PDA

View Full Version : Police Pop Ins.

bugdevheli
7th Jan 2007, 19:33
A police helicopter that is based quite close to me, flies over on a fairly regular basis. I know they must wonder what some of the devices are that they see on my test area. The question is? Does being a Police helicopter give them the freedom to land if they so wish. Question 2. If they could land and were suitably bribed with tea and cakes, could they give me a quick flirt round pleeeeeese.:D

Thomas coupling
7th Jan 2007, 22:40
Yes and No :ouch:

tangovictor
8th Jan 2007, 01:05
think, insurance ! then ask yourself the same question

TeeS
8th Jan 2007, 07:29
bugdevheli-As a tax payer, you part own that helicopter. I say demand your rights! :E TeeS

tangovictor
8th Jan 2007, 12:21
bugdevheli-As a tax payer, you part own that helicopter. I say demand your rights! :E TeeS

As a tax payer, I also own the rights to all MOD airfields, maybe I will land at one and demand hangerage, :ugh:

whoateallthepies
8th Jan 2007, 13:03
Hangarage.

A hanger is something you find in a wardrobe.
(Pet hate!)

kissmysquirrel
8th Jan 2007, 13:39
That's what he meant. Hanger. For his wannabe flight suit!!!:ok:

tangovictor
8th Jan 2007, 13:57
That's what he meant. Hanger. For his wannabe flight suit!!!:ok:

I have flown many times in a Police heli thank you, and have no desire
to have a flight suit, it was a simple typo !

Coconutty
8th Jan 2007, 17:08
could they give me a quick flirt round

All the Police pilots I know just love a good flirt !

Seriously though - If you mean "flight" then they won't - but have you tried actually speaking to them, or even writing ?

They probably won't land at your place, as they would need to remain operationally ready, but you never know you might be able to talk them into a tour of their place - they probably have their own tea supply, but cakes - You should be on a winner with that one if you offer to deliver some :ok:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/coconut11/Coconutty.jpg