PDA

View Full Version : Sqn Ldr Dave Drake R.I.P.

peppermint_jam
4th Jan 2007, 09:27
It is with great sadness that I have to report of the death of Sqn Ldr Dave Drake (Eng).
A proud family man and loyal supporter of Leeds United, Dave sadly lost his short battle with cancer on the morning of 31 December 2006. He was 6 months away from retiring from the RAF and finishing a career that had covered almost four decades. He leaves behind his loving wife and three children. He was a great man who will be sadly missed by all who knew him.

See you at the crossroads mate.

Bladdered
5th Jan 2007, 07:51
Worked with him on several occasions. An amusing and highly likeable man - am deeply shocked.

chevvron
5th Jan 2007, 09:18
Is he the Dave Drake who worked at Directorate of Airspace Policy? If so nice bloke; commiserations to family.

Satellite_Driver
5th Jan 2007, 10:59
I was very shocked to hear this yesterday via email from my Boss; I worked down the corridor from Dave for most of the last year and was looking forward to seeing him again when I got back from my current desert trip. It was all apparently very sudden (he was fine when I went OOA in Sep) - my condolences to his family, and all his colleagues and friends at LAIPT and RAF Henlow.

Simon B

Wycombe
5th Jan 2007, 12:08
Is this also the Dave Drake who also used to run Flight Planning at RIAT
(believe he was an Air Trafficker at Boscombe at the time) ??

Only met him at FFD, but it seemed all working under him had great respect.

engineer(retard)
6th Jan 2007, 13:25
My condolences to Daves family, he was one of the great characters. Save a shirt for me in the great football match in the sky.

Fatjoff
8th Jan 2007, 11:53
Is he the Dave Drake who worked at Directorate of Airspace Policy? If so nice bloke; commiserations to family.
I think this is a different Dave Drake.

Condolences, anyway.

ITGeek
8th Jan 2007, 13:15
To clarify, the subject Dave Drake was an engineer, working in the LAIPT at Henlow.

Sadly missed

MooseJaw
9th Jan 2007, 01:26
Worked alongside him a few times - amidst the many military lunacies you could rely on Dave to ensure sanity and humour prevailed - and you'd get a straight answer! Excellent Engineer too. Too rare these days and an overall 'Damn Fine Chap'.

Condolences to all his family.