from a long time ago, the government gives it an equivalence to 12º ano/year13, which is like doing a-levels... so i dont know what to put... and i also dont know if to put the average of the certificate i got in all subjects, or individually for each subject. but it was so long ago, do u think they will really look at that, because i have a lot more experience (customer service, etc) which is much more relevant for cabin crew? also, will they ask for a copy of the qualifications? and should i also include a certificate i got in an english course i tok, would that help? it would be great to have ur advice.
2 - also, i dont know if i should put work experience before my current job or not... because i've been here for 10 years and i can get a reference from my current job, and the jobs i have before i lost touch with my bosses so it would b difficult to get a reference. i think cos ive been here 10 years it's enough for airside clearance, what do u think? should i include past employment anyway?
3 - if i get virgin (fingers crossed i will!!!), will i be able to commute straight away from lisbon, for example, wiht the travel benefits? or will i have to wait 6 months to get them, which will mean i have to live in london until i get my travel benefits so i can commute at a low cost? im not sure how the benefits work in these situations. because it's long haul, i suppose it will be easier for me to commute, so...

these are all the questions i have for now.. it would be great if u could try to answer them! i would be really thankful!! it would be my dream to get this job and get out of here for a while to experience something new.... i need it!!!!! im already putting money aside that i will need to pay for the tickets and the hotel for if i am called for interview... i hope my dream can come true!!!
thank you everyone!

SavannahTT
20th Feb 2007, 22:22
I know it is standard to ask for details of absence from work in cabin crew application forms. I applied to Virgin about 6 months ago and didn't get it after interview. At that time I hadn't had any days off work in the past 12 months so I didn't need to fill that part of the form out. I am away to re-apply to Virgin. However since my last interview I have been signed off work by the Dr for 2 weeks (all at once) because of a skin infection. I don't require time off work anymore and its no longer an issue. In my whole working career this is the first sick days I have taken. What I was worried about though was that they will hold this against me on an application form and not invite me to interview, does anyone know if that would be likely?

Also do they look at your medical records or do they just give you their own company medical? Someone once said to me that former employers are not allowed to give new employers details on any absences...is that true?

Or if anyone has any advice in general as to how to tackle this question on a form and the implications any absences may or may not have I would really appreciate it (even comments about other airlines policy in regards to this)

I'm maybe panicing, I don't know. I just want to give myself the best chance second time around.

Thank you!!

r.s
20th Feb 2007, 22:59
Hi, when I applied to Virgin, I'd had three weeks off sick for surgery and recovery after within the last two months and it didn't stop me from getting invited to interview and then getting the job. I made sure i put on my application that the three weeks were all in one block and supported by doctor's notes.

With regards to your previous employer not being allowed to disclose your sick record I'm really not sure. Just be honest about why, and how long you were off. They understand that people get sick.

Good luck with your application

r.s
20th Feb 2007, 23:11
Hi, from what I remember about employer references on the application form, you need only detail the last five years as that this what BAA require to organise your airside pass. If you've been in the same job ten years, don't worry about previous employment.

You need excellent spoken and written english skills so if you speak as well as you write you've nothing to worry about there. You won't need to provide any evidence to support your application as that will speak for itseld I think.

You won't be entitled to any staff travel benefits until you have passed your probationary period which is six months. If your probation was extended for any reason (like excesive sickness, pax complaints etc, it does take a lot for them to extend it so I wouldn't worry) then you wouldn't be entitled to your travel benefits. It would be a lot lot lot easier to live in or around London for your first six months as it's a mental job to try and get used too and I know from my experience I really wouldn't have wanted to commute then! Now I do a two hour drive to and from LHR but I really don't know if I could have done that at the beginning. From your point of view paying full fare tickets to get to work will probably end up costing you more than you earn.

I hope this helps, if you've a any more questions please do ask. Good luck

EKBird
21st Feb 2007, 10:15
Hiya ChrissyB,

IT'S ME !!! :p CONGRATULATIONS on getting the job, I knew you would!!! Please check your Private Messages!

EKBird XXX

Virgin_girlie
21st Feb 2007, 11:15
CONGRATULATIONS to everyone - it's brilliant!! Can't wait to meet you all! :D

Do you guys know where you're staying? I need to come down from Glasgow, so trying to find somewhere soon, it's so difficult cos even if I find something temporary, I'll still need to find a flat soon after!! Just wondered how everyone else is going about it? Thanks for any help!! :D

Jodi77
21st Feb 2007, 11:30
Hey GT!!

I also start on 19th March, congratulations!

Looking forward to meeting you then! Have u arranged your uniform fitting yet?

Jodi x

rubyrocks118
21st Feb 2007, 11:59
Hello Everyone,

I've got an interview on the 5th March....... i'm so excited :) has anyone else got an interview for this date. It would be great to know.

thanks

Chrissy xx

jetgirl_99
21st Feb 2007, 12:30
Check your PM's Ruby!

FLYING GER
21st Feb 2007, 14:45
Hi Guys,

My interview is next Tuesday and have been reading up on all things VS of course!

Do you think by wearing a red suit,black shoes,skin tights (short jacket & short skirt to knee) is a bit ott to wear for a virgin interview?

Please help me!:ugh:

Either that or i wear a black skirt suit with red shirt, black shoes?

p.s and i will be flying from Glasgow

Princessjalee
21st Feb 2007, 17:11
Had my interview today so its all pretty much out of my hands now! Thought id be relived once i had done it but im not as i want the job even more now (if thats possible!) And i think i messed up on the two to one - it seemed so quick! Guess we will have to wait and see! x

EKBird
21st Feb 2007, 18:11
Hey FLYING GER,

I'd definitely go for the black suit and red shirt as, although I'm sure your red suit is gorgeous, I think it will be a bit ott for a Virgin interview.
Good luck for your interview on tuesday, will be crossing fingers and toes for you.

EKBird (soon to be VSBird:p )

P.s. Princessjalee, I thought mine went extremely quickly too (about 20mins) but loads of people on here have said the same. Don't let that worry you :ok: .

bcf&gloves
21st Feb 2007, 18:20
Yeah I agree with EKBird, my 2:1 was only about 20min s too! And I got my contract 2 days later so good luck!

Anyone here training on the 26th March?

GTCrew
21st Feb 2007, 18:32
Hey Jodi... nope... haven't arranged my uniform fitting yet, you? What do we need to do?

Jodi77
21st Feb 2007, 18:43
Yeah, mine is on tuesday 6th march. you need to call uniforms on 01293 448206.
I think it has to be done around 10 days before start date
you found a place to stay for training?

GTCrew
21st Feb 2007, 18:52
Thanks for the tip Jodi... I'm gonna give them a call 'cause I'm flying to london on the 12th of march and if it needs to be done 10 days before starting then I'll have to change my flight...Also... HAVEN'T FOUND A PLACE to stay... how about you? Any ideas?

Virgin_girlie
21st Feb 2007, 19:06
Hey Flying Ger - I'll be keepin my fingers crossed for a fellow Glaswegian hehe! I agree with EKBird - black suit and red shirt sounds great, a bit more subtle but still with the red! :O Good luck!!!

Princessjalee, I thought mine went so fast too, and really thought I'd messed it up aswell, so don't worry! It's impossible to judge it. Really hope you get good news!

bcf&gloves, I'm training 26th March! Ahhhh...can't wait!! Need to find somewhere to stay :\ eek!

Jill

bcf&gloves
21st Feb 2007, 19:19
Hey Jill,

Having the same issue as you trying to find somewhere to stay!
At the moment I am think about staying where I stayed by LHR and driving to LGW from there! Well that is my last resort at the mo!

Virgin_girlie
21st Feb 2007, 19:23
That sounds like a good plan! You're fortunate to be confident around the area - I'll be terrified, lol. I think I'll stay right next to Gatwick temporarily, then on weekends off from training I'll look around Heathrow, as I think I'll live nearer there...really unsure :sad:

It's good to know of someone I'll meet on the day - really looking forward to it! :O

bcf&gloves
21st Feb 2007, 19:31
Well I am ok around LHR as have been commuting there for nearly a year!
LGW is another story! But it seems that there are lots of people looking for accommodation, so I thought although not ideal at least I know the people I would be staying with, they are like me second family! Just have to drive to LGW everymorning on the dreaded M25 AARRGGHHH!

Jodi77
21st Feb 2007, 19:34
Yeah maybe best! Where do you live at mo then?
I've just sorted a place to stay in a small village outside Gatwick, costing me £90 per week.
Try flycomplacement.co.uk they have sorted a few others out. Let me know how u get on!

bcf&gloves
21st Feb 2007, 19:37
Yeah contacted them too, just wainting to hear from them! I live in Birmingham and will commute after the course.

Fingers crossed they can help a few more of us out with somewhere to stay!

GTCrew
21st Feb 2007, 19:38
Thnx so much for the advise! I'll let you know if I find anything there...
At the moment I'm living in Guatemala (Central America) a bit far I know... but still, I think I'm gonna love the change!

EKBird
21st Feb 2007, 20:34
Hey bcf&gloves, I'm with ya on 26th March :E , it's gonna be great. I'm moving in with a friend in Walsall so will be commuting from the Midlands too.

As far as your uniform fitting is concerned, if any of you are closer to Heathrow than Gatwick, you can have your uniform fitting at Heathrow. The uniform stores number for Heathrow is 02083845307.

Jenn
21st Feb 2007, 21:03
Hey Everyone!!

I just wanted to say hi & that i will be joining you all on the 26th March!! Im v'excited - not sure it can come quick enough!! My new job seems dull now in comparison!!

I will be commuting during the course - well thats my plan at present!! shld only take about an hour each day!!

Does any one know what is involved in the uniform fitting??

Jenn x

Princessjalee
21st Feb 2007, 21:27
Thanks for the support guys! The more i think about it the more i think, god i messed up! lol! Oh well if its meant to be it will be i guess :)! There were only 7 people on my day and only 5 went through to 2:1!!! x

boygeorgefan
21st Feb 2007, 21:38
are virgin picky ?

ex cabin crew
21st Feb 2007, 22:59
Has anyone got a link to a picture of the male cabin crew uniform? Can't find one anywhere. Also do male crew have waistcoats and if so are they worn just during the service or all the time as part of the uniform?

Many thanks :)

Virgin_girlie
22nd Feb 2007, 10:00
Hi Jenn!! Congratulations!!!:D

I'm starting 26th March too, can't wait!! Look forward to meetin ya!!:O

Jill xx

ps really not sure what's involved in the fitting, only takes about an hour I think...but not sure what they do! Anyone else know?

Virgin_girlie
22nd Feb 2007, 10:33
Boygeorgefan - it's difficult to say...they definitely go for a certain type of personality - outgoing, bubbly, sense of humour, but knowing when to be professional and calm too. Apparently they get 45000 applications a year, and only interview a few hundred - so they can afford to be picky! If you're a fun, easygoing person and have the customer service experience they require, then there will be no problem!

Ex Cabin Crew - the ones I saw were wearing purple silk-type waistcoats and purple ties - I assume they wear the waistcoat on the plane but not sure! It's a really smart uniform! :) Can't find a picture I'm afraid - will keep looking in case I come across one!

johnezy
22nd Feb 2007, 11:37
Hi guys heres a great site for all VA wannabe and about to be crew!!! loads of info its set up by passengers who love virgin and has reviews on flights, what aircraft do what rute and loads of pics

http://v-flyer.com/forum/flyer_search.asp?category=8&catname=Staff

this link will open the page on a picture of the Virgin male cabin crew uniform :D

FLYING GER
22nd Feb 2007, 11:51
i am a member of v-flyer and go to their socials!

Its an excellent site and contains lots of info!

Virginia
22nd Feb 2007, 11:57
Virgin seems great but I don't think I have the 'look' or am outgoing or bubbly enough. The girls all seem very glam and poised!

johnezy
22nd Feb 2007, 12:08
Well you'll never know unless you try :=
I never thought i stood a chance and i've gone from Easyjet to Virgin, along with alot of other crew i know! there is only one way to find out :hmm:

Princessjalee
24th Feb 2007, 07:23
I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAY! xxx

EKBird
24th Feb 2007, 10:42
CONGRATULATIONS Princessjalee:D !!! It's the best feeling, isn't it? What course are you on? XXX

Princessjalee
24th Feb 2007, 10:48
Thank you!!!

It definetly is!!!! Im SOOO excited! Only ever wanted to work for virgin! Im glad it only took them three days to get back to me, ive been analysing my interview so much and thought id messed it up! Can breathe a big sigh of relief and celebrate now :o)

I start on 26th March xxx

johnezy
24th Feb 2007, 19:26
ongratulations :D I start on the 19th so will be the course ahead! see you there!:ok:

EKBird
24th Feb 2007, 20:17
I'm on 26th too :ok: .

Virgin_girlie
25th Feb 2007, 11:29
Oh my god Princessjalee CONGRATULATIONS!!! Was really hoping you'd get it!!!! :D

That's great you start 26th, so do I! Can't wait to meet you! Congrats again!!!

Jill xx

Princessjalee
25th Feb 2007, 13:16
Oh wow! Im glad so many people are starting the same day as me! How exciting is it!!! hehe! U all sorted out places to stay yet? I already have a room in a real nice house as i was due to start with a different airline next week! Ooops! Virgin wins hands down though!!!

Jade x

bcf&gloves
25th Feb 2007, 19:45
Congratulations Princessjalee! See you on the 26th!

ChrissyB
26th Feb 2007, 13:30
Congrats Princessjalee!

Im sooo happy for you and I cant wait to meet you. Im on the course on the 26th too! Iv already met a few of the others and theyr amazing!!! Especially PAM (EKBird) Hey hey girly!!!

OOOOO im soooo excited!

Cant wait!

xxxxxxxxx

Princessjalee
26th Feb 2007, 15:15
The others who got the job from my interview day are on a later course so u will have to adopt me! lol!

Everyone seems so nice, im SOOO excited! And its still a month away!!! hehe! x

EKBird
26th Feb 2007, 16:52
Oh ChrissyB, I just love you :p . Can't wait to meet all of you !!! XXX

Virgin_girlie
26th Feb 2007, 17:12
I'm so glad you're on our course Jade!! :D We nearly lost you to the later course...we're lucky hehe!! Yay! :O

Can't WAIT to meet all of you - 4 weeks today, aahhh!!!! :O So exciting!!

GTCrew
26th Feb 2007, 17:29
Well I'm also on the 19th... but it seems everyone from my interview day is starting on the 26th... :sad: hope to meet you all soon though! Has everyone already had their uniform fittings? What do they give to you? This is going to be so much fun!!! References aren't being that easy though!

Princessjalee
26th Feb 2007, 17:52
Nope i need to book my uniform fitting....im way excited about that! Listen to us all....we all sound like were on prozac! lol! Did i see someone say (that sounds weird!) that you can get your uniform fitting done at heathrow if you live closer to there? That would be fab as im dropping my parents off there to fly to dubai on virgin in a few weeks!

Jade x

Jenn
26th Feb 2007, 18:23
A month today - so excited!! Roll on 26th March!!

I have booked my uniform fitting - something else im veryveryvery excited about! I am going Gatwick for mine but only because thats fairly easy for me!

I havent heard anything from the reference people yet - does that indicate that everyone is going ok - im slightly scared as i leave work in 2 weeks ((not that im counting the days!!)) It still doesnt quite seem real!!

Will anyone else be commuting? i dont live too far away but am getting slightly worried about how long the drive may take in the mornings!!

4 Weeks and Counting!!

Jenn

Virgin_girlie
26th Feb 2007, 19:13
Hiya!

I've booked mine too, can't wait!! Lol Jade you're totally right, we all sound CRAZED lol!! :D There's a thread on here somewhere about all the gear we get GTCrew, it sounds awesome!!! I'll try to hunt it out! Basically you get EVERYTHING except the hard suitcase apparently (you can buy it in the staff shop they said)...stuff like 2 full suits, 4 shirts, 1 outer coat etc - so excited, it's such a gorgeous uniform! :cool:

I've not heard anything back about my references, or about my medical, or anything. I'm such a worrier, just totally paranoid that something will go wrong and they'll take my dream job away from me :uhoh: How long does it take them to get in contact again?

Now all I gotta do is the Disclosure thing and that's me! Hehe look at us all counting down the days :p

Virgin_girlie
26th Feb 2007, 19:15
ps Jade - it was EKBird who mentioned the Heathrow fittings :ok:

"As far as your uniform fitting is concerned, if any of you are closer to Heathrow than Gatwick, you can have your uniform fitting at Heathrow. The uniform stores number for Heathrow is 02083845307."

:p

Virgin_girlie
26th Feb 2007, 19:35
GTCrew - finally found that thread lol, it's from last year but hopefully still in date. It was a girl on here that mentioned it, Millymoo.

"Yeah the uniform fitting is fun, but it doesnt take too long. They said ill be getting:

2 suits
4 shirts
2 pairs of shoes (1 high pair and some flats)
2 scarfs
1 belt
1 winter jacket
1 cardigan
2 aprons (at least i think it was 2!)
1 handbag
1 pair of earings
1 money bag (and a little pouch that you have to keep on your belt at all times)
1 pair of gloves
1 travel bag (for taking on the plane)"

Sounds fab!! :D

GTCrew
26th Feb 2007, 20:27
Virgin_girlie.... thanks for taking the time to research the list of uniform items that you receive from VS.... it sounds really cool!!! This is so much fun! I'm trully enjoying the entire process!

EKBird
26th Feb 2007, 20:28
Thanks Virgin_girlie, yep, it was me:) . I called the Uniform Stores at Gatwick and they said that if we are closer to Heathrow then we are more than welcome to go there.

XXX

Princessjalee
27th Feb 2007, 08:50
Do u think i need to call gatwick first? Or ring straight through to heathrow?
Jade x

EKBird
27th Feb 2007, 09:58
I'd phone straight through to Heathrow :ok: .

Princessjalee
27th Feb 2007, 10:36
Just rang and managed to book it for 4pm on monday 5th which is fantastic as have to drop my parents to the airport for around 5 that day! Yay exciting! x

jamesfly
27th Feb 2007, 14:14
Hi guys,

Had my interview this morning (tuesday) after rescheduling from yesterday.

Things got off to a funny start, as they didn't not have a record of me being down for today! When I explained I had to put my assessment day back by a day everything was fine and it turned out that someone in admin had forgot to include me on the sheet! :eek: -panic over.

It was a fun day, and the interviewers said I would hear by next monday.

:eek: scared!

P.S I seen in another forum that someone (who was at yesterdays interview) got a telephone call to say she got the job....so maybe I've failed. :sad:

essjay7
27th Feb 2007, 14:30
Don't worry Jamesfly, I'm sure you'll be fine. I think the way they contact people varies; a friend of mine had an interview on the Monday and they rang her on the Tuesday morning - much to her delight! However, another friend had to wait over a week before the big envelope plopped through her door!! So remain positive - remember - PMA!!!:ok:

Virgin_girlie
27th Feb 2007, 15:23
Well done getting through the day James!! Hope it all went well, will have fingers crossed for you :D Don't worry, everyone seems to hear differently like essjay7 says - I got a big envelope through 3 days after my interview! Hope you hear soon :ok:

Jill x

Princessjalee
27th Feb 2007, 15:33
I got an envelope 3 days after too but there are others on here that didnt hear for weeks! Try not to think about it too much - so much easier said then done that i no!!! lol! GOOOOOOD LUUUUUUCK!!!! :ok: x

rubyrocks118
1st Mar 2007, 08:36
Hi Everyone,

Having a blank moment arghhhhhh!!!!!:eek:

My interview is on Monday and i'm so excited:), but every time i think about the questions they are going to ask me my mind is just going completely blank!!!! i feel like banging my head against a brick walll:ugh:. It's even affecting my juggling!!!!!

anyone that can possibly cheer me up would be very grateful.

Thanks guys and gals xx
chrissy xx

Princessjalee
1st Mar 2007, 09:21
Hi Chrissy,
I was exactly the same as you....besides the juggling....lol! Kept playing questions over in my head and getting memory freezes, i think its just nerves that make you panic. The 2:1 isnt until the afternoon at the interview so the crew do everything they can to try and calm you down before u go into that!
You wil be fine, try not to over prepare, it will only freak you out :p hehe!
Just be yourself and smile, and if in your interview you do get a memory block for a while its not the end of the world (I did in the one other interview i went to and still got the job!)
Good luck hun - its nowhere near as bad as u think its going to be (trust me i know! hehe!)
x Jade x

rubyrocks118
1st Mar 2007, 09:36
Thanks Hun,

You've really helped me i feel a little calm and relaxed now, brain is slowly getting back to normal mode:\ Well done by the way, bet your well excited about starting you neva know hun i might just be meeting you in the skies!!!!!:)

I'll try my best not to be to nervous:eek: LOL

thanks again

Chrissy xx

Virgin_girlie
1st Mar 2007, 10:23
Hiya Chrissy,

Jade's right, you'll be so distracted by everything going on in the morning, that you'll be surprisingly calm :ok: My 2:1 was about 4/5 hours after our assessment day started, and I was so TIRED being nervous by then lol that it just stopped.

I always have a memory block before the actual event - when I thought of the questions, I would totally panic and think oh god how would I answer that. But it must be the adrenaline or something, cos when you actually get in that room, I bet the words just pour out of you, it's like your mind suddenly clears!! Just try and not gibber like I did, lol! Still managed to get it tho! ;)

Best of luck for Monday, we'll all be thinking of you!! :ok:

Jill x

rubyrocks118
1st Mar 2007, 11:21
Thank you all so much for your support it is really helping i feel a bit more at ease now:)

Roll on Monday - Virgin Atlantic here i come!!!!:)

Thanks xx

chrissy xx

Hot-bit
1st Mar 2007, 12:11
I have my training course on the 19th March and i am sooooooooo excited. Has anyone else got their start date then.. Im coming down from Manchester for it and i need somewhere to stay during the week. Does anyone know of anywhere to stay.. not too expensive as i havent got too much money.. you know how it is :bored: How meny people are usually on the courses?

Thanks, :p