PDA

View Full Version : Aurigny

radiosutch
6th Jan 2007, 22:40
I see from 1.1.07 Aurigny deem it 'progress' to stop flying the SD360 on inter island routes and substitute Trislanders. So an ancient single pilot piston engine plane where the windows are frequently held in with what appears to be bathroom sealant is 'better' than a twin turboprop, with two pilots, a stewardess and duty free ???

they derserve to (and will) lose inter island business to Blue Islands (AKA Rockhopper AKA Le Cocqs) as they run a Jetstream (albeit also ancient)

Aurigny must have a death wish. Hmmm, but that won't happen will it, they are owned by the States of Guernsey who have very deep pockets.

I don't rate the boss of Aurigny, but the staff are great. Hi Spike!

A2QFI
8th Jan 2007, 15:23
Which of the 2 types that you mention, the SD360 and the Trislander, only has one engine? I don't know much but I thought that they had 2 and 3 engines, respectively.

GBALU53
8th Jan 2007, 16:43
The Trislander has 3 lycomeing piton engines and the Shorts 360 has 2 pratt and Witney PT6 turboprop.

The whole culture of inter island passengers has changed due to a number of reasons over the years and the numbers have dwinled.

The Trislanders are long in the tooth but there is no aircraft available to compete as economically with it there was talk some years ago of putting deasel engines in the Tris but this has not come out as yet.

With the article in the local paper saying that the papers and mail to Jersey will be comming on one aircraft and this looks like the end of the mail flying for Aurigny where does this leave there Jersey operation??

Yes Aurigny has support from there local governmount but who is the M.D. I understand his track record reads interesting news.

Gertcha
11th Jan 2007, 09:59
So an ancient single pilot piston engine plane

Single pilot was the quote, not single engine.