PDA

View Full Version : Tatenhill taken to appeal

tmmorris
4th Jan 2007, 06:58
I've had an email this morning which implies that the Duchy of Lancaster (i.e. the Crown Estates) has appealed against the decision by the East Staffs District Council not to allow the proposed new admin building and hangars at Tatenhill. This means it will go to a public enquiry.
I'm not directly involved but was sent a letter by the Council as follows:
The Duchy of Lancaster has appealed against this Council’s decision to erect [sic - assume 'not to permit them to erect'] a part single storey, part two storey, part three storey detached building to form administration and control building, erection of six detached and two linked aircraft hangars with associated access, car parking, hardstanding and landscaping. .
The Planning Inspectorate on the behalf of the Secretary of State for Community and Local Government will deal with this appeal by:-
* Public Inquiry
The date on which this will take place has not yet been confirmed, however, such details will be sent to you in due course.
The Planning Inspectorate has requested that all local residents who may be affected by the proposal under appeal, any other interested parties and any person/body who made representations at the application stage, be notified of this impending appeal to allow the opportunity of commenting thereon.
If you wish to make further written representations to the Planning Inspectorate regarding this appeal, you can do this in writing, in triplicate, to the Planning Inspectorate, Room 3/18b, Temple Quay House, 2 The Square, Temple Quay, Bristol, BS1 6PN quoting their reference number APP/B3410/A/06/2031746/NWF. The Inspectorate may publish details of your comments on the internet (on the Appeals area of the Planning Portal).

As a pilot intending to use Tatenhill you would be an 'interested party' and I would urge you all to write (in triplicate - do they not have a photocopier?).
I'm sure someone from Tatenhill will be along soon to comment but I thought this should go out a.s.a.p.
Tim

tacpot
4th Jan 2007, 09:31
Does anyone have access to the reasons why the planning application was refused?

I've tried to access them on the East Staff Borough Council website, but cannot. The Planning Application Ref is PA/20723/010 (http://www2.eaststaffsbc.gov.uk/MVM/Online/Generic/StdDetails.aspx?PT=Planning Applications Appeals On-Line&TYPE=PL/APDetailsPK.xml&PARAM0=17039&XSLT=/MVM/SiteFiles/Skins/eaststaffs/xslt/PL/APDetails.xslt&FT=Planning Application Appeals Details&PUBLIC=Y&XMLSIDE=/MVM/SiteFiles/Skins/eaststaffs/Menus/PL.xml&DAURI=PLANNING)

tp

Fourbyfour
14th Jan 2007, 19:35
Tacpot, hope this helps.

Report is still available on East Staffordshire Web site, just rather well hidden. Try,

http://62.105.97.133/CMISWebPublic/Binary.ashx?Document=3150

4b4