PDA

View Full Version : JPA Staff to Strike over Pay and Conditions!

Pie Man
7th Jan 2007, 10:22
Reported in the Sunday Telegraph the civil servants at the Armed Forces Pay Administration Agency, in Glasgow are to go on strike over pay and conditions:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/01/07/cneds07.xml

The report quotes EDS "the £163m computer system was now working well", does that mean I can keep the money they have overpaid me!:) :)
Pie

Ordynants
7th Jan 2007, 10:31
How did they manage to organise a strike ballot????
93.5% in favour???????. It was probably more like 9.35% but was incorrectly calculated due to teething problems with the new software. They hope to resolve the problem within 28 days.;)

Rev I. Tin
7th Jan 2007, 10:38
This could be a blessing.
It may force the head shed to go back to the old workable system!

Not holding my breath though!

Edited to add:
I just noticed that the titles in the Telegraph state 'Strike vote by Army Pay staff' and 'EDS Army pay staff set to strike'.

One thing that gets up my hoop is the constant referral of the Armed Forces as the Army.:ugh:
Especially when they don't even have JPA yet.

mbga9pgf
7th Jan 2007, 11:04
Reported in the Sunday Telegraph the civil servants at the Armed Forces Pay Administration Agency, in Glasgow are to go on strike over pay and conditions:
The report quotes EDS "the £163m computer system was now working well", does that mean I can keep the money they have overpaid me!:) :)
Pie

Could be something to do with this!!!;)
PPRune thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=258213)

PompeySailor
7th Jan 2007, 14:32

Pie

Am I allowed to laugh out loud at this one? Did we not see this coming with all the outsourcing of support work? Was it not blindingly obvious that once EDS had taken this over as well, they would do what they do with every company they take over - ie shaft it stupid? It's not as if it hasn't been mentioned on here and ARRSE enough, is it?

The legacy of this Liebour government is to be a depleted, demoralised, destroyed Armed Forces, and the first thing the next government should do is conscript the whole lot of the lazy left-wing bastards into a penal regiment and send them somewhere hot and sunny. And take their freakish wives with them.

London Mil
7th Jan 2007, 14:39
Maybe the help line will be more helpful? :bored:

PompeySailor
7th Jan 2007, 14:44
Maybe the help line will be more helpful? :bored:

I'm not even asking permission to laugh out loud at that one! They are defining "incompetence" at the moment. But they have got a telephone operator who has nice eyes and makes a decent cup of tea, apparently.....

D-IFF_ident
7th Jan 2007, 17:38
"EDS said the staff affected had been offered an -inflation-busting pay settlement and insisted the negotiations with the unions had not broken down."

No doubt there will be equally -inflation-busting pay settlements for members of the Armed Forces........ :rolleyes:

Grimweasel
7th Jan 2007, 18:03
Would a high ranking General please hurry up an invoke a COUP over this wretched, despicable, lying, underhand, wily, bunch of left wing tossers, as most of the armed forces would rather follow him than some pathetic MP who, along with his other cronies in Scotland, lords over English laws whilst English MPs are barred from voting on Scottish laws, before he invites the world to come an conquer Britain!!!!!???
They make us sick, and most UK Forces are sick and tired of being taken for granted by the most damaging government in the history of the democratic UK.

What halfwit minister thought that out-sourcing the personal and pay details of the armed forces is a good idea. If this happens then no-one is safe and an open door has been left ajar for undesirable groups to target part of the UK security framework. I would commend all to leave the forces if this were to happen to save thier families and lives!!

I know, lets chop the UK Defence budget to siphon off funds to the NHS, the biggest waste of money and time in the free world. Or, lets give it all to the Europeans flocking to these shores, as benefits etc. Or, how about setting up multi-million pound immigration centre’s instead of sending them back to the EU country of origin....the list is endless, and one wonders if British blood spilt on foreign lands in the name of 'democracy' and freedom is worth it at all. After all what is good about the UK now? Ever increasing taxation, political correctness gone mad (see the murders on the loose and the police didn't want to publish their pictures to warn the public, so as not to infringe their human rights!!!)
God, bring us the horse back riders of the apocalypse now, and watch this once great country sink to its knees and beg for mercy. Then see how badly we need our armed forces. We'll gladly stand back and let the gates of hell open up on Westminster!!!

L J R
7th Jan 2007, 20:32
I thought the ENTIRE MoD civillian staff were striking on 31 Jan..

PompeySailor
7th Jan 2007, 20:48

Thanks for the feeder line....

"I thought they were STILL on strike from the last time"

TA DA!

Drum roll, hat, coat, gone.......

Melchett01
7th Jan 2007, 20:48

I don't think we'll notice any thing if they do. Actually, scrub that, might get the job done right for once.

Sgt Bilko
8th Jan 2007, 00:59

Not just MoD, the whole of the CS who come under the PCS union.