PDA

View Full Version : Stansted

princesssariah
6th Jan 2007, 16:03
Hi all,

I am posting this in the vain attempt that some of you out there might know of any potential opportunities coming up at Stansted, I have searched high and low but can't find any openings other than Universal, which i don't really fancy to tell the truth.

I'm also interested in opportunities with BAA, but it's either management positions or part-time security positions neither of which are suitable for little old me.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Atishoo
6th Jan 2007, 16:45
What job are yiu looking for Princess?

FiiS
8th Jan 2007, 19:05
I'm looking for an Ops position at STN just like Princess. I've sent off countless letters (got a few nice replies!) and am going mainly by who's listed on Wikipaedia as using STN which is not all that scientific!

Where can you find a definitive list of airlines based at that airport?? I check all the recruiters websites daily but an airline having your CV ready and waiting can give you a head start!

chileconcarne27
9th Jan 2007, 09:52
I know that one person at Inflite Ops is leaving very soon and they need someone to replace asap. Job mainly involves Ops, aircraft fuelling, ramp work, marshalling etc. They are based just along from Universal.

Not sure if that's the route you were looking at but PM me if you want any contact info.

TUGNBAR
9th Jan 2007, 18:58
I know that one person at Inflite Ops is leaving very soon and they need someone to replace asap. Job mainly involves Ops, aircraft fuelling, ramp work, marshalling etc. They are based just along from Universal.
Not sure if that's the route you were looking at but PM me if you want any contact info.
They advertised for this job last month in the local free rag, and again I saw it last week.
These types of jobs do not come up very often but they seem to be advertising for staff quite a bit now. Get in there guys

VP8
18th Jan 2007, 19:05
Volga Dnepr are looking for ops guys in STN see the usual website for details
a******nj*bs****h:E

VEEPS

Low life
19th Jan 2007, 14:42
GSS are looking for an Ops Controller after a dodgy old git left

walla
19th Jan 2007, 20:20
Has anyone any feedback on GSS? good or bad
Cheers in advance
walla

boredcounter
20th Jan 2007, 03:42
Pastures new mate?

Low life
20th Jan 2007, 12:42
First
GSS I loved it, but some people don't. The Ops and Maintrol guys are really decent people and the Crews are good to work with.

Yo! Board.

Tea and scones with an old mate next thing I've moved on - apparently there is still a market for loud, arrogant, self opinionated Northern gits. running ops depts.

Surprised you’ve looked at big orange, I know you can walk the walk, but you were never a big airline man.

walla
20th Jan 2007, 12:51
Cheers for all the feedback guys, it helps.
Low Life do i know you, have we met?

Walla

Low life
20th Jan 2007, 17:22
The most likely time is things like the Eurocontrol, NATS or BA franchise meetings and such like, if you know Boredcounter you have prob heard of the antics of the whole Ops team we served in for many years.

the lateral thinker
21st Jan 2007, 16:43
its very quiet at gss now a certain northerner has departed. shame really - you have to stay until the end of your shift now as theres no-one walking in the door at 1830 :*

BABDUCK
22nd Jan 2007, 03:24
Your still an early bird then ay Low Life? Nothing changes!!!! - And guess what, I am still late everyday! :p

boredcounter
22nd Jan 2007, 09:03
Well done mate, is it BRS per chance?
Congrats to ya anyways mate.
Me, I always fancied Orange mate and should have joined 'em yonks ago, but they bought that LoCo you fancied and scuppered that plan :(
The futures bright, the future is silver :ok:
Bab,
Nowt changes then princess :ugh:

Low life
22nd Jan 2007, 17:03
Badduck, I believe you are doing very well, not that I'm supprised. Yes morning have never been your strong point,

Bored, Thought of looking at Silver, but was happy at GSS, then a former G.A. Ops Controller, turned Senior broker and from our long past aquaintence told Mr. Brockwell I may fit in with him and Capt. Barnes.

The lateral thinker:
I have nothing but good memories of the people at GSS.

the lateral thinker
22nd Jan 2007, 17:37
hi lowlife - glad you have good memories.

have to say its v dull without you. hope your getting on ok and remember to keep in touch - whos gonna give me cfmu training now??

boredcounter
22nd Jan 2007, 19:23
Make it work dude, word is us ex*** boys and girls get itchy feet. That is when the rug ain't being pulled from under them before they itch :ugh:
Best of luck to you in the new adventure, may the roller coaster ride be smooth and long with a happy retirement at the end.
Pssssst, just in case, book us in for a job in 18 months, You know I never learn.
Itchy feet Del.