oby
8th Jan 2007, 18:31
to all the cc out there....i stumbled on this link

http://www.titan-airways.co.uk/recruitment.php

no idea what they are like, but they are advertising

FiiS
9th Jan 2007, 09:52
*looks more than interested* :)

Big question here is pay ... everything else is sound, it's whether I can afford a potential rent situation and commuting. Answer is probably yes, but I'd hate to waste their time by saying "no" at some stage due to it being financially unviable.

Musket90
9th Jan 2007, 20:58
Know someone who works for them. Need to be within 30 mins or so of base to deal with short notice call out when on standby. Lot of rostered standby but when flying the variety of flights covers everything from corporate, VIP, football team charters etc one week to providing aircraft for low cost carrier the next. Great experience for anyone who has lifestyle able to cope with this type of operation.

GBALU53
28th Jan 2007, 03:20
Miss World

They have a web sight so look there first.

mamficat
28th Jan 2007, 14:44
Hi Miss World,

I Know quite a few people who work and have worked for Titan.
Their contract is for 6 months to start with and although they do private work and VIP flights, they also do alot of work especially in the summer for Easyjet and sometimes Ryanair.
You have to be at the airport and ready to fly within 30 mins of being called out and you will also be on sby most of the time.
Alot of the people I know that were with Titan left because they didnt get many flights.
Hope that helps

FiiS
22nd Feb 2007, 16:42
Did anyone on the board get through then? :confused:

KirstyBA
3rd Mar 2007, 21:38
Hi. I've never felt the need to register until now.

Does anybody work for Titan Airways? I am interested to know abit more about them. I work for BA and would like to get into VIP work although I don't mind doing some standard service. I was talking to one of our ops guys and he had told me to go for Titan, although i'm not coming up with much information about them -only their own website.

I would appreciate any knowledge about them or any other VIP airlines.

Thanks alot
Kirsty

alleyslave2007
6th Mar 2007, 12:23
If you are BA mainline at LHR, you would be absolutely mad to leave and join Titan. Titan have their main base at STN, and a smaller one at BOH. Your roster will show 90% sby, perhaps rostered duties in winter for sking flights and LDE flights in summer. In summer it would be busier, filling in for the likes of easyjet, bmi, ba connect, thomsonfly etc when they go tech. In winter it is extremely quiet. You would be lucky to get 4 days work a month. Sbys are 4am to 12 midday. 10am to 8pm, 7am to 5pm. This is not set in stone however, if you are out of hrs they can change this. When you join contracts are temporary. It took me 2 yrs to get a permanent one they kept adding extensions on to it. One person described Titan to me one time as "warped" and I think this sums them up very well. Their cabin management were recruited with no experience or formal qualifications in magement and this reflected in their treatment of crew, training, operations etc. It is very bitchy there, a lot of gossip about people etc. Duty hours will be whatever they they want them to be, hours are not regulated, positioning all over the U.K by taxis or air is common and they don't count it as duty! So you'll end up doing well over 12 hrs some days.
Flight pay is £45 per day. No 1s get the most, no 2 in charge of catering get less, no 3 is a junior position and they get even less.
When you bring the a/c back to base all the ashtrays, cupbords, seat pockets, bins emptied etc have to cleaned by you. If they are not you will receive a nasty note from management in your drop file!
They market themselves as being able to be airborne in 60 mins from the time brokers call them. This means you have to be at the a/c in uniform in 30 mins when you receive a "go now". This is very stressful as you can get them at any moment during sby. It doesn't give you any time to have a shower or make childcare arrangements etc.
I personally think if you are BA LHR crew, you are employed by the best airline out there. It would be suicidal to leave BA and join that unprofessional, shoddy, clicky bunch who are Titan. It is a decision you would regret.

KirstyBA
6th Mar 2007, 17:37
Thanks and Thanks for the private messages. I didn't realise how they worked until now.

It sounds like there are a few people negative towards Titan Airways but I suppose thats always the case as I'm forever listening to people complaining about BA.

I bumped into the man that mentioned Titan to me a few days back. I told him that I had been trying to research them with not much luck.

He told me they had finished all of their recruitment for this year. His sister works for them as No1 and he said she has done some wonderful flights. But what she enjoys most about it is that one day she can be doing a VIP flight and the next day a flight for Ryanair. He said she has done all sorts of VIP work for Pop bands, National soccer teams and a few film stars on promotions.

I'll keep my eye on them for next year.

Thanks again everyone.

Props rule
6th Mar 2007, 20:09
Hi KirstyBA.
Just a couple of things - recruitment has not finished for this season - applications are being accepted online.
Ok - so which airline is perfect? Titan is peculiar in many ways but makes no secret of the fact that there a lots of standbys and you have to respond quickly in your standby times and be at the airport in 30 mins. My arguement would be that if alleycat and others on other forums are so p'd with the company then why do they stay? There are no shortage of operators looking for crew from STN with very stable rostering patterns etc etc.
Improvements have been made over the last few years and although new crew to the company will tend not to operate on VVIP private charters those who joined last year have all done them.
Depending on the reason why you want to leave BA, I think you shouldn't be put off by the scaremongers but consider that ifsuccessful, Titan will be expecting you to relocate, act quickly when called from standby and be flexible when it comes to roster issue and changing duties.
Happy to private mail u if you prefer more info! - good luck

ex cabin crew
6th Mar 2007, 20:19
No company is perfect for everyone but each company is perfect for someone depending on what they want. I worked for BA several years ago and it had it's good and not so good points - personally I loved it but there were many people who hated it. I worked for easyjet for a while and had a great time there but again there were people who loved it and others who hated it.

For many people the chance to work on a short notice call out and to cover for other companies and do vip work is great, others prefer the stability of rosters and knowing days off etc.

Forums are good for sharing views and getting different angles on the different airlines but in all cases I think you should follow your heart and do what you feel is best for YOU

If I lived within a close proximity to Stansted I would probably apply to Titan as it would be very different to any other airline. Unfortunately I live some distance away and wouldn't be prepared to move for the job.

Good luck to all who do apply :O

alleyslave2007
7th Mar 2007, 19:21
I suppose people have to make mistakes in life and learn the hard way. I certainly learned the hard way when I left a good company to join titan.

Props rule
7th Mar 2007, 20:16
Then leave!

FiiS
7th Mar 2007, 20:34
I'll happily take your job :} !!

KirstyBA
7th Mar 2007, 23:12
well after all my searching about Titan i have come to the conclusion that-

there's something dodgy about all these people on cabincrewcom and here slagging the airline off. It seems to me that this is the same person that didn't get the job or maybe didn't get a promotion?

You can tell its the same person by how the statements are written.

Its annoyed me how the posts have been left on these website which could put people off applying to work for them.

i checked their website again today and they have put the job ad back up so my application has been filled in.

FiiS
8th Mar 2007, 21:57
Kirsty - I guess you've got to take the good comments with the bad. I see Titan through rose tinted glasses because I know a couple of people there and would really like to work for them - bad points would be the go-now lifestyle but that's a risk you take. Good points? Well, sounds like a close-knit team who are rather friendly and the job involves variety and interesting stops and a mixture of aircraft. But you know all that!! :) Go for it, as crewing jobs go Titan would be unique and well worth considering.

alleyslave2007
13th Mar 2007, 14:05
KirstyBA,

If the posts who point out the negative things about Titan were written by the same person i.e didn't get job or promotion as you have stated above then how would they know so much about the company?:ugh:

And also did any one object to the information that was given? Assuming Props Rule works there, He/She didn't say my information was incorrect, did they?

That's because KirstyBA perhaps people who give information on prune work/worked for Titan.

Forums are about freedom of speech. There are those who like Titan, those who don't. No company is perfect, and I was pointing some negative things out.
People need to know the facts before they leave permanent contracts etc.

No need to get your knickers in a twist.

Props rule
14th Mar 2007, 13:09
Nothing wrong with freedom of speech - perhaps its the 'shoddy, unprofessional' negativity that upsets people!

PB4
11th Apr 2007, 10:53
hey, anyone has info on Pilot recruitment at Titan ? I'll be interested to hear about the selection/interviews. So far from what I've seen/read they seem to be a very decent outfit to work for :) thks all

FiiS
15th Apr 2007, 15:20
Recruitment is always done through their website (can't get the link up at work). They were looking for some 146 chappies ...