PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus go around LHR 6/1

Final 3 Greens
7th Jan 2007, 06:30
Was sitting in the Holideck lounge in T4 yesterday, watching the arrivals on 27L to while away half an hour 'til boarding.

A Lingus 'bus popped out of the gloom and got down to about 20 feet, before initiating a go around and climbing away.

The smoothness of the rotation and ease of the climb away was a truly beautiful sight to behold, although the airline bean counters may not share that sentiment.

All in all, just a normal operation executed apparently quite normally, but a real little gem for anyone interested in flying.

Globaliser
15th Jan 2007, 16:01
Reminds me of watching arrivals on 27L from the Concorde Room at T4 one beautiful clear July afternoon. A 737 had a DC-10/MD-11 hot on its heels. I got my partner to watch as well, as it looked to me like there was no way the 737 was going to vacate fast enough. At what looked like 50 ft (his decision height in those conditions?), the following aircraft duly stuck its nose up in to the air and gracefully climbed away. He must have been expecting it, and it was like watching a smoothly-executed air show routine.