PDA

View Full Version : Midex Airlines (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Bone225
26th Jun 2010, 23:28
Nope never excited about anyone losing their jobs. Just stating that it is not a matter of IF it is WHEN. Oh I guess the only people employed there are pilots or the only ones your concerned about :eek:

SassyPilotsWife
27th Jun 2010, 14:15
What's your definition of " near" you posted this same rubbish back in May I believe. 2 post and both towards Midex shutting down. Obviously you aren't a pilot who has been furloughed and knows the effect it causes not only financial but also the ability to obtain another flying job, loss of current type rating etc. Perhaps you are a furloughed pilot and this is what you choose to do with your time. I'd be more apt to assume you either got fired from there or they won't hire you altogether.

My concern doesn't stop at pilots only but this is a " freight dog" thread and there is no comparison to a pilot losing a job and a secretary losing hers. Head on over to the " wannabee" thread. That is probably where you're best suited to post.

Fr8Dog
27th Jun 2010, 18:26
SassyPilotsWife

What's your definition of " near" you posted this same rubbish back in May I believe. 2 post and both towards Midex shutting down. Obviously you aren't a pilot who has been furloughed and knows the effect it causes not only financial but also the ability to obtain another flying job, loss of current type rating etc. Perhaps you are a furloughed pilot and this is what you choose to do with your time. I'd be more apt to assume you either got fired from there or they won't hire you altogether.

My concern doesn't stop at pilots only but this is a " freight dog" thread and there is no comparison to a pilot losing a job and a secretary losing hers. Head on over to the " wannabee" thread. That is probably where you're best suited to post.

First: You never loose a type rating once you hold it. You may not be current but you still have the type.

Second: "There is no comparison to a pilot losing a job and a secretary losing hers". Tell that to the secretary, a lost job is a lost job.

Third: Tell your husband to take your computer privileges away for a week!

:=

FR8

SassyPilotsWife
27th Jun 2010, 20:06
Fr8

1. It's LOSE not loose

2. Notice the word " CURRENT" in that statement ? I am certain however when the mortgage is due that is the least of problems.

3. I am certain you understood what I meant. Finding a non crew position after a furlough is much easier. Secretaries and other positions such as SECRETARY, HR, payroll clerk, etc.. can change industries.

4. I gave him your recommendation, he said ok but if he does, he wants to know if you will talk dirty to him on Skype while he's out of town and don't forget to call him "daddy". :E

Fr8Dog
27th Jun 2010, 20:43
It's LOSE not loose

2. Notice the word " CURRENT" in that statement ? I am certain however when the mortgage is due that is the least of problems.

3. I am certain you understood what I meant. Finding a non crew position after a furlough is much easier. Secretaries and other positions such as SECRETARY, HR, payroll clerk, etc.. can change industries.

4. I gave him your recommendation, he said ok but if he does, he wants to know if you will talk dirty to him on Skype while he's out of town and don't forget to call him "daddy".

Your right, shame on me for the spelling error (unusual for me)

That's not what you said, granted burger flippers can find a job most of the time.

Does he like who's your daddy or just daddy? I'm easy!

FR8

Guru8904
29th Oct 2010, 21:03
Could somebody give me the package details of an Airbus A300 FO? Thanks.

Bone225
1st Nov 2010, 02:16
:ouch::ouch::ouch:

onhmss
2nd Nov 2010, 04:27
.....have they done this time ?

Earl
2nd Nov 2010, 17:47
Get a life Bone.
Stop posting nonsense.
You have 4 post, all 4 slam Midex.
All 4 Are B/S.

mrzero
19th Nov 2010, 18:43
Dear John Casey

If Midex had proper management and maintenance from the start none of this would be happening. Don't blame the crew on the inadequate management whp put ego before anything else. Your safety philosophy is atrocious. Management has falsified logbooks and records and continue to. You tried to make crew fly an aircraft with one engine incapable of producing takeoff power. I can mention endless other blunders that you and your team of "elite" stooges have made. After the present management's performance, I'm amazed this airline is still alive.
So, please, do yourself a favour and resign with your stooges and let the professionals take over and save this airline.

As a matter of record, a recent flight lost all instruments on both sides and all auto flight capability and it is only due to the professionalism of the crew that there was not a disaster. They landed with standby instruments only!!! What's up with this???

Duty times are continuing to be exceeding due to rostering and it seems that the GCAA is turning a blind eye to all of this. Is the Dr. and the GCAA in bed with each other??
This place is getting extremely dangerous!!
Everyone out there stay away from this place!!!!!

mrzero
19th Nov 2010, 18:54
Hi there:

If you want info on the FO A300 position, well most of the FO's here are not qualified and buy their ratings elsewhere and come straight out of a 152. They either know the Dr. or someone here that pushes them in.
As for the aircraft well, if you are willing to fly an aircraft that only one engine makes takeoff power then you are joining the UAE astronaut program!!
Good luck!

mrzero
19th Nov 2010, 19:07
To clarify the FO positions for the A300 and 747:

The Captains here have to be like Captain Kirk on the Star Ship Enterprise and the FO's buy their type and come straight out of the 152. If you can handle terrible maintenance and engines that do not provide take off power then you will be joining the UAE astronaut program!!!

411A
20th Nov 2010, 09:56
It's the ten percent like you that give this company a bad name.
Similar in many other companies.
We have a good procedure for this...boot 'em out, pronto.
Solves many problems.:ok:

mrzero
20th Nov 2010, 19:51
Its sad to see that an upper management person is involved as to see the details of the explanation can only come from someone in upper management.
As for the drinking whiskey and just sitting around, this is an insult as I have been involved for a while and I am a Mormon, so this cannot be. So lets leave insults aside and get to the real problems.
The crews are intimidated at many times or are just have no where else to go and thus feel they must not say anything. The moral here is low and does not need to be this way. Direction comes from above, meaning upper management, and if they support the crews and show that they are doing things, such as maintenance and living conditions then there would be no problems. This is not the case and it shows.
Most of us are pilots here, but the airline is run by FE's with no input from the pilots. This is where the communication is breaking down and resentment exist.
Lets fix these problems and prosper, but not send out an almost threatening letter from the DFO that the crews are not doing there part. These crews are above and beyond their part and it shows with only standby instruments last week.
This crew should well commended!!

Lion 01
21st Nov 2010, 06:09
Dear Mr. Zero:

Yes, I am in managment and if you wish to discusss your issues man to man I am in office number 7. The reasons I am here is to ensure Midex's gets a fair shake. To many untrue rumors or hearsay from those how have nothing better to do than slander the company and bad mouth those who are trying to improve the situation here.

As for your below comments concerning FE's, many pilots have been asked to assisted in improving our airline but none have stepped forward because they do not want to take the time to come into the office and pitch in. For example, two A300 PILOT TRE's were asked to come into the office to assisted in improving the training program and correct errors in the flight manual and you know what there answer was, they both resigned from their position. Another example is the A300 MEL which is under review and revision and guess who is doing it, the FE's. Besides, it doesn't matter if your a pilot or fe as we are all Midex employees and should be doing our part to move the company forward.

"Most of us are pilots here, but the airline is run by FE's with no input from the pilots. This is where the communication is breaking down and resentment exist."

As for your issue with our DFO, you will have to take that up with him.

I'm not sure what your problem is concerning the living conditions, the company provides each crewmember with a two-bedroom apartment or an adequate housing allowance so you can find your own place. I live in the complex and I am happy with what the company has provided. I also believe you're getting paid a food allowance while your sitting in company provided accomodations which by the way I know of any other company that pays this when you are sitting at your home base.

As for the maintenance, we are working on alternate solutions and can only monitor to see that things are getting take care of.

sunbird123
21st Nov 2010, 07:24
Is management overseeing the maintenance?. Looks like its not. Sounds like the management needs a change. These seem to be very expensive incidents. :sad:

aeroground
21st Nov 2010, 12:38
Now the FAA have left the GCAA I am sure can take another look into this op if it is as bad as it it made out to be, you can bet your life any paperwork was not around for the Feds to see. It might be worth a closer look at what they carry, into certain areas.

aviator1979
22nd Nov 2010, 14:21
Is Midex hiring F/O 's for A300,if yes how can i apply ?

Guru8904
23rd Nov 2010, 10:01
Is Midex hiring F/O 's for A300,if yes how can i apply ?

Aviator 1979,

Email your CV to Capt Casey (Chief Pilot) at
[email protected]

Shenanigans McLane
23rd Nov 2010, 11:37
Per Mr.kitty himself:

" It's sad to see that we have another crew member sitting around his company provided apartment drinking whiskey and bad mouthing Midex!"

1. " If the crew had used "common sense" they would have done the max power takeoff from the maintenance base, found that it did not meet the required power and brought it back to be repaired instead of taking down line and having it sit in BAH being repaired."

2. "The crew probably didn't have time to fill one out because they were in a hurry to get to the bar or didn't want to make the time"

3. "If you are exceeding any limits it's your fault for allowing it to happen"

4. "We are hiring some young pilots (not too young) and what is the problem with that. We were all young once and dreamed of getting a chance of flying large aircraft at an airline. Give them a chance and you might be surprised"

WELL WELL.. We know where you're sitting as you sit there in a demoted, modified management seat as you run your trap, but just what are you smoking ?

Let me clean up some of your allegations and clarify some of your rose colored glass remarks:

1. Common sense ? That's funny considering one of your own management hooligans not only flew this a/c, but knew of the problem, didn't write it up but instead flew it anyway to benefit himself and the company ( really, how did that work out for you Capt. Management?) resulting in the thousands of dollars lost and don't forget the aborted takeoff that followed that could have resulted in a negative event.

2. To make this statement following the superb airmanship and ability to get that a/c safely on the ground only proves your lack of leadership, professionalism and what a fine example you are setting for the rest of office girls in AAN. A company is only as strong as it's weakest link. Hence the reason the abbreviations following your name changed.

3. Ok so far you want crews to hold the responsibilities of both flying, maintenance supervision and now crew scheduling supervision as well ? Is there anyone in that office that communicates with each other ? Who is planning and developing the rosters ? Who is there to supervise this ? IS ANYONE OTHER THAN CREW HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR JOBS THERE ?
Scheduling seems to think that because 2 days ago we didn't fly, it counted as " well that was your 1 in 7 or 1 in 8" then they try to reschedule your 2 in 14. Every time crew are being responsible about staying within GCAA guidelines and not exceeding limits, Capt. Management sends out an email asking crews to basically bend and interpret the rules to benefit the company. However, since you have now " clarified" who is going under the bus in the event this jeopardizes a license, you can bet you will get alot more " nope, the trip isn't legal" after scheduling has tried to educate us to the contrary. BTW, is this going to be your statement of record for the GCAA when audited again? If you want to get technical, ohhh boy we can get technical. Especially when it comes to ACTUAL duty times that include sitting on a broken a/c and flying it 4 hours later for 8 hours. There have been numerous trips taken by crews who did bend here, because despite your thoughts, values and opinions of the crews, we do want these trips being completed. We don't want to time out, return to the hotel, wait 12 hours etc. etc.

4. Hiring younger isn't the issue... hiring those with NO EXPERIENCE is deadly. Especially on an airbus !

"IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT LEAVE.. "

PS... THEY HAVE and THEY ARE ! How many more are leaving next month ? 3 as of last count.

You state that the crews aren't caring enough about the airline to roll up their sleeves and come help out ? Here's your sign !

a) 60 days on. Out of those 60, how many are spent traveling to/sitting in hotel rooms away from AAN "available" for days because of broken a/c, dispatch and scheduling incompetence ? And like you so nicely reminded us, we're responsible for NOT exceeding our hours, and contrary to Capt. Management's belief, office work DOES count as duty time. Being "available" 24/7 in it's self is illegal. There is not enough crew members around to spare as a girl friday.

b) It is common knowledge that everyone and everything in ops is micro managed and you have no authority anyway and as NON Dr has reminded us all, we're just hilly billy's remember ?

c) " IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT, LEAVE" Now why would anyone be prompted, motivated or willing to assist a management who has this attitude ? You are doing a splendid job of insulting and insinuating on a public forum the men you are supposed to be working with to create a better moral and airline that will sustain the constant maint. and schedule issues. How does that foot taste ?

Shenanigans I tell you ! Shenanigans !

Earl
24th Nov 2010, 20:50
411 this is not like a Haj flight ACMI operation.
Same as when we both flew for Saudia, GCAA regulations have to be followed, we are no different from any other Company in the UAE, otherwise they would have put this in writing.
I hope you understand this.
Big difference here.
Regs are there we have to follow them, we have lost the AOC one time already, no one wants to see this happen again.
Really dedicated crews here, hope we can make this happen.

411A
25th Nov 2010, 01:51
411 this is not like a Haj flight ACMI operation.

Never said it was, Earl...I think you have me mixed up with another poster here.:hmm:

slowto280
25th Nov 2010, 05:12
Why don't you grow some 'cajones' and not change your log in name every 12 hours (you'd have more time to be 'available' that way too).

Seriously, if it is in fact so bad, why do you stick around? Oh yeah, I know, 'could be a great place to work if only......'

Lighten up (on this public forum you speak of....), will you please?

3pointlanding
1st Dec 2010, 12:32
Lion 101
You're correct, FedEx did come and look at your airline for possible lease work and that is why you are not flying FedEx freight. As the maintenance inspector told me on his return, he would not get near Midex and their maintenance practices. he consudered the airline dangerous On the flight side it was even worse. I won't get into that btu is not pretty.

mrzero
7th Dec 2010, 00:10
Seems like Midex is firing their ex-pats pilots and engineers for doing their job properly, safely, and by the FOPM and the GCAA reg's. 5 very experienced pilots and engineers have been fired this last week alone!! Mdex wants to replace experienced ex-pats with unexperienced locals that buy their own ratings and have no time on the aircraft never mind a jet of any size. This is the Dr.'s way of running the "biggest" express so-called airline in the region.
Get a clue!!!!!

mrzero
7th Dec 2010, 03:26
Just to add that just this week Midex has fired 5 very experienced pilots/engineers for doing their job safely and by the Midex FOPM and the GCAA regs. They were told they are not "company" people meaning not willing to sacrafice their safety and that of their crewmembers to move the jet even if it means breaking regs, duty times, call outs etc.
They are willing to upgrade FO's that are no way ready for the left seat and the expats they want to get rid of who have the experience to make the place work.

Terminator3
7th Dec 2010, 08:03
wrong mrzero the flight engineers were drunkards and the pilots useless

grizz
7th Dec 2010, 08:47
You want to be careful what you say-that comment could be considered libellous,and as I personally know the FEs involved you are so very wrong. I've no doubt the truth will emerge eventually.

Terminator3
7th Dec 2010, 09:00
libellous - bollocks! It is a fact that they smelled of beer when reporting for duty, nobody knew they had a drink problem until they saw them sober one day!

grizz
7th Dec 2010, 09:03
My my, Mr terminator, we are a worried soul aren't we. Don't forget to turn out the lights when you leave!

Terminator3
7th Dec 2010, 09:16
Already left - You seem the worried soul to me

grizz
7th Dec 2010, 16:48
Wrong again, it's the guys left there I'm worried for!

aeroground
7th Dec 2010, 23:40
Time for another visit to AAN froim the GCAA seems overdue and put you out of your misery once and for all

Terminator3
8th Dec 2010, 10:04
Do not worry about it Mr Grizz, just go and have a few more drinks, your life obviously looks better through the bottom of a glass

thrax
8th Dec 2010, 10:38
Thanks to all involved in this thread, thoroughly entertaining. Keep it up!

Terminator3
8th Dec 2010, 10:39
aeroground?what do you know about it, obviously nothing at all! GCAA have visited recently. What is this misery you are talking about? I can see from your 141 posts you spend a lot of time contributing stupid comments on subjects you know nothing about, perhaps you are suffering from misery

Terminator3
8th Dec 2010, 10:42
Thanks thrax, we aim to please!

grizz
8th Dec 2010, 13:29
more inane comments.

pork chop
8th Dec 2010, 14:42
Gentlemen,

Not sure about the gossip but fact is new operation starting in SHJ. 4 possibly 6 A300-605 freighters. Guys running company European. Try [email protected]. Think he is in charge of ops and recruitment.

DoctorNo
8th Dec 2010, 15:09
MIDEX managemet rule by threats and expect crews to break every rule in the book. Let's hope the GCAA shut it down before they have a serious accident.

mrzero
9th Dec 2010, 11:41
With the recent ex-pat firings, there will be some visits to GCAA and other reglatory organisations. They are now loose canons and cannot be intimidated any longer!!!
How unprofessional is it to call your crewmembers and colleagues "drunkards and useless" and expect the remaining crewmembers to fall in line under this treat and not expect them to leave. But, again this is the Dr.'s master plan to get rid of the ex-pats and replace them with unexperienced locals who will work longer rotations, find their own housing, and work for less money. Also, accusing crewmembers that they are flying under the influence without evidence and then knowingly letting them perform their duties is another blunder of the management, but then again they condone bending the rules. All ingredients for accidents and incidents to happen.

mrzero
9th Dec 2010, 11:46
With the recent ex-pat firings, there will be some visits to GCAA and other reglatory organisations. They are now loose canons and cannot be intimidated any longer!!!
How unprofessional is it to call your crewmembers and colleagues "drunkards and useless" and expect the remaining crewmembers to fall in line under this treat and not expect them to leave. But, again this is the Dr.'s master plan to get rid of the ex-pats and replace them with unexperienced locals who will work longer rotations, find their own housing, and work for less money. Also, accusing crewmembers that they are flying under the influence without evidence and then knowingly letting them perform their duties is another blunder of the management, but then again they condone bending the rules. All ingredients for accidents and incidents to happen.

Terminator3
10th Dec 2010, 18:02
mrzero is a good name for you. your opinion is worth absolutely zero. You have no idea what you are talking about, perhaps you are related to Mr Grizz, he left Midex in the middle of the night without telling anybody - a real honourable man. Nobody supports drunken "colleagues"who report for duty still half pissed

midexpilot
10th Dec 2010, 18:37
Well. I have never posted on this forum before but I have looked at it often over the years. I work for Midex and am amazed to see the rubbish posts on here. It is obvious that the negative posts are from the unhappy crew who have been fired or left or want to leave and also from weird guys with serious mental problems and the the positive posts are from the crew who really know the truth and like it here. That includes me. This company is OK, I get paid on time every month, we now get a roster a month ahead, the aircraft are maintained well despite useless ADAT and the company is doing its best to improve in every department. It is also perfectly true that there are a few alcoholic dependent crew members but I think their days are numbered as they are well known. Keep up the good work Midex. As for the other sad gits - move on with your life, get out more, spend less time on the internet, get a girlfriend or get a hobby. You only make yourself look stupid with your comments.

mrzero
10th Dec 2010, 20:17
Its amazing that the management of Midex has to post their opinions on a rumour website. I don't think Willie Walsh or Richard Branson care to check prune out everyday and then respond to the comments that come about. Those people are true pros, but unlike here at Midex.
I won't get into how to do something, but true management professionals do not put their crew members or people down and don't do it on a amateur website. What an example is that??
Have an open forum or meeting and communicate with your people and make them feel a part of the process and this will produce a start to success. Here they believe that intimadation and name calling is the order of the day. What are we 5 years old again?? Good luck!!!

Cargoprof
12th Dec 2010, 11:52
Whoever is looking for permanent job, please be informed that Midex is not the right place to work at.
However, if u r looking for a temporarily job (3/5/9 months) then I advise u to apply.
I have been working with them and particularly with the senior management, they are tooo far from being professional, the top management/decision maker ( which is one person) is an ignorant, so do not expect things to happen as per the Employment contract....they write something and after that they will unpleasantly surprise u with something else any time without even prior notice.

Cargoprof
12th Dec 2010, 12:43
Yes, your friend is right and so are previous posts, simply bcoz Midex are unpredictable and unfair, they r nice with who they want and r devilish with the majority.
From my experience, midex's negative points are much more than their positve ones. and this is the reason u find more "negative posts" than positive ones.
I am not a pilot or FE, however I occupied a post where I was able to see every & each thing they do & decide which is unfortunately not in the favor of the employee.
This Dr. thinks himself a God and thinks that Midex is the only company on earth offering jobs.
90% of candidates get hired on the spot and particularly girls, not becoz the company needs them but jut becoz it is a kind of " a hobby" not to say something else.
Midex does not really care about the employee whether or not he/she is qualified enough, simply bcoz while hiring someone they do know that within 2/3 months max they will throw them out. it is easy to come up with any excuse....
and yes, sooo many pilots & other employees have not been given their salaries and on top of this, the company files cases against them so as in the future they will have troubles working in the UAE....I heard & saw this from the "decision maker" himself.

ShinjukuHustler
17th Dec 2010, 16:30
Anywhere the fake 'swiss' Dr Potty has his fingers then there will be widespread discontent. Making bogs has zero in common with running an airline op, just ask any of the people over at RAK Airways and they'll tell you about the mess he has been making there since 2006.

His gimps regularly post on pprune to try to counter the real gen that is posted, I think he pays a roopeee for every post they make...

Hustle On:ok:

Mrs.MIDEX
20th Dec 2010, 10:42
no post since three days!!
getting bore L

Earl
21st Dec 2010, 01:18
Mrs.MIDEX:????
no post since three days!!
getting bore L

Earl:
Merry Christmas to all and safe flying in the new year.

airtraveller
29th Dec 2010, 14:24
Earl. Merry XMas and a Happy New Year to you and all in Midex. Fly Safe and many Happy Landings,

WhaleDriver
19th Jan 2011, 16:47
Just overheard a couple MIDEX pilots talking about going to the FAA with a proposal to switch to US registration. Something about a 747 going to New York, with some big wigs on board.

Why would they consider such a thing? Less oversite in the UAE by FAA? What about the cost of such a thing? If the posts are half true here on PPrune, could they pull it off?

OldCessna
20th Jan 2011, 13:47
Why would they go FAA route?

US Military contracts!

mrzero
30th Jan 2011, 19:40
Just a heads up to all those prospective new hire Captains, FO's FE's etc. Midex today just took our 2 travel days away to go home and come back to work. How pity can they be? Extremely!! They are short of crews because they treat them terribly!! This is a fact. Being away from home this long is bad enough and then just change the rules and contract is unacceptable. The take it or leave clause will apply here believe me.
They are trying to get 5 crews on each aircraft to do permanent basing and now with this solvo its just a slap to true professionals. Stay away as conditions are only going to get worse! Apparently the new wonders are proving dangerous in the cockpit of the 747 and war pay will probably be next to go.
Glad to be away and many others , the true professionals,I know will be going.

Sir H
30th Jan 2011, 22:20
Sounds like Midex, alright. Management do whatever they can to make the crews feel like a happy family. Time to eject ;-(

DoctorNo
31st Jan 2011, 03:46
With the recent change in upper management at Midex coditions and morale are once again in deline. Although not included in the cotract travel days were very important to eveyone, and this is just the start. Now that there are other jobs around just watch the exodus of good and qualified crew over the next few months, then it will not be long before we all hear about the first accident at Midex. If you are thinking about joining this company, be warned and STAY AWAY. :=

classicpilot
2nd Feb 2011, 18:05
Your probably the guy who throws his wallet on the center console of the aircraft and tells the pilot to take your money because they are taxing at a normal speed and your trying to milk the company. Are you trying to say conditions are normal at Midex?

Goldfinger01
3rd Feb 2011, 02:33
:ugh: Under the enlightened leadership of Mr. F/E DM, the flood of those leaving is an utter certainity. Whats next, an imposed 11-1 leave schedule? Dont be shocked if it happens. How on earth does he expect to retain good, qualified crew by making things worse and worse? Perhaps he has the mistaken concept that "The beatings will continue until moral improves?" Good luck with that....

Goldfinger01
4th Feb 2011, 03:22
:ugh: MidEx's new/old DO seems to have the management philosophy that in order to retain crew, threaten,abuse and punish those the company does have. That'll teach them right? "The beatings will continue until moral improves."

freeborn
10th Feb 2011, 16:12
stop fXXXXXXX crying people
what ever the managment will do you all will listen
if not there is the door......
I dont see anyone leaving so then stop crying like little girls:D

DoctorNo
11th Feb 2011, 07:00
stop fXXXXXXX crying people
what ever the managment will do you all will listen
if not there is the door......
I dont see anyone leaving so then stop crying like little girls

Mr Freeborn you must be Midex management. Many pilots at Midex are in the process of securing jobs with other companies, just watch the exodus over the next few months.

Goldfinger01
11th Feb 2011, 12:03
Mr. Freeborn
First, may I compliment you on your obviously excellent command of the English language? If you dont see anyone leaving, then you havent been at MidEx for long or simply dont pay attention. There has been, and will continue to be a significant loss of experienced, qualified crew. This loss of crew is going to accelerate in the coming weeks. Just wait and see.:=

lexxie747
11th Feb 2011, 12:44
DrNo !

just read freeborn previous posts......i am sure management would be a bit to much.....

a350_b787
11th Feb 2011, 16:43
Nice to hear these...
I was included in the landing gear replacement of Midex A300's. I'm working as an avionics in the maintenance base of MIDEX:D

slowto280
11th Feb 2011, 17:23
lexxie747,

Take a look at all the whiners previous posts......

Oh, nevermind, there are none because the whiners change their log-in names twice a day. But take a look at the previous Orex, Star, Phuket, Logistics or any of those 'other' company threads here and I am sure you will find similar posts from posters who only post 2 or 3 times and then vanish for some reason. Strange, no?

Who knows though, maybe freeborn has some kind of pro Midex long term plan....... he (she) had been planning the above post for years...........

747flyingspanner
12th Feb 2011, 11:07
Oh, this is the little bitch with the medical problem that can't fly. On management's side now? In the past you were the mouth all mighty who hated management. When we caught you with that ladyboy and promised not to tell anybody, you think your more of a man now?:rolleyes:

747flyingspanner
12th Feb 2011, 11:22
Dear DM & JC,
If Midex had proper management & maintenance from the start none of this would be happening. Don't blame the crew on the inadequate management who put their ego before anything else. Your safety & management philosophy is atrocious. Management falsified logbooks. You tried to make crew fly an aircraft with one engine incapable of producing take off power. Two of your 747s have serious avionic problems. You simply swap parts from one aircraft to another. One of your avionics mechanic has informed the GCAA that he was asked to exchange parts but he refused to, saying it was very dangerous. I can mention endless other blunders that you & your team of "elite" stooges have made. After the present management's performance, I'm amazed this airline still have an AOC:=.
So please, do your self a favor & resign with your stooges & let the professionals take over & save this airline.

Yours Sincerely,
Majority of the Midex crew

slowto280
12th Feb 2011, 11:39
...........................:{

A300PFE
12th Feb 2011, 18:53
Speak for yourself and don't put your opinions on everyone else. If you don't like it here do everyone a favor and leave.

Mr bob loblaw
14th Feb 2011, 03:05
Yep, complaining on a public forum... that'll fix everything. If these d-bags would apply half their energy contributing to fix these so called problems (rather than just whine), life would be much better. Hey guys, don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out!
"The wood is in the tool-shed"

trashhauler
14th Feb 2011, 19:44
I've been reading with interest all the posts about Midex. First, I have never been near a Midex aircraft and know nothing of the operations. But..I do know several of the people at Midex. I know the CP and cannot imagine him being management material, but I could be wrong since I have never worked for him. I also have several very good friends that are crew and I have asked them what the hell is going on over there. I trust their judgement and although there are problems, according to them, things are getting better. Like some mentioned, why not leave.
Many carriers are back into the hiring mode, Kalittla, Evergreen, FedEx, and many of the people carriers are ramping up for the coming "aged out exodus". Why not just quit bitching and apply. I am sure you would get on with someone, even Atlas if your desperate.

Fr8Dog
15th Feb 2011, 01:28
trashhauler

I've been reading with interest all the posts about Midex. First, I have never been near a Midex aircraft and know nothing of the operations. But..I do know several of the people at Midex. I know the CP and cannot imagine him being management material, but I could be wrong since I have never worked for him. I also have several very good friends that are crew and I have asked them what the hell is going on over there. I trust their judgement and although there are problems, according to them, things are getting better. Like some mentioned, why not leave.
Many carriers are back into the hiring mode, Kalittla, Evergreen, FedEx, and many of the people carriers are ramping up for the coming "aged out exodus". Why not just quit bitching and apply. I am sure you would get on with someone, even Atlas if your desperate.

Let us see, Atlas stock goes up $8 a share today, post unbelievable profits for 2010. Expects more of the same for 2011, Running a class every 2 weeks.
New A/C on the way, Military pax service about to begin. Some of the best pay and bennies in the business. Yep Atlas is for the desperate only.

What a :mad:

Earl
15th Feb 2011, 01:53
Company is not allowed to do their own MX its contracted out which is probably the biggest issue.

superspotter
15th Feb 2011, 17:55
Just out of interest, had three CFM 56's onboard today heading to DXB, all for Midex :)

CR2
22nd Feb 2011, 08:57
Am curious to know what MIDEX would do with CFM56 engines :confused:

slowto280
22nd Feb 2011, 11:00
I would imagine CF6. Close, but no cigar......

assaadman
15th Mar 2011, 08:26
well...all is good at our company.....will tell everyone soon..best wishes:D

WhaleDriver
15th Mar 2011, 23:57
All is well? Your DO is calling CM's to see if their coming back to work, sometimes three or four times while their on their days off. You bet, all's well?

Bone225
20th Mar 2011, 22:16
real close....

SassyPilotsWife
21st Mar 2011, 06:48
as close as the last time you predicted :0)

GlueBall
21st Mar 2011, 09:30
...Do you guys get any "hazardous duty" pay when buzzing into Afghanistan? :eek:

Fr8Dog
21st Mar 2011, 15:58
SassyPilotsWife

as close as the last time you predicted

I personally spoke to a friend of mine that is an F/E there 2 days ago, he confirms that he would love to get the hell out of there, that people are leaving like rats from a sinking ship, and that they have been filling the vacancy's with people that should not be flying around in a 74.

SassyPilotsWife
21st Mar 2011, 19:19
Hey FR8! How ya been ?

mrzero
21st Mar 2011, 21:54
Its about time that Midex is going as this place treats people and their families horribly. The UAE is a slave state anyway and Midex is just a serrogate of it. The recent treatment of 4 of my friends who tried to leave and resign on good terms and did their share to report incidents of safety issues, which is a legal requirement, even in the UAE, is a crime!! All of them secured jobs for them and their families elsewhere which were much better and now, through either no or bad recommendations or not releasing information or suggesting that they will be prosecuted for crimes and sued and arrested and put in prison is just a gross violation of HUMAN RIGHTS PERIOD!! To stop someone from bettering themself and their family is a gross injustice and Midex and their upper management do work by threats and intimidation to control their staff, pilots and employees and keep them hold up in the prison laws of the UAE. This needs to be know and recognized by all as this is not normal human behaviour and the only way to stop it is to leave and make sure that this does not happen to others who get sucked into the Midex vacuum. Enough is enough and the lights need to be shut off!!
:D

Fr8Dog
22nd Mar 2011, 12:04
SassyPilotsWife

Hey FR8! How ya been ?

I have been just fine, thanks for asking. Life @ Atlas is good!

As far as the post above, yes this is what I am told from my friends that are there, and from a couple that have left. The problem is that there are and always will be those that will take these jobs to build time in a heavy. The thing that is terrifying is that they are putting people in these aircraft that are not qualified to be taxiing one let alone flying them. Not that we don't have a couple here @ Atlas that should not be flying around the globe in an 800,000+ pound airplane.

A300PFE
22nd Mar 2011, 12:23
I have been at MIDEX for 2 years there are alot more people who want to stay than leave. I have never had any problems with MIDEX and will continue to stay here. I've never been ask to do anything unsafe or break any rules. No one makes anyone stay here if you dont like it then leave it's simple. The biggest part of all bad post on here are either totaly out there and wrong or extreamly miss lead. And no I don't work in the office Im just a line guy that tries to do my job the best I can.

mrzero
22nd Mar 2011, 22:09
You know its people like you or should I say if you are an 'Airmen' or just did not make the grade, that make our business of being professionals in this field of flying, a shame!!
The ' if you don't like just leave' motto is the best because if you had a piece of brain in your head and of course you are the big expert and have been at Midex for 2 years, which I would not be proud about, shows that you do not know what you are talking about.
The infamous Mr. Ass)aad has told a few of my close friends that he will decide when people can leave and how and being an inexperienced person that he is, which is being kind, this is an insult to any professional in any field never mind in aviation which he knows nothing about.
You people who say, 'stop whining and just go' well once again its not that easy as if you want to the right thing the company, MIDEX, and Mr Assaad and the Dr. even though by the last meeting and minutes he does not want to be mentioned or if you have a problem, do not go to the main office in the Freezone, he is not involved in the daily workings of the company, is just rubblish!! The Dr. thru his lacky Mr. McLane, are completely in control and the minutes of the last meeting just shows that the GCAA is also on the take and this will also be exposed in the next few days.
Aviation is a money maker for those who are professionals and know the business, not chancers like the Dr. and the Mclanes of the world. If you guys are that scared and need money that bad then you have waited too long in life and must make a break and do something else. As you all say' if you don't like it leave' well if the doors closed tomorrow then what would you do???
These are problems with current people that have had their lives ruined by MIDEX by not allowing people to leave and resign accordingly and thus have already threaten them and have lost their jobs elsewhere. There will be retribution everywhere as other CAA's I am sure will be notified.
When you say' if you don't like it just leave' well the Dr. and the DO and others make sure that this is not possible and you will be sued, threatened, intimatated and put in prison in the UAE or elsewhere. Just ask several of our ex-employees who tried to resign and were put in prin in RAK and in Al Ain.
Its a mess that needs to be wiped away and if the ME locals want it than so be it, but all EX-PATS STAY AWAY!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!:=

A300PFE
23rd Mar 2011, 09:35
Once again MRZERO your full of S:mad: see if you can get your so called friends to really tell you how they left in the middle of the night like rat's.

theloady
23rd Mar 2011, 14:34
Mr0

well is not the best place to be i agree.. but c'mon we are not in a Blkbuster Movie here..

I had a colleague jailed in Al Ain cuz was driving drunk like the Hell.

Yes.I worked there and i started to be pissed off after 7 months.

I just resigned taking the service door and say f:mad:off.

Nobody forced me to stay thus no issues at the yalla yalla Immigration In dubai.

I'm still having layovers in the sandbox with my actual employer and never had any issues even if i left the ''scary monster'' midex.

cheers
Andy

assaadman
23rd Mar 2011, 18:31
This posting from Mr. Zero was most interesting to me!!!! Yes, it is very true
that the Europeans & North American fliers should be very careful ! Here in
UAE and in the middle east in general we have a different mentality from that of other nationalities.
We, the owners are the masters at Midex!!!!! Please do not forget who your employers are!!! You people who think that flying an aeroplane is work should be ashamed of yourselves... Its only fun for you aviators!!! Midex Airlines provides the most comprehensive training for all its flight staff. We provide superior living accommodation for all. Yes its true that good people leave our friendly
and caring company, but they mis-understand our ways of doing business. Some experienced 747 Captains have left us without even a good bye!! Oh well its must be again our middle east (especially Lebanese) hospitality!!!!!
Although the GCAA had many questions during our investigations we successfully managed to deceive them by blaming the aircrews for falsifications of the facts. We have never been concerned about the safety of our aircraft. Ok a couple of times flight instrumentation has failed, but we fix all by re-racking and doing a simple ground test. What more do you flyboys need? We can't be assured that the crews are telling the truth.!!..You all must realise that it cost us at Midex Airlines a lot of valuable time and especially money to keep being bothered maintaining so called important items. I don't much about airplanes but I think you have many other things to be concerned with such as getting our cargo to our very important customers....You worried Captains ....the new First Officers (local boys ) will take care of all the stress.....We have trained them into being the elite....At Midex we are so proud of ourselves...also..our Post holders are all dedicated to the.. company...They follow orders well and keep the troops well informed. If sometimes they rise above their station, we bring them to the offices to re-inforce our rules....We surely don't want any of these important men to lose respect for us, the rulers.....anyway most of them really do not like their jobs but just hang on for their monthly pay and of course have nowhere else to go!!!! I guess the American term for these guys.. are losers !!!!!! Well Mr. Zero, who ever you are you should not be so nasty with Midex. Its a great place to work..so 300pfe tells us so!!!He is another little man who we are in control of....An Airbus 300 pfe also has no other place to go..!!! He must stay at Midex...he's a wonderful loser...........Well enough said about this amazing company.....Hope all have enjoyed this latest brief.....Bye the way we will be needing more flight crews soon....If you know someone who needs a fantastic opportunity please let the company know right away....

Thats all for now......:D

Fr8Dog
24th Mar 2011, 15:47
If this guy (assaadman) really has anything to do with Midex I can understand why my friends are afraid for their lives. I thought Frank Fine was bad in the 80's! Holy ****!

411A
25th Mar 2011, 22:08
I don't think so. I think he's an FE that is sitting in the DO's seat.
Absolutely nothing new...it has been done at least once with a Brit aircarrier, some years ago.

mrzero
28th Mar 2011, 21:21
I must say, I have never worked at Midex but have several friends that have passed thru or are still hold in prison there. As for the Term 3, he is seems so much in the know that he is management and the above title suggest that. Enough said on that. being a legal person, I must say that for him to name and defame and being a (now) US citizen, he is now subject to rule of law no matter where it is, so watch out for that. This is for free! As for all the matters, it is basically a free site to vent your vieews, that called FREEDOM OF PRESS AND EXPRESSION, get used to it. If it hurts then you and others are being surpressed but are buying the price which is fine but don't expend on others. Midex is an evil and unjust organization and when in the overall scheme you have over 100 people who have bailed in the runner in the past 3 years, this just justifies it.
Bottom line, get pros at the top, have the owners, be just that, owners, and run a professional organization like the Apples, and such of the world and you get what called customer satisfaction, worker satisfaction and loyalty and a profitable and sustainable organization.
But, NO! What do we have at MIDEX, inept management, an owner and local that can't spell aviation and unhappy peole all around and then they do runners and put on the arrest list and put in prison. What?? This is a flagarent violation of HUMAN RIGHTS!! All of you look it up! Slavery is alive and well in the Middle East and in the glorious UAE and its beginning to show and I can only hope it spreads to the offices of MIDEX AIRLINES!!:ugh:

chickenhunter
18th Apr 2011, 16:04
Been kinda quiet here on this thread.
Wonder how long that will last.

Jetflayer59
25th Apr 2011, 00:31
Hallow Gentleman.
Just joined the forum, I am a Mexican pilot ( not from Mexicana Airlines)
And wondering if Midex will take non rated pilots and if they have an age limit.
Thank you for any info.
Sergio. :rolleyes:

elobeid
19th May 2011, 09:16
Heard Midex had moved to Sharjah for a possible merger with some local outfit. Are they still operating under the leadership of the old crowd ?

chickenhunter
23rd Jul 2011, 21:37
Still the same management from what I understand.
Crews are being forced to take the 1 year contract with only 30 days leave per year.
Take it or leave it even after the owner promised that this would not happen in a meeting with the pilots a few months before, what a joke his word has become.
Now from what I hear he states he never made such statements.
Take this for what it is worth.
Crews that signed the new deal will be leaving as soon as they find better options.
From what I hear the 747 operation is getting dangerous as check captains have resigned refusing to pass the recently hired ones.

mrzero
12th Aug 2011, 21:36
Well its been a while, but the end, like Rome, is slowly coming to Midex and glad to see it. I finally take my hat off to Capt. MacKenzie for finally leaving Midex and telling them what he thought. He was spot on for what he said and like the style in the way he left.
His letter to them is so right, Midex has distroyed current and past crew members way of life and that of their families. To say that their faith is one of compassion and love of family is such a joke!!!
The Dr. and Mr A999999 are not only complete idiots and incompetent, but are bent on being slave drivers and owners and that is what Midex is all about. Now, that the Dir. of Training is gone and examiner, who does the fake sign offs now?? I guess M-- will be enpowered to do so by the so called regulatory GCAA which is also a joke. As long as they are paid off the GCAA will turn a blind eye on any type of infringment or out right breaking of international ICAO and IATA rules. That Midex and and other UAE airlines are permitted to fly to Europe or anywhere for that matter is a slap to such great institutions of ICAO, FAA, CAA and IATA.But, as long as money is put in the right pockets these evil powers will continue to operate. Just be aware that if you want to work for such companies, your life and that of others is in danger!! People that are still at Midex have no where else to go, so they are slaves to the masters and they either have medical and mental problems or are too old to go anywhere. A shame for them, but life is too short and there is always something else besides aviation and as long as people hoare themself out to places like the UAE and companies like Midex, then I cannot feel any sorrow for them as there is always a choice, LEAVE!!! If people continue to believe in the Ms and Cs of the world then you are sunk. These two people are going no where else as they can't and have brought the dignity of being a pilot and human being to the bottom of the barrel. They are losers and not going anywhere and the industry is well aware of them.
Midex, in the past 4 months have lost the best pilots and check airmen they could ever dream of having, but slave owners never care, just look at what happened to the South. It never came back!!! Not touch this place and the ones there, run away quickly!!!!:eek::uhoh:

Cape Fear
13th Aug 2011, 17:08
any one after a A300-600 cargo job in middle east ? F/O or Capt

Earl
14th Aug 2011, 16:49
I take offense Mr. Zero about your last statement where you refer Midex to the South, there is no comparison.
That Civil war really never ended, and us Southerners really don't care how those damn Yankees did it up North.

No longer with Midex myself but be prepared as the South is gonna do it again.

Capitano08
18th Aug 2011, 14:49
sure am glad mack and you finally left/who got left on the original band of brothers? I told you so 3 eons ago /:ok:

2Bad2Sad
19th Aug 2011, 02:10
To be accurate the real deal info on this airline has been reported prior to these post for a long time now by many pilots.
Those in the Airline industry know operations at Midex is just standing next to the cliff waiting on the final word to jump over the edge.
Severe management changes have to be in order for this one to survive.
More than likely this one wont last or be in operation by years end.
The assistant DFO should hope that Midex last forever as his name is Bold Print worldwide and will turn the lights off for them.
Next Job Burger King perhaps for him as he has more than shown his true intentions.
Good on you Mac and others for leaving.

3pointlanding
7th Sep 2011, 19:41
With all the carriers hiriing in the states I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to stay with out outfit like Midex

chickenhunter
8th Sep 2011, 03:31
Exactly and well stated.
For anyone to work abroad is the simple reason to make money, have the ability to save and work in stable environment with a good company.
Midex airlines is not one that provides any of these securities short or long term.
Buying a car or signing any type of housing lease agreement is too risky due to the unstable workplace the company has established.
Contracts are constantly changed before they expire, leave and benefits taken away.
The old take it or leave it attitude exists.
No end of service bonus will be paid upon contract completion because Midex claims they work in the Free Zone and does not have to comply with UAE Labor Laws,even though you will hold a valid GCAA license and UAE Labor Employment card.
Your roster will show 7 days off per month, all other days you are considered available at a moments call out notice.
If you do not fly on your available days your off days will be moved without your knowledge to reflect this as time off time given within the local regulations.
Not a good choice unless you are desperate,with the market improving constantly I would not see anyone going or staying with this type of operation.

Ranoosh
17th Sep 2011, 15:43
Any one knows about A300 B4 flight deck crew job offers?
thx

SassyPilotsWife
18th Sep 2011, 12:43
thx

MrZero ? Chickenhunter? 2bad ? 3point? Anyone ????? :ok:

stay tuned... the best is yet to come :)

DoctorNo
18th Sep 2011, 12:56
SassyPilotsWife.

thx MrZero ? Chickenhunter? 2bad ? 3point? Anyone ????? http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

I assume you are a supporter of Midex management, If this is the case then it's a small world in aviation. Word gets around quick, most of us will never recomend anyone who supported Midex Management for a job anywhere. We know who you all are, what comes around goes around. Enjoy unemployment.

SassyPilotsWife
18th Sep 2011, 13:36
Dr No,

Seriously ? So what i'm reading is that you know me, and you can prevent me from working in aviation again?

I have been sitting here for 5 minutes trying to decide which way to respond to this. Ohhh the choices !!! :E

Enjoy unemployment ? Hell yeah I would :p

You may want to read my post again Sherlock :) And if you think you know me, then I'd LOVE to hear what job you could prevent me from having in aviation. {this should be good} :D

DoctorNo
18th Sep 2011, 13:59
SassyPilotsWife.

I never said I knew who you were, just that those of us that escaped Midex and now have other job's, obviously know who management were and who supported them. If your name is on that list then there dont expect any support from any of us. Good luck with your job hunting.

SassyPilotsWife
19th Sep 2011, 04:51
I won't even reply to such a stupid response. :ugh:

But I do have a question. If Midex did you and your buddies "we" so wrong, what did you do about it ? Did you make any attempts at bringing them to justice so that it won't continue? Or did you just take off and run and save your energy and time to whine on Pprune about it ? If you care so much about your fellow brothers and detest management so much, MAN UP!

chickenhunter
19th Sep 2011, 05:45
Your loving one got slammed worst of all.
Be careful what you say.
Man Up, maybe you can handle this for us all that were cheated not paid accordingly and slammed to the wall.
As you know going against the grain there will get you terminated quick.
Having another Job in the area is a big plus to bring them down to reality.
Wish you lots of luck.

SassyPilotsWife
19th Sep 2011, 11:00
In proc.... How about those 49'ers?

classicpilot
28th Sep 2011, 13:22
How do you feel now sassypilotswife after they screwed your husband? Still a big muddex fan?:ok:

classicpilot
28th Sep 2011, 13:36
"Assaad,

It is absolutely NOT necessary for me to do what you suggest below.
My three year contract with Midex ended on 30th June.
I am no longer employed by Midex and as such do not have to give any resignation to anybody.
I am certainly not coming back to the UAE.
I am not sending my passport anywhere and my UAE residence permit expires in two months anyway on 11th October
I have already removed it from my passport.
For your information the way you have personally handled the many crew who have left Midex has been a VERY LARGE contributory factor to a lot of other crew members leaving or about to leave.
The atmosphere at Midex is dreadful and the morale amongst staff is the lowest I have experienced in my 40 years in aviation. I have never before witnessed a company treating it's staff, from office staff to Captains and Post Holders so badly and with such contempt and arrogance.
Midex is now world famous for it's nastiness.
I really don't know how I stuck it for three years and how I put up with that obnoxious arsehole McLane.
What a relief it is to get away.
I have to say it as it is.

Sincerely,

Ex-Director of Training"

Muddex really know how to treat their hard working management. Are these little people out of their little minds? How stupid could you be? Nobody left to train or do sim checks. A new chief pilot who was an first officer in his last job at Saudi Airlines. How did they pull the wool over the GCAA's eyes on this one? What will the ex-hotel receptionist assaad do after the moron airline closes down? Double ass in his name, well suited for him, just like the dictator ruler of Syria who is slaughtering all his people. I think the DFO is a mark man in the aviation world. Nobody will be hiring him in a hurry. I believe the GCAA are receiving floods of complaints from crew. Bye bye muddex :D Well done ass aad ass aad & the rest of the stooges with their cigars. They even promoted the liar john scaff who never worked for an airline before, can't fly an aircraft or even do the radios. Birds of a feather, stick together:ugh:

classicpilot
28th Sep 2011, 13:40
Hello Fellow crew members & Friends,

I just want to say goodbye & let you know how Midex have treated me.
I flew for Midex for almost one year, on the 30th of September will be a full year. I gave management one month's resignation notice on the 1st, what a big mistake. They held onto my salary until the 15th of September, then little man assaad illegally withheld 19,000 AED for no reason. He told me if I was stuck for money he could give me some from the petty cash. I asked this little man assaad to explain why he illegally took this money but he has ignored my emails. He also refused to accept my resignation, who does he think he is???
Now they have filed a lawsuit against me for alleging that I have broken the contract, when in fact they have broken it. I am also filing a lawsuit against them.
In my 11 months I have seen many good & very experienced people walk away from Midex with very bad feelings against Midex & the UAE. Why else would adults leave without notice during the night time . I have seen the way the little man assaad badly treated a very experienced captain & good friend of mine named, Mike Burkholder. This ex-hotel receptionist assaad called our CEO a "office boy for crew" but management seem very frightened of him. I wonder what he will do after Midex?

Ever since I've joined this company the atmosphere & morale has been very bad & low. Midex management have their heads stuck in the sand, they really do not know how their crew & staff feel. Even crew scheduling don't know how to evenly distribute flights for crew.
Nobody can tell me of any other airline in the world that has an attrition of crew like Midex. How can this be if they are doing such a great job, assaad's words. I could go on & on but I know many of you already know the bulk of what I have to say.
Over the next month at least 17 crew members from both aircraft will be leaving, including some from management.
Why must an airline be so nasty to staff leaving, instead of wishing them luck with their new job. Something is very wrong in Midex.
Good luck to you all in the future, you have my contact info if you ever want to keep in touch. Take care

SassyPilotsWife
28th Sep 2011, 15:16
Classic,

You find where I ever mentioned being a fan, and I'll be glad to answer the question. :ugh:

Your lawsuit will be a waste of time. The lawyers will take what is left of your last salary. If you know my husband, then you're better off contacting him instead. If you have left Midex, you have nothing to lose right?

Earl
29th Sep 2011, 03:34
I am not really sure why Midex does not pay the end of contract money that is due under the UAE labor Laws.
This is 21 days per year base pay X 3 for a 3 year contract, 63 days total.
So you can see this is quite a chunk of change due.
If you hold a UAE labor card and complete the contract this money should be paid.
Was told they operate in the free zone by a phone call and do not have to pay this.
But they would never answer emails or put this in writing after asking for clarification many times before leaving.
You either sign your end of contract/final pay agreement or you do not get paid, which does not include this end of contract salary.
I really understand why many have left on their own.
Doing things the correct way gets you no where at Midex.
As the old saying goes,,no good deed goes unpunished.

Earl
29th Sep 2011, 04:16
I felt during my whole out so called processing briefing that something was not correct.
Sat there listening and thinking this man is HR he works for us,,we don't work for him.. exactly who does he think he is?
Some how Midex has this all upside down and not like any airline you would ever work for.
Wish the crews left there the best of luck,,but don't see this one lasting long.
Start screwing around with salary and one gets known quick!

3pointlanding
29th Sep 2011, 14:36
I seriously doubt Assad posted on this site. For one, the claims are overreasching to say the least. Any 777's built are already claimed by someone else not to mention the cost and the classics are jurassic with the cost of maintaining them going through the roof. And secondly, I do not know of any owner ever rising to take the bait of what are clearly from disgusted crew members.
Having lived in the kitty litter box for 8 years, I am quite aware of the Arab companies reluctance to honor contracts and I certainly am sympathetic to those who suffer under those conditions which brings me back to one of the other posts I made. With the shortage of pilots and the hiring going on world-wide, why would anyone put up with the shananigans of an obviously disreputable outfit like Midex.

Earl
30th Sep 2011, 01:02
I don't think Assad posted this either.
Maybe it was meant to be a joke.
I did receive my final pay a few days after leaving Dubai, so he kept his word on this one.
But I don't agree with the end of service not being paid due to Midex operating in the so called free zone.
Why have UAE Resident Visa,,UAE Labor Card along with GCAA License and Medical,,then state we don't pay this end of service as we are not under the UAE labor Laws?
Yet if you depart without giving notice they will use the UAE labor laws to come after you.
Contract was changed 3 times in 3 years all before the expiration or completion date, either sign it or go home,,this is not correct either.
Sorry was born at night,,but not last night!
As someone previously posted this is being looked at on a higher level.
Don't waste money on a useless UAE lawyer.

747flyingspanner
1st Oct 2011, 06:53
For some reason the Midex form was closed but we can continue here. I currently work at Midex & I can tell you every crew member is looking for a new job, even the office staff & bus drivers. Now, for all you midex supporters, by now you must be asking why? If not, your heads are in the sand with the owner & management

DoctorNo
1st Oct 2011, 10:24
Would be interesting to find out why the original thread got closed, maybe Midex management are getting scared. I hope this company gets closed down before they have a serious accident. Most of the good guy's who have left now have other job's, best of luck to all those who are about to leave.:ok:

SassyPilotsWife
2nd Oct 2011, 18:49
.........;)

Hogg
3rd Oct 2011, 06:48
The thread was closed because i was away on a trip and was busy enough than to shift thru the comments made on this thread.

Please keep to the thread if you can and keep the names out of it unless youre prepared to give us all your details etc.
Not that we will need them ok guys.
Hogg

SassyPilotsWife
3rd Oct 2011, 07:34
Hogg,

I think you need a lovely assistant! :E

SassyMOD yep, thats the ticket!

Dengue_Dude
3rd Oct 2011, 11:43
Blimey . . .

I'm so glad I didn't take up the offer of a job a couple of years back. Sounds like a really good place to leave . . .

Best of luck for those about to get out.

Bone225
6th Oct 2011, 04:08
Funny...... all the postings from the people that told me to get a life and I did not like my postings when I said that it was not a matter of "IF" it was "WHEN"

I knew then that that end was inevitable and seems to be playing out to be just that....

Another S%$# bag airline down the tubes....

I do feel bad for all the people that were treated badly, and feel really bad for the people that will still be treated badly until they escape this so called airline!

Wish the best for all that have escaped and for everyone that does escape!

I do not feel bad for the S&%#bags that run that place and the cronies that will get what they deserve everthing that is coming to them....there is Karma and it is coming to them...soon very soon! you know who you are! and so do we!

chickenhunter
7th Oct 2011, 04:08
Bone 225 you were correct in your prediction
Ones in management past and present names are bold print world wide.
Better for them to stay there, turn out the lights then apply at Burger King.
Aviation is a very small world.

midexcrew
9th Oct 2011, 16:29
I am another of the very many midex crew members who is about to leave. What an awful, badly managed company this is. The senior management are dreadful, disgusting people. The so called director of operations is a really sick individual with serious personality, ego and mental problems and the hr manager, who incidentally worked in hotel reception previously is an idiot. Between the two of them they could not run a sweet shop. There will be another fifteen crew members leaving very soon. How long can this pathetic company go on ? They have lost or are about to lose all their competent crew and managers. Why does the gcaa let them operate ?

Earl
10th Oct 2011, 03:49
Well as far as I am concerned Midex still owes me almost 11,000 USD.
That they did not pay after completing the contract, under UAE labor laws.
Bottom Line is Midex airlines does not pay,,,stay away!
Even if you leave the correct way.
Sign a contract for 3 years they will change it many times,,not to your benefit.
Then if you leave correctly they will still cheat you out of every last dime!

Sir H
10th Oct 2011, 08:30
Sounds to me that they are finally running out of money. Not paying the employees properly, and not paying for maintenance (having a reduced number of aircrafts airworthy). Many of us seen the signs before. Midex never had, and never will make any profit! Reports say that they only have a couple contracted flights a day into "Talibanistan" and very occasionally, some odd charter (mainly to Africa). This is in competition with several other operators, where of course, the lowest bid wins the contract. It gives by far not enough revenue to operate a fleet of 5 A300 and 3 B742 ! Hopefully the owner/CEO realize that he is not able to make any money in aviation. Time for him to pull the plug and fold this failure, before someone gets badly hurt.

midexcrew
11th Oct 2011, 15:29
The latest is that the owner has lost many millions due to extremely bad management and is looking to close it down and cut his losses. It went seriously downhill after the latest C.O.O. was appointed. It of course did not help matters when, at every pilot meeting, the owner told them that they were all replaceable and his young son could fly an aircraft after visiting a flight deck. He also told crew that if they left they would be arrested the next time they arrived in the UAE. What an idiot !!

Dengue_Dude
11th Oct 2011, 17:19
He also told crew that if they left they would be arrested the next time they arrived in the UAE. What an idiot !!

Good man, that'll encourage everyone. . .

You're right, he's a ****.

Earl
12th Oct 2011, 00:18
Actually the part about being arrested if you left was miss-quoted.
He said those that have left without giving notice,think he called them runners or cowards, had Interpol after them now.
Then he said if you have to leave, then leave the correct way.
Well that one does not work either as they refuse to pay the end of service required under UAE law, even if you fully complete the contract.
He also stated that crews would not be forced on to that 12 months on and 1 month off contract,,he restated this many times and said does everyone here understand.
If you signed the 12/1 then a 15% pay raise would be given.
Some pilots recorded this meeting as no one trusts this man.
I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the many times he has lied to the pilots.
Some signed and then the contract was changed again.
Threats along with Intimidation is the SOP there.
Then a few weeks later he claimed he never made such statements in front of at least 75 pilots, when they were forced under this new contract.
I call a duck a duck,,wont sugar coat this one at all.

Earl
12th Oct 2011, 00:59
Forgot to add one important item from that last meeting between the Owner and the pilots.
One Pilot asked since we moved from Al Ain and now we are all scattered all over DXB and SHJ there is costs involved,,transportation ones in getting to work
We were told that maybe Midex would give us some kind of allowance for this..perhaps 500AED per month/137. usd.
The doctor stated well you dont fly your monthly guarantee of 65 hours so you really owe me money.
Was a shock to hear him say this, we owe him money?
This is no fault of the crews as many flights cancel and many aircraft constantly AOG.
We did not take this job to sit around a hotel apartment and do nothing.
You know you can throw a frog into hot water and he will jump out because he knows this will hurt him.
But take that same frog and put him in some nice warm water then slowly increase the heat and he will sit there untill he boils himself to death!
We all know right from wrong,,Midex is very confused about this one!
I have never worked anywhere in my life as to where I seen crews threatened if they left without giving notice.

midexcrew
13th Oct 2011, 05:04
Midex is such a bad company because the management are dreadful incompetent people:

Director of Flight Operations disgusting human being with very low intelligence, more suited to working at mcdonalds
Chief Operating Officer totally out of his depth, should also be selling burgers
HR manager young ex hotel worker who is a blatant incompetent liar
Owner very nasty short little man with serious complexes and ego problems

The safety director and other managers are of the same ilk

It could have been a good company - what a pity!

punkalouver
13th Oct 2011, 20:31
What about the chief pilot. Heard he is O.K.

Earl
15th Oct 2011, 02:38
Which one?
747 or A300?
JB the old A300 C/P was a good one,
But he followed the regulations completely so company replaced him as he did not fit in with the type of operation they wanted to operate as in every reg is considered a Gray area.
Things went really down hill after this.

chickenhunter
11th Nov 2011, 04:20
Midex ,,still as of today has not paid its past crew members according to UAE labor laws.. Ones that left early with proper resignations,,ones that completed contracts.with proper notice etc.
Management at Midex now, ex focus air,,start up airline that abused funding 92 million dollars from the Minnesota teachers retirement fund, fraud waste and abuse.
Now we start to see the rest of the story,,documented factual ones,,more to come soon! Stay tuned.

chickenhunter
5th Dec 2011, 04:45
How was that recent job interview Mr ADO?
Sure you are happy with the results as they fully recognized all the excellent credentials, flying abilities,operating knowledge,management skills you along with company managers had to offer.
But one thing all forget.
This is a very very small industry.
But I understand burger king is hiring,
Look forward to seeing you there,and yes I would like fries with that.

midexcrew
6th Dec 2011, 05:47
What the totally incompetent DFO and Assistant DFO need to realize is that every one detests them, particularly the so called DFO. Nobody will ever hire these guys. As for the C.O.O. and HR manager they must be the most useless guys in aviation. They are only in those positions due to family connections with the owner. The owner does not seem to realize that not only his own awful attitude to his staff but also these totally useless "managers" have screwed his airline :D

Escaped from midex
6th Dec 2011, 07:40
I recently did a midnight runner from midex. That is the only way to leave them otherwise they screw you by not paying what they owe you. The mentality there is to treat your staff like s__t and they will respect you for it. That is an original quote from the very short owner ! What a horrible little man he is. He regularly threatened crews at meetings that if they want to leave they can do as he gets 100 applications a day (from cessna 150 pilots). He also threatens to take crew to court and have them arrested the next time they come to the UAE if they leave.

They are also the biggest crowd of backstabbers in aviation. The good managers have all left. The last one being the B747 Chief Pilot. They now have no TREs and will have to get freelance UK TREs to check their pilots. Let us see how many pass their simulator checks now !
So if anyone out there is considering joining this awful company - don't ! You would only regret it

chickenhunter
7th Dec 2011, 03:39
There is clearly something wrong with the GCAA allowing this company to continue operations.
Last Safety Manager B/M was terminated for exposing the lack of regards to the FTD limitations, his replacement turns a blind eye to the same., fully aware that these violations are on going, duty regs, Mel no go items as such.
The one CEO that terminated him had a checkered past and was hired due to friend of family, not even a pilot this one.
Even a good F/E knows right from wrong, but he never made that grade either.
The UAE labor board should be involved here to, not paying crews in compliance with UAE labor laws.
Midex had so many Rosi reports filed by the pilots with the GCAA they were only allowed to operate 2 buses out of 6.
Company does not even pay according to signed contract, will change contract when questioned,
Should have been shut down long ago.
Just an accident waiting on a place to happen.

2Bad2Sad
24th Dec 2011, 19:19
Its really good news for all with any credibilty to get out of this bottom feeding outfit.
Once you start cheating the crews with salary and payments, changing contracts mid stream, like a nightmare for all.
How this owner and finacial backers thought they could run a top notch cargo airline and use intimidation to move airplanes without spending the required money for repairs, cheating the system never works.
Now look where they are at,,almost all aircraft are AOG and remain so.
But you get what you pay for, Hey Doc you are really not such a good business man,,your track record and attitude towards the pilots shows that this business is above your head and managment ability.
Since you are really that gulible I will sell you the london bridge,
You would probably buy it,,all though it has been sold many times to ones like this.
Perhaps your hotel manager can give you some tips on investments.

CaliforniaDreamer123
28th Dec 2011, 13:55
Yo,

So, there are some rumours going around the office about Midex getting at least 2 more 747s, which will be coming on line next year.The first one is supposedly arriving at SHJ in Jan 2012. God knows how the company will pay for them with the heavy maintenance losses they have incurred, but apparently, they are planning to "scale down" their A300 operations, only two of which will remain with the airline. All in all, they are planning to have at least 5 747s and 2 A300s.

All the employees know that the owner has been tooting the same horn regarding "getting more 747s" for the past 3 years, only high level management knows whats actually going on with the A/C purchases. All I can say is, the morale in the flight/ground operations department is not that high either.

There are no new flights coming, same old warzone BS everyday, most A/C are technical, and to be honest, I don't think our management gives a ****. All we do in operations (when "the man" is not around watching us) is watch movies, play video games, visit social networking sites like facebook, sleep, apply for jobs in other companies, and occasionally, I have even seen people watching porn. The only person keeping this ****hole together is our DGO, if he goes, everything will go down the drain.

I would like to know something, for those of you who have sucessfully attempted the infamous "midnight runner", what consequences will it have on your career ? Cause if the company files a case against you, any potential employer that runs a security check on you will automatically reject your job application on the spot right ?

Good luck to everyone who has successfully managed to leave this dump.

Signing off,
Yours truely

3pointlanding
29th Dec 2011, 15:23
I find it amazing that this company is still in business. I have friends working there and given the comments in this forum worry about their safety. I feel there must be more to this story than meets the eye and would like to see the other side "defend itself", which probably will not happen because I think there is more than an element of truth in what I have been reading.

SassyPilotsWife
29th Dec 2011, 21:25
Haven't you heard ? Midex is perfectly safe right now. None of their planes are flying :) :D

Fr8Dog
31st Dec 2011, 13:38
Haven't you heard ? Midex is perfectly safe right now. None of their planes are flying

That is a good one SPW! Happy New Year!!

Hubby ever hear from Atlas?

FR8

WhaleDriver
31st Dec 2011, 14:45
I would like to know something, for those of you who have sucessfully attempted the infamous "midnight runner", what consequences will it have on your career ? Cause if the company files a case against you, any potential employer that runs a security check on you will automatically reject your job application on the spot right ?

I know of one PFE that did a midnight run and got hired on at a defense contractor within a few weeks, with a VERY deep backround check and got the security clearance. There were some questions, but all was good in the end.

The only debt he left in the UAE was a car he couldn't sell.

As long as you can account for ALL your time out of the USA, that is the key.

chickenhunter
2nd Jan 2012, 02:32
The 10 year criminal background check is not an issue at all in the usa.
Even if the dictator Papa Non Doc listed you on Interpol.
UAE is the biggest abusers of Interpol.
Only questioned asked is why did you stay so long , now that's a credibility issue that shows bad on our side.
All airlines are fully aware of Midex and what goes on there.
Interpol is not a bill collection agency like he dreams about.
Actually if he wanted to open this file in the USA it would cost him dearly as all contract breaches along with everything that happened would come to light.
Bring it on Pappa Non Doc.
We have things called punitive damages in the USA. and hope you have deep pockets, ambulance chasing lawyers standing ready.
Just put on my settlement collar.

SassyPilotsWife
5th Jan 2012, 19:48
Happy New Year to you too Fr8! Hope all is well with you and your family.
Nope, no word yet. :confused:

Earl
11th Jan 2012, 03:35
So far as of today Midex Airlines has not paid any of us our end of service contract agreement under UAE Labor Laws.
They owe me close to 11,000 USD.
All though they cannot quote a law that they do not have to pay this.
Operating in the free zone lies fall on deaf ears.
New Adverts on the net, better stay away Midex Airlines does not pay!

classicpilot
24th Jan 2012, 08:27
I just got this email below from the hotel porter assaad. This is after working one year for these bandits. They want to charge me 94,000 AED for a few classes & two sim checks with no training. I asked them for a receipt with the costs on it but no reply. Now how in the world could this clown claim this? He even admits leaving me way short on my last salary, that amount was over 20,000 AED.
I hope all this comes crashing down on them soon. They can't go on treating people like this. How can they claim to be an airline.
Westerners have no rights in those countries.
WARNING: IF IT'S THE LAST JOB ON THE PLANET, DON'T WORK FOR midex

Dear Captain,

Following to the breach of Employment Contract which has occurred from your side, we have already filed a case against you in UAE Courts.
According to your Contract, we are claiming an amount of 94,151 AED (Ninety four thousand one hundred and fifty one Dirham) excluding our lawyer’s fees.

If you wish to settle this matter, I will be more than glad to put you in contact with our lawyer.

Best regards,

Assaad ASSAAD
Human Resources Manager

MIDEX AIRLINES

Tel: +971 4 2146808
Fax: +971 4 2146809
Cell: +971 50 7559882
E-mail: [email protected]
You are being redirected! (http://www.midexairlines.ae)

classicpilot
24th Jan 2012, 08:34
Fellow aviators, I have a lawyer in Sharjah that will represent crew who are owed money from the bandits, midex. Anybody interested let me know

classicpilot
24th Jan 2012, 13:26
I have spoken in detail with the GCAA today & they informed me that midex are "under special watch". If you want to get together as a group or contact the GCAA yourself, these are the people to contact; send your emails to;

Executive Director of Aviation safety, Mr Ismaeil AL Ballooshi, [email protected],

Director of Flight Operations Capt Mohamed Al Saadi, [email protected],

Director of Airworthiness Mr Ahmed Al Rawahi, [email protected],

Director of Foreign Operator Mr Aqeel Al Zarouni, [email protected]

Please cc them all.
Hopefully together we can do some justice & finally put an end to these crooks & liars

Earl
24th Jan 2012, 15:43
Thats exactly my point classic pilot.
Midex owes many of us money,they claim they dont have to pay because they operate in the free zone.
Yet they use the UAE labor laws to come after you.
UAE labor card, GCAA medical, GCAA license ,UAE resident Visa, yet they think they dont have to pay according to the rest of the country and regs.
Thats the problem, ones that went to the GCAA before were terminated.
Everyone else operated under threats and intimidation after this.
They are all well known now, even when I did my 747 training for my new job many names were mentioned and asked about, these ones in management are probably finished and rightly so...A300 the most.
Maybe they all started out as good managers but they allowed many very wrong things to happen there.
Moving an airplane for many legs against the MEL and FTD limits is wrong no matter how you look at it.
We all stretch things to get the airplane home.
But they considered if you did this once then it did not matter anymore as the MEL was just a guideline and did not apply to them as they were different.
Worked in the Middle East for many years , this is not the way things work there.
They should be on close watch and shut down long ago as they are dangerous.
If you complained to scheduling about not being legal for the flight they would run to the ADO, he would go ballistic and take there side, then get on the phone with more threats saying the regs did not apply to us as it was all a grey area.
They still owe me a lot of money and my 3 year contract was completed to the day.
So even if you leave correctly they do not pay.

B747eng
26th Jan 2012, 23:49
This was sent to all Midex, and Ex Midex Crew.

Gentlemen,
Midex are finally being shut down from lack of contracts & crew. Most of their aircraft are AOG due to no maintenance. They have lost the contract with Supreme foods due to break downs & constant complaints from ex-crew who have contacted them. Also the military in Afghanistan have had numerous complaints from ex-crew & the various US Government departments. Apparently Midex carried some sensitive material from China to Iran during the embargo.
gentlemen, good luck but it's about time these people got what they deserved.

EMPOC

DCBOE
27th Jan 2012, 13:17
I,ve just seen that Midex Have "promoted" fakhouri to post of Deputy Director of Safety,
He has got to be the most incompetent, liying and dangerous pilot I have ever come accross in 30 years of flying.
The only good thing is hopefully he will be in the office and not on the plane!

3pointlanding
27th Jan 2012, 14:19
Now hold on! One says this Keystone Cop airline has shut down and now they promote a Deputy Director of Safety. Are they gone or or they not? From what I have been reading I hope it is the former.

chickenhunter
28th Jan 2012, 02:32
Well does that mean they are shut down or what?
Hope its the later also, but if so all the money they owe pilots will be difficult to collect.
The safety manager being replaced is just another point in the wrong direction.
The CEO thinks he can replace and run this operation like he did at his previous failed appointment with Globejet.
Another failed operation he commanded until terminated for under the cover operations., along with some other American/Lebanese Captain.
Tried to undermine Globejets contracts with another leased aircraft,,trashing out the one that paid you ,,thinking you could get even more money.
Remember that CEO?
Word is out,,,we do!
Pappa Non Doc did not do his background check or homework before he hired this family friend.
Midex started out to be a good company, once the CEO showed up all went down hill quick.
But we all know how that Whasta works.
Should have been shut down the last time the AOC was revoked.
Midex only became better at covering up the records.
Thanks to the CEO.
But we all know where he came from.

SassyPilotsWife
28th Jan 2012, 15:04
Rumor is, unfortunately not true. Crew flew to KDH yesterday and another trip scheduled for tomorrow. Also, the crew members we spoke with have not received any email as of right now.

Earl
30th Jan 2012, 12:37
Too bad its still in operation.
Only means any new crew members that go there will get cheated on the salary and end of service pay.
You will learn that contracts mean nothing, can change in a split second long before the expiration date,right becomes wrong and wrong becomes right with all FDT, MEL and anything you have been taught since you began this job many years ago.
Hotel porter will intimidate you with his aviation experience,,punch me face and No HR expertise.
Filipina office workers ,,hard working ones terminated for not answering the phone quick enough.
Owner will tell you in meetings that you have no where else to go, ADO will say its all Grey areas in the ops manual, does not apply to us,,we are different.
Yet the GCAA allows them to continue.
Better jobs out there folks.
No one that has left Midex is unemployed now,,most of everyone has a better job and operates correctly without the threats and intimidation of the owner or CEO.

SassyPilotsWife
30th Jan 2012, 14:31
"No one that has left Midex is unemployed now,,most of everyone has a better job and operates correctly without the threats and intimidation of the owner or CEO. "

Earl, out of all the post I have read for 3 years on this forum and especially on THIS thread, no truer words have been spoken. That is a FACT. And for the record, MY HUSBAND is one of them and YES, he GOT HIS NOC letter ! Screw Assaad.. ( if you can pull all the noses away from his ass long enough)

Now for all you who want to fight Midex, quit looking for someone to do it for you. Either join the team who are actively trying, or keep wasting your time bitching about it on here. Nothing can be won with keystrokes on a forum with no leg to stand on. You have to join the fight. If you feel its a waste of time, then you chose to use your time on here rather than productively and you get what you've given. A good example... you didn't see my DH on here complaining did you . Never once did my DH complain, he chose to spend his time in offices refusing to back down. And its not over.

Earl
7th Feb 2012, 01:00
Have to agree here.
They have cheated all from day one on the salary in many ways under contract.
Seems they think that if they just pay the monthly one then they are covered.
Don't get caught up in this Lebanese bottom feeding outfit operation.
ASSAD if you paid the ones correctly we could have shook hands and said goodbye.
But you lie and deceive all crew members, just another ali babba arab goat with shoes.
You dont even answer emails claims about pilot salary Midex pilots claims to have not paid by you and that you have cheated pilots out of.
If not for so much as a large amount Midex owes all of us I would let it go and say have a nice day.
But since you and the doctor cheated so many of us we decided to ban together and hope to see your ali babba ass gone.
Midex wonders why so many midnight runners.
You are better off to leave once you get your monthly salary than to try and do things the correct way,,since they do not pay accordingly under the UAE labor laws.
End result will be the same.

classicpilot
8th Feb 2012, 12:23
Check out this. You think the owner could have told the truth why they were suspended
Midex faces suspension after audit - The National (http://www.thenational.ae/business/aviation/midex-faces-suspension-after-audit)

And read these lies from their director general
Exclusive: UAE cargo operator slams closure report | ArabianSupplyChain.com (http://www.arabiansupplychain.com/article-3792-exclusive-uae-cargo-operator-slams-closure-report/)

Oh, but we didn't falsify the logbooks, that was a typo. We didn't make the crew break their rest duty,(Owner) I only told them they would not have a job if they did not fly my electric cars to China after a few hours crew rest in Europe.

Hopefully the GCAA will shut them down soon. I will continue to inform the DCA departments in the rest of the world about midex

mnboater
9th Feb 2012, 04:03
I heard they shuttered the place in the last week or two. Any truth?

fr8box
9th Feb 2012, 04:21
I've seen both the Airbus and Boeing flying in the last three days...

SassyPilotsWife
9th Feb 2012, 20:43
Yes, they are operating. Good news for the awesome guys who are still praying they do. Simply for a paycheck. God love them.

Was just on the back side of the tarmac and watched a 747 being loaded. So yes.. they are operating.

BUT>>>>

I cannot tell you guys how proud I am of my husband and all the efforts that he felt went down the drain and when so many thought he was fighting a worthless battle. He got his NOC letter despite that ASSaad's efforts to try to prevent him from moving on. He's not only hired by the other airline, but he's on the payroll for the past 30 days and on his way to recurrent on the 747 tonight. And it didn't stop there. here's the even better part..

Hubby called Midex sponsor just to check in see where his complaints were going and advise them of a few new players who are experiencing the same things.. and he was told that ASSaad tried to blacklist and place charges on a pilot who recently fled and they refused to do it. They refused to put a warrant out on the pilot because they are seeing the game that ASSaad has tried to play. While we're not sure who the pilot was, we can say that he doesn't have to bear the burden that a couple of other pilots have had to undergo. They refused to put anything against his passport and refused to issue a warrant. So now we're trying to get that warrant removed from the previous pilot as well as any other possible outstanding ones for simply leaving.. as they needed to.

Just because you have left.. or if you're still here and afraid to leave.. go to their sponsor. They are seeing the light. If anything.. email hubby and he will foward to the proper people. Best of luck guys !

fr8box
10th Feb 2012, 05:02
Outstanding Sassy...I don't work there but have friends that do. Hope everything works out for everyone as well as it seems to have for your husband and yourself.

Earl
11th Feb 2012, 03:03
Thanks also Sassy pilots wife, for your husband trying to make things correct.
This company cannot go on forever cheating the crews like we are some kind of 3RD world desperate ones.
The sponsors probably thought Midex would become a good freight hauler in the beginning as we all did.
ASSaad and the Doctor went totally out of control with this.
They call him Hitler with his small little mustache and probably other things
You can treat people like SHXT change their contracts midstream and expect them to stay?
Then to try and issue warrants through interpol because ones left and said I know this in not correct?
Just pay what you owe us all, I am just as disgusting with you as you were with me Midex!
Then we can finally shake hands and say goodbye.
But 11,000 usd you owe wont be forgotten.

assaadassaad
11th Feb 2012, 09:58
UAE-based cargo operator Midex Airlines has slammed rumours that its Air Operators Certificate (AOC) has been revoked by the General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA).

The allegations, which have been circulated on a number of online forums, were fuelled by the death of two post-holders at Midex Airlines – its director of quality and director of safety.

However, speaking exclusively to ArabianSupplyChain.com, the airline’s director general Jassim Al Bastaki stated that contrary to the reports, a number of cargo flights were scheduled for this week.

"I can confirm we have not had our AOC taken away. It is right here in my office with me,” he said.

"The GCAA is running a standard operational audit with us at the moment, which all airlines undergo two or three times a year. Tomorrow at 10am I have a meeting with the GCAA where I must submit the names of my two new post-holders, the director of quality and the director of safety. We had to find people to fill the gaps within 14 days and now it is just a case of submitting their names. The rumours that Midex is out of operation are not true. We have cargo flights operating today and I expect to be operating a cargo flight tomorrow afternoon."

The claims were reinforced by a statement from the GCAA’s director of safety, Ismail Al Balooshi.

“GCAA is currently reviewing the operations of Midex and is working closely with them to resolve operational issues. This is a routine activity conducted by GCAA with all its operators in the region,” he told ArabianSupplyChain.com.

Related story: Sector Report: Middle East Airfreight 2009

assaadassaad
11th Feb 2012, 10:02
Midex Airlines, an air cargo operator based in Al Ain, says it faces possible suspension today as it meets with civil aviation authorities over the findings of a routine audit. One of the main issues between the airline and the General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) is the airline's difficulty in filling key positions, called postholders, whose appointees need to be approved by the authority, said Issam Khairallah, the president of Midex Airlines.

"We are under review," he said. "Tomorrow we will present our response to the audit finding, and if they don't agree they might stop us from being operational." The problem arose after two of the airline's postholders recently passed away, he said, and at least one of the replacement nominees was not approved by the GCAA. Midex received the findings of the audit on February 28. Mr Khairallah said reports on internet forums that Midex had its Air Operator's Certificate rescinded by the GCAA due to crew documentation irregularities were incorrect. He said the postings were promulgated by a disgruntled employee. Midex operated a charter flight to Afghanistan three days ago and had a flight scheduled for today. A spokeswoman from the federal flight authority confirmed the routine nature of the investigation. "The GCAA is reviewing the operations of Midex and is working closely with them to resolve operational issues. This is a routine activity conducted by the GCAA with all its operators in the region." In January, Midex, with operations out of Al Ain, Dubai and Sharjah airports, said it had bought two used Boeing 747-200s to meet a surge in demand in the Iraq and Afghanistan charter markets, increasing its fleet of freighters to nine. It first began services out of Al Ain airport in 2008, and was the first freighter operator to be based there. Midex Airlines initially planned to focus on serving the cargo market to Paris, where its parent company is based, but curtailed services when the global downturn hit. Where once Midex flew daily to Paris, it now operates only once a week. The airline is carrying about 150 tonnes of cargo a day, down from an initial forecast in 2008 of 200 tonnes a day. Contact me at [email protected]

noorex
19th Feb 2012, 05:12
is that idiot mclane still there

Escaped from midex
19th Feb 2012, 11:48
Apparently he was fired from the dfo position and is now the training manager. How can a flight engineer be training manager? He is stuck at midex because nobody else in the world will employ the useless backstabber. They employ him there because he sucks up to the owner and the owner likes that !

noorex
19th Feb 2012, 16:56
that sounds about right mr air force one suck up

westafricaops
22nd Feb 2012, 06:17
"How can a flight engineer be training manager?"
Mr. Escaped from midex I take offense to this statement.
Would you care to explain?

el sol
22nd Feb 2012, 07:08
( c) Post Holder Crew Training. The nominated post holder or his deputy
must have the qualifications and experience as specified in CAR OPS 1 or 3,
Subpart C, paragraph 1.175 or 3.175 including its AC and IEM. The post holder
or his deputy should also be current Type Rating Instructor on a type/class
operated under the AOC/POC. The post holder should also have a thorough
knowledge of the AOC/ POC holder’s crew training concept for Flight Crew
and for Cabin Crew when relevant.
The post holder is expected to possess the following experience;
(i) 1000 hours flight time or 3 years experience in operations
substantially similar to those proposed.
(ii) 1000 hours in command of aircraft substantially similar to those
proposed to be operated.
(iii) 500 hours as a TRE/TRI on aircraft substantially similar to those
proposed. Duty as a check pilot may include aircraft, simulator, line
or base checking, or any combination thereof.
(iv) Hold licence and rating(s) appropriate to the proposed
Operation.
(v) Prior to the commencement of revenue services, hold unrestricted
approval as a TRE/TRI on the major type of aircraft to be operated.
Should the fleet change in the future, he shall maintain the
TRE/TRI on at least one major type in current operation.
CAAP 8
17th May 2009

3pointlanding
22nd Feb 2012, 11:40
It doesn't sound like Mr. McLane comes even close to being qualified to hold any position. I am glad I don't work for this "outfit"

noorex
22nd Feb 2012, 18:43
The only qual Mclane has is that he is a willing lapdog that will do what ever he is told and will ruin any career that he is told to ruin as long as he gets what he wants. He also beleives he is the only one who is smart enough to know what's going on. His management style is threat and intimidation and the ever stated I can fire you

noorex
22nd Feb 2012, 18:45
Why should you take offense maybe exception but offense is a different word altogether

westafricaops
23rd Feb 2012, 09:13
OK you got me. English was not my best subject in school.

The point I was trying to get across is the fact that the Dir of Training does not need to be a pilot. The company where I currently work the Dir of Training is a Flight Engineer. But he does have all the boxes ticked. There was no problem of his approval by the authorities.

noorex
23rd Feb 2012, 23:15
What you are saying is at least this dir of training you had possesed a pilots license and all the qualified endorsements. If not how can a person who can't even meet the requirements of training themselves be in charge of training and evaluation of higher qualified personel.

noorex
24th Feb 2012, 02:35
hey is mclane's cheering section T jones still there too

WhaleDriver
24th Feb 2012, 04:51
Nope, T.J. left in the dark of the nite a few months ago.

Escaped from midex
25th Feb 2012, 01:24
mclane has a very low iq and is totally unsuitable for any kind of management role. He is the most disgusting human being I have experienced in aviation. He has been loathed in all his previous jobs. Many midex crew left in the middle of the night because they could not stand working there with him in a position of 'power" He will get what he deserves.

chickenhunter
25th Feb 2012, 04:22
Ones there trusted Mclane only because of Mark a deceased A300 Captain knew Mclane from a job at Atlas in which he was was only a ground training instructor.
But even Mark was wound up about not being paid what he was owed and probably increased his stress level, he was looking to leave too, but not in the way events turned out.
Mclane has a very, very bad reputation from Focus Air that is know even to this day worldwide.
J.C, ADO has similar with tradewinds, know as as one never should be trusted.
he came from a F.E.position, but his flying and management abilities leave much to be desired, even a F/E does better than this one.
Just an ass kiss that will bend down and kiss what ever or who ever is necessary, to stay in management and progress up the ladder, even at JAL he was labeled this along with many other things, wont elaborate about the romours from there but many have said,,,anything and anyone goes.
His recent Interview at a USA company which he was declined a position is just a fact or record that this is a small world and what will happen again to him and others, word is out.
The rest of A300 management is mostly also ex Tradewinds,, only good one that they had there was the A300 C/P Jack B.
He left as he had enough.
The rest are all useless ass kiss that will break the rules to save jobs as has done this many times over.
747 ones have all left, the CEO is trying to replace them with all no 747 time Arab ones, seems they will fly anything and more willing to do what is wrong.
In my whole 25 years of flying I have never seen a company so corrupt as this one.

SRS
25th Feb 2012, 23:15
This thread makes for interesting reading. I would say too bad to be true! Excuse my ignorance, I have nothing to do with Midex. What I find strange is that Emirates and Eithad are held to high standards by the GCAA. Why not Midex? Are they not subjuct to the same oversight?

noorex
26th Feb 2012, 02:31
These airlines are not even in the same catagory. This is what is known as a scumbag cargo outfit basically Adhoc begging for contract but can't seem to keep them after they get them due to screwed up management. The management always put's the monkey back on the crews for not being proactive and willing to fly poorly maintained aged aircraft and complains of your disloyalty. Most of these are managed by people who are so narssistic they actually believe they know what they are doing.

noorex
26th Feb 2012, 02:35
Who is JC as I was at Jal and these Initials don't ring a bell but I surely didn't know everyone. I was at Focus during DM's reign of terror and incompetence though. I actually liked Focus to bad management ran us out of business we had some great crew members. And I still have some great memories

3pointlanding
27th Feb 2012, 19:36
JC I believe was at JAS not JAL and was an FE later to get to the left seat. If it is the same JC he was a pretty decent guy

CaliforniaDreamer123
3rd Mar 2012, 18:35
LOL, Just got news that they had a massive wheel blow out in Bagram. Doing what they do best I guess.

Midex Airlines, if it's broke, it's one of our aircrafts :p

chickenhunter
4th Mar 2012, 09:00
Never fear JC is there along with his very own master ADO MEL, that he wrote himself clarifying all Grey areas.
I can hear him now,,18 wheels required on a 747,,,where does it state that???
Or Papa non Doc and the CEO blaming the crew for the piss poor maintenance and trying once again to deduct the tire cost from the operating pilots.
You cant make these things up,,,it actually goes on at Midex!

Sir H
4th Mar 2012, 20:32
It makes me sad when somebody "LOL"over "a massive wheel blow out in Bagram" No matter how disgruntled certain exMidex crew members might be, it is not very nice to cheer over fellow crew members bad luck. IF this incident did happen (have not got any confirmation yet, and we do not know if it was a 74 or a Bus involved) it is not very hard to figure out a plausible scenario. The US military air traffic controllers seem to expect us to do the impossible at every approach at this hot n high/steep glide/high terrain airport. Most of the time we can cope with this, but with very narrow safety margins. Add to that -Max landing weight ( even an overweight landing, that Midex seem to execute on regular basis on the 74) -A thrust reverser u/s or disabled (when it comes to Midex it might not even be DMI:d) -Some tail wind component or windshear And you going to end up with very hot breaks! We do not know if this incident did really happen. If it did, the only thing we can be sure of, is that all reports will stay in a locked drawer at the Midex office , and no info will ever hit the GCAA.

chickenhunter
5th Mar 2012, 02:33
No one laughing here Sir H.
Sad part will be for the crew when the management points the finger to them as the blame, then tries to deduct the costs from their salary as they have done many times in the past.
No safety margins at Midex.
Thrust reverser or similar problems would be locked out with no log book entry or DMI.
Reason they would give in the past is a Cat C,,10 day item,,Maintenance does not have the parts to repair it and clear the DMI within the allotted time.
With the plane AOG company makes no money,
So end result crews not allowed to write up the items, if you do then management starts the threats and intimidation game, some have even been terminated for this such as an A300 Captain 2 years ago.
GCAA should look a bit closer at this,take off those rose colored glasses and see what really goes on there.

Escaped from midex
6th Mar 2012, 07:19
I heard that the latest appointments are the greek clown AC is now the dfo and his deputy is one of the worst first officers and failed captains in living memory FF. They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
What ever happened to JC have his management ambitions finally been ended ? His ambition always was way over his ability.

chickenhunter
7th Mar 2012, 14:33
Midex along with all management has made a name for itself worldwide.
Let the cards fall as they lay.
Those of us with other airlines now in better companies and positions will be governed accordingly when these dead beats apply.

tomjonesca
18th Mar 2012, 21:10
And it was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. My life is so much happier now. The only bad part of having to leave the way I did was... I didn't get to say good-bye to those I wanted to say good-bye too. I made some good friends there and I couldn't tell them what I was doing. So for those of you that read this forum and trust me when I say "Nobody really reads this forum"... I miss you guys and I hope the best for you.

Tom

chickenhunter
23rd Mar 2012, 16:04
Really don't think some blames the TJ for standing up for such a corrupt management as he thought as we all did this would be a normal company with start up problems, but he was labeled an ass kiss at the time.
But after a few years and the lies and deceit getting worse daily he decided to bail out accordingly with a mid night departure after salary day as most pilots have opted to do.
Sorry TJ we all told you so, but your nose was so far up MC ass you would not listen to commen sense.
Midex refuses to pay the end of service benefits anyway required under the UAE labor laws so why stay and resign normally,,,less money.
The rest of us seen Mclane as he really was, pure lies and deceit, just that he was a friend of Mark is the only reason ones trusted him.
G.I. the CEO brought all the bad things to Midex, the doctor started this but the CEO threw the gasoline on the fire.
His past history with Globejet that lost its AOC through the same problems and management, ones that flew with him there said he was only an F/E made station manager and his F/E abilities was just as bad or worst than his management ones.
For what Midex owes me through lies and contract changes/ breaches is more than 20,000 USD.
The problems with documents log book wright ups and pictures have been passed on to the FAA..
Pics were included and the safety manager ADO ignored.
If the GCAA does not do something about this then it may become really big and soon.
Along with the past safety managers/DO and ADO non response to safety issues with attached emails and dates.

Fr8Dog
24th Mar 2012, 15:47
Chickenhunter, If you fly as well as you WRITE and Spell, Scary! Wait now that I read it again it's terrifying that they let you fly at all!

tomjonesca
28th Mar 2012, 19:12
Chickenhunter... I have no idea who you are but as I've done before (and got kicked off here for doing it) I'll do it again. You... can kiss my big hairy :mad: !!! Being one's friend and being an "ass kisser" are two different things. McLane was to a point, my friend. I never really defended him, I only worked to correct all the garbage that was being spread by those who didn't have any idea what they were talking about... sort of like you!!! First... G.I. is NOT the CEO... he is the COO. That wannabe Doctor is the President and CEO. Maybe you should go read the website of the company (I guess) you work for. There is a list of who does what there. You may learn something.

Second... did you only make it through the 6th grade or what? If you fly anything like you write and spell, you must be one sorry crewmember. I would be totally embarrassed if I put something like what you did on the web for all to read. Granted, nobody really reads the crap people put here because most people that post here don't really have anything to say... they just complain about everything that is wrong in their life. That said, maybe you should consider going back to school, increase your education and maybe you too can find a job outside Midex. At least get your GED or something.

I get so pissed off when people come on here, write the crap they feel the need to write and don't have enough junk in their pants to say who they are. They hide behind their computer screen because they are afraid that if someone found out who they were, they might get their sorry butt kicked. :}

Now, have fun responding to this and remember... Spell Check!!! :D

Tom :ok:

Earl
29th Mar 2012, 01:45
Bottom line Midex did not pay us correctly and changed our contracts many times.
Accept the new contract long before completion date, comply or good bye type threats.
We can point fingers at each other all day long and the end result will be the same.
No matter how you leave Midex you wont get paid what you are owed.

SassyPilotsWife
8th Apr 2012, 11:08
It's a thin line between love and hate. It's an even thinner line between kissing ass and making the mortgage payments back home. Don't mistake one's tolerance for acceptance.

Why else would anyone have stuck around for as long as they did?

ErwinS
12th Apr 2012, 14:42
A6-MDG is for sale for some months now.....

Escaped from midex
20th Apr 2012, 05:04
I see that they are recruiting again to replace departed crews. I strongly recommend that nobody joins this awful airline. The aircraft are very badly maintained with defects never fixed but signed off all the same. They expect you to bend the rules all the time. They do not pay you what they owe you when you leave. They treat their staff like s--t. The management are incompetent dreadful people. When you do leave they do their utmost to screw you and stop you getting a job elsewhere. I worked for them and it was the worst time of my life.

Sir H
20th Apr 2012, 06:44
Have we heard that before!......I think the market know that by now ;-) Anyone with some fresh gossip, for a change? Any lower management scandals, stupid decisions, cock ups? Any new contract changes initiated by "the great leader" ? For those of you still in there, why don't you come and join us in the free world? You'll like it here ;-)

Earl
21st Apr 2012, 03:44
You are correct Sir H
We have beat that horse about Midex not paying into the ground.
But do hope that anyone considering working there would read these posts and have second thoughts as Midex does not pay even if you follow the rules and contracts they constantly change!
As far as escaped from midex posted you will need a no objection letter to work in the UAE or any GCAA country again , or be out for a period exceeding 1 year.
No matter how you left,,the correct way,,resigned furloughed, contract completion, no debts owed etc.
Midex is blocking crews from this now past and present.
Best to stay away from this bottom feeding outfit.
As someone pointed out Midex is KFC airlines.
Khairallah Flying Circus.

dignified
8th May 2012, 10:52
Get a life Bone.
Stop posting nonsense.
You have 4 post, all 4 slam Midex.
All 4 Are B/S.

Ohh well, Mr Earl, so much for sucking from MidEx managment and now you seem to have joined the long line of american losers heading probably to Bagram and joind the club of your comrads who piss on Afghan corpses or help in the burning of the Koran; I scrolled back in time, and found your nosed browned with old comments; "you throw s..t up it can only land on your face" pal. Your former friends of the past appeared to have predicted your fate.:eek: With Saudia/Phuket and now MidEx on your background would probably qualify U for jobs picking up garbage in some corners of your home land.:yuk:

Earl
9th May 2012, 01:04
Yes DIGNIFIED I did post that a while back and no I have never had my nose brown with the management,,just the opposite.
Back then Midex was just barely tolerable and those posting did not even work there.
It got much worse as time passed and now makes Bones post correct.
As far as your comments about pissing on corpses, will leave that to the pros to do.
Burning Korans,,where do you get this from,,some 3rd world TV station.
Would help if they put toilet paper inside the toilets there, plenty of religious material available inside, leaves one with choice,,hand or paper,,now which would you choose?
Have a nice day!

dignified
18th May 2012, 12:00
Thank you for the opportunity to comment, let me put it this way:
Most Islamic countries I have visited possess a rather pleasant stream of water that you can regulate with cold or hot water and lands right on your ass hole; not only saves the paper you allude to with some septic tank sarcasm, but also makes sure you walk away with a clean and hygienic spirit, the one you lacked of with criticizing your own former colleagues.
So I throw you the ball back in your hands, would you rather be pro-hopeless management? or would you try amalgamating with your own peers?
Cornuto!:ouch:

Sir H
18th May 2012, 16:30
Can't say I understand your posts about Midex. Do you try to make a point or are you just being rude ;-) And for the record, do you ever had any experience or connection with Midex?

SassyPilotsWife
19th May 2012, 00:30
Dignified, you are a complete idiot and nothing you have said can be understood let alone dignified.

Bones will now be able to post his 5th post which will go something like this:

Pink slips for the bus guys have been delivered. They are being parked June 30th.

And he will be correct. It is confirmed.:{

Earl, you have been a fair and decent man who tried hard to be a team player and you got screwed in the end just as many before you. You were never, nor did you ever play the role of skapegoat as dignified tried so stupidly to apply to you. ( personally I think he sounded as if he fell in a bucket of cheap beer). :}

To the pilots who stuck around with hopes the rumors remained just that, best of luck to you and may you all continue to fly with new jobs in the near future. If you need a place to hang out while applying for spots around the UAE, our case es su casa. We have plenty of room.

freightjockey
19th May 2012, 12:16
Well it looks like the fake doctor's airline did not quite work out as planned. The Airbus 300s are going next month and there are just two tired B747 classics operating. All the good crews have left and nobody else wants to join them. Surprise surprise. This is exactly what happens with awful incompetent management. He must have lost a fortune. There is a god !

I Love Midex
19th May 2012, 15:37
From the Midex website:

"

MIDEX AIRLINES, UAE National Cargo Carrier, made its third appearance at the Dubai Airshow with one of its three B747 aircraft.

Company President, Dr. Issam KHAIRALLAH, declared during the Dubai Airshow that MIDEX will purchase five B747 before end of 2012 making Midex the largest cargo operator privately owned in the world."

Oh, HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Someone better tell Connie Kalitta that, or Del Smith, or probably several others!

Sorry, I haven't posted in a long while but that really made me laugh.

Earl
21st May 2012, 01:53
Thanks Sassy Pilots wife.
I wonder if the other privately 747 classic company owners listen to this Doc.
Think they have the same opinion of his lies and deceits as the ex Midex crews.
Biggest 747 classic privately owned around? I doubt that as I can name at least 4 or 5 now much bigger than Midex.
Maybe one day Connie will put this little runt in his place ha ha.
I am sure we all know how that may happen.

vaflightcrew
21st May 2012, 08:56
I guess all the people that left mudex were wrong? All those very experienced crew. All you people with your heads in the sand will find it hard getting work in any other airline. Good luck

3pointlanding
22nd May 2012, 17:51
So the rumors are true and the Airbus is no more at MidEx. To bad a lot of my friends were there. The question is now: Will they be paid?

fergineer
22nd May 2012, 19:42
3 pointer, suggest you read the previous 36 pages, you should be able to make a good guess about payment from them.

vaflightcrew
23rd May 2012, 01:52
They are talking about getting more 747s but they can only keep one 747 junker flying.
Because of all the bad press they've had & ex-crew telling the aviation world how bad they are, they have no chance of getting any experienced crew.
The owner thinks we believe in Santa Claus.
Don't forget boys, 12 hours from the bottle to the throttle

Earl
25th May 2012, 01:54
Midex claims they operate in the UAE free zone.
Your contracts are never registered with the UAE government as required under the UAE labor law.
Yet you hold a UAE labor card like every other expat there and in same as every company has.
Your resident visa will be out of Ras Alkama, your base will be Sharjah, the company office is in Dubai.
Now you tell me there isn't some funny business going on here.
Even when you register a vehicle there they say its not correct.
Midex operating in the free zone is total B/S.
To them that means they can change your contract long before the expiration date, massive cutting of terms and conditions,,not pay you what is owed according to the UAE labor law and your contract states.
Even under the final contract you signed with them.
This is a scum bag bottom feeding outfit,
No need to have knowledge of the MEl there or even read it as it does not apply.
Midex owes all of us a lot of money no matter how you left there, they don't pay bottom line.
Edited for spelling.

Earl
25th May 2012, 02:17
Forgot to add and yes it is getting attention worldwide.
Managers there are probably going to have a difficult time finding jobs elsewhere once this one folds up.
Old saying goes you make your bed in a bad way you have to lay in it.

Earl
27th May 2012, 03:03
For that new contract everyone was forced to sign the A300 ones , the one year deal where you earn 2.5 days off per month to be used as vacation time same as in the military or in any other GCAA company.
If it is true that you will be terminated make sure that is included in your final settlement to be paid for any leave time accrued.
I was due days off already earned and was not paid them along with the end of service agreement.
Hope you all get what is owed but doubt the Ali Babba bottom feeding outfit will pay, never has never will!
But at least ask for it.
The end of service money they wont show you any reg where that has to be paid, just claim free zone B/S, but the UAE labor laws say different.
Hope this one ends soon before anyone else gets cheated.

freightjockey
27th May 2012, 07:19
The fake doctor must have lost so much money with this outfit it is surprising it is still around. Better he closes it and cuts his losses surely ? Then the managers can follow their true vocations and start serving fries at McDonalds

cantbeafoolinlove
28th May 2012, 06:01
Any Idea where the buses are headed off to??
CBAFIL

Sir H
28th May 2012, 10:01
Shutting down the A300 operations is probably the best business decision Midex taken for many years. As the CEO is completely ignorant how to make money in aviation, shutting down the whole company would be even a better one. But is that really what you want???? Is it not more fun to see the CEO loose more money? And give some people a steady income, at least as long as they cope with the situation? And if they do shut down all operations, no matter how many disgruntled ex Midex crew members there is out there that will give the their former lower managers negative recommendations (if ever asked), you will be surprised how hot the market for spineless managers really is. Reality is, companies (airlines) don't want heroes or popular vote winners as managers. They want yes-men and doers! I hope you A300 guys finds a new job soon, and I also want to welcome you to your new life in freedom (and that include A300 lower management guys ;-)

SRS
4th Jun 2012, 11:15
Are the Airbus crews being offered a transfer to the 747 fleet? I heard that they are short and having problems finding 747 qualified crew members.

DCBOE
4th Jun 2012, 11:59
B747 crews do not have to stay, a new operator needs Capts., B747s DXB to Afghan, 40 on 20 off, beats 12 months from Midex, and the money is better! But just experienced Capts., But definately :=no FF and JS.

FlyByWire1
11th Jun 2012, 08:25
Interesting info....any details for this outfit out of Dxb to Afghan. Many thanks

SassyPilotsWife
14th Jun 2012, 08:33
Get in touch with hubby if you're looking for another job. Sorry FE's.. just FO's only right now. Same Same on location :)

FlyByWire1
14th Jun 2012, 18:40
Great sassy pilot wife...appreciate if u could PM me your hubby's details for me to get the info.:ok:

STN Ramp Rat
15th Jun 2012, 18:00
Laid-off pilots say Dh2m is owed - The National (http://www.thenational.ae/featured-content/channel-page/news/uae-news/laid-off-pilots-say-dh2m-is-owed)

DUBAI // A group of pilots laid off from a cargo airline claim they are owed Dh2 million in end-of-service benefits.
Topic

Dubai

Midex Airlines has laid off more than 34 employees, most of whom were pilots. But a group of nine pilots and flight engineers are campaigning for three months' salary, saying they are entitled to it under labour laws.

"I'm going to have to sell my car just to survive because I have got bills at home to pay," said John Casey, the former chief pilot at the company. "It's dragging on, and I'm afraid they're going to drag it on forever."

Mr Casey, 54, from the US, had completed a three-year limited contract at the company and was seven months into a new contract. He said he was owed Dh280,000 in severance pay.

But he said the company offered him only Dh74,000, which was about one month's salary. The company has refused to pay the requested amount and said it was prepared to go to court.

"They want three months' additional compensation," said Dr Issam Khairallah, the president of Midex. "They cannot get it because the terms of their contract are very clear. If they don't agree with us, they should go to court like everybody else."

But there is confusion over where any possible case would be held, as Mr Casey has a Ras Al Khaimah visa while the company lists its head office in Dubai.

He was among a group of 22 pilots and flight engineers who were laid off over the past two months. Twelve ground staff were also sacked.

Dr Khairallah said the redundancies came as Midex grounded its ageing fleet of A300 jets and replaced them with Boeing 747s. He said those made redundant "weren't qualified" to remain at the company.

A former airline captain, Al Jacquet, 61, also from the US, claimed he was owed about Dh260,000 but had been offered only Dh92,000. He had completed a three-year contract at the company and was more than two months into a new contract.

"Everything I've read says that I'm entitled to this money," Mr Jacquet said. "I won't abandon this case unless someone official tells me that I'm not entitled to it."

Samir Kantaria, the head of the employment team at the law firm Al Tamimi & Company, said it would depend on the specifics of the case, but the gratuity accrued from completing the first contract should be carried over.

"It's very likely that authorities would take into account the full term of service when calculating gratuity," Mr Kantaria said. "The courts here are very employee-friendly."

[email protected]

Kitsune
15th Jun 2012, 18:43
'The courts here are very employee friendly' ... Bwahahahahahahahaah!!!!!!!:yuk::yuk::yuk:

Earl
16th Jun 2012, 00:29
I really had to have a good laugh at Dr Khairallah's response to this.
Quote: "They want three months' additional compensation," said Dr Issam Khairallah, the president of Midex. "They cannot get it because the terms of their contract are very clear. If they don't agree with us, they should go to court like everybody else."
Unquote!
What an idiot.
Emirates airlines office is nearly a stone throw away from his.
Do They try and cheat departing pilots on end of service pay also,,I think not.
We all had the same UAE resident visa, labor card etc.
Only difference was ours was registered in RAK.
UAE labor laws apply to the whole UAE.
Midex cannot pick and choose the ones they want or will not follow.
Midex also forces you to sign a Receipt and Discharge form stating that you have received all of your due salaries and that you have no further right to claim anything else from the past present and future.
They know they are cheating otherwise this form would not be needed.
If you refuse to sign this stating I am claiming my end of service money due under UAE labor laws you wont even receive your final months salary or ticket home.
I am sad they are still cheating more pilots, but happy this bottom feeding outfit and the non payment of salaries due is coming out even in the press now.
Maybe next time someone needs cargo moved and does a search they will see all this in the press and bypass this outfit.
If a man cheats his own pilots think what he will do to everyone else.
Sorry once again this happened, but one here was a very high manager listed in this article, guess all his actions to help the company he found out that he was not bullet proof and got screwed just like all of us before him.
Hate to say it but all those questionable times we operated to help the company as you stated, what did that get you?
I wont say I told you so, think you figured that out by now.

airtraveller
16th Jun 2012, 05:44
Anyone knows how many 747s are in operation now? Heard that they are bringing in up to 6 a/cs. what are their flying schedules and routes like?

freightjockey
16th Jun 2012, 16:16
They are now operating two very tired classic freighters that only seem to fly to Kabul and back, not the best place to fly in to ! Avoid this outfit at all costs

classicpilot
16th Jun 2012, 19:25
Listen, they don't have enough captains to fly the two junkers they already have, let alone buy anymore 747s. This is propaganda from the idiot owner & management. Just a matter of time when it's all over. The kiss a** DFO & CP are now bad mouthing mudex. They should have listened to us instead of brown nosing the little man & the micro managers. Karma is good. Now just waiting on the bad news about the hotel clerk, assass.
Good luck with finding jobs, your labeled just like scabs in the aviation world

classicpilot
17th Jun 2012, 09:52
Midex Ex-crew | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/midexexcrew)

airtraveller
18th Jun 2012, 15:46
Thanks for the infos posted. Seems like the outfit is having a bad reputation based on what is being mentioned.Will consider all the adverse comments posted when deciding to apply.

Earl
16th Jul 2012, 01:40
Mudex still has not paid us the end of service and salaries owed still to this date.
Hard to forget how many thousand USD owed under the UAE labor laws and the way they cheated everyone out of what was due along with contract violations.
Just an update for any that may want to attempt working there .
Would have been cheaper to pay what they owe ASSaad .
Company is labeled as bottom feeder world wide and now in the press too, think maybe there is a God.

Earl
16th Jul 2012, 03:38
Just wonder if Kareilla knows the word Congressional.
Military ones know how big that word is.
And does he also realize that he is flying
US military contracts which he cheated many retired military crews out of contract and UAE labor law pay due?
Many good companies out there that pay the crews.
More than one way to skin a cat here.
Welcome anyone retired military that has money due and not paid to contact their congressman.
Got this from a few others will add mine to my congressman tonight.
We may never see the salary owed but being an American and showing how he cheated the crews this is a good way to get his contracts shifted to a company that pays correctly.
Actually I will edit this as to say it should be all Americans that worked for Mudex, to do the congressional.
Maybe the Brits have an avenue for this also.
This is our tax money that pays these fools and can be spent with a better company that does not cheat people.

noorex
10th Aug 2012, 22:12
is that idiot Mclane still spinning his lies

freightjockey
11th Aug 2012, 06:57
Is that useless, lying moron mclane still there? He must be sucking up to the boss even more.

cantbeafoolinlove
11th Aug 2012, 08:10
so nobody knows where those airbuses are going to?
any bus crew got a call from that other company or was it all lies by the management?
CBAFIL

CaliforniaDreamer123
20th Sep 2012, 18:03
"It makes me sad when somebody "LOL"over "a massive wheel blow out in Bagram" No matter how disgruntled certain exMidex crew members might be, it is not very nice to cheer over fellow crew members bad luck. IF this incident did happen (have not got any confirmation yet, and we do not know if it was a 74 or a Bus involved) it is not very hard to figure out a plausible scenario. The US military air traffic controllers seem to expect us to do the impossible at every approach at this hot n high/steep glide/high terrain airport. Most of the time we can cope with this, but with very narrow safety margins. Add to that -Max landing weight ( even an overweight landing, that Midex seem to execute on regular basis on the 74) -A thrust reverser u/s or disabled (when it comes to Midex it might not even be DMI:d) -Some tail wind component or windshear And you going to end up with very hot breaks! We do not know if this incident did really happen. If it did, the only thing we can be sure of, is that all reports will stay in a locked drawer at the Midex office , and no info will ever hit the GCAA"

Sir H, please keep your sanctimonious BS to yourself. I am not the only person laughing at Midex, the whole world is. Everybody knows how pathetic this carrier is, at least I am just being honest about it. "No matter how disgruntled certain exMidex crew members might be, it is not very nice to cheer over fellow crew members bad luck.", big whoop, its not as if anybody died or got injured. You tell me not to "cheer over fellow crew members bad luck", I have personally seen crew members ridiculing my "bad luck" in front of me, just because they were buddies with the management and had the leverage to do so. I have never been humiliated so badly in any airline, thank god I have been able to move on.

This carrier has made me commit many criminal acts. They always made me fly missions with undeclared dangerous goods and restricted military cargo. I have even been on a mission where I was forced to dump off 20 pallets of weapons, disguised as "general cargo", at Suleymaniyah. Nobody came to recieve the cargo, all the documents were forged and nobody even gave a hoot about what happened on that mission when we came back. Trips like that really made me hate myself. The culture at that airline was truely sick.

I am not saying I wasn't flying in challenging conditions, there have been times when I have been forced to land in a tailwind with an inop thrust reverser as well. If the incident was really serious, then I wouldn't be saying something like LOL. Tyre bursts happen over there very often, might as well have a laugh.

Earl
23rd Sep 2012, 03:49
Suleymaniyah has been going on for a long time with questionable cargo.
We were told its all cigarettes, but after landing some asked why a whole airplane full of so called very heavy cigarettes.
Ground personnel said cigarettes they were going to Iran.
We have sanctions against Iran, anyone that questioned this was labeled bad boy.
One day they will learn, if you pay the crews what they are owed then no questions asked.
Threats and intimidation along with money they owed us constantly will never work.
And yes most of the dangerous goods was always mis labled.
The cargo never matched the NOTAC.
You would check the Notac and see what you had.
Then during off loading you would see much more that was hidden between the pallets.
Dangerous company that thinks they are above all rules and regulations.

SassyPilotsWife
23rd Sep 2012, 23:43
Earl, I know you so I mean no harm in this. But. as long as the crews are paid properly, it is then ok to commit fraud and fly unsafe goods ? Doesn't that type of thought process keep them in business ?

If you knew this was happening, it was ok until you didn't get compensated for it ? Sorry, I want to give you the benefit of knowing better. You're a good guy and maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Earl
24th Sep 2012, 00:38
Guess I should have worded that in another way.
Was referring to all the so called pallets of very heavy cigarettes and ground personnel saying they were being shipped to Iran.
Thought we had sanctions against them, an if paid properly no one would question this . was it really cigarettes in those Marlboro boxes.
Cargo, dangerous goods type was found not listed on the Notac many times.
Airplane was loaded before the crew arrived, so to slip things through was easily done and done often.
Pallets butted up to each other you cant see whats in the middle , during the off load you see this.
You know how or what happens if you file too many safety reports.
I got a royal ass chewing for verbally reporting a big hole in the cargo floor by the C/P and accused of trying to ground the airplane.
Nothing in the log book about this and its a structural integrity thing.
He reply was I was a trouble maker and maint had told him it was ok, if someone wrote it up it would ground the airplane.
So instead they put a sign on the floor stating do not step here,
Wish I knew how to post pics, this one is really funny and shows just how stupid management and the powers in charge are there.

SassyPilotsWife
24th Sep 2012, 08:50
Didn't a mechanic or someone fall in that hole ? Yeah that same c/p that didn't report an engine problem when HE flew the plane, which resulted in the next crew having to abort takeoff. Has he even been able to find a job yet ?

Vc10Tail
24th Sep 2012, 11:05
Hi.How have you been?

Is Midex recruiting 747 FOs rated but nil time on type? Could you PM me your hubby's details?Capt McKenzie?

Cheers

Fr8Dog
24th Sep 2012, 20:05
Is Midex recruiting 747 FOs rated but nil time on type?

VC10Tail After all you have read here you would still go and fly for this outfit?

It's not like 200 time is worth much anymore anyway, certainly not worth getting involved with this group.

Earl
25th Sep 2012, 01:24
Yes same C/P with the rejected takoff, he knew this as he operated the airplane into BAH and did not report it.
Next day we had heavyweight takeoff temp around 40 temp engine would not reach max power required, ended up being a high speed reject almots 160 kts lucky no blown tires.
How do i know this?
Lets just say I had a good seat and birds eye view.
Then a rejected takeoff requires a safety report to the GCAA within 72 hours.
They contacted the Captain and said you need to do this now.
Captain said to the C/P which safety report do you want me to submit. the one where I rejected the takeoff at high speed prior to V1, or the one where you knew that there was a problem with this A300 engine when you flew it into BAH and told everyone about it except us, but never reported in the maint log book.
I was a operating crew on this flight and was really angry how he risked every ones lives just for his job.
Midex safety department fully aware of these things, still have the emails.
Also same C/P that tried to convince is that it was ok to take off from FUJ with a 28 knot taill wind, saying customer is pushing this flight.
We could not take off in the other direction due to obstacle clearance, mountains and weight restrictions.
And some still want to work there?