PDA

View Full Version : Kinloss crew

ukmil
4th Jan 2007, 10:56
I am looking on this forum, for contacts in kinloss.

let me set the situation

i run, and own a flight sim website, especially for UK military aircraft. we are currently making a Nimrod collection which includes the MR2. we are dedicating this release to the crew of kinloss who lost their lives last year, and are urging people who download and use this aircraft, to give to the RBL poppy appeal. we expect around 2000 downloads in the first month, so if everyone gives £1 it would be great.

you can see our site ot

www.ukmil.org.uk (http://www.ukmil.org.uk)

i have asked for permission from the RBL to carry this logo.

the Vitual Nimrod will carry the website address for the British Legion poppy appeal on the nose, on both sides
http://ukmil.hopto.org/img/nim/2301.jpg

it will carry the Logo on the tail section
http://ukmil.hopto.org/img/nim/2302.jpg

and in the pannier bay, it will look full of poppies
http://ukmil.hopto.org/img/nim/2303.jpg

I am seeking a good address to contact the correct person at Kinloss, who would endorse, or authorise this project. The normal RAF MOD website does not give any email address etc, so i woundered if any crew on here would be able to help

many thanks

Dc

UKMIL CEO

Aeronut
4th Jan 2007, 11:19
You could try The Press and Community Relations Officer (Press Officer), RAF Kinloss, Forres, Moray, IV36 3UH. Tel. 01309 672161 Ext 7892

Duncan D'Sorderlee
4th Jan 2007, 11:22
This will probably require endorsement at a higher level than the stn. However, have you tried the Corporate Communication Officer (or whatever they call it nowadays)

If it gives money to RBL - good luck!

Duncs:ok:

day1-week1
4th Jan 2007, 17:09
just a minor point ukmil, but I think you've got one too many windows on the port side of the a/c. On the port side the mr2 has the beam window, the radio op's window, radar's, the two overwing escape hatches, two galley windows and an ordance window (plus the little one in the rear port door). The surplus one is the third one back from the front (behind which is a load of electronic boxes). The model by 'the aviation archive' also has the same surplus window for some reason.

good luck with the project

lastmanstanding
4th Jan 2007, 17:21
Used to be the Old Jezabel window if Im not too mistaken but only on the MR1-Got rid on the MR2P.
Nice Idea too-I'm in.:D

AC Ovee
4th Jan 2007, 17:35
Why the RBL and not the RAFA? The Wings Appeal logo (money for ex RAF people with welfare needs) would work just as effectively and there are some knighted names in the RAFA who could endorse your project.

I don't think you need authority to do this, unless you want us to get actively involved in some way. The Nimrod is already in the MS Flight Sim library so its already available to the civilian community and a small paint job is not an issue.

Dedicating it to the lost crew is very much appreciated.

1771 DELETE
4th Jan 2007, 21:03
Used to be the Old Jezabel window if Im not too mistaken but only on the MR1-Got rid on the MR2P.
Nice Idea too-I'm in.:D

Not far from the correct answer, unfortunately, the Jezebel and MK 1C were mounted on the starboard side of the MK1, as i remember it was a blank space/seat that now is home for the Searchwater boxes. There is a possibility it was linescan, which never got fitted.

Not Long Here
5th Jan 2007, 01:36
Taking the Port Beam Window rearwards, the next window is the radio operators; the one after doesn't exist and and the final one is the radar operators.

The Linescan position has always been abeam ESM ie at the rear port overwing escape hatch.

Cheers

Daf Hucker
5th Jan 2007, 17:29
IIRC, Linescan was aft of the ASV radar postition and just forward of the port AC crate on the MR1. The window was right behind the radar bulkhead, i.e. just aft of the radar window, hence the "spare" window is at the old linescan position. The area between the escape hatches on the port side was an empty "dance hall".

Been a long time though, and I'm not getting any younger!

Daf Hucker
6th Jan 2007, 15:29
In fact thinking about it a bit more, the additional window is probably the first one aft of the radio posn window, which was the old radar window, the ASV 21 Radar Posn was forward of the current Searchwater position. The current Searchwater Posn window would have been the old Linescan window.

360BakTrak
6th Jan 2007, 17:42
And after much thrilling discussion about windows, back to the original question............!!!:E :p

Always_broken_in_wilts
6th Jan 2007, 17:55
"And after much thrilling discussion about windows, back to the original question............!!!"

It's an aircraft full of geeks and anoraks anyway so did you really expect anything different:E

360BakTrak
6th Jan 2007, 17:57
Valid point.............! That'll probably wind a few people up!!:}

Daf Hucker
7th Jan 2007, 10:40
Chicken Sh*t, Chicken Sh*t, Chicken Sh*t, Chicken Sh*t,

or alternatively

Mother F***er, Mother F***er, Mother F***er, Mother F***er.

Some trips were very long and you have to have something to think about!:}

Charlie Luncher
8th Jan 2007, 05:54
ABIW
As the master of top bunks and hammocks one should not throw pies, but they were mostly Dry guys I reckon:8 .
DAF you are forgetting "chicken **** 'n bit" or is that fit a bit after your time?:hmm:
Charlie sends