PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet NMC Officer - Again!

blackbox
3rd Jan 2007, 21:04
Easyjet are advertising again on aviation job search for NMC officers..:)

Did easy really struggle to fill this job last time? Or was there promotion within?

P.s. Ive deliberately started a new thread, as the last one developed into a semi-mud flight....:cool:

princesssariah
4th Jan 2007, 12:33
Hi Blackbox,

I'm not sure whether or not they filled the last position or if this is the same one being advertised.

However, i went for 2 interviews and was offered a position with a starting salary significantly lower than what i currently earn, i was also told that my "points" from the graded interview questions came out low as i did not have much experience, this did not do wonders for my confidence.

I therefore turned down the position as although i really fancied the prospect of working for easyjet, I didn't feel valued, ie, like they really wanted me to work for them and I also don't think that their salary offer reflects this.

I have heard of at least one other person who turned the job down as they would of had to take a significant pay cut.

Also i had to park in the short stay car park whilst i attended both interviews which cost me over £6 a go! I guess they really are no frills!! Hee hee!

Atishoo
4th Jan 2007, 13:53
Princess youre lucky i parked in short term and got stung for £8 andddddddddd Servisair didnt even bother to contact me either way , the interview was 7 weeks ago ....charming !! now thats called knocking ones confidence !! i think basically the job i went for is very interesting and many ppl want to do it, so these ompanies can treat you how the heck they like, bit wrong really.

747-436
4th Jan 2007, 13:55
It is a shame they don't seem to offer better money for the position, they may well be missing out on some good quality Ops Controllers !!!

Atishoo
4th Jan 2007, 14:11
It is !!

I know I could give this job 110%, oh well their loss, and frankly judging by the Managers i encountered, well nuff said !!

BONDMAN
4th Jan 2007, 14:14
Trying parking in ASDA's round the corner ... free and only a 15min wander.
Atishoo .. are you refereing to serviceair or easyjet ?
Bondy :bored:

kowlaski
4th Jan 2007, 14:47
easyJet ops has salary scales which are allocated depending on experience levels, less you have in years means you would end up lower down the scale, which compared with most other operators is still industry average and a bit more, pay increase is awarded through performance and attitude, plus the annual bonus scheme, and I believe they are putting their ops staff through FAA licencing in florida..gotta think about the big picture sometimes.....

Atishoo
4th Jan 2007, 16:09
Sorry Servisair NOT Easyjet.

shaftenhoe end
4th Jan 2007, 16:52
easyJet ops has salary scales which are allocated depending on experience levels, less you have in years means you would end up lower down the scale, which compared with most other operators is still industry average and a bit more, pay increase is awarded through performance and attitude, plus the annual bonus scheme, and I believe they are putting their ops staff through FAA licencing in florida..gotta think about the big picture sometimes.....

Fair enough but open plan office and LTN based .. sorry but thats not for me.

princesssariah
4th Jan 2007, 17:39
I agree with Shaftenhoe end, Luton based is too far to commute for me and the salary offer made my decision for me.

I think that salary scales are definitely a good thing but not when they are so low - it harks back to the old adage of companies not being prepared to pay for quality staff regardless of experience- not that i am questioning the quality of current easyjet ops staff.

It just worries me that Ops staff are perenially undervalued in salary terms and it makes me question my future in the industry if companies place no value on what we do.

Aside from this i thought Easyjet Ops looked fantastic, much better than my current job, but alas i have to pay my rent and bills!

FiiS
4th Jan 2007, 17:43
If only their Ops was based at Stansted!! :ugh:

747-436
4th Jan 2007, 19:29
I think Ops departments are constantly undervalued, you only have to look around and see that other people in the company take home more than Ops staff.

I would say that they are one of the lowest paid in some companies.
Even junior cabin crew take home more than me some months! And also there is no rising scale at some companies either to reward Loyalty. At least Easyjet seem to be doing that though!

Back to the thread topic I think...........

avgas321
6th Jan 2007, 16:49
Blackbox and all,

Sorry for asking such a revealing question := , but what is the salary range for Ops Controllers at Easyjet? I'd also be inerested to know about career progression, especially for someone with a fair degree of experience.

Cheers to all and thanks in advance.

Ps/Is Luton really that bad??!!

princesssariah
6th Jan 2007, 18:10
Avgas i have sent you pm

avgas321
6th Jan 2007, 18:25
Thanks Princess. You have pm too.

Blackbox, forgot to mention, good luck!:ok:

BIG E
10th Jan 2007, 08:57
Luton town itself isn't particularly pleasant,however there are some very nice towns and villages within a 20 mile radius,the airport is ok apart from the traffic! and once the shiny (very bright) easyland is complete working conditions should be quite comfortable.

BigBill
20th Jan 2007, 17:14
You might want to think about parking at Luton Parkway rail station car park and going up to the terminal on the free shuttle bus. They run every few minutes. The cost of parking is £4.60 a day.