PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth visit

tmmorris
3rd Jan 2007, 18:39
What's the approx cost of landing a 4-seat Robin at Bournemouth including a couple of hours' parking? I see there are a number of handling agents but it's not clear from the AFE flight guide whether handling is mandatory - I seem to remember it's possible to be handled by the club there?

Tim

Ni Thomas
3rd Jan 2007, 21:08
A four seater >1 tonne MAUW will be about £27. I think the 1st 2hrs are free but then you get charged - I don't reckon you'll get much change out of £35
You need PPR - Call Bournemouth Handling(01202 590888) They will give the cost as well as the PPR Number stuff.:mad:
On landing you will be directed to the Bournemouth Helicopters apron (situated at the southern threshold of Rny26) were you pay the dosh - (They're very friendly) :)
Prior to sallying back from whence thee came don't forget to book out (Bournemouth handling will help you with this or else phone 01202 364150 and do it direct with the Tower).
Have a goood visit

FREDAcheck
3rd Jan 2007, 21:09
I should ring them up and ask. I was going there a while ago, but didn't in the end. I rang the ops number in the AFE guide who told me it would be about £20 something plus overnight. They referred me to ATC for the PPR bit, who gave me a handling agent number. I haven't got that number any more, but I remember it wasn't any of the ones in the AFE book. Apparently this handling agent (the one whose number ATC gave me) does GA. You call them before setting out, and they do the booking in for you and collect your dosh.

Hope that helps.

FREDAcheck
3rd Jan 2007, 21:12
Snap! But NT's answer is much better than mine. I'm sure the Bournemouth Handling number was the one I was given too.

tmmorris
4th Jan 2007, 07:03
Thanks both. The new AFE does say to call Bournemouth Handling but doesn't give any guidance on charges. Not quite as steep as I feared - and I would only be there for a couple of hours (going to look at a second hand car, believe it or not!)

Tim

englishal
4th Jan 2007, 12:19
I got a pleasant surprise last time I was there. I was used to the usual £30odd quid landing fee, but as my plane weighs a shade under 1000Kg, it only cost about £15 :)

Yankee
4th Jan 2007, 21:33
Have the bill in front of me, £15.28 + £3.24 VAT for a <1000kg AA5 on the 10/12. 50% more if 1000-1500kg. This is the landing fee, there would be handling on top of that, the plane was EGHH based.

Ni Thomas
4th Jan 2007, 22:04
Hi Grandpa Yankee,
Your invoice was for an AA5 listed as 998kg - You lucky sod!!
£15.28 + £3.24 = £18.52. What's your VAT rate? :hmm:

My 680kg a/c costs me £15.75 + £2.76 = £18.51 per landing.
See you Saturday to compare VAT figures!! :ok:

tmmorris
5th Jan 2007, 08:34
Do they charge extra for IAPs?

Tim

Ni Thomas
5th Jan 2007, 09:06
Do they charge extra for IAPs?
Tim
Nosirree. :D They give lovely Radar Vectors/SRA's/ Procedurals whatever you ask for and all gloriously included. I suppose that's what we are paying for!.
Hint - Try and avoid the period around 1500/1700hrs when the Ryans & Thomsons are whizzing in and out.
Warning - Tangental thread creep - I'm based there with an <1tonne Grumman AA1 and pay (£18.51 per landing (rather than block landing fee). It's cheaper in the long run but a pain in rectum having to pay each time like this (actually they invoice me now since they removed the discount for payment on the day). However, it beats the cost of the annual Block fee of 220 x Normal landing fee (circa £4000 per annum). I do about 160 hrs per year but, as you can guess, no circuit stuff at Bournemouth! They won't negotiate me paying for say 70 landings a year or even 100. But nope.
It's a strict Quarterly, (55 landings), 1/2 Yearly (110) etc - I've lost count at the numbers of letter I've written to T'Management bleating about their administration costs in invoicing me every time + postage + envelopes etc.
My reasoning is that if they 'allowed' me to pay them up front, at the start of each year for a set number of landings (the aforesaid example of 70 per year), then they could:-
a) Get the dosh into their banks, earn humungous loads of interest etc
b) Save stupendous admin costs.
c) Be easier all round.
But sadly, to no avail. Woe is me!
Moan over ... (but still secretly cross!)