PDA

View Full Version : Uniforms in the UK

ContractFlyGal
8th Jan 2007, 23:06
What is it with those dresses that come to mid calf? And the pleats? Every time I am in the UK I see so many women wearing pleated polyester dresses/uniforms. Have they been phased out yet?

I Just Want To Fly
9th Jan 2007, 00:24
What is with all those american uniforms. They all look exctly the same, I can never tell which airline they work for!

sebby
9th Jan 2007, 01:31
What a silly thread - uniforms are uniforms. They cost money and get updated when needed.

I must agree with the stock standard US airline comment though :}

crewbus
9th Jan 2007, 01:43
I love looking at airline uniforms. There is a thread somewhere in here on airline uniforms.

I think the 'not so nicest' uniform I have seen is Air New Zealand. They have those horrible mid calf skirts, but also have a 'not so nice' pattern on them.

But still, I would not decide against joining an airline because of a uniform!

ContractFlyGal
9th Jan 2007, 03:39
I agree, all the uniforms over here look the same....most come from a company called Cintax...they are junk. For the most part US airlines are not very creative when it comes to uniforms. I guess I just worded my initial post poorly. Are those pleated dresses a popular style for the female crews? It seems in the EU and elsewhere the company inflight departments are more on the maintenance of the uniform. Out of the US f/a's I see so many wearing a skirt or dress that is way too short, or tight.

I certainly did not mean to offened anyone....

crewbus
9th Jan 2007, 03:44
I dont think you have offended anyone at all. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and of course uniform is always something that is mentioned amongst crew.

I would say that the more 'outdated' uniforms are due to cost cutting or something. Which is fair enough, I guess we would all rather have a full time job in a average uniform, than be worried about where our next pay is coming from if we were dressed in Chanel!

frontcheck
9th Jan 2007, 08:55
Hi gals & Guys,
check out www.uniformfreak.com (http://www.uniformfreak.com) for hours of endless entertainment.

:D

ContractFlyGal
9th Jan 2007, 14:59
it i sn't about designer uniforms...it is just those dresses with the pleated skirts that come to mid calf. They seem matronly....I took another look at the uniform freak website and see that other countries have gone for that look also. Hey, maybe the US is missing out on a new trend!