PDA

View Full Version : Flying the President

Flying Lawyer
9th Jan 2007, 07:01
Extract from an article about a Major in the US Marine Corps, assigned to the Marine One squadron.

And how is it to fly the president?
"It's amazing," Quigley said. "You never see him get on or off the helicopter without a smile on his face and without a determined look.
He's always got that, 'Don't worry about it, America, I'm going to take care of you' look."

:oh:

Full article (http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17682808&BRD=1382&PAG=461&dept_id=161822&rfi=6)

airborne_artist
9th Jan 2007, 07:13
And how is it to fly Mr Blair? A pilot who did not wish to be named said "It's amazing, you never see him get on or off the aircraft without a smirk on his face. He's always got that "I'm looking after No.1" look, ".....and then my mates...."

jayteeto
9th Jan 2007, 07:47
Excellent post, LOL :ok:

Lyneham Lad
9th Jan 2007, 08:55
In the context of 'President Bliar' there will be what looks like a very entertaining programme (The Trial of Tony Blair) on More4 at 22.00 next Monday:-
Robert Lindsay reprises his portrayal of the prime minister from A Very Social Secretary in a political satire that sees Tony Blair depart Downing Street after more than a decade in power. Plagued by continuing problems in Iraq and obsessed with his legacy, he refuses to acknowledge the dangers he faces from a war crimes tribunal.
It will be repeated on Channel 4 later in the week. The snippet shown last night on Channel 4 (I was watching 'Dispatches') certainly made it look like something very well worth watching (a rarity on UK tv these days, that's for sure).

Mmmmnice
9th Jan 2007, 19:39
'Then you suddenly realize you have him on board, and you hope you do it all right!'

Nice to know they only start to worry about 'doing it right' when he's got on board!! Personally, I find training and practise yield better results than hope!

Zoom
9th Jan 2007, 21:48
I just hope that our Lord High President is able to continue taking his long-haul holidays - preferably one more only and one-way only.