PDA

View Full Version : What next after CPL - Engineering, or Instructing

jase.nz.pilot
5th Jan 2007, 00:09
Hi all, just after a bit of advice really.

I completed my CPL rotary back in march and since then have been studying towards a diplomia in management.
Now that I have completed all my studies I am looking for work or what my next line of study should be. I have been offered work as a loader/driver in NZ, however I reckon I still have more potential to study further and imporve my prospects in getting work as a pilot in the future.

My original thorts were to do a Instructors rating, however due to the large costs and the fact that everyone seems to be doing it I am moving away from this option.

This has left me with the idea of becoming a Liscenced Engineer, and consequently I am enrolled on a two year course to begin my engineering training.

Is there positions within the industry for pilot/engineers, and will they be around in the future?

Basically I am just trying to establish if this move will pay off and be a worth while investment to my career as a pilot.

Please add any thorts, or if anyone knows of a pilot/engineer I could contact that would be great. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Cheers