PDA

View Full Version : Solo Cabin Crew

Ianj
8th Jan 2007, 13:43
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of airlines within the uk that recruit cabin crew who work on aircraft as a solo flight attendant.

The only airline I can think of is Eastern Airways. Any other information would be great,

Thanks,

Ian J.

apaddyinuk
8th Jan 2007, 14:53
Aer Arran had a LTN base and I beleive an IOM base, not sure if they are still going though!!!

crewboy
8th Jan 2007, 14:59
Air south west

pinkdolly
8th Jan 2007, 15:08
hi there,
i work for Loganair wihich is a BA franchise based in glasgow.
we operate as solo crew working on the saab 340 with 34 pax.
if you would like more info just ask!
hope this helps
pinkdolly

primus
8th Jan 2007, 15:57
Hi

bmi regional fly the Embraer 135 which operates with single crew. 37 pax total. I think they have 3 of these now. But you fly both the 135 and 145 which has 2 crew. Not sure which bases the 135's are at though.......

arann man
9th Jan 2007, 10:48
aer arann are in the process of closing there luton base and iom is barely there now , although even if they were still open both these bases only opperate the ATR72 ( 2 crew aircraft ) the only base that have solo crew is dublin and the occational flight from cork.

Head_in_clouds
9th Jan 2007, 20:17
There not closing ltn they have just been holding interviews cos my friend went to dub for it:confused:

Eddy
9th Jan 2007, 21:59
City Star Airlines based in Aberdeen have just one crew member on each flight. They're an exciting new airline with rapid expansion plans.

They fly Do-328s

arann man
10th Jan 2007, 22:21
Aer Arann DID close there luton and IOM bases!!! i know many crew at both bases who have been given a relocation fee to fly out of dublin / cork / galway

as for if they are recruiting again i dont know but i know for a fact they DID close them bases!

primus
10th Jan 2007, 22:25
Hey Arann Man

Please can you give me any info about Aer Arann. Interview, pay, rosta's etc.
PM me if want.

Thanks

pinkaroo
11th Jan 2007, 13:05
Try Euromanx based on the Isle of Man. Good luck.

pabely
11th Jan 2007, 17:58
Aer Arann DID close there luton and IOM bases!!! i know many crew at both bases who have been given a relocation fee to fly out of dublin / cork / galway

as for if they are recruiting again i dont know but i know for a fact they DID close them bases!

Personnel point of view not happy about IOM and LTN, just try the fairs currently on LCY and LGW in these quiet months, must still be solid demand. With 100 year TT this year, everyones going to make a furtune flying anything in May & June! Even July as well if Rock the Rock comes off. Arann, you have sot yourself in the foot here.

hottowel
12th Jan 2007, 03:08
Can anyone decifer that last post?

crewbus
12th Jan 2007, 07:23
Not me. Sorry!

red17
12th Jan 2007, 08:00
The Luton base is closing, thats the reason for LTN - IOM closing. Last flight is today i think. All the crew are relocating to Ireland. Aer Arann don't have any IOM based a/c but do have engineers and crew here for the ATR 72 they lease to Eueomanx and to sort any problems with their own DUB - IOM flights.

The above post was saying 2007 is the 100th anniversary of the TT races and so loads of tourists willl be trying to get to IOM during May and June. Rock the Rock is a music festival, apparantly expecting 35,000 ppl.:cool:
So with only LCY and LGW fares will be high. Most ppl travel by boat for those events though

Hope that helps you

Head_in_clouds
12th Jan 2007, 08:14
If they are closing the LTN base then why is this on there website

Job Title Direct Entry Senior Cabin Crew - Future Vacancies
Job Type Contract - Fixed Term
Location Cork, Dublin, Galway & Luton

red17
12th Jan 2007, 09:57
Thats a point, anyway they are at least rationalising the LTN based a/c timetable seems to show only GWY and WAT to LTN, the a/c seem to be on their new routes to Nantes etc. The only vacancy at LTN is Direct Entry Senior Cabin Crew - Future Vacancies (http://www.candidatemanager.net/CM/micro/JobDetails.aspx?JID=x=wag@g@syu~o(bbsyu~o&MID=*syu~oqmksyu~o&SID=qmksyu~oz&Site=Aer)

Richard Taylor
12th Jan 2007, 13:11
City Star actually advertising in local press for cabin (& flight) crew today.