PDA

View Full Version : Work in China?!

CaptSimile
2nd Nov 2006, 15:43
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question - some of you may remember a lady called Linda Ding who used to place "wannabees" in China through a company called "Dragon Pilots". She basically used to translate your CV and cover letter, take care of all the admin to convert licences etc and then translate when you get an interview. She used to only charge if you were successful.

I was speaking to a friend of mine who was nearly placed by Linda and he said that she no longer places people however, she put him in touch with a Chris Wong who does place people.

I just sent my CV off to this email address: Dragonplacement@ hotmail . com

Has anyone heard of this, done the same or got anywhere through this avenue of enquiry???

Thanks in advance everyone.

CaptSimile.
:confused:

CaptSimile
2nd Nov 2006, 18:15
Ok guys,

I received an email from Mr Chris Wong - he advised me that he really only places "experienced pilots" - he said that many of the airlines in china would consider low hour pilots especially in light of the predicted shortage in that region and that we should apply direct to the airline if we fall into that category. At present he only places people with type ratings and time on type only which is pretty much the predicament found here in Europe. He said that he does this because it is easier to place people and convert their licences etc.

Oh well, back to the drawing board!!!

Capt Simile:sad:

ILSTOMIN
3rd Jan 2007, 19:38
Hello.
I have to opportunity to travel with a friend of my father to China/Hong Kong, in the coming weeks. (He is a native and speaks the language) I wondered what the odds are of visiting Chinese airline companies in hope of an interview. I have not sent any resumes or applied to any companies there yet. I currently hold FAA instructor ratings, and just finished up my JAA atpl (f). I have close to 1500 TT.
How is the conversion process of getting Chinese license and the working there?
Is it worth the trip down there?, Or is this a waste of both money and time?!?..:confused:
Any tips or comment regarding this subject would be greatly appreciated, “do or don’ts” in china, places to visit, etc… maybe work at a flight school…
Thanks!!:ok:

F900EX
3rd Jan 2007, 22:32
Hi there...
You mention flight school work. I know that Beijing Pan Am Flight Academy is always recruting. Why not pay them a visit and check out the place for yourself. Could be a good foot in the door to China. They use mostly DA40 and DA42 equipment. Mixed feelings regarding the operation on this forum.
Good luck.