PDA

View Full Version : Over familiarization

Rick Storm
3rd Jan 2007, 17:31
Having posted on these pages and read most of the posts I feel it dam 'out of line' that none officer ranks are allowed to post on this page! Fellow officers' I trust you'll back me with this concern.

Good God!!! We are exchanging chat with the lower ranks. For Eg. some bloody Sgt sent me a PM Gad Sir!!!! The dam impudence! He should have gone through normal channels. I would suggest that Pprune set up an Officer only page to keep the 'riff raff' from communicating with the higher ranking officers.

I rest my case

Rick

Talking Radalt
3rd Jan 2007, 17:34
I would suggest that Pprune set up an Officer only page to keep the 'riff raff' from communicating with the higher ranking officers.

You lot never listen anyway, except when some oik displays a master stroke of pure genius at which point some Wodney takes an interest and tries to pass it off as his own idea. :hmm:

Rick Storm
3rd Jan 2007, 17:39
Sir, I take your reply with the sadness it deserves.

Echo-Charlie
3rd Jan 2007, 17:45
You are so right Rick. May I call you Rick? Ok then, thanks Rick. Why would the Other Ranks that frequent these forums want to listen to the rantings of a so called leader of men and women? Good god, Rick, I wouldn't trust our Officers as far as I could throw them Rick. BTW are you American?

Ratti1 Wus-up wit dat, are you American? :)

Lafyar Cokov
3rd Jan 2007, 17:56
I entirely concur - I mean earlier today one idiot posted the phrase "none officer ranks" I mean what does this drivel mean - didn't these people go to a proper school?????

Safety_Helmut
3rd Jan 2007, 18:01
Rick Storm ?
That must be Rick with a silent P, right ?

Happy New Year

S_H

Wholigan
3rd Jan 2007, 18:24
Over familiarization

Well Rick Storm, as an "officer", I would have thought you'd know the difference between your chosen title and "over-familiarity"!

:E :ok:

Rick Storm
3rd Jan 2007, 18:25
Taking aside my spoof post of the above, yes your right I am a member of the BNP AND PROUD OF IT!!!!! PM if you want to join, or.......online
www.bnp.org.uk (http://www.bnp.org.)
http://www.bnp.org./news_detail.php?newsd=129
Note: The convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, Artical 10
Re: Artical 10; Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right also includes 1) Freedom to hold opinions AND to receive and impart information and ideas.
Mods take note.

dallas
3rd Jan 2007, 18:51
So the BNP has officers? Great news - means they're fcuked too :)

Taking aside my spoof post of the above, yes your right I am a member of the BNP AND PROUD OF IT!!!!! PM if you want to join, or.......online

And I think you'll find the expression is "you are" or "you're". Also, especially in view of your alleged fascist credentials, a sentence in English would seem more important than ever. At least make an effort to try and be superior. :hmm:

stickmonkeytamer
3rd Jan 2007, 18:53
"none officer rank"??? May I suggest you look back at your Written Comms package from IOT (or just learn to spell) and put your name down for ISS...

SMT

ZH875
3rd Jan 2007, 19:08
I would suggest that Pprune set up an Officer only page to keep the 'riff raff' from communicating with the higher ranking officers.
RickThat's OK Rick, we, the 'riff raff' will just keep communicating with the lower ranking officers.:)

Rick Storm
3rd Jan 2007, 19:45
Guys...Re: post 10.."Taking aside my spoof post of the above" Ding dong??? Wake up!!!

Just one request from you all, when you leave the forces and can't find a job, know why you can't find work? Good God guys!! how many of you would work for the minimum wage? Look it up. In the forces your closeted from the real life. This country has an unprecedented infux of foreign workers, you think I joke? Good luck in the real world when you have to cook meals, pay council tax. I wish you all well.

stillin1
3rd Jan 2007, 19:49
Rick
Please stop talking to the other ranks (riff-RAF)! You are the living proof that they ain't inferior! Not to mention the spelling, grammer and the teeny fact that you are a complete ar#e:ugh: . Keep yer mouth shut and the troops may only think that you are a plonka - open your mouth and you have, in your case, removed all doubt:E
PS Next time you fancey a "wind-up" try copy and pastering to WP and and and then the Sell-chukker farcilitty. :rolleyes:

Always_broken_in_wilts
3rd Jan 2007, 19:52
Don't bite at the troll, it's not difficult fella's:ugh:

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
3rd Jan 2007, 19:57
Rick Storm

Ah! so you actually meant "overfamiliarity", which is not quite what you Posted.

I've lost interest now.

Pontius Navigator
3rd Jan 2007, 20:58
Good G*d Sir, none of you spot the deliberate spelling error either?

Article, Sir, Article, not Artical, totally farcical.

Tourist
3rd Jan 2007, 21:03
I would just like to say, that I fully support Rick Storms right to Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms to make a c#nt of himself.

Without such freedoms we might never have known.

Rick Storm
3rd Jan 2007, 21:07
Golf/Pontious
Gad Sir's, the cut of your gib makes me want to draw my sword and challenge you two Aghast Sir's I demand satisfaction!!!!!!!!!

Tourist
3rd Jan 2007, 21:12
I have a strong suspician that the only satisfaction you are likely to receive, ever, is from Pamela and her five sisters.

Pontius Navigator
3rd Jan 2007, 21:12
RS, given your position on the end of your petard I doubt whether your sword would be any use to you in such an elevated position.

Rick Storm
3rd Jan 2007, 21:24
What a load of w:mad: ers Sir I'm no Troll, why do you take the p:mad:

Toxteth O'Grady
3rd Jan 2007, 21:36
http://www.intellectualpoison.com/Pics/troll.jpg

Rick Storm
3rd Jan 2007, 21:43
Toxeth
Area of Liverpool where all the sad b:mad: rds live. Good name

Rick
Ratty1; I reply to all as Sir if male, it's a sign of respect. w:mad: ker

glum
3rd Jan 2007, 21:53
when you leave the forces and can't find a job, know why you can't find work?
This country has an unprecedented infux of foreign workers, you think I joke?
Good luck in the real world when you have to cook meals, pay council tax.
1. Yes. I've emmigrated to somewhere with decent weather and am living on my pension.

2. No, you don't joke. My sister employs one, and he's the best employee she has. Not to mention the one my partner employed. She was brilliant too.

3. I currently cook my own meals and pay my own council tax. But thank you for your concern!

Rick Storm
3rd Jan 2007, 21:57
Ratty1
No No Ratty1, No probs, you seem a nice boy, thanks for the photo....I'd rather have a sheep, err I'm not gay.I've rested my arms on a fence in North Wales and I promise some of the sheep 'winked' at me

N Joe
3rd Jan 2007, 21:58
I base my approach to dealing with "men" on this train-travel example from Stradling's "Customs of the Services" (1948):

Times are difficult and rolling stock is short, but try and avoid travelling in the same compartment as other ranks. It probably embarrasses both of you. You are expected to live up to your status as an officer and travel first class. If you are not travelling on a free first-class warrant, and funds are low, try and find a third-class compartment not occupie by any other ranks.

RS - I suspect its not just non-commissioned aircrew that post here; I've heard engineers also subscribe!

N Joe

brit bus driver
3rd Jan 2007, 22:03
Golf/Pontious
Gad Sir's, the cut of your gib makes me want to draw my sword and challenge you two Aghast Sir's I demand satisfaction!!!!!!!!!

Moreover, atrocious apostrophe abuse Sir. When expressing the plural of 'sir' it is simply 'sirs'. Your version denotes Sir is, or of sir....tsk, tsk.

Rick Storm
3rd Jan 2007, 22:13
Im off before I get slaughtered by the Mil guys, most seem nice boys.

Jokes apart, a few words. I hope you guys/gals read these posts, don't never never forget our thoughts are with you all.

May the Lord walk with you.

Daz

BEagle
3rd Jan 2007, 22:25
And with that, may we please see the deletion of this stupid thread.

Thanks.

advocatusDIABOLI
3rd Jan 2007, 22:32
Did I miss it???? Come on, come back.... Uhmmm My Luck. Bugger.

Always_broken_in_wilts
3rd Jan 2007, 22:34
Beag's old chap,

I have seen 3 nicely volatile threads mysteriously closed in the last few days so no doubt the "humour police" will grant your wish:=

advocatusDIABOLI
3rd Jan 2007, 22:35
Hey 'Daz'

Pity you had to ware shorts until you were 17 eh? :rolleyes:

Mmmmnice
4th Jan 2007, 01:03
Pontius - found out recently exactly what a petard is. The normal use is 'hoist by ones own petard' - hoist is a curious word to use and suggests that one might be suspended from one. Slightly misleading as my french dictionary describes a 'petard' as a small demolition charge typically used to remove a door or similar. Is this far enough off thread?................

stickmonkeytamer
4th Jan 2007, 01:20
Having been an airman for several years prior to becoming an officer, I don't remember being issued a username and password for this site after throwing my cap heavenwards in the Rotunda of CHOM...

Surely JPA will now be used to issue the password and username to only the Corps and mess up the travel claims and general pay of those below who maybe have the best ideas sometimes.

We (all Officers, not just aircrew) must remember that we are only doing the end product of the much harder work that all of those who may not hold as much rank as us have done to enable us to do our part. They are professional at what they do, sometimes much more professional than all of us put together. If we ostracise them, we will no longer exist. I think a lot of people at all levels have forgotten this fundamental thought in the military of today. The next time you drop a bomb, take off in a servicable (or at least flyable) aircraft, or even stand up to make a presentation, just stop and think about one person you have met that day who has done something to help you do what you are doing at that second. If you are dropping a bomb, I'll be happy enough if you drop a bit of chaff before thinking about them, maybe even a few flares and, OK, you can do a bit of evasion as well ( I know I do!!!). Find the time to think about them as you transit back. Don't think about them too long, or you may have strange feelings. ;) Go back and tell them that what they did enabled you to do your job- that is sometimes all you need to do to get a better result than you can imagine.

I was always told that I should have been a Padre.

SMT

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
4th Jan 2007, 07:52
Two questions;

(a) why is this still not in "Jet Blast"?

(b) why did stickmonkeytamer feel the need to state the obvious?

Vortex_Generator
4th Jan 2007, 11:53
Eg. some bloody Sgt sent me a PM Gad Sir!!!! The dam impudence! He should have gone through normal channels. I would suggest that Pprune set up an Officer only page to keep the 'riff raff' from communicating with the higher ranking officers.

I rest my case

Rick

That "bloody Sgt" is a senior non-commissioned officer so would naturally be entitled to join your officer only page.

GANNET FAN
4th Jan 2007, 12:08
Golf/Pontious

For heaven's sake spel proper...its JIB not the Rock

Archimedes
4th Jan 2007, 12:48
In fairness, GF, it can be both - 'Jib' being the correct naval way of spelling it, 'gib' being acceptable for non-matelots (at least according to Brewers 1894 edition!)

Stitchbitch
7th Jan 2007, 18:43
That "bloody Sgt" is a senior non-commissioned officer so would naturally be entitled to join your officer only page.

Cool, so it's only ACs, LACs, SACs and JTs who can't post here.:ok:

SamCaine
7th Jan 2007, 19:11
Cool, so it's only ACs, LACs, SACs and JTs who can't post here.

And people who say cool when not referring to the temperature :ok:

228 OCU
7th Jan 2007, 20:25
You lot never listen anyway, except when some oik displays a master stroke of pure genius at which point some Wodney takes an interest and tries to pass it off as his own idea. :hmm:

We had a Wing Co. who did just that, and got an O.B.E. for "his" idea. Anyone based at Biggin Hill during the 70s will know of whom I speak.

If in doubt BANG OUT!

Stitchbitch
9th Jan 2007, 20:01
Just testing the water...(temp):}

Sunfish
10th Jan 2007, 03:27
Of course we Australians are a little less formal....mate. I guess you might wish for the Chief Air Whatsit to visit Pprune, at least one person has found such websites illuminating..

General defends 'underground' army website

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/general-defends-underground-army-website/2006/10/21/1160851184506.html

Frank Walker
October 22, 2006

General Peter Leahy, reader, now writer, on the website.
Photo: Chris Lane

THE head of the Australian Army has personally intervened to stop bureaucrats blocking soldiers' access to an unofficial website where they can vent their anger and concerns about military life.

Army chief General Peter Leahy is fighting Defence Department officials for the right of military whistleblowers to complain about poor conditions and shoddy equipment.

Defence technical officers suddenly blocked all Defence Department computers from the website, called Fire Support Base.
General Leahy, who was reading the website at the time, immediately stepped in and ordered that the ban be lifted.

He stunned website members by posting a message under his own name, saying he had not ordered the ban, that it had been a decision of "the geek system", and that he had ordered access be restored.

The website has served for more than a year as an underground forum for military personnel to discuss grievances about equipment and controversial issues.

There are about 600 members of firesupportbase.com They have to give their real names to join but post material online using nicknames.
Members were shocked to find that the head of the army was also a member and had been quietly reading their gripes.

General Leahy posted under his real name without mentioning his rank.
"I have been working my way through the sites over the last few weeks and have found them very informative and, in most instances, constructive and useful," he wrote after members complained they had been locked out.
"I have certainly not ordered the geeks to block access. My ego is not bruised, I have actually learned a lot. I will try and find out tomorrow what is going on, and if the site has been banned I will ask to have access restored immediately. Peter Leahy."

The response was immediate. "Is this for real ?" asked 'Ballistician'. "I find it hard to believe he would look at what we yobbos have to say!"
General Leahy wrote back: "Yes, it is me. With regard to the site being barred, I have asked some questions this morning. From what I can see, the geek system has barred the site themselves. I have asked why and at the same time requested that the site be restored. Peter Leahy."

The website manager, a former soldier who did not want to be named, told The Sunday Age General Leahy joined the site two months ago, but this was the first time he had posted a message.

"It is great as he is getting unfiltered news and views direct from the ranks and concerned officers rather than having bureaucrats in Canberra dilute and filter stuff before it reaches him," the website manager said.

General Leahy also has access to a restricted inner forum on the site that discusses sensitive weapons and deployment problems.
Only approved serving ADF members have access to this inner forum, where troops air concerns such as the mental effects of deployment in Iraq and Afghanistan and moral issues arising from the fighting.

FOMere2eternity
10th Jan 2007, 07:44
THE head of the Australian Army has personally intervened to stop bureaucrats blocking soldiers' access to an unofficial website where they can vent their anger and concerns about military life
Jeez, that almost smacks of leadership! Haven't seen that in a while. I don't expect my lot to fall on their swords, but an occasional hint of guts and willingness to engage with the troops and discuss issues away from awkward 'unofficial visits' would be a cost-free way of at least implying some interest in why we all want to leave.

I propose: Can Jerry Robinson Fix the Royal Air Force?
(see the BBC2 NHS version - very enlightening and lots to learn!)

Octopussy2
10th Jan 2007, 12:50
Can I nominate Tourist as Pruner of the Year for his post on page 1? Fantastic!:ok:

Ali Barber
10th Jan 2007, 19:04
CAS, are you out there?