View Full Version : Coningsby bomber kills himself

stickmonkeytamer
7th Jan 2007, 14:38
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/6238579.stm

Oops!

SMT

camlobe
7th Jan 2007, 15:00
Used to live on Allen Road in a previous life. Had a chat with Mrs camlobe and we don't remember leaving any fireworks around, so guess it isn't our old pad.

SASless
7th Jan 2007, 15:04
Ah Bomber....errrrrrr....Bummer, dude!

GeeRam
7th Jan 2007, 15:18
I thought Coningsby's 'Bomber' was sitting in bits in a hangar in Coventry......:E

maxburner
7th Jan 2007, 15:37
I loved the police quote:

'................there were no supsicious circumstances.'

Apart from the bomb of course.

threepointonefour
7th Jan 2007, 15:49
May I be the first to suggest a Darwin Award?

Of course, if he'd taken out the whole village he'd have been a hero - amongst the AD community at least!

frodo_monkey
7th Jan 2007, 17:09
"The bomb was said to have caused several thousand pounds of improvements" :}

228 OCU
7th Jan 2007, 20:15
I think his copy of "THE TERRORIST'S HANDBOOK" had a page missing!

If in doubt BANG OUT!

clicker
7th Jan 2007, 20:29
"Insp Jim Keenan from Lincolnshire Police said they were looking into the causes of the blast."

Well Inspector could the home made bomb be the culprit? Its just a hunch.:uhoh: Get a result and you will be a Chief Inspector in no time...........

No he will stay as an Insp, he missed the request.

"Police would like anybody who were with the man to come forward as they could be vital witnesses to this tragic accident."

Professor Plum
7th Jan 2007, 20:44
At this stage, we are simply not able to confirm the cause of the fire.

The Bomb, perhaps??

moggiee
8th Jan 2007, 13:27
Latest reports indicate that it was petrol cans going off. More Darwin awards than Al Qaeda Hall of Fame.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/6240899.stm

flash8
8th Jan 2007, 13:34
Rather surprised though that the "NuLabor" (american spelling) spin merchants didn't get there first... a quote from downing street long the lines of "terrorism can't be ruled out" (etc etc)... and by the time the results are known (i.e. in a few days) they'd already have achieved their usual "aims".

Of course didn't I hear a few months ago from NuLabors Secret Services that their were "20 active plots" in operation? Maybe this was one of them that went wrong?