PDA

View Full Version : Jobs at Aberdeen?

old'n'bald
5th Jan 2007, 14:27
Hi, I have heard a rumour that NetJets are opening Aberdeen as a gateway, to catch the ex-Kinloss/Lossie mafia. Anyone know anymore about this or any other North east based pilot jobs for a soon to be ex-Moray airforce chap?

airborne_artist
5th Jan 2007, 15:14
Ask Mike Jenvey - he'll know about Netjets.

L J R
5th Jan 2007, 20:10
Which ISK / ISL types would want to 'retire' up there?

keepin it in trim
7th Jan 2007, 17:31
old n bald

I work for netjets and live in forres, pm me if you would like more info, always willing to help

Taxi2parking
8th Jan 2007, 12:32
There´s quite a few ex-RAF, FAA and army guys in the company from a variety of backgrounds and I think on the whole that the company suits them and they suit the company. The Aberdeen base base was a deliberate attempt to attract the guys leaving the RAF and wanting to stay put. There's talk of trying to get other forces friendly gateways to attract people.

If you look at the new pay package it may not compete with some of the majors but it's pretty good. Then again in the majors you won't be flying a bunch of fashion models into an VFR airport in the snow covered alps on a blue blue day. Ex UK forces guys will usually upgrade to the LHS fairly quickly if they have the hours and their filling an awfull lot of the training positions in the company. If you haven't considered NetJets it's worth looking at before going for the usual bunch of suspects.

Anyway now Aberdeen is open as a gateway I certainly regret my decision to move to the middle of a vineyard in the south of Fance :ugh:

keepin it in trim
8th Jan 2007, 15:39
who needs wine when you have whisky!:E

Taxi2parking
9th Jan 2007, 12:34
or Confit de Canard when you have deep fried pizza!:p

keepin it in trim
10th Jan 2007, 15:43
personally I prefer the deep fried mars bar:E

Shadwell the older
10th Jan 2007, 16:25
It is nice to see that the southern branch of the anti Scotland brigade have been stirred into action by the mention of Aberdeen in the title of a thread.

Having lived here for many years - and being happy to retire "up North" - I do get irritated with the purile comments from our Southern cousins. I have never had deep fried mars bar or pizza.

By the way I am not a pilot - I worked hard at school

Rant over.

Is that another hook.....................?

Shadwell

handysnaks
10th Jan 2007, 18:13
you've never been to Pittodrie then:E

keepin it in trim
10th Jan 2007, 19:48
shadwell

going to take the hook

read what taxi2parking and I have written, our contributions are actually aimed at offering info, either on this site or in person, to help pilots in this area into a good job while still living there. Quite a few people have put quite a lot of effort into making this happen, or maybe you would rather we all just didn't bother.

taxi2parking and I were engaged in what is known as banter, obviously something you failed to appreciate.:ugh:

keepin it in trim
10th Jan 2007, 20:41
hi mike

Is that the one about "difficult to soar like an eagle....." my copy has got lost in the mists of time.

1771 DELETE
10th Jan 2007, 21:23
Not quite the non-PC version that I have in a box in the loft somewhere, but this (http://www.submariners.co.uk/Dits/Humour/dolphin.htm) is close enough!

Oh happy days, when you had to carry a Bible - for all the RN's quotes (http://www.navalandmilitarymuseum.org/resource_pages/sailor_life/chapterandverse.html) !!

Thanks for the copy of the Dolphin code, i too had lost mine and what i used to have was a copy of a copy 10th generation. Its a long time since i heard it being used over the radios, does the navy still carry or use it?