PDA

View Full Version : BBC1 8/1/07 What I'd Really Like To DO

Right Touch
7th Jan 2007, 20:44
Just a quick heads up for this prog on BBC 1 tomorrow morning

Adrian Chiles takes a look at the training involved to be a pilot.

Apparently its the 5th most sought after job that people in Britain would like to do.

What I'd Really Like to Do
Mon 8 Jan, 9:15 am - 10:00 am 45mins</B>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/furniture/tiny.gif

6/10. Our top ten countdown of the jobs that people in Britain would really rather be doing continues with a look at the life of a pilot. [S]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/furniture/tiny.gif

Kerosine
7th Jan 2007, 20:45
Thanks for the heads up RT

Will be recorded and watched promptly :).

Dave

davepearsall
7th Jan 2007, 20:48
yeah nice one, will be recording that!

AlphaMale
7th Jan 2007, 21:54
Thanks for that I'll be dialling that into Sky+ later tonight :ok:

Kerosine
8th Jan 2007, 08:06
God Dammit.

I'm sat here at 9.07 and I've realised I haven't set a tape to record it..

If anyone's taped it, I'll drop some cash in a paypal account if anyone's willing to post it :) (PM me)

Thankyou all!

RudeNot2
8th Jan 2007, 09:42
Would be interesting to see. Have only just found this thread. If anyone is able to post a link to a download it would be much appreciated..

Dave

mcgoo
8th Jan 2007, 09:48
It wasn't great, he did a circuit in a warrior at BA's training centre, did a T/O and landing in a 747 sim and went up in the utterly butterly plane, with a couple of interviews with celebrity pilots, Gary Numan, Nick Mason and Lembit Opik.

Also a quick feature on being a HEMS pilot and a profile on a female Easyjet FO.

Tight Slot
8th Jan 2007, 10:41
Ye man also said "I've never met a bored, dissatisfied, disillusioned pilot." Ha! Have a joke! I saw one this morning in the mirror...

Wannabe1974
8th Jan 2007, 17:43
Ye man also said "I've never met a bored, dissatisfied, disillusioned pilot." Ha! Have a joke! I saw one this morning in the mirror...

Time for a career change perhaps?

skywaytoheaven
8th Jan 2007, 18:25
It wasn't great, he did a circuit in a warrior at BA's training centre.

Didn't see the program, just wondering what this was all about, do you mean the BA flying school at Wycombe?

AlphaMale
8th Jan 2007, 18:47

Wanna swap jobs? You work 9-5 in an office updating webpages and I'll fly the 757 at 500mph over the Atlantic ;)

Andrew

FlyingForFun
8th Jan 2007, 18:51
Damn, didn't see this post until just now, and missed the program. Oh well, maybe didn't miss much from what mcgoo says?

As for bored, dissatisfied and disillusioned, definitely not me. I work 9-6 (usually - worked 8-7 today but that's the exception), don't have an auto-pilot, have people sat next to me who make sure I never get bored.... I love my job!

FFF
---------------

Cyclone733
8th Jan 2007, 18:52
Not a bad idea, ruined somewhat by the repeated "I'm scared of flying" from the presenter. Didn't cover training requirements, costs or job applications. Constant reminders of the programs title through out, just incase you forgot what you were watching.

Looked like he should have had a laugh doing it though

Tight Slot
8th Jan 2007, 20:25
Yeah, sorry guys, maybe a bit of grumpy morning sydrm. My cat ran off with next doors moggy and I've just found out that three of my ex'es are on my next long haul flight...

All three of them dissatisfied

Me disillusioned

My cat maybe, bored.

ploppy
8th Jan 2007, 21:58

We can all get disillusioned in our work as soon as it becomes routine. I am trying to organise my finances and time to begin my pilot training, I work for a police force (rather not say which) as a firearms officer. I'm sure some would find my job interesting but once you do it day after day it's just a job.

Hopefully a career as a pilot would be better paid though!

flybyday
16th Jan 2007, 11:23
Programme to be repeated on BBC1 Monday 22/1/07 02:30am.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/listings/programme.shtml?day=sunday&service_id=4223&filename=20070121/20070122_0230_4223_18857_45