PDA

View Full Version : BA Website - Problem??

Wyler
4th Jan 2007, 08:28
I have been trying to book flights on the BA website for 2 days now. I get right to the end of the process and it says 'unable to confirm your booking, please try again later'.:ugh:

Anyone else having problems, know what's going on?

chrism20
4th Jan 2007, 09:29
I have been trying to book flights on the BA website for 2 days now. I get right to the end of the process and it says 'unable to confirm your booking, please try again later'.:ugh:

Anyone else having problems, know what's going on?

I had the same problems few days ago, ended up phoning telesales as I got tired of trying. Managed to get the same fare prices though after I explained the situation. Or try Expedia or Cheapflights, sometimes you can get the same flights at the same price or a couple of quid cheaper!

747boy
4th Jan 2007, 09:55
Had the same problem myself about 2 months ago. Very frustrating. Even tried to get my boss to book it. Called BA telesales who were unable to offer the same price. Eventually booked via a travel agent and but paid a higher price than the internet price but lower than the BA telesales price. Spent the entire day trying to book it.

Was told that the problem was due to the fact the country of departure was different to the country of the credit card that I was trying to use. Perhaps problems with fraud in the past.

Don't know if this was the real reason. Not a good experience. As it turned out I was asked to complete a customer satisfaction form on the plane.

Wonder is this a common problem. I could have ended up booking with someone else.

Haven't a clue
4th Jan 2007, 10:49
I have had this problem a number of times and it is very annoying. Makes you want to use another carrier, doesn't it?

I've also had the system kick me out after pressing the "book now" button but before the booking confirmation was issued. I've found that looking up my bookings under the "Manage my booking" option showed it had in fact been made, and I was able to sort out seats etc.

But you can only check this if you have the booking reference or you are a member of the BA Exec Club.

4th Jan 2007, 16:08
Maybe they're out of the office shifting luggage . . .

Beriltheperil
4th Jan 2007, 17:58
Had the same problem trying to change an inbound flight in may.
It didn't let me change to the cheapest, although it was displayed as available, but allowed me to change to the more expensive alternative.

Perhaps this is another ploy from BA plug the ever increasing baggage costs they are getting hit with. This after the premium rate number to ring!!! :D

Wyler
5th Jan 2007, 08:01
It gets worse. Decided to ring and book but was told they were too busy, go to the web site. Unbelievable. Looking for another carrier.

jack_essex
5th Jan 2007, 08:18
I booked six tickets directly with the BA website yesterday in only a few minutes. No problems. I guess it has it's moments.

flybywire
6th Jan 2007, 15:22
But you can only check this if you have the booking reference or you are a member of the BA Exec Club.
Not entirely true: you can check it also if you just sign in on ba.com. You'll have to have registered a username and password, and anytime you book a ticket you can access all the details on your personal profile. You do not need to know the booking ref (although it's ALWAYS a good idea to write it down somewhere else as well) as the computer will search all the reservations in your name automatically.
Having said that, they've been changing so many things on the site lately that I am not surprised things go wrong at some point. To be honest I think the website is better than it used to be. But then, it was really poor and a true pain to use, so anything would have been better than that!!