PDA

View Full Version : Easy advertising again

boredcounter
3rd Jan 2007, 08:02
Hi,
Seems Easy are advertising again. Ops and Crewing NMC officers. This time round, experience 1 year.....
Can anyone shed some light, Chopper?
Cheers
Bored

Chopper69
12th Jan 2007, 23:19
EZY are a fast growing Airline who need the right people to do the job. Someone once said that you can teach people systems, but you can't teach them attitude. That is a very true statement. I suspect EZY are looking for people that have a positive attitude, rather than some under achievers who will just turn up for their shift. I once worked for an Airline that gave you an annual length of service pay rise, I suspect EZY are changing the rules on that one and are focussing more on those that perform.
Hence experience is not a big issue, all the past 'baggage' is avoided.

bacardi walla
13th Jan 2007, 04:57
Chopper69 Morning, you have a PM. Thanks

ozzieb88
16th Jan 2007, 15:15
Where are they recruiting???

bacardi walla
16th Jan 2007, 17:53
On a very well known aviation job search site :D

chopper69 did you get my PM :confused:

boredcounter
17th Jan 2007, 08:58
Cheers for the reply mate.
Guess with the experience base available in house, Easy are in a position to go about things that way and through the numbers employed in Ops/Crewing maintain a company acceptable level of experience and bring 'low timers' on. For that, they should be commended, there are not many good breaks out there and a door opening, is a door opening.
Old timers should not all be tarred with the same brush though. Whilst I admit there are coasters, not all baggage is bad.
As a 'yougnster' with only 18 years in, it is still a learning curve every day. The changes anyone of my ilk has adapted to in the industry should prove a large degree of adaptability. Endless changes to both Companies and their procedures, rules, regs, aircraft types the list is endless. Many of us still stick at it and maintain PMA and a proactive attitude, whilst proving aviation is the chosen career path.
The industry is full of dead men's shoes already, that is why I for one, would take a backward CV move (in theory, no insult intended to Easy) to get back on a busy desk. With 27 years work left in me, say 7 in the Ops environment at Easy, with a training budget invested, I could/would be able to take 25 years experience sideways. All that with 20 years still to run. Will the no baggage people stick it out?
Good luck to Easy, I for one am still interested.
Bored

walla
17th Jan 2007, 10:26
Has anyone heard back with any interview dates this time round or is the appointment still open?

bacardi walla
17th Jan 2007, 13:31
Cheers for the reply mate.
With 27 years work left in me, say 7 in the Ops environment at Easy, with a training budget invested, I could/would be able to take 25 years experience sideways. All that with 20 years still to run. Will the no baggage people stick it out?
Good luck to Easy, I for one am still interested.
Bored

I too am in the same shoes as you, to coin a phrase, and with 25years experience, I am still very happy to run an ops desk but sadly, many companies are of the opinion that I'm not suitable. You at least received a reply from chopper69 which going by the lack of comms coming my way, could mean that there is more to this than just my level of experience. Maybe chopper69 would like to reply to my PM :confused:

jetsetwilly
17th Jan 2007, 13:38
I see a vacancy for NMC-Airports Officer (ALO) has come up internally. Interesting to see if it will turn up on a 'well known aviation job website'.
JSW.

ozzieb88
17th Jan 2007, 20:55
no need for the sarcasm i was only asking....

bacardi walla
18th Jan 2007, 07:54
no need for the sarcasm i was only asking....

That wasn't sarcastic. Advertising is not allowed on here so I put it across the best I could :ugh:

Chopper69
18th Jan 2007, 22:43
'boredcounter', etc I appreciate your very valid comments, maybe I have become a sceptic in my old age, 'maybe' I hear you all cry! My comments reflect a few years experience and more importantly, some experimentation.
'jetsetwilly' there is an amazing diversity of experience and positive attitude within the Ops/Crewing environment in EZY and I would expect that this position would be filled without the need to advertise externally.
'bacardi walla', please accept this as a response.
Chopper

bacardi walla
19th Jan 2007, 14:40
'boredcounter', etc I appreciate your very valid comments, maybe I have become a sceptic in my old age, 'maybe' I hear you all cry! My comments reflect a few years experience and more importantly, some experimentation.
'jetsetwilly' there is an amazing diversity of experience and positive attitude within the Ops/Crewing environment in EZY and I would expect that this position would be filled without the need to advertise externally.
'bacardi walla', please accept this as a response.
Chopper
Thank you for the reply. I guess then it's an internal vacancy :confused:

Do those who have applied get a formal reply from you or HR though ??

Chopper69
19th Jan 2007, 23:17
I would anticipate that the reply would come from EZY HR

ozzieb88
26th Jan 2007, 19:36
oops sorry didnt realise